Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4524835 times)

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #27930 on: June 06, 2018, 06:22:38 PM »
Anyone here have any praise to offer the Crockett IIs? Thinking of picking some up this upcoming paycheck.

Smartass

• Rep: 46
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #27931 on: June 06, 2018, 06:37:08 PM »
Anyone here have any praise to offer the Crockett IIs? Thinking of picking some up this upcoming paycheck.

Liquid super glue the stitching. I personally wasn’t a fan of them because of the placement of the stitching and the heel felt like a landing on a flat brick. That last one take with a grain of salt as I swapped my insoles out with some Kingfoams.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #27932 on: June 06, 2018, 06:38:17 PM »

If you have wide feet go .5 up. The break in period is a little longer than most but they're real nice after that. People say they don't last but I'm old so mine have an extended life and they skate well.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27933 on: June 06, 2018, 06:42:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you have wide feet go .5 up. The break in period is a little longer than most but they're real nice after that. People say they don't last but I'm old so mine have an extended life and they skate well.

I understand that they're kinda similar to the Walkers (which I liked a lot) but a little slimmer and more narrow (which I generally like in shoes.) Plus I'm really feeling the white/green colorway that's floating around.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #27934 on: June 06, 2018, 11:10:20 PM »
^the crocketts are good, durable outsoles, try them, but don't forget to glue the stitchings

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #27935 on: June 07, 2018, 02:06:29 AM »
^the crocketts are good, durable outsoles, try them, but don't forget to glue the stitchings
that or skate the kyle walkers, pretty similar skating wise plus a little more comfort for the heel and no stitching. Both solid shoes all around

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #27936 on: June 07, 2018, 07:18:38 AM »
I really dig the Crockett 2s. I'd put them in my top 5 for sure.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27937 on: June 07, 2018, 07:00:18 PM »
Grabbed 'em. I actually ended up going down in size. I'm generally a 10.5 or 11 in Vans, but even the 10.5s felt pretty big on me. Got some 10's and they feel really nice.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #27938 on: June 08, 2018, 09:02:30 AM »

state keys

ive been wanting some slip ons and planman is always raving about these and zumiez had them for 20 so i decided to try them. i LOVE them after a long session tomorrow and will be buying them at full price going forward.

im not sure what it is about them but they dont feel like a regular slip on. maybe its the slightly higher back?

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #27939 on: June 08, 2018, 02:34:28 PM »
any idea how / where to buy state shoes in central europe? i kinda googled it, but only found shops from the uk (which would be fine as well, but still, i`d like to support stores that are closer to me). also, sizing wise: US 11 in HUF/ emerica, 10.5 in most vans pro, wide foot, high arch, US 11 should be fine right? cheers guys.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27940 on: June 08, 2018, 02:47:40 PM »
I’m a 10.5 in vans and I got 10.5 in these. My foot is on the wider side too.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #27941 on: June 08, 2018, 10:13:13 PM »
any idea how / where to buy state shoes in central europe? i kinda googled it, but only found shops from the uk (which would be fine as well, but still, i`d like to support stores that are closer to me). also, sizing wise: US 11 in HUF/ emerica, 10.5 in most vans pro, wide foot, high arch, US 11 should be fine right? cheers guys.

I'm a size 11 in most shoes (HUF, most Pro Vans except Authentic) and 10.5 on Emericas for some odd reason. I have a local shop that carries State and I went there to test the Elgins out. Lengthwise I could fit a 10.5 but went with 11 in the end because the shoe is really low & tight on top of my foot. Otherwise I would have gone with 10.5. I've only walked around with them so far cuz I like to break in shoes by walking around in them. I think I'll skate them next winter as the soles are such pebble magnets that it's better to skate them only at the indoor park.

Randozzi

« Reply #27942 on: June 09, 2018, 09:23:08 PM »

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #27943 on: June 09, 2018, 10:08:22 PM »

state keys

ive been wanting some slip ons and planman is always raving about these and zumiez had them for 20 so i decided to try them. i LOVE them after a long session tomorrow and will be buying them at full price going forward.

im not sure what it is about them but they dont feel like a regular slip on. maybe its the slightly higher back?
gnar'd, welcome to the club; my pair is still going strong, I swear these shoes can take a beating

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27944 on: June 09, 2018, 10:52:51 PM »
I'm definitely getting the magenta colab states when they come out after skating these. They are great. Between these and the Ryan lays I recently got I'm pretty stoked on core companies again.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #27945 on: June 10, 2018, 03:31:23 AM »
Posted the same pic on the Setup thread. Rockin the OG Accels, they definitely feel big compared to other shoes, but I'm a cupsole dude so I can deal with the lack of boardfeel. Was quite surprised with how quick they broke in, and they skate great. Can definitely understand why the shoe was a staple for so long

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #27946 on: June 10, 2018, 12:39:38 PM »
Lucas ADV Primeknit, summer is almost here and I needed something comfortable and fresh to go to work.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27947 on: June 10, 2018, 02:16:14 PM »
I'm starting to think that maybe I should have sized up on the Gilbert's. They're kinda hurting my feet. When I tried on 10.5's (as opposed to my usual 11s) they felt like clown shoes cuz I had so much room in the front of my toe.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #27948 on: June 10, 2018, 03:02:30 PM »
I'm definitely getting the magenta colab states when they come out after skating these. They are great. Between these and the Ryan lays I recently got I'm pretty stoked on core companies again.

the Magenta x State shoes are pretty amazing to skate in and oddly enough, despite how vulnerable the shoe might look by design on visuals and whatnot, they are super durable - I've been abusing the same (early sample) pair for about a month and a half of intense, pretty much daily skating and it's holding up incredibly, even cosmetically, I think from not having seams in stupid spots and, generally, just having been conceived to be a practical skate shoe in the first place. realistically mine should be dead at that point but I can't see even a sign of a hole possibly starting to form soon on them, neither on the sides nor on the outsole, it's quite puzzling.

State's whole European distribution is supposed to start being operated a lot more practically as soon as next year, I hope that means European shops will get easier access to the shoes. all the models I've tried have felt true to size to me, being no stranger to Sole Tech and Vans sizings I'd say US 11 should be fine in your case.

franc

• Rep: 96
« Reply #27949 on: June 10, 2018, 03:11:57 PM »
I'm starting to think that maybe I should have sized up on the Gilbert's. They're kinda hurting my feet. When I tried on 10.5's (as opposed to my usual 11s) they felt like clown shoes cuz I had so much room in the front of my toe.

I usually wear 11.5s from Sole Tech or Vans and 11.5 Gilbies run true to size. I just started skating my third pair and they're perfect.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #27950 on: June 10, 2018, 03:58:53 PM »

I don't like saying I told you so. I love it.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27951 on: June 10, 2018, 04:45:40 PM »
They're still not even that tight on me though. I can slide them on and off and I've got at least half an inch of clearance from my big toe. 

I dunno, gonna keep trying them. Maybe I'm just destined to be a Walker boy.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #27952 on: June 10, 2018, 06:13:04 PM »
the Magenta x State shoes are pretty amazing to skate in and oddly enough, despite how vulnerable the shoe might look by design on visuals and whatnot, they are super durable - I've been abusing the same (early sample) pair for about a month and a half of intense, pretty much daily skating and it's holding up incredibly, even cosmetically, I think from not having seams in stupid spots and, generally, just having been conceived to be a practical skate shoe in the first place. realistically mine should be dead at that point but I can't see even a sign of a hole possibly starting to form soon on them, neither on the sides nor on the outsole, it's quite puzzling.
my Madisons are canvas and they just won't rip, State's designs are so on point!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27953 on: June 10, 2018, 08:06:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
my Madisons are canvas and they just won't rip, State's designs are so on point!

ive had a bunch of session on the keys now and i absolutely love them. the only down side is stuff getting caught in the soles but thats nothing. im extra stoked for the magentas after that review too! when will the fall stuff come out?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27954 on: June 10, 2018, 08:16:07 PM »
the only down side is stuff getting caught in the soles but thats nothing.
that's the only thing I can fault them for; total pebble magnets. As the grooves get more shallow though it tends to not be as bad

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27955 on: June 10, 2018, 10:16:19 PM »
what got me today was getting dirt/mud in them which got all my grip.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27956 on: June 10, 2018, 10:19:26 PM »
what got me today was getting dirt/mud in them which got all my grip.
smack them on the ground
but yeah, bit of a design flaw there considering how good the uppers are designed

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #27957 on: June 12, 2018, 12:31:44 AM »

Typical corporate brand trying to edge out core badminton shoe companies

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #27958 on: June 12, 2018, 03:12:46 AM »
Copped these, better looking than those sk8 hi bullshits