Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4525030 times)

BoxStuffer and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

clintendo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 24
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #28110 on: August 01, 2018, 04:18:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Thanks guys! Means a lot. Stoked it got you hyped planman.

Yeah the clip is repetitive no doubt. It's not meant to be a video part, it's really just a tape for which I just threw all my recent shit in States on the timeline, I didn't put any thought into trying to build anything coherent. A lot of those clips are just me skating naturally not even thinking about filming, some of them are first try on the fly in between other people's takes. It was filmed with different folks for different projects too, so in order to content them all individually I repeated my strongest go to's as we always only had short windows of time to film. But as a result my favorite classic tricks I actually do on the daily, nollie flips, ledge stuff etc. barely ever get filmed. I don't even have a filmer where I live, so I really only get to film whilst on trips and sometimes that's tricky working your way around other people who sometimes are actually paid to skate.
[close]

Your crazy-ass style is entertaining, would definitely watch what you put out!

Makes a lot more sense now you say it, either-way dude the skateboarding is what counts and it was fun to watch so just keep doing it!

micky682

« Reply #28111 on: August 01, 2018, 04:24:16 PM »
Any shoes with similar flick to the Vans Crockett 2s?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #28112 on: August 01, 2018, 05:45:24 PM »
Expand Quote
State Madisons are great, my canvas pair has held up so fucking well. Honestly though I wish it was a bit chunkier around the collar ala Rowley's first shoe. Anyway, they are basically a bulletproof vans era with a better insole and tonnes of grip. Will be interested to see how much life you get out of them
[close]

I already skated one pair a while back (the first ever States I got, actually) and it lasted me four months, marking the first time a skate shoe would last me this long since the bulky shoes era. I actually filmed a whole sponsor me tape for State just in that one pair, and eventually started getting more shoes. I'm super hyped on them, they are super practical and have a classic skate shoe look.

Here's my clip in case you're interested in seeing the same pair of shoe degrade over time. They're completely thrashed at the end. The video is set to private and some of the footage has yet to come out but fuck it, it's the fucking shoe thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNMnK4tD2BE
fuck man, always a treat to see your footy. you're honestly hyping me to skate faster/ not be a possey in my old age. Great shit and you make them states look really good!!!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #28113 on: August 02, 2018, 09:14:55 AM »
thanks for the kind words guys. I'm a huge poosey actually. I actively try to cover that up but deep inside I know that every time I put that foot down I'm losing crumbs of credibility.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #28114 on: August 05, 2018, 07:47:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
State Madisons are great, my canvas pair has held up so fucking well. Honestly though I wish it was a bit chunkier around the collar ala Rowley's first shoe. Anyway, they are basically a bulletproof vans era with a better insole and tonnes of grip. Will be interested to see how much life you get out of them
[close]

I already skated one pair a while back (the first ever States I got, actually) and it lasted me four months, marking the first time a skate shoe would last me this long since the bulky shoes era. I actually filmed a whole sponsor me tape for State just in that one pair, and eventually started getting more shoes. I'm super hyped on them, they are super practical and have a classic skate shoe look.

Here's my clip in case you're interested in seeing the same pair of shoe degrade over time. They're completely thrashed at the end. The video is set to private and some of the footage has yet to come out but fuck it, it's the fucking shoe thread.
[close]
fuck man, always a treat to see your footy. you're honestly hyping me to skate faster/ not be a possey in my old age. Great shit and you make them states look really good!!!

Man who’s this silhouette..?.? Your really a bit of shredder aye..
What’s that trick you do of your nose nollie impossible...?.?
 Surprised at some of those tricks didn’t know what was going on

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28115 on: August 05, 2018, 02:44:21 PM »
Thanks man. Yeah nollie impossible over the front foot, learned that one maybe six years prior to learning them regular, and nollie flips, because I make no sense. But I do like surprising and confusing shit. Stoked you were into it.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #28116 on: August 05, 2018, 05:16:13 PM »
https://www.google.ca/search?q=nike+sb+check+green&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj2jfCXkdfcAhURCTQIHSUfB5UQ_AUICigB&biw=1340&bih=776#imgdii=TuspBsmTG8m0tM:&imgrc=6By7KLHkkcxyHM:

^Not sure if that works...

As someone who is quite anti-Nike or any sports brands being in skateboarding, it was really hard for me to pay hard earned cash for a pair of Nikes, but they were on for $40 at Winners so I decided I'd give em' a try to see if there was any meat to the 'superior quality' argument. Probably gonna rip the swoosh off. Will report back...

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #28117 on: August 05, 2018, 06:53:19 PM »
Thanks man. Yeah nollie impossible over the front foot, learned that one maybe six years prior to learning them regular, and nollie flips, because I make no sense. But I do like surprising and confusing shit. Stoked you were into it.
Yeah man.. thanks for posting that.. keep it up

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #28118 on: August 06, 2018, 11:51:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Man who’s this silhouette..?.? Your really a bit of shredder aye..
What’s that trick you do of your nose nollie impossible...?.?
 Surprised at some of those tricks didn’t know what was going on

I thought Amyeric Nocus was a French legend, no?
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28119 on: August 07, 2018, 04:48:09 PM »
No, he's really just some doofus who posts on SLAP...

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #28120 on: August 07, 2018, 09:29:43 PM »
Etnies sent me the Joslin pro shoe and he signed the box.

The shoe seems pretty durable from holding them and trying them on. But pretty stiff, definitely needs to be broken in.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #28121 on: August 07, 2018, 10:37:09 PM »
Lakai Griffin, couldn't stand the baby blue so I painted the flare in black

Lowkey_imaghost

• Rep: 0
« Reply #28122 on: August 08, 2018, 04:01:20 AM »
I wish I could complain, but I dig them

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #28123 on: August 11, 2018, 12:21:44 PM »
Lakai Griffin, couldn't stand the baby blue so I painted the flare in black

Sounds like a serious improvement
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #28124 on: August 13, 2018, 11:37:29 AM »
Currently on my fifth pair of NB#

First were the 522 v1 and the logans. Both were awesome but i preferred the 533 more, the logans were good too but not as great. Im on my second pair of 533 now and have another one of the v2s and i just got the allstons yesterday on sale for $30

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmaO3gTFijq/?taken-by=imran927
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #28125 on: August 18, 2018, 12:51:28 PM »
Anybody in here skated the DC Tiago’s? Ordered some half off the other day from their site and I’m stoked to skate em. Do they run true to size? And from everything I’ve seen, durability and impact protection is rock solid, but I’d like to hear some of yall’s experiences if you’ve skated em

micky682

« Reply #28126 on: August 18, 2018, 01:13:42 PM »
Anybody in here skated the DC Tiago’s? Ordered some half off the other day from their site and I’m stoked to skate em. Do they run true to size? And from everything I’ve seen, durability and impact protection is rock solid, but I’d like to hear some of yall’s experiences if you’ve skated em
True to size and rock solid like the man himself.

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #28127 on: August 20, 2018, 04:01:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Haven't skated the Tiagos but generally speaking DC makes the best quality shoes. Skated a ton of them and they're always top-notch. The original Mikey Taylor S (cupsole) is my favorite shoe of the past 10 years maybe. I'm on my last pair that I happened to find at a sale recently. I've been thinking that the Tiago shoe might be the replacement but my shop guy told me that they are not selling at all (at that shop / distributor of course), so who knows how long it's gonna be around.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #28128 on: August 20, 2018, 04:46:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yep true to size and still have a pair waiting to be skated- quality is dope. sole is really thin  towards the toes but not accel slim thin- got the good boardfeel there, i think the air bubble looks cool, impact protection was good too!

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #28129 on: August 20, 2018, 09:09:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Haven't skated the Tiagos but generally speaking DC makes the best quality shoes. Skated a ton of them and they're always top-notch. The original Mikey Taylor S (cupsole) is my favorite shoe of the past 10 years maybe. I'm on my last pair that I happened to find at a sale recently. I've been thinking that the Tiago shoe might be the replacement but my shop guy told me that they are not selling at all (at that shop / distributor of course), so who knows how long it's gonna be around.

They're showing up in those outlet/discount joints, everyone should grab a set. I would but size 12s aren't as easy to find :(

baustin

• Rep: 115
« Reply #28130 on: August 20, 2018, 11:18:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Picked up some Adidas City Cups in black/gum and they're very accommodating for my wide ass feet right out of the box. Highly recommended if you suffer from bunions like me and you want a nice looking cupsole without all the puffiness. Haven't skated them yet but my hopes are up.
[close]

Let me know how they are when you skate them. I haven't heard great things but I have some wide ass bunioned ass feet. Like flippers that split into toes at the end.

I wish I could recommend these for skating but sadly the stitching for the toe cap is very poorly placed, it's a glaring design flaw. They skate great, but a weeks worth of ollies have taken out a lot of the stitching and I can tell the toe cap will be coming off at the seams soon without some shoe goo, which is unacceptable for an $80 skate shoe. I'd recommend them highly if not for this fatal flaw...

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #28131 on: August 21, 2018, 04:58:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Picked up some Adidas City Cups in black/gum and they're very accommodating for my wide ass feet right out of the box. Highly recommended if you suffer from bunions like me and you want a nice looking cupsole without all the puffiness. Haven't skated them yet but my hopes are up.
[close]

Let me know how they are when you skate them. I haven't heard great things but I have some wide ass bunioned ass feet. Like flippers that split into toes at the end.
[close]

I wish I could recommend these for skating but sadly the stitching for the toe cap is very poorly placed, it's a glaring design flaw. They skate great, but a weeks worth of ollies have taken out a lot of the stitching and I can tell the toe cap will be coming off at the seams soon without some shoe goo, which is unacceptable for an $80 skate shoe. I'd recommend them highly if not for this fatal flaw...
just super glue the stitching, it's not rocket science...

shit_for_brains

« Reply #28132 on: August 21, 2018, 05:21:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
just super glue the stitching, it's not rocket science...

Read his perfectly valid point about how an $80 shoe shouldn't require that being done. It's not rocket science.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #28133 on: August 21, 2018, 01:30:46 PM »
Currently skating these and enjoying the shit out of them. Going to pick up the white/gum color before I set off on my Euro trip.

hmmmokay

« Reply #28134 on: August 21, 2018, 05:41:14 PM »
^^^ @ baron; what's the fit like on these? I really want to give them a shot but I fear these look a bit narrow for my wide feet.

Otis Fatona-Pinet

• Rep: -12
« Reply #28135 on: August 22, 2018, 06:04:34 AM »

Dylans.. RIP to his soul.

My favorite color way for any shoe of all time, all black premium leather, but these feel special and kind of pondering if I shouldn't skate these and save them but I bought these to be skated and I'm not a collector..
Anyone have any sizing advice on these? Wanna go a half size down but im not 100% :-\

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #28136 on: August 22, 2018, 06:28:59 AM »
Expand Quote

My favorite color way for any shoe of all time, all black premium leather, but these feel special and kind of pondering if I shouldn't skate these and save them but I bought these to be skated and I'm not a collector..
[close]
Anyone have any sizing advice on these? Wanna go a half size down but im not 100% :-\

These are TTS but I like snug shoes.. And one thing you should know if you haven't had these before is that elastic bands are quite tight in the beginning and it made me question if I should have went with half size bigger but in a week these felt amazing.. Also these shoes have like 3-4 layers in the side panel and are/were quite durable definitely will be buing a new pair when these hit the stores...

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #28137 on: August 22, 2018, 06:54:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

True to size, but a very narrow/pointy shape. I had to really stretch the leather out before they were comfortable to walk around in, but couldn't even attempt to skate in them because I hate the toe shape and they don't feel secure enough on my feet.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #28138 on: August 22, 2018, 07:00:46 AM »
True to size, but a very narrow/pointy shape. I had to really stretch the leather out before they were comfortable to walk around in, but couldn't even attempt to skate in them because I hate the toe shape and they don't feel secure enough on my feet.
Yeah, normal size has heel slip, half size down is too small. Nothing like his Gravis shoe

EPetrov

• Rep: -30
« Reply #28139 on: August 22, 2018, 02:45:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

They're showing up in those outlet/discount joints, everyone should grab a set. I would but size 12s aren't as easy to find :(

tell me about.. that bigfoot struggle.

I loved skating mikey's also. i dont think the longevity was there, but they felt good.