Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4524957 times)

jgonzalez and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Budgie Lasek

Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #28170 on: September 01, 2018, 12:30:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Got these from Etnies today. The Locut

[close]

When the OG of those came out did anyone else think they were kind of taking a jab at adidas?  That was back when everyone was riding adidas and puma.  The placement of the logo and all.

I remember wondering the same thing for sure, at the time.

And Tate - thanks for the feedback. Noticed the soccer toe was actually a full piece again instead of just stitching like the version I had, and there's a whole extra panel behind it as well. Wish I had known about these when I was at the warehouse. Gonna keep my eye out next time.

pinkbananastatus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #28171 on: September 01, 2018, 04:14:33 PM »
Just started skating in these. Thought I wouldn't dig the colorway but it actually works well. State Madisons. Last pair of these I had lasted 4 months, but I tend to never retire a pair of shoes till they're completely out. I should stop doing that, actually, it's probably destroying my feet as I'm getting older. Anyway it feels great to have good ankle support and padding again.

I know this was a while ago, but any chance you remember where you got those madisons? I skated a pair of salems last year and was psyched on them, but I haven't skated any states since. The madison looks like the sickest shoe on their line currently and I really wanted to cop a pair but I can only find it on their website and they're sold out of my size. Ended up going with a pair of hudsons, but I'd still love to try out the madison if its still available anywhere.

That sponsor me was sick btw. Fast, creative shit that I was not expecting. Would gnar if I could.
I don't really understand what's going on and I haven't read this thread yet, but I can tell I'm angry.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #28172 on: September 01, 2018, 04:43:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Just started skating in these. Thought I wouldn't dig the colorway but it actually works well. State Madisons. Last pair of these I had lasted 4 months, but I tend to never retire a pair of shoes till they're completely out. I should stop doing that, actually, it's probably destroying my feet as I'm getting older. Anyway it feels great to have good ankle support and padding again.
[close]

I know this was a while ago, but any chance you remember where you got those madisons? I skated a pair of salems last year and was psyched on them, but I haven't skated any states since. The madison looks like the sickest shoe on their line currently and I really wanted to cop a pair but I can only find it on their website and they're sold out of my size. Ended up going with a pair of hudsons, but I'd still love to try out the madison if its still available anywhere.

That sponsor me was sick btw. Fast, creative shit that I was not expecting. Would gnar if I could.

I'm still skating in them, I got it straight from their former distro for Europe back in January or February, so it's an old pair I've just recently started skating. A while back I think I heard they were about to discontinue that model, but frankly it's pretty amazing so I hope they don't. The Hudsons feel pretty similar, but to me the Madisons seem stronger, as in offer better protection and hold up better, probably because of the construction. They're still good shoes but I'd say the Elgins are the closest model to Madisons in terms of look and feel - I know it's one of my favorites. Never tried the Bishops though.

Thanks for the kind words, stoked you got stoked!

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #28173 on: September 01, 2018, 10:03:34 PM »

ive been waiting for these to come for weeks. i finally got them and am pretty stoked on them so far. ive only had a few sessions in them but coming off the keys i had high expectations and they havent let me down yet. taking a little longer to break in.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #28174 on: September 03, 2018, 01:40:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Got these from Etnies today. The Locut

[close]

When the OG of those came out did anyone else think they were kind of taking a jab at adidas?  That was back when everyone was riding adidas and puma.  The placement of the logo and all.
[close]

I remember wondering the same thing for sure, at the time.

And Tate - thanks for the feedback. Noticed the soccer toe was actually a full piece again instead of just stitching like the version I had, and there's a whole extra panel behind it as well. Wish I had known about these when I was at the warehouse. Gonna keep my eye out next time.

it definitely was.  on the earlier version the 3 lines on the "E" were straight and long just like the adidas stripes, just with a horizontal line making it an "E".

Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

jc

• Rep: -73
« Reply #28175 on: September 05, 2018, 06:58:08 AM »
Expand Quote
i took these shoes i found by a dumpster that were initially off white canvas and repainted them. i'm still debating on skating them but i think they turned out sick.

[img]https://preview.ibb.co/jOLAq9/20180830_181502.jpg[img]
[close]
they look great, especially the cyan looks like they came that way

i wonder how the hell brand new nikes in box with the tissue paper still in them got left by a dumpster
major score

When I was a freshman in high school I found a backpack full of weed under a freeway overpass. If I was smart I would've sold it all for a good amount of cash but instead, I traded it for a sweet ass portable DVD player. Keep in mind this was DVD players were expensive as fuck. I also remembered the backpack being full of multiple IDs from different states, some foodstamps, and a few bucks.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #28176 on: September 05, 2018, 08:51:30 AM »
Reynolds G6
After a solid 4 year run, my stockpile of Reynolds Low ran out. So it's on to these.
Been skating this pair about 2 months now. Probably 20 sessions. They are holding up nicely.
They are very comparable to the lows, so it didn't take much getting used to.
Maybe a little tighter in the beginning. But I would not want to size up. I walked around in them at work for a week. But once I skated them, they broke in fast.
Just like the lows, that top metal eyelet results in instant broken laces. But I'm probably most to blame for that. I always shred the side/collar of my shoes. I think it's from all the wallride/wallie type tricks that I do so much.
I love having a toe piece again. I was the longest hold out years ago when everything starting going 1 piece toe. I thought about putting some glue on the stiches, but didn't. And they don't need it. I've already worn through the stitching and no flapping. It's all sealed in there. $80 skate shoes shouldn't need help, right? I'm sure I'll wear down the sole before ollie holes become an issue.
Already got another 4 pairs of these, assorted colors, waiting in the wings.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28177 on: September 05, 2018, 02:10:14 PM »

ive been waiting for these to come for weeks. i finally got them and am pretty stoked on them so far. ive only had a few sessions in them but coming off the keys i had high expectations and they havent let me down yet. taking a little longer to break in.

I hope you like them. Mine broke in with no effort straight out of the box, then again I've never skated in slip-ons so I don't know how stiff regular shoes are compared to those more feeble-looking kicks. I've been tempted to give the Keys a try but I honestly feel like were I to ever slip my feet into any slip-on shoes then try anything on a skateboard I'd end up rolling both my ankles within 10 tricks. I'm a weirdo who likes my shoelaces super tight.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28178 on: September 05, 2018, 06:44:14 PM »
break in wasnt an issue at all. i like them a lot. i want to buy the tan pair now.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28179 on: September 06, 2018, 06:04:21 PM »
the only thing i dont like about these albanys is how long the shoe laces are. fucking annoying

Pigeon

« Reply #28180 on: September 06, 2018, 06:07:30 PM »
the only thing i dont like about these albanys is how long the shoe laces are. fucking annoying
Cut them or use different ones.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #28181 on: September 06, 2018, 09:28:05 PM »

cut them and use the lighter trick then, used to do that on the high top cons every pair

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #28182 on: September 07, 2018, 06:29:35 AM »
Reynolds G6
After a solid 4 year run, my stockpile of Reynolds Low ran out. So it's on to these.
Been skating this pair about 2 months now. Probably 20 sessions. They are holding up nicely.
They are very comparable to the lows, so it didn't take much getting used to.
Maybe a little tighter in the beginning. But I would not want to size up. I walked around in them at work for a week. But once I skated them, they broke in fast.
Just like the lows, that top metal eyelet results in instant broken laces. But I'm probably most to blame for that. I always shred the side/collar of my shoes. I think it's from all the wallride/wallie type tricks that I do so much.
I love having a toe piece again. I was the longest hold out years ago when everything starting going 1 piece toe. I thought about putting some glue on the stiches, but didn't. And they don't need it. I've already worn through the stitching and no flapping. It's all sealed in there. $80 skate shoes shouldn't need help, right? I'm sure I'll wear down the sole before ollie holes become an issue.
Already got another 4 pairs of these, assorted colors, waiting in the wings.

Do they feel considerably less stiff than the Lows? That was my impression the one time I tried them on.

I know a lot of people did not like that with the Reynolds Low but I really liked having a solid feeling under the back half of my foot.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #28183 on: September 07, 2018, 08:02:03 AM »
^ Willie, they're not quite the tank that the Low was. But very similar. And still sturdy enough.

rip louis b.k.

• Rep: 15
  • im fadies
« Reply #28184 on: September 07, 2018, 11:53:52 AM »

been skating these a couple weeks, highly recommend

shit_for_brains

« Reply #28185 on: September 07, 2018, 11:56:02 AM »
Is that a vacation photo of my dad?

rip louis b.k.

• im fadies
« Reply #28186 on: September 07, 2018, 11:58:19 AM »

actually saw a dad wearing the same shoes, too accurate

shit_for_brains

« Reply #28187 on: September 07, 2018, 12:00:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The socks and shorts are VERY "frustrating day at EPCOT with the family"

None of this is bad.

rip louis b.k.

• im fadies
« Reply #28188 on: September 07, 2018, 12:05:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

None of this is bad.

https://vimeo.com/288786112

full dad fit

proud to say i at least had to look up with EPCOT was, im not too far gone yet, just ignorant

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28189 on: September 07, 2018, 04:36:04 PM »

Haha yeah true, I remember joking about that when I first got them but I thought it may be just the samples. I didn't think they were a problem till my friends started giving me shit because it looked ridiculous and one of them actually tried the lighter trick on one of my laces after cutting it shorter and the lace just caught on fire because the threads are exposed and not coated. Eventually I just cut them which took about thirty seconds.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #28190 on: September 08, 2018, 01:05:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

None of this is bad.
[close]

full dad fit

proud to say i at least had to look up with EPCOT was, im not too far gone yet, just ignorant
Aon's so fun to skate

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

t0mmywr1ght3rd

• Rep: 2
« Reply #28191 on: September 08, 2018, 01:24:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

None of this is bad.
[close]

full dad fit

i back this 100%

Fifty8mm

• Rep: 124
« Reply #28192 on: September 08, 2018, 03:55:26 PM »
I don't know if the Vans Chukka boot is popular here, but has anybody noticed the difference between the eyelets in certain Chukka's. One has four and one has five. Any difference besides the # of eyelets between the shoes?

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #28193 on: September 09, 2018, 05:49:35 PM »
I was almost mad at myself for sleeping on these Tiago’s for so long but I’m glad I waited because I Got all three pairs for just under $100 from the DC site. Such a great feeling shoe that has that perfect balance of pointy-toed boardfeel and plush all-around cushioning.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #28194 on: September 10, 2018, 10:41:46 AM »
Just started to break these in. Always end up back in vans

« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 10:43:44 AM by os89 »

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #28195 on: September 10, 2018, 06:32:45 PM »
I was almost mad at myself for sleeping on these Tiago’s for so long but I’m glad I waited because I Got all three pairs for just under $100 from the DC site. Such a great feeling shoe that has that perfect balance of pointy-toed boardfeel and plush all-around cushioning.

Damn. I love Tiago and have heard lots of good things about his shoe, but I just can't get down with that design. Hoping his next shoe looks a bit better.

FS-OverKOOK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #28196 on: September 11, 2018, 10:37:30 AM »

Black on black full cabs

shit_for_brains

« Reply #28197 on: September 11, 2018, 10:44:56 AM »
Nice jeans guy who sold fake weed in 1997

rip louis b.k.