Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 556244 times)

poor alice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #2970 on: February 26, 2015, 02:20:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
On PC!

[close]

Damm, the PS3 version is good enough but I'll bet it's smooth and unreal on PC.
Last few games I've been playing are:
See above
Currently Playing through FF7 on PSP, rather enjoying it (again)
The Last of Us
and last but not least (and most certainly underrated):

[close]

revengeance was infuriatingly hard at some points, like the monsoon boss holy shit
[close]

Fucking right it was. I love that game to death but I'm still stranded in the no-man's land that is a save game on the last boss fight with that ridiculous Armstrong guy and no rations. I've tried to kill the fucker on about 30+ separate occasions and am still stuck there. I thought I was decent enough at the game (this is on Normal difficulty) and still, he whops me every time.  Love the game but hate that I still can't get to the end.
[close]
Which "phase" of the boss battle are you stuck on?

The last phase as far as I'm aware, fiery attacks and flinging rocks the size of 18 wheelers at me. I'm not sure how else to describe it.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #2971 on: February 27, 2015, 12:41:08 AM »
Dark Forces and Road Rash were the shit.
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

foureyedjim

« Reply #2972 on: February 27, 2015, 01:44:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
On PC!

[close]

Damm, the PS3 version is good enough but I'll bet it's smooth and unreal on PC.
Last few games I've been playing are:
See above
Currently Playing through FF7 on PSP, rather enjoying it (again)
The Last of Us
and last but not least (and most certainly underrated):

[close]

revengeance was infuriatingly hard at some points, like the monsoon boss holy shit
[close]

Fucking right it was. I love that game to death but I'm still stranded in the no-man's land that is a save game on the last boss fight with that ridiculous Armstrong guy and no rations. I've tried to kill the fucker on about 30+ separate occasions and am still stuck there. I thought I was decent enough at the game (this is on Normal difficulty) and still, he whops me every time.  Love the game but hate that I still can't get to the end.
[close]
Which "phase" of the boss battle are you stuck on?
[close]

The last phase as far as I'm aware, fiery attacks and flinging rocks the size of 18 wheelers at me. I'm not sure how else to describe it.

okay, the best way to get him down to where he throws semis at you and shit is to just ninja run around him and do quick slashes. Dodge fire stuff with ninja run and use offensive-defensive for his un-parry-able attackes (yellow glow).  Repeat this till you can cut the semis in half, which will give you health. 

He'll eventually turn green, which means he's healing.  That's your cue to go behind his back and go into blade and just slash the red box. 

Hope that helps.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #2973 on: February 27, 2015, 05:03:06 AM »

Well that was short.

Piri-piri

• Rep: 5
« Reply #2974 on: February 27, 2015, 04:39:20 PM »
Just seen the end credits go down yet again on this piece of art

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #2975 on: February 28, 2015, 11:00:53 AM »
currently addicted to nfl blitz on n64

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #2976 on: March 03, 2015, 01:09:12 PM »
Just seen the end credits go down yet again on this piece of art

Easily one of the best games ever made...Castlevania is one of the best series going.  #3 is also a personal favorite, when you could morph into other people and shit.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #2977 on: March 03, 2015, 07:20:59 PM »
Picked up Skyrim again for the main purpose of getting dragon weapons and fucking shit up, been fun but leveling up seems like a chore this time

hankmasterflex

« Reply #2978 on: March 06, 2015, 08:10:27 AM »
fire emblem, you know i been sneaking my gameboy into work boys!!!!

dillanharp

« Reply #2979 on: March 07, 2015, 05:05:24 PM »

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #2980 on: March 08, 2015, 01:41:30 PM »
Majora's Mask on my 3ds, I skipped it when it came out in 2000.  It's basically OoT's kinda slutty emo sister.

foureyedjim

« Reply #2981 on: March 11, 2015, 12:01:13 AM »
HOTLINE MIAMI 2: WRONG NUMBER
more of the same good shit.  music, gameplay, violence.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #2982 on: March 11, 2015, 01:07:53 AM »
Can't wait to play it!

Started Dark Souls again, haven't tried it out as a mage character. Nerdy.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #2983 on: March 11, 2015, 09:54:41 AM »

im still playing the first one. only got it last month and i might only get to play an hour or two a week so its taking me a while. im on level 14 or 15 now so it shouldnt be too much longer before i finish it. cant wait to play the new one though. are there any big differences? i heard the levels are really big in this one and its a lot harder.

foureyedjim

« Reply #2984 on: March 11, 2015, 02:30:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

im still playing the first one. only got it last month and i might only get to play an hour or two a week so its taking me a while. im on level 14 or 15 now so it shouldnt be too much longer before i finish it. cant wait to play the new one though. are there any big differences? i heard the levels are really big in this one and its a lot harder.

Some parts are more manageable than others.  One level will have people more spread out and in smaller rooms so you can go in and just whack em with melee weapons, whereas a lot of other levels will require you to bait guys over because the room is more spread out with gun wielding enemies.  I can't say whether or not it's harder,  maybe requires you to take it slower on some parts.  I will say that the music is better though.

Just sniff some glue

• Rep: -3
« Reply #2985 on: March 12, 2015, 08:42:53 PM »

Such a great game.  The way the collectibles go in depth about WW1 made me want to go back and collect everything.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #2986 on: March 15, 2015, 11:46:40 AM »
Yoshis island.

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #2987 on: March 16, 2015, 02:51:39 AM »
I'm also playing Hotline Miami 2, and I actually think it's better than the first one. It is definitely harder though, mostly because of larger levels and you'll often be killed by enemies off screen, which can be annoying at times. The difficulty kinda picks up where the first game ended, like the first levels in this one is as hard as the last levels in HM1.

It's like the game expects you to have played and mastered the first one, which I think is great. But on the other hand, I can't even imagine how fustrating this game must be if you haven't played the first one to the point where you're good at it.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 03:44:35 AM by darkslideoftheforce »

foureyedjim

« Reply #2988 on: March 16, 2015, 01:08:53 PM »
I'm also playing Hotline Miami 2, and I actually think it's better than the first one. It is definitely harder though, mostly because of larger levels and you'll often be killed by enemies off screen, which can be annoying at times. The difficulty kinda picks up where the first game ended, like the first levels in this one is as hard as the last levels in HM1.

It's like the game expects you to have played and mastered the first one, which I think is great. But on the other hand, I can't even imagine how fustrating this game must be if you haven't played the first one to the point where you're good at it.

yeah the game is all about baiting now, which is probably the easiest way to get through the levels (peak the corner, wait for guys to come around, wack em with melee weapons).  I just beat it earlier this week and my god was it long.  If you only play once in a while, be prepared to wait a while to finish the game. 

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2989 on: March 16, 2015, 04:04:48 PM »
Yeah I also found out the best move is to take advantage of the enemy AI like that. I'm currently stuck at the docks level, jesus fucking christ, not even dark souls 2 made me rage quit like that. I will man up and beat it later tonight though.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 04:10:04 PM by darkslideoftheforce »

foureyedjim

« Reply #2990 on: March 16, 2015, 11:24:06 PM »
Yeah I also found out the best move is to take advantage of the enemy AI like that. I'm currently stuck at the docks level, jesus fucking christ, not even dark souls 2 made me rage quit like that. I will man up and beat it later tonight though.
hide behind the ship containers  ;D

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2991 on: March 20, 2015, 07:31:52 PM »
anyone playing hardline? i feel like i'm gonna sit this one out and wait till they get back to real battlefield.

dillanharp

« Reply #2992 on: March 21, 2015, 10:00:12 AM »
anyone playing hardline? i feel like i'm gonna sit this one out and wait till they get back to real battlefield.
Yea I'm conflicted on this one. Battlefield is such an investment with premium and everything.

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2993 on: March 22, 2015, 10:15:06 AM »
Finally finished Hotline Miami 2. 10/10, A+, would beat again. Can't wait for the level editor. I don't think I'll bother with the hard mode though.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #2994 on: March 24, 2015, 08:58:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yea I'm conflicted on this one. Battlefield is such an investment with premium and everything.

I got it from redbox.
Played about 2 levels and then returned it. Already started to feel repetitive with arresting people.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #2995 on: March 25, 2015, 01:59:59 AM »
Gave into temptation and bought a PS4. Tried Dying light a bit, seems like a better version of Dead Island which I pretty much hated. Shadow of Mordor is really fun and immersive. Going to try Bloodborne for the first time in a minute.

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
« Reply #2996 on: March 26, 2015, 07:43:19 PM »
BLOODBORNE rules the fucking universe right now
do more yoga!

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #2997 on: March 28, 2015, 02:52:44 AM »
Been working on the dark forces/jedi knight series and just got to Jedi Knight 2.

God damn it's such an excellent series, but man it got difficult at the end of Mysteries of the Sith. I hope some of you guys picked up the star wars humble bundle package cause it was fucking awesome.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #2998 on: March 29, 2015, 07:33:37 PM »
BLOODBORNE rules the fucking universe right now

Game of the year so far.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #2999 on: April 01, 2015, 07:07:25 AM »
So annoyed by it so far. I hope it won't disappoint in the long run.