24 (41.4%)
8 (13.8%)
10 (17.2%)
3 (5.2%)
30+
13 (22.4%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: April 05, 2021, 09:31:00 PM

Author Topic: SLAP’s COVID Weight Loss Club  (Read 14004 times)

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: SLAP’s COVID Weight Loss Club
« Reply #330 on: February 27, 2024, 02:29:17 PM »
Reviving this topic only because it took me this long to finally make a push to lose some fucking LBS...in Nov 2023 I was 195 and I've never seen my scale hit 200 so I needed to sort out my shit.  Weighted in this AM at a cool 164.  If I can somehow get into the 150's I'll be shocked but I'm just going to keep running with what I'm doing and see how low it goes now.  I didn't film a part for my 50th so now that I'm headed for 52 in a couple months I guess I'll do it while I'm slim. 
Simple strategy for me- haven't had fast food at all since Nov, that's a big one.  Bringing grapes, apples (with a jar of peanut butter on my desk), oranges etc to work instead of snacking really helps.  I go through a bag of grapes in like 3 days but it keeps me from other stuff.  Lowered my dinner intake to a mellow amount and only get dessert on the weekends. 
Have done an intense 20-25 min workout every morning since Nov too.  20 min is so easy to squeeze in, I used to look at my cell-phone for like 45 min when I woke up (text threads, DM's, Insta etc).  Now I get 15 min then I have to get up and workout, simple as that.

Hell ya player. Good for you

I usually gain 10 or 12 every winter. Back fat status. This winter it was only about 5. No dank organic grocery store brekkie sandos or ill burrito trucks on every corner makes a difference. Shits ill especially since i have hardly moved this winter
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #331 on: February 27, 2024, 03:24:53 PM »
I’ve gained 8 lbs since I started this topic.

@rothdigga

Are you back at issue 2 weight?

I always assumed you were near 6 ft. You must be a string bean now.

I gained weight due to a nagging injury that has really limited my skating but I am making a push for the Spring.

What did you eat? I am finding it difficult to find low fat, low sugar meals that are high in protein and fill me up.

Glad to hear you got your weight down. You’re next part should be better than your 45 year old part.

rothdigga

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 565
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #332 on: February 27, 2024, 03:56:40 PM »

@rothdigga

I gained weight due to a nagging injury that has really limited my skating but I am making a push for the Spring.

What did you eat? I am finding it difficult to find low fat, low sugar meals that are high in protein and fill me up.

Glad to hear you got your weight down. You’re next part should be better than your 45 year old part.
Fuuuuuck, my Issue 2 weight was around 135 I'm guessing so I'm NEVER seeing that weight again...ha.  I'm 5"11.
I already had my breakfast dialed before, it's boring but I eat 1 egg and some fruit every day to start out.  My lunch I eat a much smaller portion than I used to, sometimes I bring chicken or I'll go get tacos down the street but I just am eating much less of it.  Dinner is a meat and a vegetable, rarely starch now.  If I keep it mellow like this on my normal days, I can go buck when we go out to dinner or something and kind of eat whatever I want. 
But I am about to start filming again, it'll be curb heavy but I should be able to come up with something fun if I find good spots. 

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #333 on: February 27, 2024, 04:26:50 PM »
Expand Quote

@rothdigga

[close]
Fuuuuuck, my Issue 2 weight was around 135 I'm guessing so I'm NEVER seeing that weight again...ha.  I'm 5"11.
I already had my breakfast dialed before, it's boring but I eat 1 egg and some fruit every day to start out.  My lunch I eat a much smaller portion than I used to, sometimes I bring chicken or I'll go get tacos down the street but I just am eating much less of it.  Dinner is a meat and a vegetable, rarely starch now.  If I keep it mellow like this on my normal days, I can go buck when we go out to dinner or something and kind of eat whatever I want. 
But I am about to start filming again, it'll be curb heavy but I should be able to come up with something fun if I find good spots.

Thanks for the brief explanation. I need to be more regimented. I have been eating less meat but I am finding it difficult to replace meat with a protein. I’ve gotten rid of cheese, milk and soda. I also stopped eating cold cereal.

I’m eating oatmeal and sweat potatoes and apples everyday cause I like all three but I have yet to develop a system. I don’t like eggs or chicken. My main problem is too much bread (sandwiches).

If anyone has any good recipes for beans let me know. I could eat black bean soup or baked beans every day.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #334 on: February 27, 2024, 06:08:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

@rothdigga

[close]
[close]

Thanks for the brief explanation. I need to be more regimented. I have been eating less meat but I am finding it difficult to replace meat with a protein. I’ve gotten rid of cheese, milk and soda. I also stopped eating cold cereal.

I’m eating oatmeal and sweat potatoes and apples everyday cause I like all three but I have yet to develop a system. I don’t like eggs or chicken. My main problem is too much bread (sandwiches).

If anyone has any good recipes for beans let me know. I could eat black bean soup or baked beans every day.
I ate a bunch of lentil stew last week and accidentally lost 2 lbs. lentils cook much faster than other beans and don’t require soaking, so they’re a great move for cheap easy high fiber protein source

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #335 on: February 27, 2024, 06:39:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

@rothdigga

[close]
[close]

[close]
I ate a bunch of lentil stew last week and accidentally lost 2 lbs. lentils cook much faster than other beans and don’t require soaking, so they’re a great move for cheap easy high fiber protein source

Good idea. I do remember liking Pacific Lentil soup.
15 grams of protein is really good. I was eating 20 gram protein bars but they made me feel bloated and still hungry. Soup or stew definitely fills one up better.

Kneesles

• Rep: 10
« Reply #336 on: February 27, 2024, 07:29:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

@rothdigga

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Good idea. I do remember liking Pacific Lentil soup.
15 grams of protein is really good. I was eating 20 gram protein bars but they made me feel bloated and still hungry. Soup or stew definitely fills one up better.
Look into quinoa recipes and dishes that utilize garbanzo beans (aka chickpeas) to get some good vegan proteins in your diet. Think quinoa fried rice style or vegetable curry with garbanzos, hummus, falafel, lentil walnut burgers with cucumber raita or black bean burgers with pico de gallo & avacado. I used to be a chef for a local health club in my area so I am fairly familiar with healthy yet delicious meals and recipes. Feel free to hit me up for suggestions or recipes as im always glad to help where i can.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #337 on: February 27, 2024, 07:55:55 PM »
Someone gave me a beet-delicata squash-lentil soup (with coconut milk) recipe that was pretty good. I just kind of freestyle it now but it is quite tasty (makes you poop something fierce and red though).
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

rothdigga

« Reply #338 on: February 28, 2024, 10:28:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

@rothdigga

[close]
[close]

Cold cereal was something I gave up in the mid 2000's I think.  It's so fucking good though, but of course a bowl of sugary cereal is good right?  Now, during our birthday month, my wife and I each get to pick 1 single box of cereal that we like and that person gets to eat it.  1 box a year, that's it.  But it satisfies my love of cereal as much as my belly will allow. 
I've been on this kick I'm on for 5 months now, which is by far the longest I've ever gone with both working out consistently (daily) and eating better that I actually think it's going to stick for me. 
Sandwiches are a tough one but when I do get one, I make sure I cut it up so that I eat it over like 2-3 days so that I'm just not eating too much of it. 

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #339 on: February 29, 2024, 05:18:22 AM »
Big ups to all you pound sheddaz.  After I got sober last year I allowed myself to eat whatever tf I wanted, when I wanted.  Only about a month ago I started counting cals again and trying to lose weight. 

I burn a decent amount per day between work and exercise, so it’s not impossible for me to burn 500-1000cals more than I eat without starving myself. 

I think I’ve lost around 10lbs in the past 4-5 weeks, and gonna try to lose another 10-20.  I just want to feel light on my board/in everyday life, and for my clothes to not all fit slim by default.

gringo_viejo

• Rep: 41
« Reply #340 on: February 29, 2024, 09:48:14 AM »
Realized that the pants I had to cinch in last summer are too tight now, so we're doing this.
Taking long walks on non skate days. Slowly getting to where I can do lunges and squats again with my stupid knees/back.
Stopped drankin. Hopefully my wallet, liver and gut will all thank me.
Bought a scale with a body fat thingy (because every journey in America begins with a purchase :( so I'm trying to go from 19% body fat to 16. (Or below??? Stay tuned, true believers...)

rothdigga

« Reply #341 on: February 29, 2024, 10:13:40 AM »
Realized that the pants I had to cinch in last summer are too tight now, so we're doing this.
Taking long walks on non skate days. Slowly getting to where I can do lunges and squats again with my stupid knees/back.
Stopped drankin. Hopefully my wallet, liver and gut will all thank me.
Bought a scale with a body fat thingy (because every journey in America begins with a purchase :( so I'm trying to go from 19% body fat to 16. (Or below??? Stay tuned, true believers...)
I weigh myself ever day.  There's of course fluxuations in there but if I see a "new low" ever week then I feel truly motivated to keep things going.  I have some good old LG t's I can rock now and not feel like I'm wearing a belly shirt as well as a pile of promo pants people have sent me that I never could wear before until now. 
My wife and I also take a mellow 1 mile walk after dinner (in addition to me working out every day).  The 1 mile might not seem like much but if you think of it long term, it's an extra 5-6 miles a week (if we miss a day) and then like 25 miles a month...so it adds up quick.