Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 555679 times)

Mooley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #1710 on: July 15, 2009, 01:14:55 PM »
Expand Quote
It's going to be nice when Modern Warfare 2 comes out, I'm craving a new good shooter.
I've been playing Far Cry 2 cause my buddy just gave it to me, it's frustrating how promising the game is and how it just doesn't really deliver. It's decent fun though.
[close]

fuck i feel the same way, everything about the game graphics wise is "soft", the first time i turned it on i thought it was a joke of somekind, that and the fucking tedious amounts of travel you need to do, if you dont have a car your so fucked

I think there's a way to do travel right, but I don't fully understand how. I didn't mind walking places in Fallout 3, something about being in a giant wasteland made for a good kind of tension. But in Far Cry going anywhere is just a pain. Every vehicle handles like a bathtub and having to worry about guardposts and random fucking jeep assaults is just counterintuitive. It was a simple enough concept, just make a more tactical version of Mercenaries in Africa, but somehow they fucked it up.

Thankfully I rediscovered my copy of Dirt, love that game.

frisco

« Reply #1711 on: July 15, 2009, 01:56:47 PM »
When, I turn on my PS3, it is on at 1080p. When, I'm playing a game, it is at 720p, which is the resolution of my games. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could tell me how to upscale my PS3 games to 1080p.

However, I have read somewhere that it is best to leave it at the current resolution, instead of upscaling it. Is there any truth to that statement? If so, I guess I'll play my games in 720p.

Not all games are 1080p, in fact, very few games actually display full 1080p, playstation exclusives are mostly the only games that can support it, GTA4, Killzone 2, Call of Duty 4 and 5, Metal Gear Solid, Skate 2 is 1080i

If you want to change it go to your settings, then your playstation display settings, from there you can select your output, you need HDMI cables to get full 1080p display, component cables wont get you 1080p even if the game displays it

But like Guile said, a lot of game developers design their games to run smoother and look better at 720p, so if you have the hdmi cables, your system is all hooked up right display wise and it still switches to 720p, better off to just leave it

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #1712 on: July 15, 2009, 02:14:51 PM »
cleaned house playin my roommate and his gf in wii golf. -2 final score. Hells yes.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

FACE!

« Reply #1713 on: July 15, 2009, 04:40:54 PM »
my dad bought a 360 elite value pack, cuz i got red ringed  6 months ago, we played lego indiana jones, its better than it sounds

gamertag: O00O00O0O0000O0

nocomply

• Rep: 147
  • Handsome
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1714 on: July 15, 2009, 07:09:27 PM »
Wii Punch Out. I got to the final guy (Mr Sandman) tonight. He smoked me in under 45 seconds.  The game is pretty fun but it's also pretty easy.

RaunchyKid

« Reply #1715 on: July 15, 2009, 07:16:24 PM »
Expand Quote
When, I turn on my PS3, it is on at 1080p. When, I'm playing a game, it is at 720p, which is the resolution of my games. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could tell me how to upscale my PS3 games to 1080p.

However, I have read somewhere that it is best to leave it at the current resolution, instead of upscaling it. Is there any truth to that statement? If so, I guess I'll play my games in 720p.
[close]

Not all games are 1080p, in fact, very few games actually display full 1080p, playstation exclusives are mostly the only games that can support it, GTA4, Killzone 2, Call of Duty 4 and 5, Metal Gear Solid, Skate 2 is 1080i

If you want to change it go to your settings, then your playstation display settings, from there you can select your output, you need HDMI cables to get full 1080p display, component cables wont get you 1080p even if the game displays it

But like Guile said, a lot of game developers design their games to run smoother and look better at 720p, so if you have the hdmi cables, your system is all hooked up right display wise and it still switches to 720p, better off to just leave it
I have an HDMI cable. I didn't change the settings. I guess I'll let it run at 720p, then. Thanks, Guile and frisco.

frisco

« Reply #1716 on: July 15, 2009, 10:51:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I have an HDMI cable. I didn't change the settings. I guess I'll let it run at 720p, then. Thanks, Guile and frisco.

well if you have an hdmi cable, dont settle for 720 if you can get 1080, depends on the game your trying to run, what games are you playing, little big planet right? i dont know if its 1080p or not, your post reminded me to check my settings and i fucked around with some things on my display, changing the RGB from limited to full but it just "crushed" my blacks giving my colour a richer look but I didnt like it

go to your "display settings" on your playstation XMB menu (all the icons), then select HDMI as your output and select 1080p as your highest output

your ps3 will automatically run at 720p if thats the max the game runs

RaunchyKid

« Reply #1717 on: July 16, 2009, 02:23:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

well if you have an hdmi cable, dont settle for 720 if you can get 1080, depends on the game your trying to run, what games are you playing, little big planet right? i dont know if its 1080p or not, your post reminded me to check my settings and i fucked around with some things on my display, changing the RGB from limited to full but it just "crushed" my blacks giving my colour a richer look but I didnt like it

go to your "display settings" on your playstation XMB menu (all the icons), then select HDMI as your output and select 1080p as your highest output

your ps3 will automatically run at 720p if thats the max the game runs
Any Blu-ray movies play at 1080p so there isn't anything wrong with my settings, I guess.

I fucked with the settings, anyway, so only 1080p was checked. 480p was automatically checked by default. When I played a game, it would go to 480p. I restored the settings and my games play at 720p.

I have "LittleBigPlanet" and "Guitar Hero III," which are both 720p games. I'll probably get two more games by the end of the month.

frisco

« Reply #1718 on: July 16, 2009, 04:36:21 PM »
I wouldnt even know what to recommended, modern warfare 2 is so close no point in getting the first one, get skate 2 

RaunchyKid

« Reply #1719 on: July 16, 2009, 04:45:05 PM »
I wouldnt even know what to recommended, modern warfare 2 is so close no point in getting the first one, get skate 2 

I'll probably end up getting my stuff from Amazon, which limits the selection. My checking account is rather low and I don't think it's wise to spend $100 on two games.

Skate is available for $20 through Amazon.

It's kind of hard to recommend a game to me unless you know what I really like. I'm not into violent games anymore, which makes it hard for anyone to recommend me a game.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #1720 on: July 17, 2009, 04:08:21 AM »

some dude wanted to sell it but the box was missing, so got it for 10 bucks
so far I'm still enjoying it

frisco

« Reply #1721 on: July 17, 2009, 04:55:43 AM »
^ I beat that whole game again last week, its fucking sick, just wish it was longer, hope they make another one like it

RaunchyKid

« Reply #1722 on: July 17, 2009, 03:48:16 PM »
For anyone who has a PS3:
Go to Best Buy. I'm not sure if this may be a regional thing but there's a little "Buy 2, Get 1 Free," sale going on.  The games on the rack are either $20 or $40.

Also, Amazon has some good deals on games, so you might want to check it out. You get free shipping if your cart is $25+. If you're under that, you can pick up another game, some headphones, movies, or whatever else you can find.

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Bundle ($30)

frisco

« Reply #1723 on: July 17, 2009, 04:09:52 PM »
^ damn you bummed me out, its PS2 games, not ps3, you should pick up god of war 2 though that game is sick as fuck

RaunchyKid

« Reply #1724 on: July 17, 2009, 04:16:30 PM »
Sorry. I guess it's a regional thing, then. But, it was also for Wii and 360 games.
If you were talking about GHIII, it is $30

But, would you recommend Tony Hawk's Project 8 or Tony Hawk Proving Ground?

I am also considering Guitar Hero: Aerosmith if those Tony Hawk games suck.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 04:25:52 PM by RaunchyKid »

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #1725 on: July 17, 2009, 04:59:00 PM »
if you're gonna sink that low, just get skate 1. it's probably like 10 dollars now at gamestop

RaunchyKid

« Reply #1726 on: July 17, 2009, 05:02:31 PM »
I was going to get Skate and beer, but I need new wheels. Are those TH games really that shitty? I guess it's Guitar Hero: Aerosmith.

frisco

« Reply #1727 on: July 17, 2009, 05:07:11 PM »
Sorry. I guess it's a regional thing, then. But, it was also for Wii and 360 games.
If you were talking about GHIII, it is $30

I am also considering Guitar Hero: Aerosmith if those Tony Hawk games suck.

neither, dont waste your money on either of those games, they are so terrible, youll be doing two handed alley oop backflip banana flips while button mashing and listening to gorilla radio

get god of war 2, its a ps2 game you can probably get it for 10 bucks, best ps2 game ever made  

RaunchyKid

« Reply #1728 on: July 17, 2009, 05:24:55 PM »
Thanks, max power and frisco.

Here's the problem with getting PS2 games, though:
I have the newest version of the 80 GB model. It has two USB ports, instead of four. But, the thing that sucks the most is the fact that it isn't backwards-compatible.

Although PS2 games are great, I rather buy something for my PS3 because I can enjoy it on a bigger TV. I'll probably end up getting God of War (I & II) because God of War III looks sick as fuck.

I just played T.H.U.G. and I honestly don't give a fuck about what trick I'm popping. I played the Skate 2 demo and was amazed. As soon as I have enough money, I'm buying that.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 11:55:40 AM by RaunchyKid »

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #1729 on: July 19, 2009, 06:52:47 AM »
Well, I just sold my WoW account for 250 dollars. I am now 250 dollars closer to filling a swimming pool with money but find myself alone on a sunday night watching biggest loser and eating chocolate and it kind of sucks. I need a PC game to fill the time before Diablo 3 comes out, any suggestions?

Baker4Life

« Reply #1730 on: July 19, 2009, 08:04:55 AM »
Rawb has got you covered.

one time i played this java-game or whatever on the internet called "Orgasm Girl" and it has this anime bitch sleepin, and you gotta like rub her clit with the mouse cursor or some shit but you gotta make sure you dont go too intense or else she will wake up and the game is over.

RaunchyKid

« Reply #1731 on: July 19, 2009, 09:38:18 AM »
PS3: Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - I started over and I'm playing on easy. I suck at the game. I'm tried to get perfects on all the songs but couldn't. I'm settling for five stars, though. I'm on the second set of songs.

PS2: T.H.U.G. - I played a demo of Skate 2 and I don't know why I'm even playing this. I'm just pressing buttons to pull off a combo worth a lot of points. I don't care about what trick I'm popping. It's just shit.

GBA: Mega Man & Bass - I didn't get a manual with it so I had to figure out the controls. I figured them out but I can't beat any of the bosses. I'm pretty sure that there's more that I don't know. I'm tempted to look up a guide but that would take out the fun.

MartinLedge

• Rep: -14
« Reply #1732 on: July 19, 2009, 10:18:47 AM »
N64 TUROK.

calm down, don't get a big dick

Flume

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #1733 on: July 19, 2009, 03:33:14 PM »
Skate 2.

« Reply #1734 on: July 19, 2009, 03:37:39 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om84Zc4-KcQ

This is still a fun game but this commercial is priceless.

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

« Reply #1735 on: July 19, 2009, 05:05:43 PM »
with MW2 coming, has anyone checked out this game?

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/901429/operation-flashpoint-2/videos/operationflash_trl_fearanticipation_70609.html

apparently once you finish the game, you get to design your own level.
and maybe even share it.

Looks sick.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #1736 on: July 19, 2009, 05:54:53 PM »
Late to the party, but I  just got it.

SanchoDave

« Reply #1737 on: July 19, 2009, 09:34:19 PM »
I played WoW for about a year and kicked that habit about 3 months ago...but sinceI quit that fucking crack habit Left 4 dead

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #1738 on: July 20, 2009, 12:57:20 AM »
I was over L4D in about a month. It was fun while it lasted, but got old quick. I don't have much hope for L4D2 either...

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #1739 on: July 20, 2009, 02:12:08 AM »

I just finished this game. I liked it a lot.
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.