Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 312836 times)

jesus0nvi4gra

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
  • #beatitup
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #1230 on: March 09, 2009, 01:24:08 AM »
sounds like a rent, my girlfriend bought me the first one randomly and I returned it for a controller haha, theyre good games but it just seems like another generic shooter, I just beat the Killzone 2 campaign, pretty short, I want to try it again on the hardest difficulty

I still need to beat the Metal Gear campaign, Resistance 2 campaign and GTA4, Im so bad with them I usually just play for the online

Resistance 2 campaign is terrible.  Seriously, biggest disapointment of any game last year.  I finally picked up Killzone so I'm down to play some online, I haven't been into a shooter since I quit COD4.  I really wanna pick up SFIV but I'm not sure I can spend the money now.  Anyone here have it?

And Gest, time to pick up a 360 if you don't have one, shit's are cheap, and even a hardcore Nintendo fan has to be extremely disappointed with the Wii in the past year.  Madworld looks awesome, and theres a few things coming up, but overall its just drowning in family party game hell.  Hopefully MotionPlus will actually bring motion control to its real promised potential with some real 1-to-1 controls.

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
  • Lord Ganesha
« Reply #1231 on: March 09, 2009, 03:27:42 AM »
Fuck it all, my xbox 360 broke again (3rd time in a month) and the one person in Korea I can find who fixes them said he can't fix it this time.  I'm buying a PS3 cause they are region-free so I can use it when I go back to the USA.  I'll eventually buy another 360 in a few months but I've officially jumped ship.  I'll post my network name when I get it so I can have some people to play killzone with or something
do more yoga!

frisco

« Reply #1232 on: March 09, 2009, 03:59:53 AM »
Fuck it all, my xbox 360 broke again (3rd time in a month) and the one person in Korea I can find who fixes them said he can't fix it this time.  I'm buying a PS3 cause they are region-free so I can use it when I go back to the USA.  I'll eventually buy another 360 in a few months but I've officially jumped ship.  I'll post my network name when I get it so I can have some people to play killzone with or something

youve made a good choice, Im pretty confident that you wont switch back once you get used to the controller and the bonus of free online, blu ray player, killzone2, metal gear solid 4, unless you already have a shitload of 360 games the only real benefit of switching back is halo and gears of war

jesus0nvi4gra

• SLAP Pal
  • #beatitup
« Reply #1233 on: March 09, 2009, 01:20:02 PM »

youve made a good choice, Im pretty confident that you wont switch back once you get used to the controller and the bonus of free online, blu ray player, killzone2, metal gear solid 4, unless you already have a shitload of 360 games the only real benefit of switching back is halo and gears of war

Eh, I mean I love my PS3, don't get me wrong, its benefits as a media player are awesome, but the online system and community are complete shit compared to LIVE.  HOME was a complete bust and they still aren't close to parity with LIVE's features.  This is coming from someone who sold a 360 to get a PS3 because of the RROD. 

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #1234 on: March 09, 2009, 02:58:36 PM »
I haven't been playing for the past few weeks from being busy, and I finally logged on.

My inbox was full of voice mail.

"Hey faggit. Quit beating off and fight in street fighter."

"Go buy Call of Duty 5 already, you cheap fuck."

"Why you so scared to fight me in Street Fighter?"

"There's a reason we won't invite you to our clan."

Live is awesome and all, but this is reason for the PS3.

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 435
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #1235 on: March 09, 2009, 03:53:12 PM »
cod4 with some of the homies. they just got the killhouse level. shits awesome

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
  • Lord Ganesha
« Reply #1236 on: March 09, 2009, 06:52:59 PM »
OK so I got a PS3, name Bosley_Jr 
I bought Uncharted, I couldnt' find Killzone.
So far I like the PS3 ok, but I don't like the controller, it's too light and flimsy, where the 360 controller had some substance to it.
My system is white too, which is wierd cause I've only seen black before, I think I got a Japanese one. 
Whatever though, I'm eventually gonna get another 360 cause I have a shitload of games, I'll probably only buy PS exclusives for my PS3.
do more yoga!

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #1237 on: March 09, 2009, 07:12:45 PM »
booooooooooooo spungo. get the 360 back
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

« Reply #1238 on: March 09, 2009, 07:25:43 PM »
OK so I got a PS3, name Bosley_Jr 
I bought Uncharted, I couldnt' find Killzone.
So far I like the PS3 ok, but I don't like the controller, it's too light and flimsy, where the 360 controller had some substance to it.
My system is white too, which is wierd cause I've only seen black before, I think I got a Japanese one. 
Whatever though, I'm eventually gonna get another 360 cause I have a shitload of games, I'll probably only buy PS exclusives for my PS3.

games to get for the PS3 are MGS4, Killzone 2, and Skate 2. Also Warhawk is cheap at psn store, if your into the whole MP aspect.

Scrapegoat

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1239 on: March 09, 2009, 07:33:12 PM »
Half-life 1. 1998 steez. By myself On PC with no internet...with a trackball mouse. Be jealous.

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #1240 on: March 09, 2009, 08:47:22 PM »
Christ, I almost impulse bought a PS3 today.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 366
« Reply #1241 on: March 09, 2009, 09:13:24 PM »
this is going to be the best game ever made http://ps3.ign.com/articles/960/960404p1.html
there are going to be two co-op modes for Ghostbusters: The Video Game. Instant Action allows players to just jump in and start busting ghosts where Campaign Mode will set you up in one of the four multiplayer environments -- library, streets, cemetery, and museum -- and have you bust ghosts to earn money for equipment upgrades.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Doctor Handsome

« Reply #1242 on: March 09, 2009, 09:18:26 PM »

You wouldn't have regretted it.

Gest

« Reply #1243 on: March 09, 2009, 09:35:46 PM »
this is going to be the best game ever made http://ps3.ign.com/articles/960/960404p1.html
there are going to be two co-op modes for Ghostbusters: The Video Game. Instant Action allows players to just jump in and start busting ghosts where Campaign Mode will set you up in one of the four multiplayer environments -- library, streets, cemetery, and museum -- and have you bust ghosts to earn money for equipment upgrades.

i own ghostbusters for nes.. seriously not a fun game, and the only impression i have for an ghostbusters game. fortunately i hear lots of good things about this.

ALMOST A WEEK UNTIL GTA DS

frisco

« Reply #1244 on: March 09, 2009, 09:48:03 PM »

i own ghostbusters for nes.. seriously not a fun game, and the only impression i have for an ghostbusters game. fortunately i hear lots of good things about this.

ALMOST A WEEK UNTIL GTA DS

um what, how did i sleep on this, gta for the ds, oh my god

Gest

« Reply #1245 on: March 09, 2009, 09:49:55 PM »
chinatown wars. above(ish) view to kind of resemble the first two gtas but the gameplay is more similar to the newer, more recognizable ones. AND ITS CEL SHADED

gta on the fuckin ds, BUY THIS AND SUPPORT YOUR GAMING COMPANY

VeganShawn

« Reply #1246 on: March 09, 2009, 09:58:54 PM »
god  I miss my xbox. Im still waiting on the box to ship it back in for a refurbished one, fucking red light.

I have been spending way too much time  on world  of warcraft.  thats right I said it.

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #1247 on: March 09, 2009, 10:22:09 PM »

You wouldn't have regretted it.

Owning a 360 and a PS3 makes no sense to me. I would just look at them every day and think "Chris, you're a fucking retard with your VISA."

jesus0nvi4gra

• SLAP Pal
  • #beatitup
« Reply #1248 on: March 09, 2009, 11:01:10 PM »
PS3 is supposed to get a price drop in the month or two.  Anyone thinking of buying one just a wait a sec.  299$ for a new PS3 is a sweet deal.

iwshilvdnfinland

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -106
« Reply #1249 on: March 09, 2009, 11:08:58 PM »
fuck a PS3.

have fun with like 10 good games that you couldn't already get on Xbox.

Chris, MOD THAT XBOX.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -22
« Reply #1250 on: March 10, 2009, 04:55:38 AM »
god  I miss my xbox. Im still waiting on the box to ship it back in for a refurbished one, fucking red light.

I have been spending way too much time  on world  of warcraft.  thats right I said it.

fuck yeah what server you play on?

just got wrath last week, level 75 paladin (puppetpals) on blackrock

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • reptiles
« Reply #1251 on: March 10, 2009, 09:39:41 AM »
fuck a PS3.

Chris, MOD THAT XBOX.

i hate the ps3 vs xbox wars nonsense but seriously if you're thinking about buying an xbox last i heard i think they had a 75% fail rate. that's a stupid purchase.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
« Reply #1252 on: March 10, 2009, 09:50:47 AM »
fuck a PS3.

Chris, MOD THAT XBOX.

i hate the ps3 vs xbox wars nonsense but seriously if you're thinking about buying an xbox last i heard i think they had a 75% fail rate. that's a stupid purchase.

my xbox has been working great for over a year

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #1253 on: March 10, 2009, 11:48:11 AM »
My 360's been gold as a media player and no RROD.

If I'm spending $200 on a Blu Ray player, I might as well get the PS3.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 630
« Reply #1254 on: March 10, 2009, 11:50:31 AM »
fuck a PS3.

Chris, MOD THAT XBOX.

if you got one after about christmas they have updated the internals and the rrod isn't an issue anymore.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #1255 on: March 10, 2009, 11:53:36 AM »
fuck a PS3.

Chris, MOD THAT XBOX.

if you got one after about christmas they have updated the internals and the rrod isn't an issue anymore.

Should have happened years ago, but whatever mine's been red ring free for the whole 3 or 4 years I've had it.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #1256 on: March 10, 2009, 12:00:48 PM »
this game.
http://novelconcepts.co.uk/FlashElementTD/
its so simple yet addictive.

VeganShawn

« Reply #1257 on: March 10, 2009, 01:11:46 PM »

fuck yeah what server you play on?

just got wrath last week, level 75 paladin (puppetpals) on blackrock

Im pretty new, grinding some shit on galakrond

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

« Reply #1258 on: March 10, 2009, 01:18:06 PM »
fuck a PS3.

Chris, MOD THAT XBOX.

Id rather buy a+ games than owning a ton of garbage.
Plus we dont have to pay to play online. Yes you get all the cool demos before we do, but patience is a virtue.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 630
« Reply #1259 on: March 10, 2009, 01:25:36 PM »
Id rather buy a+ games than owning a ton of garbage.
Plus we dont have to pay to play online. Yes you get all the cool demos before we do, but patience is a virtue.
you forgot about the ps3's consistently inferior ports, the now crippled backwards compatibility and that there are only four games available now that make it worth owing if you already have an xbox.