Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 311397 times)

RaunchyKid

Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #1770 on: July 13, 2009, 08:42:57 PM »
I just got a PS3 and was wondering if anyone played "Little Big Planet." I know it sounds lame as fuck but it has good ratings and it came with the console. So, if anyone could tell me iif the game is good or etc., I would appreciate that. Thanks, in advance.

ive always been interested to see what its like, ive never tried it, and i sure as hell wont pay 60 bucks for it

I got LBP of craigslist for super cheap.
The game is fun, think of it like a 3D mario, and you can create your levels.
I recommend it if you have a gf.

I just got house of the dead 2&3.
So far its fun!
I got mine for free because it came with my PS3. I'm somewhat pissed about how Sony reduced the amount of USB ports from  four to two. Anyway, I played it and it's pretty fun. But, it's more of a party game, like other people stated. However, I only have two controllers. And, one of them is a Guitar Hero controller. I just bought a Zig Zagger and I want some beer...maybe next month.

spare change

« Reply #1771 on: July 13, 2009, 10:15:47 PM »
I dug my nintendo 64 out yesterday and I've been playing wwf no mercy non stop.
why does every wrestling game thats come out after suck ball sacks so bad?
Youre just randomly punching and theres no defined grapple moves, i wasted so much money on a few xbox 360 releases.
pissed.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 366
« Reply #1772 on: July 13, 2009, 11:53:38 PM »

this is going to be fucking awesome.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

frisco

« Reply #1773 on: July 14, 2009, 12:10:08 AM »
Jesus, night vision goggles

Getting so hyped for this game, need to see more gameplay, level and gun design

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #1774 on: July 14, 2009, 03:46:05 AM »
It's going to be nice when Modern Warfare 2 comes out, I'm craving a new good shooter.
I've been playing Far Cry 2 cause my buddy just gave it to me, it's frustrating how promising the game is and how it just doesn't really deliver. It's decent fun though.

frisco

« Reply #1775 on: July 14, 2009, 03:54:20 AM »
It's going to be nice when Modern Warfare 2 comes out, I'm craving a new good shooter.
I've been playing Far Cry 2 cause my buddy just gave it to me, it's frustrating how promising the game is and how it just doesn't really deliver. It's decent fun though.

fuck i feel the same way, everything about the game graphics wise is "soft", the first time i turned it on i thought it was a joke of somekind, that and the fucking tedious amounts of travel you need to do, if you dont have a car your so fucked

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #1776 on: July 14, 2009, 04:01:38 AM »
until I actually buy a game that wasn't included in ły box

I actually had fun playing that R&C game, hahaha

RaunchyKid

« Reply #1777 on: July 15, 2009, 07:29:05 AM »
When, I turn on my PS3, it is on at 1080p. When, I'm playing a game, it is at 720p, which is the resolution of my games. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could tell me how to upscale my PS3 games to 1080p.

However, I have read somewhere that it is best to leave it at the current resolution, instead of upscaling it. Is there any truth to that statement? If so, I guess I'll play my games in 720p.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 07:30:59 AM by RaunchyKid »

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1778 on: July 15, 2009, 07:33:53 AM »
i actually found that playing it on 720p is usually a lot cleaner. what kind of tv are you using and what size?
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

RaunchyKid

« Reply #1779 on: July 15, 2009, 07:37:55 AM »
46" Sony

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1780 on: July 15, 2009, 07:58:29 AM »
well your tv is for sure going to want to pump out 1080 so i would say go to display settings and go through the manual set up steps and check off 1080 if you havent already, and if its still switching over it probably is just the game software doing it at that point. i guess its just a game to game type thing. im still drunk so im not too helpful, but youre friendly.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

« Reply #1781 on: July 15, 2009, 10:08:44 AM »
well your tv is for sure going to want to pump out 1080 so i would say go to display settings and go through the manual set up steps and check off 1080 if you havent already, and if its still switching over it probably is just the game software doing it at that point. i guess its just a game to game type thing. im still drunk so im not too helpful, but youre friendly.

were you just hitting on him?
hehe

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1782 on: July 15, 2009, 10:56:56 AM »
it was much more than hitting on him, i was ready to S his D and B a N on his T's.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

RaunchyKid

« Reply #1783 on: July 15, 2009, 11:17:36 AM »
You were drunk so it doesn't matter. And, I thought you were talking about my Sony being TV-friendly.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #1784 on: July 15, 2009, 01:14:55 PM »

fuck i feel the same way, everything about the game graphics wise is "soft", the first time i turned it on i thought it was a joke of somekind, that and the fucking tedious amounts of travel you need to do, if you dont have a car your so fucked

I think there's a way to do travel right, but I don't fully understand how. I didn't mind walking places in Fallout 3, something about being in a giant wasteland made for a good kind of tension. But in Far Cry going anywhere is just a pain. Every vehicle handles like a bathtub and having to worry about guardposts and random fucking jeep assaults is just counterintuitive. It was a simple enough concept, just make a more tactical version of Mercenaries in Africa, but somehow they fucked it up.

Thankfully I rediscovered my copy of Dirt, love that game.

frisco

« Reply #1785 on: July 15, 2009, 01:56:47 PM »
When, I turn on my PS3, it is on at 1080p. When, I'm playing a game, it is at 720p, which is the resolution of my games. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could tell me how to upscale my PS3 games to 1080p.

However, I have read somewhere that it is best to leave it at the current resolution, instead of upscaling it. Is there any truth to that statement? If so, I guess I'll play my games in 720p.

Not all games are 1080p, in fact, very few games actually display full 1080p, playstation exclusives are mostly the only games that can support it, GTA4, Killzone 2, Call of Duty 4 and 5, Metal Gear Solid, Skate 2 is 1080i

If you want to change it go to your settings, then your playstation display settings, from there you can select your output, you need HDMI cables to get full 1080p display, component cables wont get you 1080p even if the game displays it

But like Guile said, a lot of game developers design their games to run smoother and look better at 720p, so if you have the hdmi cables, your system is all hooked up right display wise and it still switches to 720p, better off to just leave it

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 435
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #1786 on: July 15, 2009, 02:14:51 PM »
cleaned house playin my roommate and his gf in wii golf. -2 final score. Hells yes.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

FACE!

« Reply #1787 on: July 15, 2009, 04:40:54 PM »
my dad bought a 360 elite value pack, cuz i got red ringed  6 months ago, we played lego indiana jones, its better than it sounds

gamertag: O00O00O0O0000O0

nocomply

• Rep: 146
  • Handsome
« Reply #1788 on: July 15, 2009, 07:09:27 PM »
Wii Punch Out. I got to the final guy (Mr Sandman) tonight. He smoked me in under 45 seconds.  The game is pretty fun but it's also pretty easy.

RaunchyKid

« Reply #1789 on: July 15, 2009, 07:16:24 PM »

Not all games are 1080p, in fact, very few games actually display full 1080p, playstation exclusives are mostly the only games that can support it, GTA4, Killzone 2, Call of Duty 4 and 5, Metal Gear Solid, Skate 2 is 1080i

If you want to change it go to your settings, then your playstation display settings, from there you can select your output, you need HDMI cables to get full 1080p display, component cables wont get you 1080p even if the game displays it

But like Guile said, a lot of game developers design their games to run smoother and look better at 720p, so if you have the hdmi cables, your system is all hooked up right display wise and it still switches to 720p, better off to just leave it
I have an HDMI cable. I didn't change the settings. I guess I'll let it run at 720p, then. Thanks, Guile and frisco.

frisco

« Reply #1790 on: July 15, 2009, 10:51:29 PM »

I have an HDMI cable. I didn't change the settings. I guess I'll let it run at 720p, then. Thanks, Guile and frisco.

well if you have an hdmi cable, dont settle for 720 if you can get 1080, depends on the game your trying to run, what games are you playing, little big planet right? i dont know if its 1080p or not, your post reminded me to check my settings and i fucked around with some things on my display, changing the RGB from limited to full but it just "crushed" my blacks giving my colour a richer look but I didnt like it

go to your "display settings" on your playstation XMB menu (all the icons), then select HDMI as your output and select 1080p as your highest output

your ps3 will automatically run at 720p if thats the max the game runs

RaunchyKid

« Reply #1791 on: July 16, 2009, 02:23:47 PM »

well if you have an hdmi cable, dont settle for 720 if you can get 1080, depends on the game your trying to run, what games are you playing, little big planet right? i dont know if its 1080p or not, your post reminded me to check my settings and i fucked around with some things on my display, changing the RGB from limited to full but it just "crushed" my blacks giving my colour a richer look but I didnt like it

go to your "display settings" on your playstation XMB menu (all the icons), then select HDMI as your output and select 1080p as your highest output

your ps3 will automatically run at 720p if thats the max the game runs
Any Blu-ray movies play at 1080p so there isn't anything wrong with my settings, I guess.

I fucked with the settings, anyway, so only 1080p was checked. 480p was automatically checked by default. When I played a game, it would go to 480p. I restored the settings and my games play at 720p.

I have "LittleBigPlanet" and "Guitar Hero III," which are both 720p games. I'll probably get two more games by the end of the month.

frisco

« Reply #1792 on: July 16, 2009, 04:36:21 PM »
I wouldnt even know what to recommended, modern warfare 2 is so close no point in getting the first one, get skate 2 

RaunchyKid

« Reply #1793 on: July 16, 2009, 04:45:05 PM »
I wouldnt even know what to recommended, modern warfare 2 is so close no point in getting the first one, get skate 2 

I'll probably end up getting my stuff from Amazon, which limits the selection. My checking account is rather low and I don't think it's wise to spend $100 on two games.

Skate is available for $20 through Amazon.

It's kind of hard to recommend a game to me unless you know what I really like. I'm not into violent games anymore, which makes it hard for anyone to recommend me a game.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #1794 on: July 17, 2009, 04:08:21 AM »

some dude wanted to sell it but the box was missing, so got it for 10 bucks
so far I'm still enjoying it

frisco

« Reply #1795 on: July 17, 2009, 04:55:43 AM »
^ I beat that whole game again last week, its fucking sick, just wish it was longer, hope they make another one like it

RaunchyKid

« Reply #1796 on: July 17, 2009, 03:48:16 PM »
For anyone who has a PS3:
Go to Best Buy. I'm not sure if this may be a regional thing but there's a little "Buy 2, Get 1 Free," sale going on.  The games on the rack are either $20 or $40.

Also, Amazon has some good deals on games, so you might want to check it out. You get free shipping if your cart is $25+. If you're under that, you can pick up another game, some headphones, movies, or whatever else you can find.

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Bundle ($30)

frisco

« Reply #1797 on: July 17, 2009, 04:09:52 PM »
^ damn you bummed me out, its PS2 games, not ps3, you should pick up god of war 2 though that game is sick as fuck

RaunchyKid

« Reply #1798 on: July 17, 2009, 04:16:30 PM »
Sorry. I guess it's a regional thing, then. But, it was also for Wii and 360 games.
If you were talking about GHIII, it is $30

But, would you recommend Tony Hawk's Project 8 or Tony Hawk Proving Ground?

I am also considering Guitar Hero: Aerosmith if those Tony Hawk games suck.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 04:25:52 PM by RaunchyKid »

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 630
« Reply #1799 on: July 17, 2009, 04:59:00 PM »
But, would you recommend Tony Hawk's Project 8 or Tony Hawk Proving Ground?
if you're gonna sink that low, just get skate 1. it's probably like 10 dollars now at gamestop