Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 556288 times)

jomeara1

Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #3150 on: February 14, 2017, 03:47:28 PM »
I just finished Vice City Stories.  Awesome prequel to one of the best video games ever made.

poor alice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #3151 on: February 26, 2017, 10:35:03 AM »
Had to start a new game in GTA V because upon loading up my two year old save-game I found that I had NO clue at all about where to go for missions, how to progress or even if I had any missions left to do. I'm on PS3 and really enjoying it even though I was a little gutted to find out that the First person perspective didn't come to 360/ PS3. Currently gearing up for the first heist in the solo campaign- the only mission I actually remember doing before. I like Micheal's character too, he's a bit of a frustrated dick but so far , as far as GTA protagonists go he's about as likeable as Tommy Vercetti and the VA is on par with Liotta.

Also I need some help.

I bought Command and Conquer: Red Alert and Retaliation because I thought I could load them onto my PsVita, turns out I can't. No big deal- I can just play them on PS3, right? So technically yes I can. But from trying to start both a skirmish and a campaign I've realised that I only ever played these games on PC and I haven't a fuxking clue how to play this on playstation regarding the controls, how to start building, how to farm ore etc. It's so unclear and there's no mannual - making it extra tricky. Anyone with experience of these old games on a ps game pad care to chime in with some help- can't even seem to find a mannual online or even a decent gamefaqs walk through / guide / FAQ. Gnars on offer.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #3152 on: February 26, 2017, 05:05:56 PM »
Had to start a new game in GTA V because upon loading up my two year old save-game I found that I had NO clue at all about where to go for missions, how to progress or even if I had any missions left to do. I'm on PS3 and really enjoying it even though I was a little gutted to find out that the First person perspective didn't come to 360/ PS3. Currently gearing up for the first heist in the solo campaign- the only mission I actually remember doing before. I like Micheal's character too, he's a bit of a frustrated dick but so far , as far as GTA protagonists go he's about as likeable as Tommy Vercetti and the VA is on par with Liotta.

Also I need some help.

I bought Command and Conquer: Red Alert and Retaliation because I thought I could load them onto my PsVita, turns out I can't. No big deal- I can just play them on PS3, right? So technically yes I can. But from trying to start both a skirmish and a campaign I've realised that I only ever played these games on PC and I haven't a fuxking clue how to play this on playstation regarding the controls, how to start building, how to farm ore etc. It's so unclear and there's no mannual - making it extra tricky. Anyone with experience of these old games on a ps game pad care to chime in with some help- can't even seem to find a mannual online or even a decent gamefaqs walk through / guide / FAQ. Gnars on offer.
If you got this off PSN it should have a digital manual. Hit the PS button.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #3153 on: February 27, 2017, 01:37:40 PM »
Expand Quote

Also I need some help.

[close]
If you got this off PSN it should have a digital manual. Hit the PS button.

How did I forget about that. Thanks I'll give it a look when I get some game time tomorrow night.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #3154 on: March 06, 2017, 02:21:59 PM »
now that its optimized and bug free finally sat down with dishonored 2 this weekend and restarted it with Corvo. 

frist time i tried to play i hated emily and all the bugs but now that i went corvo and it got optimized...  holy fuck is it fun.

if any of you had given up on it i highly recommend giving it another try. 
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #3155 on: March 06, 2017, 04:28:44 PM »

So, so good.
you never know about pre-cum 

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #3156 on: March 06, 2017, 10:28:56 PM »
Got Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild and a Nintendo Switch this past weekend. Very impressed with the console, but this game is something else. I don't think I've ever been as captivated and wow'd by a game like this since I was a kid.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3157 on: March 07, 2017, 03:38:55 PM »
Got Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild and a Nintendo Switch this past weekend. Very impressed with the console, but this game is something else. I don't think I've ever been as captivated and wow'd by a game like this since I was a kid.

Need to pick that up but I'm gonna play it out on the Wii U. I keep seeing people complain about the issues with the Nintendo switch

Let us know how it progresses over time

Tenterhooks

• Rep: 112
  • I love you x
    • http://davidgalletly.com avatar image
« Reply #3158 on: March 08, 2017, 05:38:43 AM »
I've been really enjoying Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun. It's an isometric RTS / stealth thing that's very similar to Commandos if anyone played that back in the 90s. You control a small team (scout, heavy, sniper etc) and sneak around picking off guards with combinations of everyone's skills.

"Was I a hero? Maybe to Hero, I was a hero." - Doug Brown

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #3159 on: March 09, 2017, 06:13:06 AM »
I also picked that up in the last week or so - but have only played through the first level so far - I really need stick to one game, or at least plan how I'm going to tackle the backlog I have

(got Zelda on Wii-U this week, and the new ghost recon as well - fuck knows how I'm going to find the time)

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #3160 on: March 10, 2017, 10:55:27 AM »
Plodding my way through Uncharted 4. It's still an amazingly well made game but I got to agree with whoever said the magic is kinda gone.

Started up Red Dead Redemption but haven't gotten anywhere and the initial "Yes Ma'am" conversations are not hooking me in.

Still just want to play Bloodborne most of the time so I went out and bought Demon's Souls. I knew it would be similar but I was surprised to find it almost exactly the same, play-wise.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #3161 on: March 10, 2017, 11:37:57 AM »
Uncharted 4...it doesn't have me as hyped as the other games in the series. I beat the 3rd one within a day but I play for 10-20 minutes, a couple times a day.

Bought the uncharted Collection and finished uncharted 3 on crushing in 2days...the game seriously lost me when he ends up back on shore after that shipwreck

Willie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3162 on: March 11, 2017, 07:21:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Uncharted 4...it doesn't have me as hyped as the other games in the series. I beat the 3rd one within a day but I play for 10-20 minutes, a couple times a day.
[close]

Bought the uncharted Collection and finished uncharted 3 on crushing in 2days...the game seriously lost me when he ends up back on shore after that shipwreck

I remember reading about how the developers had come up with set pieces before the actual game was outlined and then shoehorned them in. It shows. There are some great bits but the flow is just off.

They peaked with #2.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3163 on: March 12, 2017, 05:24:28 PM »
took the old NES out of the garage at my parents' place and have been playing adventure island and super mario 3. also punch out, which I just bought used. unfortunately it's not the tyson edition but it's almost exactly the same game except for tyson's appearance.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #3164 on: March 13, 2017, 03:11:28 PM »
Bought and started Vice City Stories on Vita. Pretty nice as its the only way you can play around in Vice City on a portable.

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #3165 on: March 14, 2017, 09:14:37 AM »

So, so good.

Been thinking about picking this one up

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #3166 on: March 15, 2017, 02:46:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I remember reading about how the developers had come up with set pieces before the actual game was outlined and then shoehorned them in. It shows. There are some great bits but the flow is just off.

They peaked with #2.

thank you!!

Three was waaaay to focused on feeling a like a movie and not nearly enough went into the actual game play.  the level design was more about looking cool than how it actually played.  four felt like a victory lap and a pandering to cos-players and people who like to talk about games more than they play.

two was incredible. the climbing puzzles were a blast.  the plot revealed itself through actual game play

this level was wicked rad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehdPwbssVWw
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #3167 on: March 15, 2017, 02:51:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

They peaked with #2.
[close]

thank you!!

Three was waaaay to focused on feeling a like a movie and not nearly enough went into the actual game play.  the level design was more about looking cool than how it actually played.  four felt like a victory lap and a pandering to cos-players and people who like to talk about games more than they play.

two was incredible. the climbing puzzles were a blast.  the plot revealed itself through actual game play

For real #2 was damn good...especially when you get to the leader/boss (fucking epic how angry dude gets), the puzzles were legit, and i loved the Marco Polo reference.

I will say i loved the Acid trip chapters on #3 tho, besides that the game was trash

Saw #4 at GameStop for $35 and put that shit right back on the shelf ...Probably wont play it till its down to around $15-20
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 02:53:40 PM by Abyss1 »

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #3168 on: March 15, 2017, 03:14:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Need to pick that up but I'm gonna play it out on the Wii U. I keep seeing people complain about the issues with the Nintendo switch

Let us know how it progresses over time

A week and a half in and I've had no issues with my Switch. The two biggest issues issues I've been seeing are syncing issues and the dock scratching the screen, which I believe to be just carelessness. I'm fortunate to have gotten a good launch day console, but Nintendo seems to be aware of these issues and are working on them, which is pretty common for launch systems. But I've put in many hours both docked to my TV and taking it on the go, and both perform very well.

As for Zelda, I don't wanna speak too much from hype alone, but all this time in and it very well may be my favorite open world game. To me it does everything right from the combat, to the incentive to explore, to organically introducing new gameplay mechanics, and of course having a beautiful world. I feel like it's pretty easy to be desensitized to by powerful graphics these days, but the art style is really something else. I often catch myself just wandering and admiring the view without really doing much in the game, which is probably why two weeks in I'm maybe halfway through the main quest. Certainly as a big Zelda buff I'm a bit partial, but this really is a game changer.

pussyclench

« Reply #3169 on: March 16, 2017, 01:22:03 PM »
Project cars. I dont even play video games anymore but I played that for like a hour until I got a solid lap down and will play again. The physics feel like your in the car moving through the map rather than the car being still and the map moving. Very on edge, no forza type fucking around or your gonna spin out and have to start over again. Having not played any other racing sims, shit feels pretty real.

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #3170 on: March 18, 2017, 05:14:40 AM »
Wildlands has been getting me through the last stretch of winter, its pretty fun but I'd wait for a sale.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3171 on: March 21, 2017, 05:30:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

They peaked with #2.
[close]

thank you!!

Three was waaaay to focused on feeling a like a movie and not nearly enough went into the actual game play.  the level design was more about looking cool than how it actually played.  four felt like a victory lap and a pandering to cos-players and people who like to talk about games more than they play.

two was incredible. the climbing puzzles were a blast.  the plot revealed itself through actual game play

[close]

For real #2 was damn good...especially when you get to the leader/boss (fucking epic how angry dude gets), the puzzles were legit, and i loved the Marco Polo reference.

I will say i loved the Acid trip chapters on #3 tho, besides that the game was trash

Saw #4 at GameStop for $35 and put that shit right back on the shelf ...Probably wont play it till its down to around $15-20

Uncharted 2 had so many great moments, I wasn't sure which was going to be in the video. First arriving in Nepal, the rooftops, the train, the village, exploring with Tenzin, getting through those chain gunners, sniping the towers, last boss, etc.

The funny thing was it got lower or same ratings as its predecessor because it was too similar but from this vantage point it's clearly the best.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #3172 on: July 22, 2017, 02:15:45 PM »
Anyone here played Thumper?
It is rock hard and EXCELLENT. Playing it on my new PS4 and I love it.

https://thumpergame.com

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #3173 on: August 23, 2017, 08:09:46 AM »

I didn't have a Snes growing up, so I've been using an emulator, trying to play all the classics.

I've gotten through most of the big platformer-type games, so now I'm moving on to all the RPGs I've always heard people rave about.

Figured "Super Mario RPG" would be an easy starting point. Gonna move on to "Chrono Trigger" after, then work my way through some "Final Fantasy" sequels.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #3174 on: August 23, 2017, 11:26:01 PM »
Meikyuu Jiin Dababa - A Konami Famicom Disk System game. Good action puzzle!

Mighty Bomb Jack. Not a fantastic game but getting this for Christmas as a kid makes it more nostalgic.

Akumajo Densetsu. The music on the Famicom version is so good. Hadn't teamed up with Alucard before and so far he seems pretty useless.

Kabuki Quantum Fighter. A decent Sunsoft/Tecmoesque platformer.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #3175 on: August 24, 2017, 11:24:48 AM »
I hadn't known that, about the music on the Japanese version of Castlevania III.

From wiki:

"The game's audio programmer, Hidenori Maezawa, assisted in the chip's creation. This chip added two extra pulse-wave channels and a saw-wave channel to the system's initial set of five sound channels. The majority of the music combines the channels to imitate the sound of a synthesized string section."

Pretty interesting.

Castlevania was one of my favorite series on the NES, but I felt like the second one tried to do too much, and lost some of what made the first one so great.
The third was a pretty good mixture of the first two, though.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3176 on: August 24, 2017, 12:13:34 PM »
Back on Battlefield 1 on PS4 since there's nothing really out right now. If anyone wants to jump in a fire team with me and some buddies, hit me up.

Waiting on the Horizon: Zero Dawn DLC.

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #3177 on: August 24, 2017, 05:45:09 PM »

I didn't have a Snes growing up, so I've been using an emulator, trying to play all the classics.

I've gotten through most of the big platformer-type games, so now I'm moving on to all the RPGs I've always heard people rave about.

Figured "Super Mario RPG" would be an easy starting point. Gonna move on to "Chrono Trigger" after, then work my way through some "Final Fantasy" sequels.

All solid choices, awesome

BF4>BF1

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #3178 on: August 24, 2017, 10:25:24 PM »
gran turismo 6

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3179 on: August 25, 2017, 12:17:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

All solid choices, awesome

BF4>BF1
I agree but on PS4 those servers are either dead or have rules implemented by a 12 year old with a power trip.