Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4524915 times)

planman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #28050 on: July 08, 2018, 07:49:56 PM »
The Nikes were skated once or twice, the Etnies were brand new but had an Adidas insole. Most of the other shoes were clearly a little worn but still good. As for the side panel, it seems to be holding up fine for me after a few weeks of skating.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #28051 on: July 08, 2018, 08:40:34 PM »
My mans with the funny-style Vans,  the off-brands,  the fugayzie jumpoffs.  Pair 'em with some USPA my dude 

wheee!

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #28052 on: July 08, 2018, 09:25:32 PM »
Ahhhh, feels good not being a slave to marketing

Pigeon

« Reply #28053 on: July 09, 2018, 10:29:14 AM »
Should I get P-Rod 10 in black/white or the Cromer in teal?

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #28054 on: July 09, 2018, 03:35:55 PM »
Neither, wait till you find a shoe you actually want.

Slacks

• Rep: 0
« Reply #28055 on: July 09, 2018, 06:23:51 PM »
Anyone try the etnies Jameson MT hi? Do they fit true to size?

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #28056 on: July 10, 2018, 08:41:44 AM »

cromer.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #28057 on: July 10, 2018, 09:31:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Has anyone here skated DC Kalis lite? they all hype on Instagram but I have actually never seen a proper review
[close]
I skated them for a few sessions, the grip is decent but only if you have brand new grip. Other than that they were way too slippery.
[close]
I haven't had any problems with the grip. Also the stability issue re high sole is a trick of the eye, they're not high or unstable at all. I really like them and will get them again.
[close]

What about the sizing? Been eyeing ones that are a full size bigger than usual for me, but looking for reviews they said were narrow. Also do they have any arch support?
TTS for me. I've got a really wide foot but didn't feel these were narrow. No arch support in the stock insole so I switched them for FP insoles.

stooeylewis

• Rep: 1
« Reply #28058 on: July 10, 2018, 02:37:39 PM »
tnt advance prototype black white color  on left foot big boot of a splint until orthopedic dr on thursday.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #28059 on: July 11, 2018, 02:20:36 PM »

Cromer in Teal.

Hi8Horizons

• Rep: -2
« Reply #28060 on: July 12, 2018, 04:43:04 AM »
I recently bought some DVS Enduro 125s because I wanted to have some fat, chunky skate shoes like what I used to skate years ago and they were on sale.

Let me tell you, these things are fucking crap. They're about twice as light as a shoe this size should be, meaning they are using cheap ass materials. The insides are stiff and hard and uncomfortable. I can't believe how shitty they are considering the retail for 60-70 bucks. It's literally like a fake shoe. The last shoes I bought that weren't Vans or Adidas was the version of the DC Josh Kalis that they were selling in like the mid to late 2000's. They lasted me for many years because I bought multiple pairs of them and used Shoe Goo.

These were seriously like 10x more comfortable and better quality than this modern DVS crap. I don't know what the fuck is going on with skateboard shoe manufacturing but I don't like it. I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but recently I bought some Airwalk shoes at Payless because they were like 20 bucks & I wanted to try them out to see how they were.

They were so stiff and uncomfortable and shitty to skate in that I eventually threw them out, but honestly these DVS's are pretty similar in quality to the Airwalks. They're nothing like the DVS's I remember, even though the outward appearance is similar.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 04:45:05 AM by Hi8Horizons »

HangtenNoseblunt

• Rep: -189
« Reply #28061 on: July 12, 2018, 07:20:07 AM »
jokes on you for buying dvs that company has always sucked ass
Thank goodness we have HangtenNoseblunt in here as the voice of reason.

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #28062 on: July 12, 2018, 08:01:16 AM »
Picked up some Adidas City Cups in black/gum and they're very accommodating for my wide ass feet right out of the box. Highly recommended if you suffer from bunions like me and you want a nice looking cupsole without all the puffiness. Haven't skated them yet but my hopes are up.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #28063 on: July 12, 2018, 08:59:35 AM »
Picked up some Adidas City Cups in black/gum and they're very accommodating for my wide ass feet right out of the box. Highly recommended if you suffer from bunions like me and you want a nice looking cupsole without all the puffiness. Haven't skated them yet but my hopes are up.

Let me know how they are when you skate them. I haven't heard great things but I have some wide ass bunioned ass feet. Like flippers that split into toes at the end.

HangtenNoseblunt

• Rep: -189
« Reply #28064 on: July 12, 2018, 09:14:24 AM »
i was considering the cupcity and have a wide foot as well but went with the es slb mid and am pretty happy with them so far. I think suffering through the first couple days with tight shoes is better than sizing up.
Thank goodness we have HangtenNoseblunt in here as the voice of reason.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #28065 on: July 12, 2018, 08:56:08 PM »
Picked up some new OG Chucks from the Converse store today and they've changed them up; the Converse font on the shoe is different now, almost no felt at all on the outsole, and the insole feels a lot more cushiony. I like.

Hi8Horizons

« Reply #28066 on: July 12, 2018, 09:20:09 PM »

Wrong, DVS used to be great.

I had several pairs back in the day and they were always comfortable and good quality. Nothing like they are now.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #28067 on: July 12, 2018, 10:03:41 PM »
that's the shoe you use to justify DVS?
At least post one of Keenan's models or the Getz shoe

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Hi8Horizons

« Reply #28068 on: July 12, 2018, 10:09:24 PM »
that's the shoe you use to justify DVS?
At least post one of Keenan's models or the Getz shoe

I don't give a fuck about justifying anything. It's just the truth. I hate this new hipster age.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #28069 on: July 12, 2018, 11:59:09 PM »
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 12:03:16 AM by Mystical Leader »

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #28070 on: July 13, 2018, 04:09:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wrong, DVS used to be great.

I had several pairs back in the day and they were always comfortable and good quality. Nothing like they are now.

also :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #28071 on: July 13, 2018, 07:32:31 AM »
I wonder any skaters from Sydney will see this but in the 90’s and 00’s they sold ugly ass dvs like that
At the markets I never really knew if they were real or not coz they looked cheap I didn’t skate em except one pair of Keenan’s 1st one

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28072 on: July 14, 2018, 02:05:59 AM »
I wonder any skaters from Sydney will see this but in the 90’s and 00’s they sold ugly ass dvs like that
At the markets I never really knew if they were real or not coz they looked cheap I didn’t skate em except one pair of Keenan’s 1st one
Paddy's Markets special aye? I used to buy shoes from there all the time, apparently they were seconds and not straight up bootlegs...

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #28073 on: July 16, 2018, 02:51:05 PM »

Goodbye Vans... hello State (that's a lie. I still have a heap of slip on pros to burn through, but I want to keep supporting these guys).

I am backing this to the fullest extent.

Slacks

• Rep: 0
« Reply #28074 on: July 16, 2018, 08:34:45 PM »

Goodbye Vans... hello State (that's a lie. I still have a heap of slip on pros to burn through, but I want to keep supporting these guys).

How do the State Keys fit? I’m skating in the Bishop right now and love them just a tad bit long in the toe. Wishing they would get it true to size so I can support more.

clintendo

• Rep: 24
« Reply #28075 on: July 17, 2018, 03:38:15 AM »
Also just got a set of the state Harlems, was a bit bummed on the non removable insole... until I put them on, so good!

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28076 on: July 17, 2018, 07:48:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Paddy's Markets special aye? I used to buy shoes from there all the time, apparently they were seconds and not straight up bootlegs...

Yeah that’s right they sorta came in waves of what was decent enough I bough sals there’s few times
But yeah the dvs only ever one pair of Keenan’s .. the tech shit looked suspicious I thought
Sometimes u could get kck’s too.. I wonder if they still skate shoes at paddy’s I was a block from there today .. but Tuesday it wouldn’t be open I guess

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28077 on: July 17, 2018, 10:02:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Yeah that’s right they sorta came in waves of what was decent enough I bough sals there’s few times
But yeah the dvs only ever one pair of Keenan’s .. the tech shit looked suspicious I thought
Sometimes u could get kck’s too.. I wonder if they still skate shoes at paddy’s I was a block from there today .. but Tuesday it wouldn’t be open I guess
I don't think they do (still sell them there). I had some DC clockers and maroon sals from there and they seemed fine. Crazy that you could get kck there too but I guess they had the other duffs there too though. I seemed to remember them stocking axion too which is pretty ridics because I don't remember seeing that brand too much in Australia at all really...

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28078 on: July 20, 2018, 04:06:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
I don't think they do (still sell them there). I had some DC clockers and maroon sals from there and they seemed fine. Crazy that you could get kck there too but I guess they had the other duffs there too though. I seemed to remember them stocking axion too which is pretty ridics because I don't remember seeing that brand too much in Australia at all really...
yeah they had Guy’s shoe briefly.. never liked that shoe.. kinda funny if you spent enough time around the city you could tell what was there from what skaters were wearing..I had friends that really would not buy shoes anywhere else ever.. sds n shit wasn’t exactly cheap..

shitcunt

• Rep: 4
« Reply #28079 on: July 21, 2018, 06:13:33 AM »
Question:
(I tried searching for a thread about this but came up emptyhanded)
Anyone have experience with “de puffing” shoes?
I have some Dunk hi’s that I would like to remove some padding (from the heel collar) from.
Anyone done anything like that?
Why would you want to do such a deranged thing?