Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 556481 times)

frisco

Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #660 on: November 09, 2008, 01:38:41 PM »
Playing the Killzone 2 beta demo. I'll be getting Cod5 and Resistance 2 next week when they are released here. I'll be getting Fallout 3 aswell when I have spare time to play it.

I dont think I will ever understand how people get betas

im definitely getting the new cod5, the online will be awesome, much a gaming is on the horizon

still need to beat deadspace, resistance 2 and the new cod5 on tuesday, jesus

baxty

« Reply #661 on: November 09, 2008, 01:52:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
just beat resistance 2, anyone down for online tonight?

[close]

damn you beat it already? i would be down but im in calgary, tuesday night though

and i need to play you in nhl, dont play baxty, he'll just leave the game if hes losing
[close]
really frisco really

Search nhl09 on google, everyones having problems with that shit, and now that I play as the ducks you better hope to god you win because I will crush your shit.

Your shits already fucked.
[close]

please, your online records so embarrassing to look at, you have 3 wins and 30 loses or something, not to mention 60 DNF (did not finish)

and 2 of those wins were against me, one of which was won with an own goal

plus you pm me asking me for tips on the game

anyways, my assholeness aside it is fun playing against someone you know, your that much more stoked when you score

Stop caring about your record you big baby.

and Im pretty sure everyone that owns the game would like to do that spin-o-rama, so feel free to tell the world that I wold like to know.

asshole

frisco

« Reply #662 on: November 09, 2008, 01:54:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

damn you beat it already? i would be down but im in calgary, tuesday night though

and i need to play you in nhl, dont play baxty, he'll just leave the game if hes losing
[close]
really frisco really

Search nhl09 on google, everyones having problems with that shit, and now that I play as the ducks you better hope to god you win because I will crush your shit.

[close]

please, your online records so embarrassing to look at, you have 3 wins and 30 loses or something, not to mention 60 DNF (did not finish)

anyways, my assholeness aside it is fun playing against someone you know, your that much more stoked when you score

[close]

and Im pretty sure everyone that owns the game would like to do that spin-o-rama, so feel free to tell the world that I wold like to know.

asshole

haha relax brother, i was just plenty peeved that you left the games you were losing and stayed and finished the ones you were winning, you may have had connection problems i really dont know, just seem way too convenient

I just hate losing at anything

baxty

« Reply #663 on: November 09, 2008, 01:56:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
really frisco really

[close]

[close]

asshole
[close]

haha relax brother, i was just plenty peeved that you left the games you were losing and stayed and finished the ones you were winning, you may have had connection problems i really dont know, just seem way too convenient

I once pushed a semi-regular kid of the jungle gym because he was beating me in a race.

ALT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #664 on: November 09, 2008, 04:25:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Playing the Killzone 2 beta demo. I'll be getting Cod5 and Resistance 2 next week when they are released here. I'll be getting Fallout 3 aswell when I have spare time to play it.
[close]

im definitely getting the new cod5, the online will be awesome, much a gaming is on the horizon

I get betas cus I'm a Sony beta tester, but the one at the moment is a public one where they give the codes to away gaming sites and stuff.

The online for cod5 should be great if its like the last one.

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

« Reply #665 on: November 09, 2008, 08:34:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I get betas cus I'm a Sony beta tester, but the one at the moment is a public one where they give the codes to away gaming sites and stuff.

damn son, ive been trying to get the K2 beta code forever.
got any hook ups man?

frisco

« Reply #666 on: November 09, 2008, 08:46:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

damn son, ive been trying to get the K2 beta code forever.
got any hook ups man?

yea id fucking love one also

guy le douche

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #667 on: November 09, 2008, 11:39:01 PM »
gears of war 2 is hands down one of the best games ive ever played, i cant wait till i have live again.

baxty

« Reply #668 on: November 09, 2008, 11:59:25 PM »
I focused my old ps3 online account and made a new one.

Its baxterbarton.

So if anyone wants to play just tell me your name.

Lumpy Oatmeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • only the classics
« Reply #669 on: November 11, 2008, 12:43:49 PM »

incredible
and yall dont need to be worryin about my rep, if yall really need to know, its cause no other rapper on here gully enough to do the dirt dolo i done
[quote author=drunk link=topic=46570.msg125

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
« Reply #670 on: November 11, 2008, 06:19:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
really frisco really

[close]

[close]

asshole
[close]

[close]
I once pushed a semi-regular kid of the jungle gym because he was beating me in a race.

when I was a kid and I was losing a board game I would just grab the game and flip it and walk off.  Such a spoiled baby. 
do more yoga!

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #671 on: November 11, 2008, 07:23:46 PM »
i would like reviews of:gears of war 2, and the new banjo kazooie game

thanks

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #672 on: November 12, 2008, 04:14:16 PM »

minesweeper.

HoovUCDC

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #673 on: November 12, 2008, 04:45:21 PM »

thanks
didn't play Banjo but i have GOW2

the campaign of Gears 2 is simply amazing.  storyline is messed up (in a good way) and has more to it than the first one.  the campaign is longer than the first.  crapload of new enemies and weapons.

the multiplayer on the other hand i'm very bummed on.  the party system is complete crap, takes forever to find a match usually.  lag is still a pretty big issue. the smoke grenades now violently throw you to the ground if you're close enough to it and by the time you're about to get up the person who through it is standing over you and then kills you.  the bleed out time for execution style games is very long, about 20 seconds and you can't change it like you could in the original game.  you can't pick one specific game mode to play. you get to pick a certain type of game like between Annex style or warzone/execution style.  you have to pick the style and then the party votes on 2 random more specific game type to play.  the same goes for picking which map to play. it will pick two maps at random and then you vote.  the chainsaw is completely overpowered now, if there is someone running at you with it revved you can shoot them all you want but it won't interrupt the revving and you basically have to do your best to avoid it.  the shotgun is less powerful, which really isn't that bad since it was too powerful in the original.  once it finds a team and if people quit out before the match is started it won't even try to balance the team. the match starts as is with uneven teams.  the positives on the online play is the new Horde mode which is real rad.  the Gears version of Capture The Flag is real fun as well.  most of the maps are really good.

overall campaign is the best thing i've probably played. ever.  online play...awful

.....and i'm a nerd, i know.

lenny

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #674 on: November 12, 2008, 04:58:43 PM »

thanks

I got gears 2 the other day, fuckin' sick! i actually didn't play the 1st one, but the new one is great.

marty.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #675 on: November 13, 2008, 08:17:19 PM »
bought 'the orange box'

was starting to think i grew out of videogames cause they all seem to bore me lately, but halflife 2 is pretty fucking great
8)

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #676 on: November 13, 2008, 08:33:25 PM »
bought 'the orange box'

was starting to think i grew out of videogames cause they all seem to bore me lately, but halflife 2 is pretty fucking great
team fortress 2 is really fun. i'd be up to play some, but i'm in the midst of a self imposed video games ban while i get my school applications sorted.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #677 on: November 13, 2008, 08:33:43 PM »
bought 'the orange box'

game is amazing!!! about to go buy that used soon

guy le douche

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #678 on: November 13, 2008, 09:55:10 PM »
i finally made one of those free 1 month xbox live accounts. add me if anyones down to play skate or gears 2- a kook

GhostBusters

• Rep: 55
  • Back off man. I'm a scientist
    • Speedhero avatar image
« Reply #679 on: November 13, 2008, 11:00:47 PM »
Uh? cod5?

guy le douche

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #680 on: November 13, 2008, 11:09:02 PM »
Uh? cod5?
you talkin to me ? i dont have cod

frisco

« Reply #681 on: November 14, 2008, 02:30:24 AM »

Colours are really dull, a lot of greys which I dont like, I'm enjoying the online

Doctor Handsome

« Reply #682 on: November 14, 2008, 09:22:16 AM »

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #683 on: November 14, 2008, 09:58:09 AM »
Kinda pisses me off that Fall comes around and there are so many big releases and yet there's nothing I really feel like getting. Might just have to pick up World at War so I have something to do until Skate 2.

sectachrome

• Rep: 41
« Reply #684 on: November 14, 2008, 12:32:46 PM »
Expand Quote

thanks
[close]
didn't play Banjo but i have GOW2

the campaign of Gears 2 is simply amazing.  storyline is messed up (in a good way) and has more to it than the first one.  the campaign is longer than the first.  crapload of new enemies and weapons.

the multiplayer on the other hand i'm very bummed on.  the party system is complete crap, takes forever to find a match usually.  lag is still a pretty big issue. the smoke grenades now violently throw you to the ground if you're close enough to it and by the time you're about to get up the person who through it is standing over you and then kills you.  the bleed out time for execution style games is very long, about 20 seconds and you can't change it like you could in the original game.  you can't pick one specific game mode to play. you get to pick a certain type of game like between Annex style or warzone/execution style.  you have to pick the style and then the party votes on 2 random more specific game type to play.  the same goes for picking which map to play. it will pick two maps at random and then you vote.  the chainsaw is completely overpowered now, if there is someone running at you with it revved you can shoot them all you want but it won't interrupt the revving and you basically have to do your best to avoid it.  the shotgun is less powerful, which really isn't that bad since it was too powerful in the original.  once it finds a team and if people quit out before the match is started it won't even try to balance the team. the match starts as is with uneven teams.  the positives on the online play is the new Horde mode which is real rad.  the Gears version of Capture The Flag is real fun as well.  most of the maps are really good.

overall campaign is the best thing i've probably played. ever.  online play...awful

.....and i'm a nerd, i know.

YUP.  They pretty much fucked the multiplayer.  I thought they were gonna take a lot of the cheap parts out from the first one and they kind of added more.  Definitely disappointing.  You probably wouldnt care if you didnt play the first one a lot though.  The new campaign is sick.

BriDen

« Reply #685 on: November 14, 2008, 10:31:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Gears Of War 2
[close]

damn i want to play this, but 360's would be way too frustrating to own
[close]
why? the new ones have fixed internals and in just over a week the new front end is launching that has support for hd streaming netflix
[close]

I didnt know that, but having to pay for xbox live, not a whole lot of money but still
[close]

i really don't mind paying the $50 for the 13 month card.  it only comes out to being about $4/month.

Just fyi, it's only $38.99 from Amazon, plus free shipping here.

crailtapper

« Reply #686 on: November 14, 2008, 10:38:03 PM »
mirror's edge. mirror's edge. mirror's edge. mirror's edge. mirror's edge. mirror's edge. mirror's edge. mirror's edge. mirror's edge. mirror's edge. mirror's edge. mirror's edge. mirror's edge. mirror's edge. mirror's edge. mirror's edge. mirror's edge. mirror's edge. mirror's edge. mirror's edge. mirror's edge. mirror's edge. mirror's edge. mirror's edge. mirror's edge. mirror's edge. omfg mirror's edge.

Des Esseintes

• Rep: 21
« Reply #687 on: November 15, 2008, 05:59:32 AM »
Expand Quote
bought 'the orange box'

[close]

Possibly the best game I've ever played.

Not much into hyperbole where games are concerned. Every publication has it's new "best game evar" every year.

But Portal really is the greatest game evar.

Check out Valve's new game Left 4 Dead.

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
« Reply #688 on: November 15, 2008, 07:06:09 AM »
Just finished Fable II.  It's fun but short. Dont' buy, rent.
do more yoga!

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

« Reply #689 on: November 15, 2008, 01:46:04 PM »

Colours are really dull, a lot of greys which I dont like, I'm enjoying the online

This game is so good, i fucking dig the zombie mode.
The only thing is the weapons are super retro, so you gotta have patience with some of em.

Either than that its hella fun.