Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 555711 times)

puff daddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #3360 on: November 24, 2018, 03:25:47 PM »
got a PS4 on black friday and started playing God of War pretty fun so far the controls take some getting used to to

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #3361 on: November 25, 2018, 06:28:47 AM »
I bought Skate 3. Happy 2010! Having a blast though.

TD

• Rep: -2
« Reply #3362 on: December 02, 2018, 04:31:36 PM »
been playing the PC release of Yakuza 0, it's been a good ride to play it through again. Yakuza 6 made the minigames feel really shallow so coming back to 0 was a nice change for wasting time. Keen for the Kiwami release on PC too

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #3363 on: December 04, 2018, 11:21:29 PM »
Top 10 games topic mentioned Symphony of the Night so I tried it out, having not played it before. Finished it in that first sitting. Unsurprisingly a terrific game. Good to know the precedent before trying other, newer 2d metroidvania/dark souls type games. Will be hard to top Hollow Knight, though...

puff daddy

« Reply #3364 on: December 06, 2018, 12:07:06 AM »
got a PS4 on black friday and started playing God of War pretty fun so far the controls take some getting used to to
beat it
damn that was a good ass game some of the best and most rewarding combat in a game ever and the story was really great mostly the relationship between atreus and kratos cant wait to see what they do with the next game

feedmeseymour

« Reply #3365 on: December 27, 2018, 06:43:41 AM »
stick of truth was on sale for 15 bucks, first time playing it and its awesome. if you are a fan of southpark you would enjoy this game.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #3366 on: December 28, 2018, 12:13:42 AM »

Finished Tower 57 in 4-5 hours or so. Not a lot of variety in enemies, there isn't any differences between the characters you choose (apart from starting weapons and tools) and experienced a few bugs where the character got stuck in the surroundings. Short and sweet.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #3367 on: January 03, 2019, 09:13:55 AM »
just finished saints row 4. pretty good game.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #3368 on: January 03, 2019, 10:35:35 PM »
Evil Within 2. Forgot how sluggishly the character moves. Coming from hours of Dark Souls 3 on and off to this feels  at times like starting up Bionic Commando after SMB 3.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #3369 on: January 05, 2019, 08:19:23 AM »
Playing Horizon Zero Dawn.

It's pretty neat but I have a feeling that there isn't going to be anything fundamentally different from hour 4 to hour 40. Not that I dislike the gameplay but it feels like I'm just going to be spending a lot of time essentially filling in the map.

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #3370 on: January 07, 2019, 10:51:57 AM »
got the gba emulator working and now i'm playing pokemon emerald. only played red and blue as a kid so this ones a trip. think i'm going for an all bird squad
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

puff daddy

« Reply #3371 on: January 07, 2019, 11:44:38 AM »
got the gba emulator working and now i'm playing pokemon emerald. only played red and blue as a kid so this ones a trip. think i'm going for an all bird squad

god damn i wish i could play emerald for the first time again

slippy

• Rep: 82
« Reply #3372 on: January 10, 2019, 09:35:57 AM »
Been playing Ashen.  It's basically a Dark Souls rip off but actually really awesome.  There's a climbing and jump mechanic that changes everything related to DS3 exploring.  Combat is slower but overall satisfying.  was hesitant to pay $40 but got it as a gift. It's definitely worth it though, 8/10
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

Surf-goth

• Rep: -676
« Reply #3373 on: January 25, 2019, 07:04:56 AM »
Only one i play is street fighter 2
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 934
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #3374 on: January 29, 2019, 08:36:33 AM »
Anthem demo

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 704
« Reply #3375 on: January 29, 2019, 11:56:28 AM »
skate 3
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #3376 on: January 29, 2019, 12:29:23 PM »
Bloodborne and Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Wish I had more time to play more.

Stupid life getting in the way of a 31 year old and his games...

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #3377 on: January 31, 2019, 08:23:54 AM »
Been playing a lot of The Mean Greens, it's basically an online PVP version of those old Sarge's Heros Army Men games. It's on sale for $1 today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_M3R6uAX9g

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #3378 on: January 31, 2019, 11:15:23 AM »
Bloodborne and Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Wish I had more time to play more.

Stupid life getting in the way of a 31 year old and his games...

i never had the time to finish mankind divided either but damn that game was sick
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3379 on: January 31, 2019, 12:21:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
considering buying a ps4 just for the red dead games and the ff7 remake
[close]

Im playing the spiderman game for PS4 its amazing
[close]

Also, Nier, Persona 5, Deus ex, MD: none of the games I played because I still play on my 360.

Unless there is a price drop soon, I aint buying. I'm still not impressed with this generation.
[close]

dunno about the PS but xbox one is a glitchy POS
[close]

I do admit that this gen looks a little nicer than the last (although some of the later PS3 games like MGSV and Last Of Us still look amazing). That said, I haven’t thought a video game has looked bad in a decade and the thought of switching to new hardware (beyond PS4/xBone) at this point seems ridiculous.
[close]

im right there with you on that.. graphics wise i have no reason to switch to a newer generation console. games these days are looking amazing.

what erks me is that the more advanced OS on current gen is full of glitches.. like my console actually crashes and freezes and does weird shit that older consoles just didn't do (atleast often). when i think console i think plug and play, intuitive, streamlined and user friendly. i switched from pc to console hoping for more consistent performance and less maintenance. but what i got is just a shitty PC

rant over

So I bought a used PS4 and got Bloodborne, Deus Ex MD and played some free Black out. My review of PS4:

The graphics are alright. I don't give many fucks about stupid 60 frames per second, give me good design instead.

Who came up with PS4 dashboard? Why the fuck is there no eject button? Next gen, my ass...

Too many resources are allocated to this whole "Share" bullshit. How about some fucking games, instead?

Too many versions of the same game. Gold edition, mega ultra edition, etc. I stare at Excel all day at work, I don't need another spread sheet to look at.

The fucking thing reaaally wants to sell shit to me. Blow me, Sony.

DLC, season passes, micro transactions and other bullshit.

All in all, I can really see desperation in this gen. Everything is a reboot/remake/part 3. Remember this gen is about five years old and I might buy four more games, maybe. You know how many I have for the 360? Me neither, because it is a fuck ton and most of them are still more impressive than the current gen.

puff daddy

« Reply #3380 on: January 31, 2019, 02:36:11 PM »
anybody playing kingdom hearts 3 ?

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3381 on: January 31, 2019, 05:41:23 PM »

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
  • KISS YOUR FATHER ON THE LIPS FOR ME
« Reply #3382 on: February 02, 2019, 04:39:37 PM »
https://youtu.be/jPghmfdH9z8
This game is super addictive albeit one sided 20 bucks PSN
I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #3383 on: February 04, 2019, 04:08:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
considering buying a ps4 just for the red dead games and the ff7 remake
[close]

Im playing the spiderman game for PS4 its amazing
[close]

Also, Nier, Persona 5, Deus ex, MD: none of the games I played because I still play on my 360.

Unless there is a price drop soon, I aint buying. I'm still not impressed with this generation.
[close]

dunno about the PS but xbox one is a glitchy POS
[close]

I do admit that this gen looks a little nicer than the last (although some of the later PS3 games like MGSV and Last Of Us still look amazing). That said, I haven’t thought a video game has looked bad in a decade and the thought of switching to new hardware (beyond PS4/xBone) at this point seems ridiculous.
[close]

im right there with you on that.. graphics wise i have no reason to switch to a newer generation console. games these days are looking amazing.

what erks me is that the more advanced OS on current gen is full of glitches.. like my console actually crashes and freezes and does weird shit that older consoles just didn't do (atleast often). when i think console i think plug and play, intuitive, streamlined and user friendly. i switched from pc to console hoping for more consistent performance and less maintenance. but what i got is just a shitty PC

rant over
[close]

So I bought a used PS4 and got Bloodborne, Deus Ex MD and played some free Black out. My review of PS4:

The graphics are alright. I don't give many fucks about stupid 60 frames per second, give me good design instead.

Who came up with PS4 dashboard? Why the fuck is there no eject button? Next gen, my ass...

Too many resources are allocated to this whole "Share" bullshit. How about some fucking games, instead?

Too many versions of the same game. Gold edition, mega ultra edition, etc. I stare at Excel all day at work, I don't need another spread sheet to look at.

The fucking thing reaaally wants to sell shit to me. Blow me, Sony.

DLC, season passes, micro transactions and other bullshit.

All in all, I can really see desperation in this gen. Everything is a reboot/remake/part 3. Remember this gen is about five years old and I might buy four more games, maybe. You know how many I have for the 360? Me neither, because it is a fuck ton and most of them are still more impressive than the current gen.

They are starting to talk about PS5 coming sooner rather than later and that some of the supposed upcoming PS4 titles might end up on the next gen (Last Of Us 2, Ghost Of Tsushima, Death Stranding, etc.)

I just don't get it. Every jump in hardware makes the games more expensive to produce. As someone who started of on an Atari 2600 and endured countless sub-subpar C64 ports, I haven't played a game in ten years that was bad because of hardware limitations. Is this gen better than the last? Sure, marginally.

My wife bought me the PS4 - I wasn't even going to buy one until later because there are still so many great, dirt cheap PS3 games. I'm not going to be in any hurry to get a PS5.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3384 on: February 07, 2019, 10:29:51 PM »
Pretty stupid to rush to next gen. So, are they gonna charge 599 for it? What I am supposed to play, some multi platform COD? Remember how a very obscure game like Bloodborne was pretty much the biggest reason to buy a PS4? Bloodborne, of all things...

Sony got very lucky this gen, simply because Microsoft lost their mind. I don't know, man... There better be a ton of great games at launch if this industry wants to survive.

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #3385 on: February 08, 2019, 10:49:13 AM »
Got the new Kirby for switch yesterday... hella tight so far
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

danymorison54578

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3386 on: February 08, 2019, 10:46:48 PM »
I played last video game is Asphalt 8 Airborne Game and This is my favorite game.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #3387 on: February 12, 2019, 05:19:49 AM »
link to the past, ancient stone tablets.

so a bit of explanation because i think this is really interesting....

early 90's nintendo made a device that attaches to your snes so you could access an online service (japan only) for a montly subscription fee...

with this service you we able to download demos, games, manuals, music, digital magazines, and some of the games were exclusive to the service, you were only able to access these things at certain times of day similar to a television broadcast.

so i found the sequel to link to the past, and it was cut up into 4 parts (one part per week was broadcasted to japan, and they only broadcasted the 4 segments twice..) i got that shit to work on my snes with some doing (transfer of save info from week to week was a pain at first)

this sequel is so good.. also crazy that when they broadcasted this they had voice acting to go with the game, which is off putting when playing a snes game but its pretty crazy they were doing this in 1995.. anyways i feel like i just discovered fire for the first time...

for a better explanation check this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-CV7fZm9nY&t=152s

shalom

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #3388 on: February 12, 2019, 07:57:47 AM »
Been enjoying Sea Of Thieves lately. Bought it on sale for $30 on PC which also means I can play it on my Xbox One if I ever felt like it, then they gave everyone who owned a copy 3 keys for a week long trial if you wanted to let your friends try out the game. Some people complain about it's lack of content but I think it has enough to keep me occupied and it's still getting updates, I know I'd enjoy this more than the current popular BR games.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #3389 on: February 20, 2019, 01:50:07 PM »
Any of you guys played Dark Souls? I just got the remastered version for Switch and it's ruining my life