Author Topic: Street Fighter Thread  (Read 2511 times)

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Street Fighter Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2023, 09:12:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Made it to Silver the other day. Now I'm in the low 5000s. Ryu's my main. Tonight I beat someone who was playing with Blanka and had a rank in the 6000s. I'm starting to get dangerously addicted to this game.
[close]

I’ve thought about going back to Ryu who was my longtime main.

Now that he has the Shin Shoryuken back, it’s tempting. I used to do so much damage with that super in SF3 and SF4.

Only things stopping me are he seems slower in this game, Manon is so much fun to use, and her medal system scares even higher level players. You could lose the first round with her and still go into the 2nd Ed with 3-5 medals.

Maybe he is kinda slow? Or I'm just slow. I got my ass whooped repeatedly tonight, which was pretty humbling after bragging on here yesterday.

Characters like Manon, Juri and Kimberly are tough for me because once they corner you, they can keep grabbing and throwing and kicking you around.

rawbertson.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2023, 08:42:14 AM »
Ryu is not amazing in this game but i think he is solid enough. he is kind of slow but you have fireballs and shoryuken to keep people out. Cr MK is your best range normal and you want to try to cancel into drive rush any time you hit that, even on block, because it will put you close to them for a very strong mixup. if it hits, you can confirm into HP xx Donkey Kick > Super. you can also just raw drive rush into cr MK to spend less bars and still get a very + mixup on them (also hits low from very far away). once they get used to it, change to overhead.

can be a lot to balance storing the denjin + having solid neutral, when to spend it as well so you dont waste it. it is a very powerful move but very hard to use. i see a lot of players neglecting it entirely. can lead to massive damage in corner though if you happen to get one (can be a hard scenario to achieve though)

Not sure if this is common knowledge but if can figure out when people are going for throws on your wakeups, the best option is to back dash + punish their whiff. back dashes are throw invincible so its the best way to escape a regular throw.
ONTARIO CANADA

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2023, 04:38:10 PM »
Ryu is not amazing in this game but i think he is solid enough. he is kind of slow but you have fireballs and shoryuken to keep people out. Cr MK is your best range normal and you want to try to cancel into drive rush any time you hit that, even on block, because it will put you close to them for a very strong mixup. if it hits, you can confirm into HP xx Donkey Kick > Super. you can also just raw drive rush into cr MK to spend less bars and still get a very + mixup on them (also hits low from very far away). once they get used to it, change to overhead.

can be a lot to balance storing the denjin + having solid neutral, when to spend it as well so you dont waste it. it is a very powerful move but very hard to use. i see a lot of players neglecting it entirely. can lead to massive damage in corner though if you happen to get one (can be a hard scenario to achieve though)

Not sure if this is common knowledge but if can figure out when people are going for throws on your wakeups, the best option is to back dash + punish their whiff. back dashes are throw invincible so its the best way to escape a regular throw.

Thanks for the tips. Is cr crouching?

What's a good controller for this game? I've been using a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Not sure if I wanna go the hitbox route so I'm considering other handheld types.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2023, 07:25:13 AM »
yep sorry cr is crouching

as far as controllers, yeah i would say anything with triggers instead of normal buttons isnt ideal... but a lot of people do play on the stock PS4/PS5 controllers etc. and win the biggest tournaments possible like EVO so it doesnt matter that much. there is even a guy who plays on a steering wheel. Not sure if oyu have heard of Brolylegs but he is disabled and has limited use of his hands so he uses his mouth to play and 1 hand!

I personally use a Fight Stick from Mad Catz (TES+ for PS4) I have a few of them , I kinda like to collect them like skateboards a bit
HORI and QANBA also make really good ones

A lot of people (pros especially) started to use "Hitbox" which instead of a Lever for movement, you just have buttons for Up, Down, Left, Right. Seems like it could be a bit more ergonomic and precise once you get used to it. I also think it would be way easier to travel with one of those because you dont have to wory about the lever getting bent.
ONTARIO CANADA

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2023, 08:33:35 PM »
I guess the controller is not as important as just playing and getting good. Reminds me of obsessing over skate gear. I'm going to stick with my current controller because I'm already pretty used to it.

Do you play Ranked Matches? What's your rank and LP?

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2023, 08:16:02 AM »
I dont play much ranked, I decided i wanted to hit master though and i did it and then quit back in July. it took me about 3 weeks or so. So I am sitting just over 25,000 LP (was 289 matches i believe)

keep in mind, i played A LOT of street fighter ranked in USF4 and SFV... probably 5000 hrs or so... maybe more
ONTARIO CANADA

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2023, 11:43:53 PM »
I dont play much ranked, I decided i wanted to hit master though and i did it and then quit back in July. it took me about 3 weeks or so. So I am sitting just over 25,000 LP (was 289 matches i believe)

keep in mind, i played A LOT of street fighter ranked in USF4 and SFV... probably 5000 hrs or so... maybe more

Wow. 25,000 LP?! I guess 5000 hours is about how much it takes to reach that level. If you don't play Ranked, what do you usually do? Casual? Story mode?

I hit the 8000s today. Been playing a little every day. Combos are still really hard for me. I'm so used to SFII where it's basically back and forth. But I'm getting the hang of some basic ones. Drive Rush is also something I need to get better at to reach that next level.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2023, 07:51:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Wow. 25,000 LP?! I guess 5000 hours is about how much it takes to reach that level. If you don't play Ranked, what do you usually do? Casual? Story mode?

I hit the 8000s today. Been playing a little every day. Combos are still really hard for me. I'm so used to SFII where it's basically back and forth. But I'm getting the hang of some basic ones. Drive Rush is also something I need to get better at to reach that next level.

That’s why I roll with Manon. When she’s medaled up, her command grabs do more damage than everyone else’s combos.

I can’t wait to try AKI.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2023, 07:52:58 AM »
Well I qualified in Diamond so that helps too :)  Also getting to start with Honda right out the gate was super helpful
I mostly just do Battle Hub! I think casual match is probably just as good but I seem to get more "1 and dones" in that mode... and also in battle hub it is easy to chat with the person after the match if you want some feedback etc. and good way to make more friends to play against later in sets. i find that is the best way to improve , learning the game 1 matchup at a time, instead of trying to jump between all these diffferent matchups in ranked.
ONTARIO CANADA

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2023, 10:06:59 PM »
I checked out Battle Hub and tried a match. The format is a little unusual but I think I could get used to it. I've also been playing a lot of World Tour so I could get Ryu's other costume which I really wanted, and finally got. I like his classic look the best. Giving them gifts is the easiest way to get their second outfits. Also pretty stoked that I reached Gold tonight. Won a bunch of matches in a row to get there, lost a few after reaching Gold, then won a couple more before ending for the night.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2023, 10:42:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That’s why I roll with Manon. When she’s medaled up, her command grabs do more damage than everyone else’s combos.

I can’t wait to try AKI.

Manon always gives me a hard time. Same with Juri though I beat someone playing her tonight after reaching Gold.

Have you tried AKI yet? I've played against a lot of AKIs the last week since she came out. Wicked character. Love her evil vibe and look.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2023, 08:20:44 AM »
AKI is soooo mcuh better than FANG was holy crow
my friend was using MODERN Aki against me and was doing work ! having 1 button super is freaking godlike
I think its too mcuh work for me to learn Modern now lol I am working on my Luke though! He is so fun and such a great character. debating whether to hop into RAnked with him yet or not.

World Tour mode is amazing , i hope they come out with more content for it. I kinda want to go back and get all the 2nd costumes for everyone (i was just lazy and did Hondas) a "New Game +" would have been amazing cause it was kinda easy! would like a harder version of it!
ONTARIO CANADA

Heshrat

• Rep: -2
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2023, 08:59:45 PM »
My name is Kenny irl, I got long blonde hair so I kinda gotta main Ken! But for street fighter 6, I really been fucking with DeeJay.
I did your mom

Heshrat

• Rep: -2
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2023, 09:03:57 PM »
Expand Quote
i am down to play fam, do you have discord ?
[close]

I don’t. I need to get one though. I’ll let you know when I have it set up.

I also play Tekken, Guilty Gear, Granblue Fantasy, DNF Duel, Under Night in Birth, and King of Fighters.

King of fighters is 🔥🔥🔥 I recently scored 98 for my psOne collection. And guilty gear is killer too. Pretty much any kinda “anime” style 2D sprite fighter is fire in my book
I did your mom

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2023, 06:56:07 AM »
Huge fan of SF2 Champions Edition but haven't played newer ones. There's a few arcades that have old SF2 cabinets in my area so I still play now and then, try to beat the game on 1 credit.
If it's normal SF2 I play as Ken
If it's Champions Edition I play as Sagat

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2023, 05:48:37 PM »
I've been stuck at high Gold/low Platinum level in ranked matches for a while now, counting the month I took off to get used to a leverless controller, which I like better than pad.

It's kind of frustrating to plateau, but I've decided I'm going to keep at it and try to keep it fun and not get too hung up on my rank. Been playing more in Battle Hub too and getting my ass handed to me by Diamond and Master level players. I like to do E Honda's flying head butt off the second floor of the Battle Hub lobby with my avatar.

breezy_again

• Rep: 40
  • Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2023, 05:46:52 AM »
my homie juan carlos throws darts like ken and ryu throw fireballs

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2024, 03:57:09 PM »
I've been stuck at high Gold/low Platinum level in ranked matches for a while now, counting the month I took off to get used to a leverless controller, which I like better than pad.

It's kind of frustrating to plateau, but I've decided I'm going to keep at it and try to keep it fun and not get too hung up on my rank. Been playing more in Battle Hub too and getting my ass handed to me by Diamond and Master level players. I like to do E Honda's flying head butt off the second floor of the Battle Hub lobby with my avatar.

yeah doing long sets imo is the best way to learn the game and focus on one matchup at a time. then once you feel confident go into rank and do like 1-2hr tops at a time as you will probably start to lose focus afterr that
ONTARIO CANADA

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2024, 08:49:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

yeah doing long sets imo is the best way to learn the game and focus on one matchup at a time. then once you feel confident go into rank and do like 1-2hr tops at a time as you will probably start to lose focus afterr that

That's a good tip. It usually takes me a while to warm up and after an hour or two I get tired. Since that last post I've been hovering around Platinum 4 and 5 stars for a while now. Occasionally beating Diamond players in Ranked and even some low Master level players in Battle Hub.

Has anyone been playing since the latest update? Ryu got a few buffs which I'm stoked on and Ed debuted, so lots of Eds showing up in matches lately.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2024, 12:18:36 PM »
Anyone here spend lots of time labbing combos and whatnot?
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2024, 12:48:57 PM »
Anyone here spend lots of time labbing combos and whatnot?

I practice combos a bit before I jump into my first matches. Ryu has some pretty sick ones actually.