Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 556323 times)

Sk.A.T.A.N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #3120 on: November 04, 2016, 04:53:01 AM »
My laptop was stollen about 2 months ago, so I got a gaming laptop for a cool price.
This ignited my gamer flame once again and I started playing GTA V. I did all the campaign missions and some other stuff, I'm close to 80% completed but I got a little tired so I started playing Rise Of The Tomb Raider and damn, I got really into it. In about 3/4 days I got to 100%. Fun and interesting game, I recomend. Now I got some more free time and I'm about to start playing farcry 4 since I all the prior 3 and I'm a fan of the series.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #3121 on: November 04, 2016, 04:59:46 AM »
Been on GTA Online besides all the modders its super fun.
Also just replayed Bioshock infinite.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #3122 on: November 04, 2016, 10:21:14 AM »
Battlefield 1 on ps4. Murdering people with a horse.
you never know about pre-cum 

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #3123 on: November 04, 2016, 06:37:44 PM »
Battlefield 1 on ps4. Murdering people with a horse.

That game is seriously the best, skipping COD this year. Or im just gonna wait till they sell COD 4 remastered separately, they will have to do it eventually. Here's some of the game play

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgw6YYllP30

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #3124 on: November 05, 2016, 05:12:03 AM »
007 Goldeneye on Steam. Pretty sick, they remapped and updated all the old maps for versus. Probably been playing it too much though and feel like I need something new.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #3125 on: November 16, 2016, 08:58:22 AM »
anyone play this? its definitely the best skating phone game ive played. kind of limited trick options, but if you get creative there is lots to do. its cool because theres no points, no objectives. you just skate and do tricks. its really fun.

Skate Lines

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #3126 on: November 16, 2016, 12:39:15 PM »
^ Bad news Tobey, I heard that Infinite Warfare is required to run the remastered Modern Warfare.

I got the first season really cheap during the PSN Halloween sale, I'm loving it so far, 2 episodes down.
you never know about pre-cum 

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #3127 on: November 16, 2016, 12:58:32 PM »
^ Bad news Tobey, I heard that Infinite Warfare is required to run the remastered Modern Warfare.

I got the first season really cheap during the PSN Halloween sale, I'm loving it so far, 2 episodes down.

Played this on PS now...was really surprised at how good this game was.  I kept redoing chapters based because I kept hating how some of the choices ended up.   I realized later that some of the shitty things that happen are unavoidable and that redoing the chapter was a waste. 

The ending is really good too

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #3128 on: November 25, 2016, 10:23:28 AM »
My PS3 died a few years ago and I finally gave in and bought a new one so I could catch up on all the stuff I never played. I think I got the last New PS3 in the state as no one had any except Walmart and they only had one left in stock. $149. New ones on Amazon cost more and it seemed worth it to not get a refurbished one.

Went crazy and bought Metal Gear Rising, Arkham City, Uncharted 3 (already had that one previously), Last of Us, Assasins Creed Black Flag, Mass Effect 3, and a friend gave me a few others. Didn't spend more than $8 for any one game. So much more cheap shit out there right now it just seems like the perfect time to score.

Beat MGR already. I liked it overall but a lot of the locales are super dullsville and eventually combat was sort of a grind. Anybody play DmC? Might get that one eventually although I know that nobody seemed to like the makeover. Also, were the Lords of Shadow games any good (if you like God of War type games)?

Should I play Arkham Asylum before City? Does it make a difference?

I've got a bunch more I intend to pick up. The real challenge will be finding time to play.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3129 on: November 25, 2016, 10:39:07 PM »
About 5 years late but I've been hooked on skyrim.

glutton.

« Reply #3130 on: November 27, 2016, 06:06:10 AM »
Sadly, it was Lego Batman 3 or some lame shit. My roommate got GTA V. If they make it for PS4 VR, I'm going all out on a TV and console bundle.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3131 on: December 06, 2016, 04:54:50 PM »
Finished The Last Of Us. Or as I like to call it, "Depressing Uncharted ".

A mediocre core game that manages to become a completely epic, engrossing, visually beautiful, and sometimes viscerally emotional experience.

It was weird how compelling it was to press forward despite how unfun much of the gameplay was.

There's a lot of mechanics that are supposed to make the game more realistic that instead make it more video-gamey. No, sorry that jump is bigger than six feet, you need to fetch a board to cross that gap. You can't just press forward and automatically cover varied terrain, you need to press circle to duck, X to hop, triangle to climb. Hey, the girl can't swim so go find the exact same pallet you've found 7 times before to drag her across the water. Hey, this is clearly the right direction so you better go back and check the other fork so you can get the supplies you'll need before you get wasted up ahead. Sorry, there's a couple of tables in this stairwell, you'll clearly have to go into that ambush - it's not like you could break a window and get out that way. Oh shit, you'll never sneak by these guys, why don't you go ahead and try and sprint to the next checkpoint so you respawn a little farther ahead? Did I mention combat sucks and is a chore?

That said, after you get a few hours in you kind of feel like you are surviving an apocalypse and you trudge forward. The story beats are predictable but engrossing. Each new area brings a sense of discovery. I'm a little ashamed that by the time your character becomes a straight up murderer and you don't really care.

So yeah, I'd totally recommend it but I also feel like I'm recommending self flagellation.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3132 on: December 09, 2016, 08:41:00 PM »
Yeah just beat that one today and the ending was pretty heavy, they just released a trailer for the sequel which I'm looking forward to.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #3133 on: December 12, 2016, 01:12:19 AM »

OG or the current gen redo? either way it's endless fun man. first go round was 1000+ hours before any DLC came out

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3134 on: December 12, 2016, 01:49:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

OG or the current gen redo? either way it's endless fun man. first go round was 1000+ hours before any DLC came out
OG, I'm still on a last gen console hah

stabbedbywiggers

« Reply #3135 on: December 13, 2016, 04:50:20 AM »
So I go to the 360 room to play battlefield 3, and theres a fuckin xbox one sittin there. Tried to pop in BF3, but naw, not compatible. None of my games is compatable! Fuck. My brother only bought fallout 4, and I dont fuck with those kinds of games so Im waiting for the forza 6 demo to download. Shits taking forever, I thought this shit was next gen nuggah, takin forever, pfff.

Cant even play skate 2, only 3. I aint got 3! Maybe Ill buy BF1, but no, cause Im broke.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #3136 on: December 18, 2016, 06:02:59 AM »
Been on a nostalgia kick recently... I decided to fire up some emulators. To get specific, Kawaks, for the Neo Geo and CPS 1/2 goodness. I play a lot of Capcom fighting games yesterday, and some King of Fighters 96.

jomeara1

« Reply #3137 on: December 20, 2016, 05:35:06 PM »
Found Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2.  Forgot how awesome that game is.  Still have an old computer that works too.  Always thought the story to it would make one hell of a movie.

Jordick

« Reply #3138 on: December 20, 2016, 10:58:51 PM »
Found Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2.  Forgot how awesome that game is.  Still have an old computer that works too.  Always thought the story to it would make one hell of a movie.
hell yeah. this was one of my favorite games as a kid. No doubt one of the best star wars games.

jomeara1

« Reply #3139 on: December 21, 2016, 08:34:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
hell yeah. this was one of my favorite games as a kid. No doubt one of the best star wars games.

Even the cheat codes are rad.  I remember I used to put the invisible cheat on and push people off of cliffs or into water falls lol.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #3140 on: December 24, 2016, 06:56:04 PM »
Paused my journey on saints row 4 and just went 100% in Ori and the blind Forest. One of the greatest platform games I ever played, really recommend it to everyone. Seems like an easy game at the first sight but it can be pretty hard and infuriating at times, really satisfying when you pass those parts tho.
Now I'm going to start either firewatch or superhot. Both seem pretty interesting.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #3141 on: December 25, 2016, 08:46:46 PM »
Just beat Half-Life 2 for the first time :/

I only have old consoles, so I'm limited to what little Steam has available for mac

Are Episodes 1 and 2 worth playing?

GinosGroceries

« Reply #3142 on: December 29, 2016, 11:23:42 PM »
Twisted Metal 2. Now the Hong Kong song is stuck in my head.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3143 on: December 30, 2016, 08:26:21 AM »
I've been playing Counter Strike GO and reliving the old days of 1.6 (and 1.5!). I'm still not ready to play online, though... or am I?

Willie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3144 on: January 12, 2017, 10:37:53 AM »
Played Batman Arkham City which was solid, well made game I suppose but just didn't enjoy that much. It had a lot of "stuff" but the main story wasn't great and the side missions felt shoehorned in. The color palette was so flat I had to play half the game in night vision, the brawling was fun until it got annoying, and I hated the rooms of gun guys you needed to take out.

If you like the comics I think that would automatically raise your appreciation 20%.

Finally beat Ikaruga, the polarity flipping shoot em up so I could put my Dreamcast away. Had to resort to playing on easy but I beat it right before unlimited continues were unlocked, which felt like an accomplishment. Really got into that the more I played.

Wife bought me a PS4 so now I'm playing The Last Guardian and Bloodborne.

The interactions with the beast in TLG are really amazing although the actual game and environments haven't been particularly memorable yet. Climb, open door, repeat. Playing this with my kids so it's been slow going.

Bloodborne is infuriating but I can't put it down. It's so frustrating to play for hours and basically account for nothing because you died and can't get back to your souls to save/spend them. I'd also be shit out of luck without being able to consult the Internet for the basics. Still, it has a grip on me.

Pigeon

« Reply #3145 on: January 24, 2017, 03:09:07 PM »
Uncharted 4...it doesn't have me as hyped as the other games in the series. I beat the 3rd one within a day but I play for 10-20 minutes, a couple times a day.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3146 on: February 05, 2017, 04:17:22 PM »
Since I've been messing around with emulators, I decided to right a wrong and beat the best pound-for-pound Final Fantasy game ever... Final Fantasy 3/6 mafia. I actually only beat Final Fantasy 8, as a kid... stopped playing 7 after losing my hard drive on the computer. Chances are that I'll move to another FF game after I'm through, either 9 for the late PS1 flavor, or 5, if I can find a good translation. The soundtrack really gets me everytime... yeah, I'm that kind of guy.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #3147 on: February 07, 2017, 07:30:13 AM »
Playing the newest tomb raider on PS4.

I liked the last one, and this one is good so far, about an hour in. Game looks great but don't they all now a days?

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #3148 on: February 08, 2017, 09:24:05 PM »
I don't play as much but, finally bought Infamous 2
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3149 on: February 11, 2017, 06:32:01 PM »
I decided that I need more hockey in my life (current puck-o-meter status = 0), so I looked up for some hockey games so maybe I could understand the game and maybe be able to nod and smile better, should I ever have a conversation about ice hockey. Piratebay had some old PC hockey game, which didn't really work for me, and NHL 15 for the Xbox 360... the game is fun and I'm absolutely appalled that people actually punch each other in the face and that it's a "thing"! Like a part of the game. Hopefully I'll get the basics soon enough. Gotta put Skate 3 aside and play up.