Author Topic: For those craving a little more inspiration now that Cardiel episodes are done..  (Read 980 times)

tag_king

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
I have an amazing friend from high school that I may have talked about before. His name is Brad Copping and a day before first year university he got in a car accident. He has been paralyzed from the neck down for 4 years now. This guy is a fucking total genius. No two ways about it. He was pulling a high 90 average in his final year at high school. He is still in rehab, and has a little movement in his shoulders, but still no real use of his hands, or anything shoulder level, but constantly makes me feel like a total sack of shit with all the stuff he is accomplishing..

http://www.bcopping.com/Brad_Copping/Welcome.html

This is his website where he keeps track somewhat of his endeavors from his wheel chair. On the website it covers his plan to make a quadriplegic car. He loved to drive and has been doing everything he can to get back behind the wheel.

Upon trying to figure this out, he has come up with his most recent stroke of genius. He has fully developed a controller using air tubs.

www.bcopping.com/controller

opping... says: (5:08:03 PM)
it uses sip&puff switches
Dylan says: (5:08:07 PM)
this is a little beyond me, you are going to have to explain
Copping... says: (5:08:33 PM)
so the 3holes in the mouth piece are actually 6 "buttons"
Copping... says: (5:08:50 PM)
sip for "x" , puff for "0"
Copping... says: (5:08:53 PM)
etc
Copping... says: (5:09:30 PM)
then there are two lip switches to press with...your lip, they're red
Copping... says: (5:09:34 PM)
then
Dylan says: (5:10:00 PM)
like what the fuck man, how did you come up with this shit? 
Dylan says: (5:10:08 PM)
this is insane man
Copping... says: (5:10:28 PM)
since the ps3 has 2 joysticks& a d-pad there are another 2switches on either side to switch between joysticks
Copping... says: (5:10:56 PM)
and then the big clear tube is start/select
Copping... says: (5:11:01 PM)
haha
Copping... says: (5:11:18 PM)
so yeah it works awesome
Dylan says: (5:11:29 PM)
hahaha tell me you are beating peoples asses online
Copping... says: (5:12:34 PM)
ive been trying to catch up on years of lost video games, oh yeah man I'm a driving game fiend

So yea he has just been telling me about this and I am blown away. You will be hearing from this guy very soon. He's going down in history.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 02:33:11 PM by tag_king »

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Brad seems like an amazing person. It seems that he's still really positive, even though a lot of his life was pretty much destroyed. I could never stay that positive. Oh, and that controller is crazy.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

tag_king

• SLAP Pal
for some people it may have "destroyed" their lives.. but his shit is just starting.

jesus0nvi4gra

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
Makes me feel like a total pile.  I just sent him an email telling him how awesome he is.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
Why does this thread only have 3 replies?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

kevbo999

That's fucking gnarly... I'd can't imagine how destroyed I would be if that happened.  Send him my best wishes and whatnot, he definitely will go down in history for it.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
wow, i'm not sure how i'd react to something like that but your friend is definitely an inspiration and makes the things that most people stress about seem insignificant (credit, finances, long work hours, etc...)

vicky

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • brofessional
yea, i feel like an asshole. thats pretty amazing
we could get matching halter tops and do kickturns over the dick at fdr, people wouldn't know what to do. I would be a c cup massacre.

tag_king

• SLAP Pal
yea every time I speak with the dude, I ended up busting my ass at stuff for like a week and go back to my pile ways. I hopefully am going to help him out with the packaging and a little bit of a the marketing for the controller when he gets to that stage. Like if I don't talk to the dude for a month he's already on to some new amazing thing. He's to smart to just sit there and feel sorry for himself. And thats rad you sent him an email man! He will be stoked to hear people backing him!