Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 2984187 times)

Pigeon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #28410 on: July 09, 2018, 10:29:14 AM »
Should I get P-Rod 10 in black/white or the Cromer in teal?
i was not vaccinated as a child and i turned out fine.

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #28411 on: July 09, 2018, 03:35:55 PM »
Neither, wait till you find a shoe you actually want.

Slacks

• Rep: 0
« Reply #28412 on: July 09, 2018, 06:23:51 PM »
Anyone try the etnies Jameson MT hi? Do they fit true to size?

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
« Reply #28413 on: July 10, 2018, 08:41:44 AM »

cromer.
instagram.com/used_shoe/

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #28414 on: July 10, 2018, 09:31:20 AM »
Has anyone here skated DC Kalis lite? they all hype on Instagram but I have actually never seen a proper review
I skated them for a few sessions, the grip is decent but only if you have brand new grip. Other than that they were way too slippery.
I haven't had any problems with the grip. Also the stability issue re high sole is a trick of the eye, they're not high or unstable at all. I really like them and will get them again.

What about the sizing? Been eyeing ones that are a full size bigger than usual for me, but looking for reviews they said were narrow. Also do they have any arch support?
TTS for me. I've got a really wide foot but didn't feel these were narrow. No arch support in the stock insole so I switched them for FP insoles.

stooeylewis

• Rep: 1
« Reply #28415 on: July 10, 2018, 02:37:39 PM »
tnt advance prototype black white color  on left foot big boot of a splint until orthopedic dr on thursday.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #28416 on: July 11, 2018, 02:20:36 PM »

Cromer in Teal.

Hi8Horizons

• Rep: -2
« Reply #28417 on: July 12, 2018, 04:43:04 AM »
I recently bought some DVS Enduro 125s because I wanted to have some fat, chunky skate shoes like what I used to skate years ago and they were on sale.

Let me tell you, these things are fucking crap. They're about twice as light as a shoe this size should be, meaning they are using cheap ass materials. The insides are stiff and hard and uncomfortable. I can't believe how shitty they are considering the retail for 60-70 bucks. It's literally like a fake shoe. The last shoes I bought that weren't Vans or Adidas was the version of the DC Josh Kalis that they were selling in like the mid to late 2000's. They lasted me for many years because I bought multiple pairs of them and used Shoe Goo.

These were seriously like 10x more comfortable and better quality than this modern DVS crap. I don't know what the fuck is going on with skateboard shoe manufacturing but I don't like it. I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but recently I bought some Airwalk shoes at Payless because they were like 20 bucks & I wanted to try them out to see how they were.

They were so stiff and uncomfortable and shitty to skate in that I eventually threw them out, but honestly these DVS's are pretty similar in quality to the Airwalks. They're nothing like the DVS's I remember, even though the outward appearance is similar.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 04:45:05 AM by Hi8Horizons »

HangtenNoseblunt

• Rep: -64
« Reply #28418 on: July 12, 2018, 07:20:07 AM »
jokes on you for buying dvs that company has always sucked ass

baustin

• Rep: 2
« Reply #28419 on: July 12, 2018, 08:01:16 AM »
Picked up some Adidas City Cups in black/gum and they're very accommodating for my wide ass feet right out of the box. Highly recommended if you suffer from bunions like me and you want a nice looking cupsole without all the puffiness. Haven't skated them yet but my hopes are up.

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 861
« Reply #28420 on: July 12, 2018, 08:59:35 AM »
Picked up some Adidas City Cups in black/gum and they're very accommodating for my wide ass feet right out of the box. Highly recommended if you suffer from bunions like me and you want a nice looking cupsole without all the puffiness. Haven't skated them yet but my hopes are up.

Let me know how they are when you skate them. I haven't heard great things but I have some wide ass bunioned ass feet. Like flippers that split into toes at the end.

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

HangtenNoseblunt

• Rep: -64
« Reply #28421 on: July 12, 2018, 09:14:24 AM »
i was considering the cupcity and have a wide foot as well but went with the es slb mid and am pretty happy with them so far. I think suffering through the first couple days with tight shoes is better than sizing up.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #28422 on: July 12, 2018, 08:56:08 PM »
Picked up some new OG Chucks from the Converse store today and they've changed them up; the Converse font on the shoe is different now, almost no felt at all on the outsole, and the insole feels a lot more cushiony. I like.

Hi8Horizons

« Reply #28423 on: July 12, 2018, 09:20:09 PM »

Wrong, DVS used to be great.

I had several pairs back in the day and they were always comfortable and good quality. Nothing like they are now.

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -384
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #28424 on: July 12, 2018, 10:03:41 PM »
that's the shoe you use to justify DVS?
At least post one of Keenan's models or the Getz shoe

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #yearoftheeagle

Hi8Horizons

« Reply #28425 on: July 12, 2018, 10:09:24 PM »
that's the shoe you use to justify DVS?
At least post one of Keenan's models or the Getz shoe

I don't give a fuck about justifying anything. It's just the truth. I hate this new hipster age.

Mystical Leader

• Rep: -67
« Reply #28426 on: July 12, 2018, 11:59:09 PM »
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 12:03:16 AM by Mystical Leader »

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #28427 on: July 13, 2018, 04:09:44 AM »

Wrong, DVS used to be great.

I had several pairs back in the day and they were always comfortable and good quality. Nothing like they are now.

also :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nth syd bear

• Rep: -26
« Reply #28428 on: July 13, 2018, 07:32:31 AM »
I wonder any skaters from Sydney will see this but in the 90ís and 00ís they sold ugly ass dvs like that
At the markets I never really knew if they were real or not coz they looked cheap I didnít skate em except one pair of Keenanís 1st one

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28429 on: July 14, 2018, 02:05:59 AM »
I wonder any skaters from Sydney will see this but in the 90ís and 00ís they sold ugly ass dvs like that
At the markets I never really knew if they were real or not coz they looked cheap I didnít skate em except one pair of Keenanís 1st one
Paddy's Markets special aye? I used to buy shoes from there all the time, apparently they were seconds and not straight up bootlegs...

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #yearoftheeagle

clamy

• Rep: 81
« Reply #28430 on: July 15, 2018, 11:33:17 PM »

Goodbye Vans... hello State (that's a lie. I still have a heap of slip on pros to burn through, but I want to keep supporting these guys).

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #28431 on: July 16, 2018, 02:51:05 PM »

Goodbye Vans... hello State (that's a lie. I still have a heap of slip on pros to burn through, but I want to keep supporting these guys).

I am backing this to the fullest extent.

Slacks

• Rep: 0
« Reply #28432 on: July 16, 2018, 08:34:45 PM »

How do the State Keys fit? Iím skating in the Bishop right now and love them just a tad bit long in the toe. Wishing they would get it true to size so I can support more.

clintendo

• Rep: -3
  • of sponnoz
« Reply #28433 on: July 17, 2018, 03:38:15 AM »
Also just got a set of the state Harlems, was a bit bummed on the non removable insole... until I put them on, so good!

clamy

• Rep: 81
« Reply #28434 on: July 17, 2018, 05:00:38 AM »
How do the State Keys fit? Iím skating in the Bishop right now and love them just a tad bit long in the toe. Wishing they would get it true to size so I can support more.

I wear a 10 in Slip On Pros and 10 in the Keys. The keys are wider in the toe. They might be a little longer, but they don't feel like it because there's plenty of heel lock. They might stretch after some wear, though. Maybe go half a size down.

Also just got a set of the state Harlems, was a bit bummed on the non removable insole... until I put them on, so good!

You can remove them. I didn't need a butter knife when I removed mine, there's only a small amount of glue holding them down.

I am backing this to the fullest extent.

I should've done it sooner!

Nth syd bear

« Reply #28435 on: July 17, 2018, 07:48:43 AM »
Paddy's Markets special aye? I used to buy shoes from there all the time, apparently they were seconds and not straight up bootlegs...

Yeah thatís right they sorta came in waves of what was decent enough I bough sals thereís few times
But yeah the dvs only ever one pair of Keenanís .. the tech shit looked suspicious I thought
Sometimes u could get kckís too.. I wonder if they still skate shoes at paddyís I was a block from there today .. but Tuesday it wouldnít be open I guess

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28436 on: July 17, 2018, 10:02:52 PM »

Yeah thatís right they sorta came in waves of what was decent enough I bough sals thereís few times
But yeah the dvs only ever one pair of Keenanís .. the tech shit looked suspicious I thought
Sometimes u could get kckís too.. I wonder if they still skate shoes at paddyís I was a block from there today .. but Tuesday it wouldnít be open I guess
I don't think they do (still sell them there). I had some DC clockers and maroon sals from there and they seemed fine. Crazy that you could get kck there too but I guess they had the other duffs there too though. I seemed to remember them stocking axion too which is pretty ridics because I don't remember seeing that brand too much in Australia at all really...

Nth syd bear

« Reply #28437 on: July 20, 2018, 04:06:13 AM »

I don't think they do (still sell them there). I had some DC clockers and maroon sals from there and they seemed fine. Crazy that you could get kck there too but I guess they had the other duffs there too though. I seemed to remember them stocking axion too which is pretty ridics because I don't remember seeing that brand too much in Australia at all really...
yeah they had Guyís shoe briefly.. never liked that shoe.. kinda funny if you spent enough time around the city you could tell what was there from what skaters were wearing..I had friends that really would not buy shoes anywhere else ever.. sds n shit wasnít exactly cheap..

shitcunt

• Rep: 5
« Reply #28438 on: July 21, 2018, 06:13:33 AM »
Question:
(I tried searching for a thread about this but came up emptyhanded)
Anyone have experience with ďde puffingĒ shoes?
I have some Dunk hiís that I would like to remove some padding (from the heel collar) from.
Anyone done anything like that?
Why would you want to do such a deranged thing?

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • HI8VHS
« Reply #28439 on: July 22, 2018, 11:54:39 AM »
Question:
(I tried searching for a thread about this but came up emptyhanded)
Anyone have experience with ďde puffingĒ shoes?
I have some Dunk hiís that I would like to remove some padding (from the heel collar) from.
Anyone done anything like that?
Why would you want to do such a deranged thing?
Because the back of them are just way too thick, but I like the way they skate... I havenít done it yet.. so maybe I donít actually want to... who knows