Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 556183 times)

Doctor Handsome

Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #1170 on: March 01, 2009, 10:05:59 PM »
Resistance 1, I just got done beating Resistance 2. I got a ps3 at circuit city for a 100 off and the game was like half off. Resistance 2 was sick, so I decided to get the first one. Resistance 1 is really long and I can only play for two hours at the most before my eyes get too strained. I've probably played about 10 hours so far. I seriously cannot wait to beat this freaking game and just get it over with.

How much was the Playstation? I heard Circuit City raised their prices, then dropped them and called it a sale. So was it $300 like it should have been?

Snakestyle

« Reply #1171 on: March 01, 2009, 10:37:33 PM »
Killzone 2 makes my eyes melt.  I didn't think a game could be more visually pleasing then Gears of War 1, but KZ is ridiculously good-looking and fun as fuck to play.

istayhigh

« Reply #1172 on: March 02, 2009, 12:31:55 AM »
hell yea just beat the campaign on killzone

shit was intense

WWD4D?

« Reply #1173 on: March 04, 2009, 04:45:51 PM »
Mortal Kombat 3
I always get my ass kicked on that game though, it sucks.

Stoeipoes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1174 on: March 05, 2009, 11:40:58 AM »
Mario kart DS on my sister's pink DS.
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #1175 on: March 05, 2009, 11:45:24 AM »
the street fighter anthology on PS2 but mostly playing alpha 3.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #1176 on: March 05, 2009, 11:48:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Try playing at 4AM against some 12 year olds in Japan. They'll turtle your ass like whoa.
[close]

Yea whenever I see a name pop up that's like '漢字白話馬' I get nervous. The key is to always hold on to a green shell or something you can reject the red shell coming from behind with. Also throwing bannanas and bombs ahead is a good technique once mastered.

There's also these cheating ass motherfuckers who string together the sliding turbo boost thingy so their basically turbo boosting the whole race. That's just not fair.
[close]

Do you mean drift boosting? thats like a key part of the game and has been since the N64 version, if you dont do that your pretty much fucked
[close]

I do it on every turn, but I've seen some people snake back and forth on straightaways through the entire race doing it
[close]

The hardest part about getting mad on a DS is that if you throw it, it's not like just like throwing your controller.

You're throwing your controller, your game system, the game, the television, the 5.1 surround sound, and all the plugs that connect to the TV against a wall because some 9 year old in Japan whizzed by the checkered flag on you at 5AM.

I was never much of a controller thrower, but today while taking a shit, 4th race I was about to come first and fucker somehow passes me in the last possible second because he happened to pick up 3 mushrooms on the last Q box. I almost focused my DS. Instead I took a deep breath and wiped my ass.

RaunchyKid

« Reply #1177 on: March 07, 2009, 08:52:35 AM »
Jak and Daxter

angryfacedman

« Reply #1178 on: March 07, 2009, 02:15:57 PM »
Skate 2!

Freeskate!! Fuck the story.

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1179 on: March 07, 2009, 02:33:04 PM »
i figured out that my xbox 360 will read discs again for some reason if i stand it up, so i started playing cod 4 with my friends. we accidentally started some serious turf wars when we saw some kid with the clan tag [W33D] so we all copied it kinda as a joke.

then a hour later we join team deathmatch against the actual [W33D] clan of cod supernerds and got dominated by golden shotguns and shittalking 13 year olds. im liking this game sofar.

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #1180 on: March 07, 2009, 07:42:37 PM »
thinknin about going to rent the new street fighter, i havent followed videos games much lately except for skate... whos played it? is it worth my time?  i need something to do on saterday night cuz im sick and i cant go out boozing. And i want to avoid playin mario party 8 with my younger sister and her friends tonight.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #1181 on: March 07, 2009, 07:51:32 PM »
You'll love it.

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #1182 on: March 07, 2009, 07:56:44 PM »
You'll love it.
im heading to the video store now.. haha.

axl rose

• Rep: -17
« Reply #1183 on: March 07, 2009, 10:22:27 PM »
ive been pretty psyched on shaq fu for sega genesis.

Gest

« Reply #1184 on: March 07, 2009, 10:39:30 PM »
i am so excited for madworld coming out within days, some of you wii guys have to be getting this too. gonna be SO good

also, gta chinatown, fuck gonna be the best month ever

Sjorsh

« Reply #1185 on: March 08, 2009, 04:01:46 AM »
mario kart wii

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
« Reply #1186 on: March 08, 2009, 09:28:02 AM »
castlevania IV. i left all my systems at home because I really can't be fucking with that shit at school but my roommate has an nes. i'm jonesing really hard for a massive videgame troll out day. it'll be like a graduation present though when i can finally get back to my COD4 account, mlb the show, and buy arkham asylum.

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

« Reply #1187 on: March 08, 2009, 10:27:02 PM »
Lucked out and got FEAR 2.

it pretty sweet, as far as buying, you should probably rent it 1st to check it out.

If your into slo-mo's, then this is it.
Ive gone through 3 levels already and havent really experienced that fear like in the demo yet.

So far loading times suck, you cant change the controller config, and MP is aight.

frisco

« Reply #1188 on: March 08, 2009, 10:30:35 PM »
sounds like a rent, my girlfriend bought me the first one randomly and I returned it for a controller haha, theyre good games but it just seems like another generic shooter, I just beat the Killzone 2 campaign, pretty short, I want to try it again on the hardest difficulty

I still need to beat the Metal Gear campaign, Resistance 2 campaign and GTA4, Im so bad with them I usually just play for the online

jesus0nvi4gra

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #1189 on: March 09, 2009, 01:24:08 AM »
sounds like a rent, my girlfriend bought me the first one randomly and I returned it for a controller haha, theyre good games but it just seems like another generic shooter, I just beat the Killzone 2 campaign, pretty short, I want to try it again on the hardest difficulty

I still need to beat the Metal Gear campaign, Resistance 2 campaign and GTA4, Im so bad with them I usually just play for the online

Resistance 2 campaign is terrible.  Seriously, biggest disapointment of any game last year.  I finally picked up Killzone so I'm down to play some online, I haven't been into a shooter since I quit COD4.  I really wanna pick up SFIV but I'm not sure I can spend the money now.  Anyone here have it?

And Gest, time to pick up a 360 if you don't have one, shit's are cheap, and even a hardcore Nintendo fan has to be extremely disappointed with the Wii in the past year.  Madworld looks awesome, and theres a few things coming up, but overall its just drowning in family party game hell.  Hopefully MotionPlus will actually bring motion control to its real promised potential with some real 1-to-1 controls.

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
« Reply #1190 on: March 09, 2009, 03:27:42 AM »
Fuck it all, my xbox 360 broke again (3rd time in a month) and the one person in Korea I can find who fixes them said he can't fix it this time.  I'm buying a PS3 cause they are region-free so I can use it when I go back to the USA.  I'll eventually buy another 360 in a few months but I've officially jumped ship.  I'll post my network name when I get it so I can have some people to play killzone with or something
do more yoga!

frisco

« Reply #1191 on: March 09, 2009, 03:59:53 AM »
Fuck it all, my xbox 360 broke again (3rd time in a month) and the one person in Korea I can find who fixes them said he can't fix it this time.  I'm buying a PS3 cause they are region-free so I can use it when I go back to the USA.  I'll eventually buy another 360 in a few months but I've officially jumped ship.  I'll post my network name when I get it so I can have some people to play killzone with or something

youve made a good choice, Im pretty confident that you wont switch back once you get used to the controller and the bonus of free online, blu ray player, killzone2, metal gear solid 4, unless you already have a shitload of 360 games the only real benefit of switching back is halo and gears of war

jesus0nvi4gra

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #1192 on: March 09, 2009, 01:20:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

youve made a good choice, Im pretty confident that you wont switch back once you get used to the controller and the bonus of free online, blu ray player, killzone2, metal gear solid 4, unless you already have a shitload of 360 games the only real benefit of switching back is halo and gears of war

Eh, I mean I love my PS3, don't get me wrong, its benefits as a media player are awesome, but the online system and community are complete shit compared to LIVE.  HOME was a complete bust and they still aren't close to parity with LIVE's features.  This is coming from someone who sold a 360 to get a PS3 because of the RROD. 

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #1193 on: March 09, 2009, 02:58:36 PM »
I haven't been playing for the past few weeks from being busy, and I finally logged on.

My inbox was full of voice mail.

"Hey faggit. Quit beating off and fight in street fighter."

"Go buy Call of Duty 5 already, you cheap fuck."

"Why you so scared to fight me in Street Fighter?"

"There's a reason we won't invite you to our clan."

Live is awesome and all, but this is reason for the PS3.

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #1194 on: March 09, 2009, 03:53:12 PM »
cod4 with some of the homies. they just got the killhouse level. shits awesome

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
« Reply #1195 on: March 09, 2009, 06:52:59 PM »
OK so I got a PS3, name Bosley_Jr 
I bought Uncharted, I couldnt' find Killzone.
So far I like the PS3 ok, but I don't like the controller, it's too light and flimsy, where the 360 controller had some substance to it.
My system is white too, which is wierd cause I've only seen black before, I think I got a Japanese one. 
Whatever though, I'm eventually gonna get another 360 cause I have a shitload of games, I'll probably only buy PS exclusives for my PS3.
do more yoga!

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1196 on: March 09, 2009, 07:12:45 PM »
booooooooooooo spungo. get the 360 back
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

« Reply #1197 on: March 09, 2009, 07:25:43 PM »
OK so I got a PS3, name Bosley_Jr 
I bought Uncharted, I couldnt' find Killzone.
So far I like the PS3 ok, but I don't like the controller, it's too light and flimsy, where the 360 controller had some substance to it.
My system is white too, which is wierd cause I've only seen black before, I think I got a Japanese one. 
Whatever though, I'm eventually gonna get another 360 cause I have a shitload of games, I'll probably only buy PS exclusives for my PS3.

games to get for the PS3 are MGS4, Killzone 2, and Skate 2. Also Warhawk is cheap at psn store, if your into the whole MP aspect.

Scrapegoat

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1198 on: March 09, 2009, 07:33:12 PM »
Half-life 1. 1998 steez. By myself On PC with no internet...with a trackball mouse. Be jealous.

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #1199 on: March 09, 2009, 08:47:22 PM »
Christ, I almost impulse bought a PS3 today.