Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4524976 times)

Mystical Leader

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #28140 on: August 23, 2018, 10:38:36 AM »

Reebok exofit hi

The leather is so soft..

If anyone is looking for a hi top cupsole from a non skate brand I'd recommend these.

Good and secure ankle protection but great slim toe box..

Kind of feels the same as busenitz as in the
heel is taller than the toe area.

I'm not 100% but see lucien clarke in Palasonic in reference how reeboks can look
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 03:15:42 AM by Mystical Leader »

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #28141 on: August 23, 2018, 11:03:34 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmGxM8kFauV/?taken-by=emerica

Just got a pair of these Figgy Dose kicks, they feel fucking amazing. Huge improvement on the cupsole from his first shoe. Haven't skated them yet as I'm still skating...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXo1D10F5xt/?hl=en&taken-by=esskateboarding

...these. The black ones unfortunately seem to fit a lot floppier than the blue/gum ones I had, but still a great shoe for skating that is built like a tank. They last for months. After the Sal's I was going to skate a pair of...

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1340&bih=776&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=TJ1_W7-eCJL59APf_KCIDQ&q=nike+sb+ceck+solarsoft&oq=nike+sb+ceck+solarsoft&gs_l=img.3...27537.33798.0.34005.22.22.0.0.0.0.113.1070.21j1.22.0....0...1c.1.64.img..0.10.464...0j0i8i30k1j0i30k1j0i5i30k1j0i24k1.0.9ETzSqVF7So#imgrc=QOv7HLBpI9wpQM:

...these Nikes. Would have been my first ever pair of Nikes to skate in, but they're so floppy and cheap feeling that I'm going with the Figgys instead. The only thing they have going for them is the good insole, but the whole shoe is the insole... bare bones without it. I'm not buying the better quality argument/hype at all surrounding Nike etc. Every Sole Tech shoe I've had felt noticeable higher quality than these Nikes.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #28142 on: August 23, 2018, 11:08:11 PM »

Just got a pair of these Figgy Dose kicks, they feel fucking amazing. Huge improvement on the cupsole from his first shoe. Haven't skated them yet as I'm still skating...

...these. The black ones unfortunately seem to fit a lot floppier than the blue/gum ones I had, but still a great shoe for skating that is built like a tank. They last for months. After the Sal's I was going to skate a pair of...

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1340&bih=776&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=TJ1_W7-eCJL59APf_KCIDQ&q=nike+sb+ceck+solarsoft&oq=nike+sb+ceck+solarsoft&gs_l=img.3...27537.33798.0.34005.22.22.0.0.0.0.113.1070.21j1.22.0....0...1c.1.64.img..0.10.464...0j0i8i30k1j0i30k1j0i5i30k1j0i24k1.0.9ETzSqVF7So#imgrc=QOv7HLBpI9wpQM:

...these Nikes. Would have been my first ever pair of Nikes to skate in, but they're so floppy and cheap feeling that I'm going with the Figgys instead. The only thing they have going for them is the good insole, but the whole shoe is the insole... bare bones without it. I'm not buying the better quality argument/hype at all surrounding Nike etc. Every Sole Tech shoe I've had felt noticeable higher quality than these Nikes.
I've seen a lot of people skating those Nike's on SLAP.
They're not really a part of the Nike SB "core" skate line, and are kind of a 6.0 type of carryover shoe. So yeah, they probably aren't as high quality as some of the new blazers or dunks.
If they look cheap, they're probably cheap.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #28143 on: August 24, 2018, 12:44:17 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
They're not really a part of the Nike SB "core" skate line, and are kind of a 6.0 type of carryover shoe. So yeah, they probably aren't as high quality as some of the new blazers or dunks.

Yeah, it's funny that he bought the shitiest/cheapest shoe that Nike SB offers and makes the assumption that all their shoes suck.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #28144 on: August 24, 2018, 02:17:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Yeah, it's funny that he bought the shitiest/cheapest shoe that Nike SB offers and makes the assumption that all their shoes suck.

I had no idea those Checks weren't a good representation of Nike's shoes. But I will say I wouldn't try to directly compare them to either of the two other shoes I shared, since those were both substantial cupsoles. I'm comparing the Nikes to my Emerica Empire G6's that I skated for a couple months before the Sals. They're actually a very similar shoe in design and feel, so it's a reasonable comparison. The Emerica was far better, but I really shouldn't make a final call unless I skate these Nikes. Probably won't though. I've worn them about 3 times walking and they're already super floppy and don't have much support.

Anyway, that was the only pair of Nikes I've seen I would consider wearing. I tried PRod's newest one on and it was extremely uncomfortable and came right off my foot. The FC Classic has a paper thin tongue and feels like a Walmart shoe. Not feeling the Janoski's, Dunks look like Osiris's, and the rest don't look remotely like skateboard shoes at all. I am extremely biased, I will admit. The funny part is I paid for the Nikes just to try them when I normally get shoes for free. I kind of feel gross even having them in my house, so I may burn them in some sort of pathetic symbolic ritual. 

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #28145 on: August 24, 2018, 09:52:08 AM »
thanks man. that was fun indeed. that's in a Croatian village called Vodjnan. those kids are gypsies who live out on the streets all day pretty much. we went to skate there several days in a row and kept bumping into them. they had (toy) skateboards as soon as the second day which felt amazing.

all State shoes have an extra layer of discrete rubbery fabric on the inside of the shoe so as soon as you make it through the canvas, that thing is there to take all the abuse. and it lasts a while. on a pair of Hudsons (I think) I went through the canvas in two days, I thought that was the first time State was going to let me down but despite the cosmetic disgrace I kept skating that pair for three more months if not more. I usually wear States out before I really get holes in the shoe (happened once in maybe 6 or 7 models I've skated).

How are those insoles compared to vans pros?

I'm wearing some Straye slipons and I was pleased with the insoles and the money I saved not buying vans. If State has something similar I'd definitely support them.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #28146 on: August 24, 2018, 11:33:09 AM »

I had no idea those Checks weren't a good representation of Nike's shoes. But I will say I wouldn't try to directly compare them to either of the two other shoes I shared, since those were both substantial cupsoles. I'm comparing the Nikes to my Emerica Empire G6's that I skated for a couple months before the Sals. They're actually a very similar shoe in design and feel, so it's a reasonable comparison. The Emerica was far better, but I really shouldn't make a final call unless I skate these Nikes. Probably won't though. I've worn them about 3 times walking and they're already super floppy and don't have much support.

Anyway, that was the only pair of Nikes I've seen I would consider wearing. I tried PRod's newest one on and it was extremely uncomfortable and came right off my foot. The FC Classic has a paper thin tongue and feels like a Walmart shoe. Not feeling the Janoski's, Dunks look like Osiris's, and the rest don't look remotely like skateboard shoes at all. I am extremely biased, I will admit. The funny part is I paid for the Nikes just to try them when I normally get shoes for free. I kind of feel gross even having them in my house, so I may burn them in some sort of pathetic symbolic ritual.

those nikes and a bunch of others such as the satire/satire 2 def seem more like department store/sports store, lower budget ones for sure. i had the satire 2s and while they did last a long time they were stiff as a motherfucker for weeks and the insoles sucked. but yeah i second the thing about it being a 6.0 crossover, same sorta stores sell em.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #28147 on: August 24, 2018, 05:37:41 PM »

those nikes and a bunch of others such as the satire/satire 2 def seem more like department store/sports store, lower budget ones for sure. i had the satire 2s and while they did last a long time they were stiff as a motherfucker for weeks and the insoles sucked. but yeah i second the thing about it being a 6.0 crossover, same sorta stores sell em.

It's weird that i'm hearing these are some sort of budget option, as they didn't feel any different, quality wise, than the P Rods etc I tried on... actually, the Checks were far more comfortable than the P Rods. They also felt better than the FC Classic, not worse.

Not really convinced by this "Checks are lower quality than other Nikes" excuse. If I hadn't tried on premium Nikes that felt very similar, maybe I'd believe it. The one I was most interested in was the P Rod, because there's no massive swoosh and it doesn't look like a running shoe, but it was easily the most uncomfortable one - possibly one of the most uncomfortable shoes I've ever tried on in my life. So weird.

Maybe Nike is going for something I'm not getting? Can't really understand what the hype is about.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #28148 on: August 24, 2018, 05:42:01 PM »
It might just be me, but I found the Figgy Dose to be a little...slippery.

hmmmokay

« Reply #28149 on: August 24, 2018, 07:41:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's weird that i'm hearing these are some sort of budget option, as they didn't feel any different, quality wise, than the P Rods etc I tried on... actually, the Checks were far more comfortable than the P Rods. They also felt better than the FC Classic, not worse.

Not really convinced by this "Checks are lower quality than other Nikes" excuse. If I hadn't tried on premium Nikes that felt very similar, maybe I'd believe it. The one I was most interested in was the P Rod, because there's no massive swoosh and it doesn't look like a running shoe, but it was easily the most uncomfortable one - possibly one of the most uncomfortable shoes I've ever tried on in my life. So weird.

Maybe Nike is going for something I'm not getting? Can't really understand what the hype is about.

To preface; I agree with the whole ‘low quality because 6.0’ stuff, though if you’re trying to save money so be it, do what you need to do. PROD has not had a great shoe since his first one, which was basically a dunk (and to be clear, that was the only one I’ve ever skated but the rest of em never really looked that great), so to base your review of Nike off either of those shoes is a bit misguided. I’m not a Nike officionado nor a huge fan, however, I’ve noticed that my favorite shoes of theirs have been their main staples in their line for a majority of their presence in skateboarding; Blazer Hi’s and Lows are indestructible and last forever, dunks haven’t been my thing for a long time but damn did they perform well.

6.0 and these subsequent models like them are/we’re designed and marketed for outlets, sporting goods stores, and discount storefronts. Yes, some of them are available for shops to purchase on demand, at least now in 2018, and lest we forget the terrible Poler Stuff colab c.2014-15 that they tried to pass off as SB line worthy. Vans does the same thing at Kohls ((a popular northeast Ohio department store) insert any other large department store as well), the insight to which can be found in this awesome interview;

http://www.villagepsychic.net/blog/vans-neal-shoemaker .

Anyway that was pretty longwinded sorry slap pals but in conclusion my guy you picked the wrong two shoes to consider the actual quality of a much more extensive shoe line. No judgement and skate whatcha want but just wanted to chime in.

Edit: and if it’s the big swoosh that really bugs you, buy a seam ripper and cut it off, could even use a razor blade.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 07:46:32 PM by hmmmokay »

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #28150 on: August 25, 2018, 02:29:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Take a nike blazer and similar shoe from any other brand and I’ll guarantee that blazer’s outlast other shoes easily. And I’m mostly sole tech guy myself too but there just are some facts that can’t be denied.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #28151 on: August 25, 2018, 02:32:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Take a nike blazer and similar shoe from any other brand and I’ll guarantee that blazer’s outlast other shoes easily. And I’m mostly sole tech guy myself too but there just are some facts that can’t be denied.

I hear ya, and that's why I wanted to try a Nike, even though I don't like brands like that being involved in skateboarding. I don't want to be doubting the quality argument without trying a pair for myself. So, I bought the pair that worked the best for me, but apparently they're cheapo's. I personally think the Blazer is an ugly shoe - I can't stand shoes with 8+ lace holes that are close together across the top of your foot, and I only wear low cuts, so the hi is definitely out of the question. I saw the lows and they just looked like walmart shoes to me. Sorry. I'm not denying your quality assessment at all, just saying it's not a shoe I even considered because I think it's ugly.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #28152 on: August 25, 2018, 07:02:49 PM »
If we're talking about durable Nikes the fc classics have been absolute tanks for me the past couple months. God knows when I'll even be near having to retire them.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

nickelflip

• Rep: 2
« Reply #28153 on: August 25, 2018, 11:09:19 PM »

I think they are more slippery than they were marketed to be, but it's a good amount of grip for me. I've had cupsoles that were more slippery (eS swift, original figgy) and cupsoles that were grippier (Romero, Janoski hyperfeel). I'm on my second pair and love them anyway. Every shoe I've ever skated has pros and cons. I love the Dose for the impact protection, fit, style, and durability. Grip is good enough. Boardfeel is less than most shoes, but I got used to it and my feet are happier for it. I wouldn't recommend them if you only skate ledges or flatground, though.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #28154 on: August 26, 2018, 12:42:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think they are more slippery than they were marketed to be, but it's a good amount of grip for me. I've had cupsoles that were more slippery (eS swift, original figgy) and cupsoles that were grippier (Romero, Janoski hyperfeel). I'm on my second pair and love them anyway. Every shoe I've ever skated has pros and cons. I love the Dose for the impact protection, fit, style, and durability. Grip is good enough. Boardfeel is less than most shoes, but I got used to it and my feet are happier for it. I wouldn't recommend them if you only skate ledges or flatground, though.

That's interesting because the og Figgy and the Romero Laced have the same sole. I had  a few pairs of the Swift too, but found that the spray on toe cap was pointless. It wears through in one flick. Otherwise a good shoe. Great sole.

For the poster who said the Nike FC Classics were tanks, that's a bit surprising considering how thin and cheap they felt, but you skated them and I only tried them on in a store. The Sal 97 is also based on the soccer toe, but much more solid than the FC Classic. Bulkier though, the FC is a flimsy light shoe in comparison.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #28155 on: August 26, 2018, 07:18:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

might have just been me but the ones i skated:

felt very stiff for weeks, suede was fairly rough too. dunno what the quality on prods are like i havent had a pair since prod fucking 2s but if you compared em to say maybe a dunk or blazer it'll be miles ahead in terms of quality/fit/comofrt imo.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #28156 on: August 27, 2018, 12:33:14 AM »
The Sal 97's are working so well for me I'm still running them, just wish they had room for a better insole.

I tossed an extra set of tongues in the Nike Checks using sticky back velcro (didn't have to put any on the inside of the shoe as the velcro sticks to the material naturally), and laced them to the top hole, and they fit a bit better now. Not as loose in the ankle. I don't usually lace to the top hole though, luckily the tongue is long enough. Gonna try them out soon.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #28157 on: August 27, 2018, 08:26:10 AM »

i can confirm this. it's very unfortunate, but there is just no good blazer high knock off around worth trying imo. it's the perfect shoe for me except the fact that it's still nike. but seeing that i can't buy core shoes anywhere anyhow, since no skateshop around here sells anything other than nike/adidas/cons/vans, i stopped giving a crap.

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #28158 on: August 27, 2018, 01:19:21 PM »
I should’ve been skating these Tiagos. Such a great shoe. Nicely padded all around with good cushioning/stepping comfort while having a thin forefoot area and long, pointy toe box. They’ve got hidden lace loops for a couple holes in the areas where they can start to rip as well. Super stoked on these

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #28159 on: August 27, 2018, 02:14:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That's interesting because the og Figgy and the Romero Laced have the same sole. I had  a few pairs of the Swift too, but found that the spray on toe cap was pointless. It wears through in one flick. Otherwise a good shoe. Great sole.

For the poster who said the Nike FC Classics were tanks, that's a bit surprising considering how thin and cheap they felt, but you skated them and I only tried them on in a store. The Sal 97 is also based on the soccer toe, but much more solid than the FC Classic. Bulkier though, the FC is a flimsy light shoe in comparison.
I've been meaning to get my hands on some SLB 97s. The FCs are the best shoes I've ever skated and I'd be stoked if es could one up that

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #28160 on: August 30, 2018, 09:27:09 PM »
i took these shoes i found by a dumpster that were initially off white canvas and repainted them. i'm still debating on skating them but i think they turned out sick.

even the steven

nooky

• Rep: 9
« Reply #28161 on: August 31, 2018, 09:06:59 AM »
i took these shoes i found by a dumpster that were initially off white canvas and repainted them. i'm still debating on skating them but i think they turned out sick.

nice job. i hated the one pair of janoskis i had but those look pretty cool.
I started getting a lot better when I went back to college and started taking a lot of math classes when I was 31.

I figured out how to figure things out better, if that makes sense.

El Chupacabra

• Rep: 147
    • Brujaria Skateboards avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #28162 on: August 31, 2018, 02:59:23 PM »
Pretty fresh.

rapscallion

• Rep: -3
« Reply #28163 on: August 31, 2018, 07:05:21 PM »

[img]https://preview.ibb.co/jOLAq9/20180830_181502.jpg[img]
they look great, especially the cyan looks like they came that way

i wonder how the hell brand new nikes in box with the tissue paper still in them got left by a dumpster
major score

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #28164 on: August 31, 2018, 08:17:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[img]https://preview.ibb.co/jOLAq9/20180830_181502.jpg[img]
[close]
they look great, especially the cyan looks like they came that way

i wonder how the hell brand new nikes in box with the tissue paper still in them got left by a dumpster
major score
yeah that’s weird they really had the box n stuffing n shit
I’ve done custom shoes before .. people never know and have been complimented
But I never say shit coz I embarrassed by it for some reason they dont feel real sneakers to me
I’m weird about it I guess

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #28165 on: August 31, 2018, 08:43:09 PM »
Got these from Etnies today. The Locut

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Pigeon

« Reply #28166 on: August 31, 2018, 09:26:54 PM »
^
Those would be much nicer if they removed the logo and put a small E on the side of the heel.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #28167 on: September 01, 2018, 12:01:09 AM »

Just saw that they reissued a more og version - is it thicker like the Accel og's? I skated the other most recent version of the Locut in white/black/gum and they were amazing. A bit soft and floppy, but skated great.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 03:00:31 AM by Bubblegum Tate »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #28168 on: September 01, 2018, 03:00:01 AM »
Having only trying them on they feel pretty thin. The photos makes them look thick but they’re not too bad. OG accels are probably thicker than the locut model.

They also have a t-toe cap.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #28169 on: September 01, 2018, 09:07:44 AM »

When the OG of those came out did anyone else think they were kind of taking a jab at adidas?  That was back when everyone was riding adidas and puma.  The placement of the logo and all.