Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 311435 times)

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 15
  • sup breh
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #2910 on: February 04, 2014, 11:33:46 AM »
Fallout New Vegas.

Not as good as 3 in my humblest of opinions.

I be on that Best Friend Tabitha grind narrated by none other than Mr.Vegas himself, Wayne Newton.

I picked that up during the summer sale because I love fallout 3, it's nowhere near as engaging for me. I can't put my finger on why, though.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • Roll for Rusty
« Reply #2911 on: February 04, 2014, 11:44:27 AM »
Fallout New Vegas.

I be on that Best Friend Tabitha grind narrated by none other than Mr.Vegas himself, Wayne Newton.

I picked that up during the summer sale because I love fallout 3, it's nowhere near as engaging for me. I can't put my finger on why, though.

The map is very constricting and full of glitches with an overall story line that is lackadaisical at best.

You could really push the map in Fallout 3, however not the case in New Vegas.

dask8d00d

« Reply #2912 on: February 04, 2014, 11:45:48 AM »
Fallout New Vegas.

Fallout 3 was better because it was a AAA title made by the Bethesda whereas New Vegas was just a spin-off game made by Obsidian. Not to say that it was bad though I still put in tons of hours on that game ps3 & PC. The DLC is mostly all very good Old World Blues, Honest Hearts, & Lonesome Road were all great. Lonesome Road was especially epic though out of all the crazy, fucked up places you got to in all the fallout games that place really did just seem like hell, and how it ties up with the Courier's backstory just makes it even more dramatic. Lots of good mods on the PC version too so even though it wasn't as big as fallout 3 id still say its definitely worth playing if you're into those kinds of games

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Roll for Rusty
« Reply #2913 on: February 04, 2014, 11:56:02 AM »
Fallout New Vegas.

Fallout 3 was better because it was a AAA title made by the Bethesda whereas New Vegas was just a spin-off game made by Obsidian. Not to say that it was bad though I still put in tons of hours on that game ps3 & PC. The DLC is mostly all very good Old World Blues, Honest Hearts, & Lonesome Road were all great. Lonesome Road was especially epic though out of all the crazy, fucked up places you got to in all the fallout games that place really did just seem like hell, and how it ties up with the Courier's backstory just makes it even more dramatic. Lots of good mods on the PC version too so even though it wasn't as big as fallout 3 id still say its definitely worth playing if you're into those kinds of games

Agreed Will.

I'm pretty sure Obsidian ported a lot of Fallout 3 to make New Vegas; just didn't port very well.

I dropped the extra 5 chucks for the Ultimate Edition with all the DLC; really savoring those puppies.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • sup breh
« Reply #2914 on: February 04, 2014, 04:39:52 PM »
Fallout New Vegas.

Agreed Will.

I'm pretty sure Obsidian ported a lot of Fallout 3 to make New Vegas; just didn't port very well.

I dropped the extra 5 chucks for the Ultimate Edition with all the DLC; really savoring those puppies.
True, I had forgotten that Bethesda licensed that one out. That made me a little worried about Elder Scrolls Online, too, but I got into the beta test and it seems like Zenimax did a pretty good job. The Ultimate Edition was super cheap during the steam sale, so I have all the DLC, I just haven't touched them yet. I kind of wish I was able to turn to DLC off until later like in Fallout 3 GOTY edition (I probably can, it's just not as intuitive). Starting off with the DLC items kind of felt like cheating. That's just nitpicking though.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Roll for Rusty
« Reply #2915 on: February 04, 2014, 08:50:35 PM »
Fallout New Vegas.

Agreed Will.

True, I had forgotten that Bethesda licensed that one out. That made me a little worried about Elder Scrolls Online, too, but I got into the beta test and it seems like Zenimax did a pretty good job. The Ultimate Edition was super cheap during the steam sale, so I have all the DLC, I just haven't touched them yet. I kind of wish I was able to turn to DLC off until later like in Fallout 3 GOTY edition (I probably can, it's just not as intuitive). Starting off with the DLC items kind of felt like cheating. That's just nitpicking though.

It was a bit odd starting out with the DLC in-game (as with Fallout 3 I bought the DLC discs after beating the main story).

That being said, I have not & will not indulge myself in said content until further satisfaction has been reached in the primary stages.

filmthis

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2916 on: February 08, 2014, 01:27:37 AM »

running through chrono trigger again..
this game seemed much longer when i was younger. then again, i did just start so... we'll see.
vx1000

Disco234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -52
« Reply #2917 on: February 08, 2014, 04:08:32 PM »
Flapy bird..brutal

BraveUlysses

« Reply #2918 on: February 12, 2014, 07:17:32 AM »
Anybody else get the nagging feeling that you're making the wrong decision while playing one of the elder scrolls games or fallout? I always feel like I'm spending my money right or I'm choosing the wrong perks or something.

Yu Dum

« Reply #2919 on: February 12, 2014, 07:37:34 AM »
Still playing the new Legend of Zelda for 3DS.

dillanharp

« Reply #2920 on: February 13, 2014, 11:12:52 AM »
Outlast, jesus christ this game is terrifying, no weapons, just run and hide.

Anyone play Rust yet? Looks interesting.

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
  • Die Slow
« Reply #2921 on: February 13, 2014, 11:52:18 AM »
Probs gta v at my friends house.

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • sup breh
« Reply #2922 on: February 13, 2014, 10:23:59 PM »
Outlast, jesus christ this game is terrifying, no weapons, just run and hide.

Anyone play Rust yet? Looks interesting.

Money's tight so I haven't picked it up yet, but I'm definitely going to. A couple friends of mine have it and speak very highly of it. Apparently it's DayZ without the zombies, and some minecraft elements. Sounds amazing. Outlast looks fucking terrifying. I really want to play that and Amnesia, but I know I'm too much of a baby.

Has anyone played Dream? I like games where the only point is to explore, and the concept seems interesting.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -129
« Reply #2923 on: February 14, 2014, 01:18:19 AM »
We recently recieved a wrong shippment of some games at work, so I was able to get a free copy of Skyrim: Legendary edition for PC. I finished it on Xbox, but I installed it and man, its so much better on PC. Right now I dont even fuck with the main story, just doing the civil war quests, and after that Im gonna look into that  Falskaar mod and some other shit.. Amazing game, but I think I liked Morrowind better. But Oblivion was boring as hell.

mex.ceferino

• Rep: 28
  • POWDERED TOAST MAAN!
« Reply #2924 on: February 14, 2014, 01:30:03 AM »
the last video game i took super seriously and deep was metal gear solid snake eater when it just came out for PS2
i love the whole franchise and story, after snake eater i halted my video game life and have no idea whats going on with metal gear solid today. someday i'll pick up

for shits and giggles, the roommates and i have the most intense and fun battles in super smash bros melee
captain falcon for life fuckers. i'll kill you
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 01:33:21 AM by mex.ceferino »

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • sup breh
« Reply #2925 on: February 14, 2014, 11:50:31 AM »
We recently recieved a wrong shippment of some games at work, so I was able to get a free copy of Skyrim: Legendary edition for PC. I finished it on Xbox, but I installed it and man, its so much better on PC. Right now I dont even fuck with the main story, just doing the civil war quests, and after that Im gonna look into that  Falskaar mod and some other shit.. Amazing game, but I think I liked Morrowind better. But Oblivion was boring as hell.
I LOVE skyrim, I've been playing it off and on all day since I'm snowed in. I beat the main questline on one play through, but I usually do all the Daedric and other side quests first since they're more fun. There are definitely some great mods out there, that's my favorite part about playing on PC. I haven't played Morrowind or Oblivion yet, I'm going to grab both of them during the Summer sale I'm thinking. That's funny that you liked Morrowind more and thought Oblivion was boring, my brother was the exact opposite.

Merked

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
  • Strong Island Rippin, Guidos and Shit.
« Reply #2926 on: February 14, 2014, 12:38:35 PM »
the last video game i took super seriously and deep was metal gear solid snake eater when it just came out for PS2
i love the whole franchise and story, after snake eater i halted my video game life and have no idea whats going on with metal gear solid today. someday i'll pick up

for shits and giggles, the roommates and i have the most intense and fun battles in super smash bros melee
captain falcon for life fuckers. i'll kill you

About to start going to biweekly tournaments for that shit at a local college where I live.  I never realized how big SSBM was until I started playing it with my friends and did some research.  Here is a falcon video for you too peep just to see how good some of these fucking kids are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9vziStKcg6g

And one recent match from the biggest smash tournament.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SOnYtXIyfW4

Also, I play sheik and I'd beat ya ass.   :P

I suck at SLAP.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 630
« Reply #2927 on: February 14, 2014, 01:50:26 PM »
trying to play this titanfall beta on pc, but there's no fuckin servers.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Roll for Rusty
« Reply #2928 on: February 14, 2014, 07:41:52 PM »
Back into the computer gaming realm after a 10 year hiatus.

Currently playing Loadout a bit more than I should...

Garth Marenghi

• Rep: 22
« Reply #2929 on: March 07, 2014, 11:38:09 AM »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1161
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #2930 on: March 10, 2014, 02:14:21 PM »
Last night I continued to play through Ys: Memories of Calceta.

Sgt.Pepper

• Rep: -167
« Reply #2931 on: March 10, 2014, 11:50:33 PM »
Just started playing No More Room in Hell. Shit's really fun!
"I'd be a teenage virgin, jerking off in my bedroom
 if I wasnt a 20 year old virgin that didn't have a bedroom."

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #2932 on: March 13, 2014, 01:05:30 PM »
I've been playing Singularity. It's pretty good and it was in the 4.99 bin at gamestop.

Yu Dum

« Reply #2933 on: March 16, 2014, 08:06:24 PM »
Metroid Prime for the GameCube. I'm so stoked.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Roll for Rusty
« Reply #2934 on: March 24, 2014, 01:18:12 PM »

Just got these beasts working via PcsX2!

Chipper

• Rep: 14
« Reply #2935 on: March 25, 2014, 01:14:08 PM »

Just got these beasts working via PcsX2!

Man do I wish I still had these.

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #2936 on: March 25, 2014, 08:38:28 PM »
I recently acquired the 3rd generation PS3 (2nd slim edition) and so I'm replaying EA's Skate for probably the sixth time since the game came out. I haven't actually played the original in years, but it's still very satisfying, albeit easier than when first starting.

I've also been playing Uncharted: Drake's Fortune for the first time. Solid game! Very reminiscent of Indiana Jones.

Castlevania has been the game I played during the remainder of spring break. My girlfriend is hooked and I can't get past stage 13........

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
  • Lord Ganesha
« Reply #2937 on: April 03, 2014, 12:38:31 PM »
thief.  corrupted save glitch is ruining the experience
do more yoga!

Tay

« Reply #2938 on: April 03, 2014, 02:05:59 PM »
Titanfall with my husband. Either you're doing awesome or really shitty, there's no in-between. Beats watching spirit crushing reruns on cable any day.

Chipper

• Rep: 14
« Reply #2939 on: April 05, 2014, 05:18:03 AM »
My second time playing through it. If you like long rpg games this is one you should play. But make some free time time, it's a long game.

LOST ODYSSEY