Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4524970 times)

MOE SYZLAK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #28080 on: July 22, 2018, 11:54:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Question:
(I tried searching for a thread about this but came up emptyhanded)
Anyone have experience with “de puffing” shoes?
I have some Dunk hi’s that I would like to remove some padding (from the heel collar) from.
Anyone done anything like that?
[close]
Why would you want to do such a deranged thing?
Because the back of them are just way too thick, but I like the way they skate... I haven’t done it yet.. so maybe I don’t actually want to... who knows

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #28081 on: July 23, 2018, 03:24:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
jokes on you for buying dvs that company has always sucked ass
[close]

Wrong, DVS used to be great.

I had several pairs back in the day and they were always comfortable and good quality. Nothing like they are now.
[close]

also :

The Gav had a few good shoes back in the day. 

nonickname

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #28082 on: July 25, 2018, 04:40:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
jokes on you for buying dvs that company has always sucked ass
[close]

Wrong, DVS used to be great.

I had several pairs back in the day and they were always comfortable and good quality. Nothing like they are now.
[close]

also :

[close]

The Gav had a few good shoes back in the day.
The Wilson 5 x Girl in the Brown suede was also amazing for a more recent release. Simple shoe that skated well and looked great.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 01:50:50 AM by Bubblegum Tate »
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #28083 on: July 27, 2018, 02:01:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Question:
(I tried searching for a thread about this but came up emptyhanded)
Anyone have experience with “de puffing” shoes?
I have some Dunk hi’s that I would like to remove some padding (from the heel collar) from.
Anyone done anything like that?
[close]
Why would you want to do such a deranged thing?
[close]
Because the back of them are just way too thick, but I like the way they skate... I haven’t done it yet.. so maybe I don’t actually want to... who knows
It seems by doing so you will CHANGE the way they skate. First removing the padding will increase the shoe size and the shoe won't fit making it uncomfortable. Just don't do it.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #28084 on: July 28, 2018, 01:27:12 PM »

7 buckssssss

nooky

• Rep: 9
« Reply #28085 on: July 28, 2018, 02:24:18 PM »
State Mercer, solid 2 weeks worth of sessions in these and they're holding up nicely, I super glued the threads but even so the suede is really durable

how do you skate your bolts like that. if my bolts poke up at all i want to kill myself
I started getting a lot better when I went back to college and started taking a lot of math classes when I was 31.

I figured out how to figure things out better, if that makes sense.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #28086 on: July 28, 2018, 02:33:29 PM »
It was a newish board when it was taken I tightened them up a bit since then

shitdick22

• Rep: 1
« Reply #28087 on: July 29, 2018, 06:47:05 AM »
Lakai Cambridge
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 06:50:50 AM by shitdick22 »

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #28088 on: July 29, 2018, 06:47:33 AM »
I rarely repeat buying the same shoe, but this makes my 3rd and 4th pair respectively.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #28089 on: July 29, 2018, 08:56:44 AM »
I'm running that gum/red pair too

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #28090 on: July 29, 2018, 12:57:21 PM »
Basic black and white Hupper 2's with lunarlons in them.

Note: Steam will unpack lunarlon for those trying to keep that dream alive.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28091 on: July 29, 2018, 02:10:52 PM »

I've always been a sucker for dark red shoes. Either way, favorite shoe of recent years by far.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #28092 on: July 29, 2018, 02:28:20 PM »
Just started skating in these. Thought I wouldn't dig the colorway but it actually works well. State Madisons. Last pair of these I had lasted 4 months, but I tend to never retire a pair of shoes till they're completely out. I should stop doing that, actually, it's probably destroying my feet as I'm getting older. Anyway it feels great to have good ankle support and padding again.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #28093 on: July 29, 2018, 03:27:27 PM »
That colorway of States reminds me a little of the Gravis Arto Mids from awhile back. I always loved how that shoe looked

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #28094 on: July 29, 2018, 05:58:31 PM »
State Madisons are great, my canvas pair has held up so fucking well. Honestly though I wish it was a bit chunkier around the collar ala Rowley's first shoe. Anyway, they are basically a bulletproof vans era with a better insole and tonnes of grip. Will be interested to see how much life you get out of them

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28095 on: July 30, 2018, 12:36:14 PM »
State Madisons are great, my canvas pair has held up so fucking well. Honestly though I wish it was a bit chunkier around the collar ala Rowley's first shoe. Anyway, they are basically a bulletproof vans era with a better insole and tonnes of grip. Will be interested to see how much life you get out of them

I already skated one pair a while back (the first ever States I got, actually) and it lasted me four months, marking the first time a skate shoe would last me this long since the bulky shoes era. I actually filmed a whole sponsor me tape for State just in that one pair, and eventually started getting more shoes. I'm super hyped on them, they are super practical and have a classic skate shoe look.

Here's my clip in case you're interested in seeing the same pair of shoe degrade over time. They're completely thrashed at the end. The video is set to private and some of the footage has yet to come out but fuck it, it's the fucking shoe thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNMnK4tD2BE

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #28096 on: July 30, 2018, 02:14:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I already skated one pair a while back (the first ever States I got, actually) and it lasted me four months, marking the first time a skate shoe would last me this long since the bulky shoes era. I actually filmed a whole sponsor me tape for State just in that one pair, and eventually started getting more shoes. I'm super hyped on them, they are super practical and have a classic skate shoe look.

Here's my clip in case you're interested in seeing the same pair of shoe degrade over time. They're completely thrashed at the end. The video is set to private and some of the footage has yet to come out but fuck it, it's the fucking shoe thread.

Damn that was sick! That long line cruising down the city with the kids running! Must've felt amazing!

And how come a canvas shoe can hold up that well?

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28097 on: July 30, 2018, 04:37:55 PM »
thanks man. that was fun indeed. that's in a Croatian village called Vodjnan. those kids are gypsies who live out on the streets all day pretty much. we went to skate there several days in a row and kept bumping into them. they had (toy) skateboards as soon as the second day which felt amazing.

all State shoes have an extra layer of discrete rubbery fabric on the inside of the shoe so as soon as you make it through the canvas, that thing is there to take all the abuse. and it lasts a while. on a pair of Hudsons (I think) I went through the canvas in two days, I thought that was the first time State was going to let me down but despite the cosmetic disgrace I kept skating that pair for three more months if not more. I usually wear States out before I really get holes in the shoe (happened once in maybe 6 or 7 models I've skated).

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #28098 on: July 31, 2018, 01:42:10 AM »
I'm watching that silhouette clip before every sesh from now on. Sheesh

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #28099 on: July 31, 2018, 02:49:04 AM »
shiloutte rules !  ;D

clintendo

• Rep: 24
« Reply #28100 on: July 31, 2018, 03:08:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A lot of cool shit in the clip, no doubt about it, but also a lot of the same shit, go for quality over quantity my dude and you'll be killing it!

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28101 on: July 31, 2018, 04:45:14 AM »
Thanks guys! Means a lot. Stoked it got you hyped planman.

Yeah the clip is repetitive no doubt. It's not meant to be a video part, it's really just a tape for which I just threw all my recent shit in States on the timeline, I didn't put any thought into trying to build anything coherent. A lot of those clips are just me skating naturally not even thinking about filming, some of them are first try on the fly in between other people's takes. It was filmed with different folks for different projects too, so in order to content them all individually I repeated my strongest go to's as we always only had short windows of time to film. But as a result my favorite classic tricks I actually do on the daily, nollie flips, ledge stuff etc. barely ever get filmed. I don't even have a filmer where I live, so I really only get to film whilst on trips and sometimes that's tricky working your way around other people who sometimes are actually paid to skate.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 04:49:41 AM by silhouette »

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #28102 on: July 31, 2018, 07:46:51 AM »
The Toyota Camry of skate shoes. Nothing spectacular or awe-inspiring, but they get the job done & last a while

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #28103 on: July 31, 2018, 08:09:19 AM »
shiloutte rules !  ;D

last trick was so sick. you're taking your signature move to it's peak.
downhill marble alley in Croatia seems worth a plane ticket. that looked so fun.

franc

• Rep: 96
« Reply #28104 on: July 31, 2018, 08:29:25 AM »
Is it hard to get rid of these Ortholite insoles that are in the Vans TNT SGs I recently got? Is it the same insoles that were in the Rowley Solos? Should I get rid of them and put UltraCush insoles in them instead? Would that work? Thanks!

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #28105 on: July 31, 2018, 08:39:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've always been a sucker for dark red shoes. Either way, favorite shoe of recent years by far.

skated the kyle walkers nearly exclusively for more than two years. even though the newer colorways seem to not last as long as those cream colored ones from the first release- still have one pair left!

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28106 on: July 31, 2018, 09:28:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

skated the kyle walkers nearly exclusively for more than two years. even though the newer colorways seem to not last as long as those cream colored ones from the first release- still have one pair left!

I really wish they didn’t discontinue the cream color ones, as well as those black ones with the brown accents. The last pair I had were the blackouts and they lasted forever. I actually still wear them sometimes when I do outdoor work.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28107 on: July 31, 2018, 12:30:26 PM »
Expand Quote
shiloutte rules !  ;D
[close]

last trick was so sick. you're taking your signature move to it's peak.
downhill marble alley in Croatia seems worth a plane ticket. that looked so fun.

Thank you so much. That downhill marble alley pretty much is the entire village, actually; its downtown area at least. It's super quiet and slow and the neighbors kept bringing us water bottles and being super nice to us. Those kids were amazing as well. They were so stoked around us, some of them had toy boards, I hope they kept skating.

It's literally ten minutes by car from to the place where they organize the Vladimir skate film festival every september too. Incredibly peaceful settings.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 12:32:05 PM by silhouette »

hmmmokay

« Reply #28108 on: July 31, 2018, 12:50:20 PM »

State Harlem's.

First pair of States, incredibly comfortable and have definitely peaked my interested in trying out some more of what they offer.  I got these just to chill in, but I'm sure they'll eventually end up being skated.

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #28109 on: July 31, 2018, 04:08:24 PM »
Thanks guys! Means a lot. Stoked it got you hyped planman.

Yeah the clip is repetitive no doubt. It's not meant to be a video part, it's really just a tape for which I just threw all my recent shit in States on the timeline, I didn't put any thought into trying to build anything coherent. A lot of those clips are just me skating naturally not even thinking about filming, some of them are first try on the fly in between other people's takes. It was filmed with different folks for different projects too, so in order to content them all individually I repeated my strongest go to's as we always only had short windows of time to film. But as a result my favorite classic tricks I actually do on the daily, nollie flips, ledge stuff etc. barely ever get filmed. I don't even have a filmer where I live, so I really only get to film whilst on trips and sometimes that's tricky working your way around other people who sometimes are actually paid to skate.

Your crazy-ass style is entertaining, would definitely watch what you put out!