Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 556466 times)

dillanharp

Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #3000 on: April 01, 2015, 02:58:16 PM »
I got Insurgency on steam for $7 about a week ago but my computer set up isn't ideal for a shooter right now(laptop on the couch). Once I get my desk set up from this move I plan on playing more.

I also got the Mass Effect trilogy for PS3 for $20 but I need a headset so I don't wake up my kid so I haven't played any of it

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #3001 on: April 02, 2015, 07:22:30 AM »
So annoyed by it so far. I hope it won't disappoint in the long run.

Changed my starting class and switched to threaded cane, now it all makes sense...

dillanharp

« Reply #3002 on: April 04, 2015, 09:34:45 AM »
Expand Quote
BLOODBORNE rules the fucking universe right now

[close]

Game of the year so far.

Fuck this game so hard... I don't have time for this shit.

Edit: After last night I got so pissed and deleted it off of my system. I was trying to kill that werewolf in the very beginning of the game with no weapons and yea... Guess he's supposed to kill you. Going to reinstall amd give it another go tonight. I almost killed that fucker too.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 06:55:52 PM by Nallid »

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #3003 on: April 07, 2015, 06:39:06 AM »
The game will be relentlessly against you in the beginning but don't give up. I almost did and I've played through all the souls games several times. Rinse and repeat and it'll definitely reward you.

dillanharp

« Reply #3004 on: April 07, 2015, 09:31:52 PM »
The game will be relentlessly against you in the beginning but don't give up. I almost did and I've played through all the souls games several times. Rinse and repeat and it'll definitely reward you.

I gave it the weekend and played it for a while but it's not something I can get in to. I returned it and got BF: Hardline and I'm much happier.

Just sniff some glue

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
« Reply #3005 on: April 07, 2015, 11:45:33 PM »
Currently playing this game. This is probably the best jrpg's I've played in awhile.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #3006 on: April 12, 2015, 05:07:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Game of the year so far.

I think I would might enjoy this although a watched someone doing a speed run and was made wary by the boss fights. They didn't look "hard" so much as annoying. I hate when the strategy boils down to "dodging then resisting the impulse to hit more than 3 times. Repeat for 5 minutes."

Is there a much of a story?

I've been letting my kids watch me play through Shadow of the Colossus and Ico. They've been super into it. My wife does not approve...

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #3007 on: April 17, 2015, 09:47:38 AM »
The story's in there somewhere but it's nothing close to cinematic storytelling. I'm still on the fence about the non-shield melee fighting.

Anyone tried Titan souls or Axiom Verge yet? Contemplating which one to get.

Gnatpant

• Rep: 4
« Reply #3008 on: April 17, 2015, 03:59:06 PM »
Currently playing this game. This is probably the best jrpg's I've played in awhile.

You played shin megami tensei 4??

Just sniff some glue

• Rep: -3
« Reply #3009 on: April 19, 2015, 12:23:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You played shin megami tensei 4??

No, I haven't played that game. I heard its really good, but I don't have a 3DS.

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #3010 on: April 20, 2015, 06:30:51 AM »
Got Geometry Wars Evolved last night

Had forgotten how much I loved that game when it came out on the 360.  Only had the original so the new modes are fucking with me but a 5 min go turned into about an hour before I realised.

I'm terribad at it though, and as no one on my Friend List has it at least I don't know just how bad!!

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #3011 on: April 21, 2015, 05:11:00 AM »
Working my way through Pokemon Diamond and Black while my backs playing up, i forgot how time consuming those games can be if you just zone out

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #3012 on: April 28, 2015, 07:08:48 PM »
Got my hands on a Vita after alot of humming and ha-ing and after a few hours on Gravity Rush I love both the console and the game itself. Gravity Rush is very unique. Anyone else in here have any thoughts on the game and/ or the console?

Ps. Fully plan on getting Persona 4 when I upgrade to one of those $£$£$ sucking big-ass memory cards.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3013 on: April 29, 2015, 06:33:36 PM »
Been working on the dark forces/jedi knight series and just got to Jedi Knight 2.

God damn it's such an excellent series, but man it got difficult at the end of Mysteries of the Sith. I hope some of you guys picked up the star wars humble bundle package cause it was fucking awesome.

serious nostalgia right here. played this game as a kid when it came out and the multiplayer was one of my favorite gaming moments ever, does anyone still play at all?

i think i worked too hard the last 5 years and lost my imagination. the only two games i have played in the last half decade are skate 3 and starcraft 2 and its still those two when I get the chance. I can't play any single player game for more than a couple minutes without getting bored and doing something else.

When I was buying my TV off craigslist the lady sold me a bin with 80 of her sons xbox 360 games for $40 and I have only used the new skate 3 disc. I really gotta sell the bin to someone who will get use out of it.

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #3014 on: May 05, 2015, 12:18:23 AM »
Not sure about Jedi Knight 2 but I'm pretty sure Jedi Academy is still popular online. Since the games were originally using Gamespy to host/find servers (they are gone now), you have to download another program to find servers. I'll have to look into it soon. Battlefront 2 is still really active on PC.

I've been playing PSO a lot recently. Got a dreamcast from a local store and have been hyped on it.

I also can't wait till my first edition PS3 comes in the mail so I can finally play PS1/PS2 games properly (without an emulator) all on one console and it's the hackable firmware so I can just use ISOs on it too.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

underknowledge

« Reply #3015 on: May 09, 2015, 02:03:28 PM »

Anyone else?

Thrillho

• Rep: 133
« Reply #3016 on: May 13, 2015, 04:08:51 PM »
Too much.

Been playing Nox.

Never got to finish this as a lad.  Probably start on Arcanum next (which I also never finished).
Beat Bloodborne twice.  Killed MoonThing the second time around.  Was good.  Hope they do another or, at least, and expansion.

can't wait till my first edition PS3 comes in the mail so I can finally play PS1/PS2 games properly

I got mine on release day, and it lasted me about 5 years of fairly constant use.  I suggest you keep it clean and cool unless you want to reball the GPU.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #3017 on: May 13, 2015, 06:00:09 PM »
Too much.

Been playing Nox.

Never got to finish this as a lad.  Probably start on Arcanum next (which I also never finished).
Beat Bloodborne twice.  Killed MoonThing the second time around.  Was good.  Hope they do another or, at least, and expansion.

Expand Quote
can't wait till my first edition PS3 comes in the mail so I can finally play PS1/PS2 games properly
[close]

I got mine on release day, and it lasted me about 5 years of fairly constant use.  I suggest you keep it clean and cool unless you want to reball the GPU.

No fucking way, is that the 20th Anniversary PS4?
You lucky lucky bastard.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
  • Pure East
« Reply #3018 on: May 16, 2015, 05:34:59 AM »

Getting There...
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

Ross Norman - Last of the Mohicans

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #3019 on: May 16, 2015, 07:14:13 AM »
Nox is the fucking bomb. Played it a bunch of times as each  class.

Numeral

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #3020 on: May 17, 2015, 12:12:28 AM »
Destiny, a bunch of sports games and battlefield.

dillanharp

« Reply #3021 on: May 17, 2015, 09:56:16 AM »
Battlefield Hardline. I kinda hate it but the downtown map on conquest small makes up for it. Preordered the Witcher 3, should be here in a few days.

Kain

• Rep: -4
« Reply #3022 on: June 01, 2015, 08:20:10 AM »
Halo 4.  Been stuck on this game since it released.  You can find me in Big Team Heavies pretty much everyday.
Diablo 3 and Child of Eden are the only other 2 games I've played in the past 10 years, both are awesome.

Jares

« Reply #3023 on: June 02, 2015, 02:19:51 AM »
Been slogging through this... gotta remember to save often, its way harder than I thought it would be.

Super Metroid: First Horizon Demo

Kain

« Reply #3024 on: June 02, 2015, 01:58:02 PM »
some OG SNES games were merciless when it came to difficulty.  Darius Twin and Phalanx were prime examples

Jares

« Reply #3025 on: June 03, 2015, 06:53:19 AM »
some OG SNES games were merciless when it came to difficulty.  Darius Twin and Phalanx were prime examples

Pretty much. Hagane is the perfect example, I tried playing this for an hour or so and was like,"Fuck it, I'll come back to this when I'm ready."

SNES Hagane Complete Playthrough (HD)

So stoked you mentioned Darius twin! Now I gotta beat it for old times sake.

Kain

« Reply #3026 on: June 03, 2015, 12:12:00 PM »
haha good! that was an awesome game, i'm not sure if i ever got to the end though.

never heard of Hagane, but the graphics/game play remind me of the Mega Man series. looks legit

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #3027 on: June 05, 2015, 04:29:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Game of the year so far.

Just finished it. Game of the year. Game of the last ten years? I haven't loved the shit out of a game like this since Final Fantasy 7.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 04:51:22 AM by landCow »

Tay

« Reply #3028 on: August 12, 2015, 12:56:42 AM »

I've been playing this on a PS2 emulator. Breathtaking graphics, and pretty environments but the controls are awful like the first three Tomb Raider games.

Oh, lots of Final Fantasy 9 too. Chocobo treasure hunt is the shit!!!  :)

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #3029 on: August 12, 2015, 01:55:56 AM »

Amazing game, a little bit like Dark souls, but not as frustrating.