Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4525270 times)

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #28200 on: September 12, 2018, 02:19:28 PM »
Nice jeans guy who sold fake weed in 1997
501s and only the real

Fifty8mm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #28201 on: September 12, 2018, 03:23:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is that a vacation photo of my dad?
[close]

actually saw a dad wearing the same shoes, too accurate
[close]

The socks and shorts are VERY "frustrating day at EPCOT with the family"

None of this is bad.
[close]

https://vimeo.com/288786112

full dad fit

proud to say i at least had to look up with EPCOT was, im not too far gone yet, just ignorant

My pops wore the exact same outfit but with white reeboks. Nice clip and kit! Genuinely stoked.

EPetrov

• Rep: -30
« Reply #28202 on: September 12, 2018, 10:04:18 PM »
i got some NB 345's from the active sale. i love the look but but theyre so tight and stiff, and killing my achilles tendon. - im sure you guys already knew this..

Nate.Dog

• Rep: -9
« Reply #28203 on: September 13, 2018, 10:26:08 AM »
i got some NB 345's from the active sale. i love the look but but theyre so tight and stiff, and killing my achilles tendon. - im sure you guys already knew this..

take out that terrible thick rubber ass insole, replace it with a foam one or a thin doctor scholes and it'll really help, the achilles tendon thing just bend the heel collar of the shoe around a bit and break it in.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #28204 on: September 13, 2018, 01:43:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is that a vacation photo of my dad?
[close]

actually saw a dad wearing the same shoes, too accurate
[close]

The socks and shorts are VERY "frustrating day at EPCOT with the family"

None of this is bad.

"Germany" in Epcot has a beer garden. My dad spent most of the day there. Now that I'm a father I understand.

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #28205 on: September 14, 2018, 01:28:36 AM »

Etnies Marana xt

This is an old photo (just learned how to resize imgur images again) these shoes lasted about 3 months. Usually I get about a month out of a pair. Fucking indestructible like everyone has said on here before.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #28206 on: September 14, 2018, 03:44:20 PM »

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #28207 on: September 18, 2018, 09:13:30 PM »
Pf Flyers after one sesh, stock insole sucks for skating but I threw state insoles in there and they're great. Toebox is nice and spacious, they've definitely got the support I've felt in Nike FCs and Lakai Bristols. They're not quite fully broken in yet but so far I'm loving em.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #28208 on: September 19, 2018, 06:23:38 AM »
adi ease majerus about a month in, gonna replace them soon as they fit fairly slim/tight to the point i had to replace the insoles with some from a pair of airmax. got them on sale so it wasn't too bad just a bit upset with how they fit. would probably get another month or so out of them if i kept skating them.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #28211 on: September 20, 2018, 12:02:01 PM »
Is Etnies sizing the same as Emerica? éS apparently isn't, so I'm wondering how it is with Etnies.

I'm thinking of getting some Jameson HTWs for the winter but I can't find them locally, so I'd have to order online. If anyone has experience with those, I'd be interested in hearing how they're like.

nickelflip

• Rep: 2
« Reply #28212 on: September 20, 2018, 05:28:08 PM »
Is Etnies sizing the same as Emerica? éS apparently isn't, so I'm wondering how it is with Etnies.

I'm thinking of getting some Jameson HTWs for the winter but I can't find them locally, so I'd have to order online. If anyone has experience with those, I'd be interested in hearing how they're like.

I have skated countless Emericas and been a perfect 9 in every one (where some shoes from other companies have been too small in that size). I am also a 9 in every eS or Etnies shoe I've skated. Only had the Maranas and Joslin pros from Etnies, but I would feel comfortable ordering the Jamesons in your normal Emerica size.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 378
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #28213 on: September 20, 2018, 10:11:33 PM »
Anyone skated the Lakai Sheffield XLK or Proper Rook?  Sizing, feel, etc?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 05:58:21 AM by oyolar »

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #28214 on: September 20, 2018, 11:59:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I have skated countless Emericas and been a perfect 9 in every one (where some shoes from other companies have been too small in that size). I am also a 9 in every eS or Etnies shoe I've skated. Only had the Maranas and Joslin pros from Etnies, but I would feel comfortable ordering the Jamesons in your normal Emerica size.

Thanks. I’ll probably order them later on today.  :)

nickelflip

« Reply #28215 on: September 21, 2018, 06:58:15 AM »
Anyone skated the Lakai Sheffield XLK or Proper Rook?  Sizing, feel, etc?

I have the Sheffield XLK. True to size--same as Soletech/Griffins/Vans for me. The toe is more rounded and not as cramped as the Riley 2's, which were too small in my normal size. The cupsole is thin and felt more flexible out of the box than any other cup (or even most vulcs) I've ever skated, even other thin ones like the Romero. The insole is great. Shoe as a whole is incredibly light, snug fit, tons of boardfeel, grippy sole. I would recommend it if you want a cupsole that is more like a vulc in performance, but the impact protection is a bit minimal. Kinda like the Romeros, maybe a little better, certainly not as good as Reynolds G6 or Marana or even either of the Figgy shoes.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 378
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #28216 on: September 21, 2018, 09:27:34 AM »
Awesome, thanks!  That sounds pretty good to me. I don't need a lot of protection because I'm not really jumping down stairs but pure vulcs kill my feet. Those sound pretty perfect so might stick with those, as much as I want to support Proper too.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #28217 on: September 22, 2018, 05:34:48 AM »
anybody skated those adidas 3ST slipper midtop things? how is the fit?

AND how much support does the sole give? is it a standard vulc sole or some more to it?

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #28218 on: September 22, 2018, 07:28:14 AM »

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #28219 on: September 25, 2018, 07:05:58 AM »
vault vans style 238's. swapped out the insole with lunarlon's and they're great. outsole quality is better than classic vans, grip is lasting and isn't bagging out on me. got green ones on deck too.

good come sausage

Pigeon

« Reply #28220 on: September 25, 2018, 07:11:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The synthetic leather Indicator Low was too big and the Wino Cruiser was too small.

pauline_handsome

« Reply #28221 on: September 27, 2018, 08:14:03 PM »

Are these the skate version or the classic?

Never seen purple CTAS pro's or whatever they're called.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #28222 on: September 27, 2018, 10:27:28 PM »
they're the skate versions.  they came out after the video did

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #28223 on: September 28, 2018, 05:50:53 AM »
Yep, pretty bummed they took the lunarlon out and put in the zoom air insole, but other than that no complaints

jc

• Rep: -73
« Reply #28224 on: September 28, 2018, 07:13:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yep, pretty bummed they took the lunarlon out and put in the zoom air insole, but other than that no complaints

Is the sizing that much different with the new insoles? I've been wanting to order some online but I'm unsure on the sizes.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #28225 on: September 28, 2018, 09:01:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Is the sizing that much different with the new insoles? I've been wanting to order some online but I'm unsure on the sizes.

you're safe buying the same size as you normally would, however the fit in a little more streamlined.  not so chode on the sides when you wear them. 

but minus any of the previous comfort.  also no inner booty type construction, just some tongue straps. Converse shit sucks now lol

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #28226 on: October 01, 2018, 05:24:00 PM »
Anyone know how the All Court SB's skate? I like a sturdier shoe that's a bit supportive/cut higher, not floppy and low.

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #28227 on: October 01, 2018, 05:26:55 PM »
They are floppy and low.

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #28228 on: October 01, 2018, 06:46:24 PM »

Got these at green apple on sale today, wanted them for a while, all I've been skating is emerica, state and lakai recently and Im super happy with each, I'm going to save them for next summer, I still have a couple shoes I'm not done with yet and I want to skate in the winter and spring
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 08:37:02 AM by expired »

ungzilla

« Reply #28229 on: October 01, 2018, 07:28:51 PM »
the staples were/are awesome, though i did stick vans insoles in em every time i had them