Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 556197 times)

brooklyn brawler

Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #900 on: January 10, 2009, 09:46:12 AM »
I finally got a new 40" LCD for my room. I was up till sunrise playing Geometry Wars 2 on my 360. My neighbour below me texted me and requested I not play German Techno at such a late hour, because the bass rattles her chandelier.

angryfacedman

« Reply #901 on: January 10, 2009, 03:07:02 PM »
Zelda : Ocarina of Time

best game of all time
Agreed!

max power

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #902 on: January 10, 2009, 03:31:43 PM »
just finished far cry 2 and started the campaign on cod 5.

Doctor Handsome

« Reply #903 on: January 10, 2009, 04:26:52 PM »
How the fuck do I beat the sniper mission on COD4 where you crawl around with McMillan? The part where we're hiding in the field and the guys walk on top of us and start shooting. It's impossible.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #904 on: January 10, 2009, 05:05:18 PM »
How the fuck do I beat the sniper mission on COD4 where you crawl around with McMillan? The part where we're hiding in the field and the guys walk on top of us and start shooting. It's impossible.

i hate that fucking mission. you just have to do it a million times and remember where those guys walk and just find a spot to lay and not move while they walk past
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

tysj!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/tysj avatar image
« Reply #905 on: January 10, 2009, 05:08:37 PM »

I was so pissed at this level for days. The part where you have to wait for the chopper is the worst. Fucking impossible it seemed like. I just spammed nades and mines everywhere and hid in a corner after I stole one of their guns.
LUTZKA SUCKED HIS OWN DICK OFF
NOW HIS PUSSY IS 120 GRIT SOFT
I PEELED THAT NIGGAS SKIN OFF LIKE GRIPTAPE
ALIEN UNDERNEATH, EXPLODED JIZZ IN HIS BITCH'S FACE!

Doctor Handsome

« Reply #906 on: January 10, 2009, 05:23:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i hate that fucking mission. you just have to do it a million times and remember where those guys walk and just find a spot to lay and not move while they walk past

So if I just lay way to the side they won't find me? Won't they still see McMillan though?

frisco

« Reply #907 on: January 10, 2009, 07:56:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

So if I just lay way to the side they won't find me? Won't they still see McMillan though?

the key is not moving, not even with the right analog stick to look around, oddly enough this wasnt the part that I had problems with it was the actual shooting though, took me like 4 times to actually hit him, i thought that mission was dope though

Doctor Handsome

« Reply #908 on: January 10, 2009, 08:20:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

the key is not moving, not even with the right analog stick to look around, oddly enough this wasnt the part that I had problems with it was the actual shooting though, took me like 4 times to actually hit him, i thought that mission was dope though

I just went all the way to the left of the field and they didn't see me. It took me forever though.

dtrigiani

• Rep: 26
  • captain
« Reply #909 on: January 11, 2009, 12:24:40 PM »
I haven't played in a week or so, but the last thing I played was cod4. I was playing cod5 a fair bit and I was alright (1.53 k/d ratio), but I decided to pop cod4 in for a bit. Man, it was soooo easy. In TDM, I got more than 25 kills every game, and only died more than 5 times once (40 kills 13 deaths).

frisco

« Reply #910 on: January 11, 2009, 02:47:23 PM »
I haven't played in a week or so, but the last thing I played was cod4. I was playing cod5 a fair bit and I was alright (1.53 k/d ratio), but I decided to pop cod4 in for a bit. Man, it was soooo easy. In TDM, I got more than 25 kills every game, and only died more than 5 times once (40 kills 13 deaths).

literally the same thing happened to me with the switch over, I find cod5 a lot more difficult to get good streaks going mostly because I dont know the maps as well as in Modern. Nothing beats 3 frag with a silenced p90, guaranteed murking with that class, that or a nice gold AK, its all about having good team mates too, the best guys who play have parties with 5 other really good players, its pretty cheap in a way but so much fun when your on the winning team, pretty much constant UAV

Even when Killzone 2 comes out I will most likely still consider COD4 to be the best shooter i've ever played

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

« Reply #911 on: January 11, 2009, 08:13:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

literally the same thing happened to me with the switch over, I find cod5 a lot more difficult to get good streaks going mostly because I dont know the maps as well as in Modern. Nothing beats 3 frag with a silenced p90, guaranteed murking with that class, that or a nice gold AK, its all about having good team mates too, the best guys who play have parties with 5 other really good players, its pretty cheap in a way but so much fun when your on the winning team, pretty much constant UAV

Even when Killzone 2 comes out I will most likely still consider COD4 to be the best shooter i've ever played

True to that.
But Killzone 2 will melt your face off.
Its gonna be epic!
Iam hyped on the fact that you dont have to go to the lobby anymore to change game modes, you can just do that in-game.
JUICED!

nice weather

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 533
« Reply #912 on: January 12, 2009, 07:00:23 AM »
played Bioshock and sucked so bad at it. I am getting less and less confident that I'd survive the zombocalypse.

frisco

« Reply #913 on: January 12, 2009, 07:52:52 AM »
Mirrors Edge

I was really diggin the first person view of the demo and decided to rent it, do not buy this game, there is no multiplayer and no online, definitely worth a rent though, pretty fun

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #914 on: January 12, 2009, 02:07:53 PM »
I'm into zelda phantom hourglass now. It's the sequel from the wind waker.

Such a fun game.
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #915 on: January 12, 2009, 03:19:30 PM »

im so glad i have one of the rare full backwards compatable ps3s
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

redrum

• Rep: 12
« Reply #916 on: January 12, 2009, 06:42:40 PM »

I had never played a Wii until last weekend, and won't buy one, but this kills the fuck out of your arms after a while. kinda fun though.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #917 on: January 12, 2009, 06:54:24 PM »

I had never played a Wii until last weekend, and won't buy one, but this kills the fuck out of your arms after a while. kinda fun though.

ive had one since they came out and played a ton of games for it and i can say that wii sports is the only slightly good game for the wii. and resident evil 4.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #918 on: January 12, 2009, 06:58:18 PM »
Mirrors Edge

I was really diggin the first person view of the demo and decided to rent it, do not buy this game, there is no multiplayer and no online, definitely worth a rent though, pretty fun
I agree I borrowed it off a friend, its a good game but not something worth buying

Doctor Handsome

« Reply #919 on: January 12, 2009, 07:55:57 PM »

Dick.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #920 on: January 12, 2009, 07:58:59 PM »
Fallout 3. Definitely not my kind of game and I really hate the shooting outside of the VATS thing, but somehow it still devoured my entire day today.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • tiger style
« Reply #921 on: January 13, 2009, 05:53:35 AM »
Fallout 3. Definitely not my kind of game and I really hate the shooting outside of the VATS thing, but somehow it still devoured my entire day today.

i just tried it and couldn't get into it. way too much talking and way too little violence for my taste.

then i rented dead space, oh shit, this is my kind of game. straight into the ass whipping and when you shoot the monsters their limbs come flying off. straight gnar.

[img]http://thegamereviews.com/images/uploads/20080829_Dead_Space_01.jpg[/im]

frisco

« Reply #922 on: January 13, 2009, 06:08:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i just tried it and couldn't get into it. way too much talking and way too little violence for my taste.

then i rented dead space, oh shit, this is my kind of game. straight into the ass whipping and when you shoot the monsters their limbs come flying off. straight gnar.

Im 100% with you there, dead space was one of my favourite games of the year, great graphics and super intense gameplay, fallout 3 is like one big chore, lots of walking and finding keys and rocks and stuff trying to save some post apocalyptic town, i got out of the bunker and turned it off

I've been replaying God of War 2 and fucking love it, turned on the PS2 upscaler, widescreen and progressive scan and the game looks amazing

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • tiger style
« Reply #923 on: January 13, 2009, 07:14:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Im 100% with you there, dead space was one of my favourite games of the year, great graphics and super intense gameplay, fallout 3 is like one big chore, lots of walking and finding keys and rocks and stuff trying to save some post apocalyptic town, i got out of the bunker and turned it off

I've been replaying God of War 2 and fucking love it, turned on the PS2 upscaler, widescreen and progressive scan and the game looks amazing

sounds like we like the same kind of stuff. GOW II is probably my all time favorite game. one of the rare games that I went back and played through on the hardest level. and i think the first level of that game is the best level of all time, just epic. have you seen the trailers for GOW III? it looks so sick, definitely hyped.

you should check out uncharted: drakes fortune if you haven't. it's not as gnar but definitely same kind of 3rd person arcade game except without bosses.

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #924 on: January 13, 2009, 09:05:45 AM »
I got this for christmas from my brother-in-law but only started playing it last week:

After just finishing Gears of War this game seemed so slow and boring at first, but once you into the stealth mindset, holy shit it's so awesome.  The game is very linear, and the controls aren't the greatest, but damn, i'm super into the story and everything.  I highly recommend it. I always see it in the 15 dollar bins at game stores.  Definitely worth buying for that price.

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

« Reply #925 on: January 13, 2009, 03:32:47 PM »

so true!
did you know you could sell those for up to a $1000?
look it up on ebay.
I got the classic 60 gig model.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #926 on: January 13, 2009, 04:39:29 PM »
Played the storyline of Gears of War 2 and then a bunch of the Horde online were wave after wave of locusts attack.

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #927 on: January 14, 2009, 08:33:58 AM »
i loved those lucasarts games, monkey island, full throttle, indiana jonese + the fate of atlantis, sam and max hit the road, day of the tenticle, grim fandango. no combat in any of those games and they are some of the greatest games of all time... i have never met anyone who had anything bad to say about any of those games.

oh man, those are still my favorite games of all time as well.  I got this thing for mac called SCUMMVM that lets you replay all those old lucas arts games.   Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle and THE DIG were my favorites.   BUt the first 3 monkey Islands were money in the bank too.  To bad they don't make those kinda games anymore.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #928 on: January 14, 2009, 08:36:08 AM »
Expand Quote
i loved those lucasarts games, monkey island, full throttle, indiana jonese + the fate of atlantis, sam and max hit the road, day of the tenticle, grim fandango. no combat in any of those games and they are some of the greatest games of all time... i have never met anyone who had anything bad to say about any of those games.

[close]

oh man, those are still my favorite games of all time as well.  I got this thing for mac called SCUMMVM that lets you replay all those old lucas arts games.   Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle and THE DIG were my favorites.   BUt the first 3 monkey Islands were money in the bank too.  To bad they don't make those kinda games anymore.
i'm pretty sure they are making broken sword for the ds

sweatloaf

« Reply #929 on: January 14, 2009, 09:01:06 AM »
I bought this little game system for $200 at the flea market. It's just a controller that plugs into the TV and has like 100 games. A lot of them are pretty lame, but Super MArio bros. and Tetris are super addicting.