Author Topic: Tricks named after people who didn't do them first.  (Read 6757 times)

EricLogan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Tricks named after people who didn't do them first.
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2008, 02:29:43 PM »
Expand Quote
casper flip is what we've always called it around here, where it flips upside down and you flip it back over.

this trick is rare in videos, i dont even know if i can name 5. southie in whl, carroll doing it nollie in goldfish, templeton in a new deal vid on a popular schoolyard hip, thats all i can think of, and that took me a bit to think of. though my friend does a really really good one into a bank at the beginning of this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oJmzETNhvVg
[close]
MJ did one super kicked out into grass in Bag of Suck. Creager did one nollie off of a bump, cant even remember which vid right now. Bobby Rodriguez did one b/s on a bank in Death of a Videomag. I remember some am doing one with a half cab up a curb, can't remember who tho. OH! There's like 4 of them w/ a back 180 in KOTR 07.
Sorry for nerding out right there.

This dude from Spokane, WA almost did one to front board fakie down an 8 or 9 stair rail, the near makes made it onto Crailtap.com somehow, I can't find it for the life of me, though.
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

Lumpy Oatmeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • only the classics
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2008, 04:18:54 PM »
alot of my friends used to do the hospital flip thing but they called it a jim flip cuz the first person around here that did it was named jim
and yall dont need to be worryin about my rep, if yall really need to know, its cause no other rapper on here gully enough to do the dirt dolo i done
[quote author=drunk link=topic=46570.msg125

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2008, 10:03:59 PM »
Turns out, after fyrther review, Mj;s trick was in fact a casper flip
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

GIRL Workshop B

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -347
  • Gino Clause
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2008, 12:42:44 PM »

aside from Carrolls in goldfish because it was obviously nolliesure
[/quote]
aren't those called anti-caspers?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2008, 12:53:43 PM »
I think an anti casper would require him popping off of his tail and doing the nollie casper flip motion.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Gest

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2008, 07:13:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
casper flip is what we've always called it around here, where it flips upside down and you flip it back over.

this trick is rare in videos, i dont even know if i can name 5. southie in whl, carroll doing it nollie in goldfish, templeton in a new deal vid on a popular schoolyard hip, thats all i can think of, and that took me a bit to think of. though my friend does a really really good one into a bank at the beginning of this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oJmzETNhvVg
[close]
MJ did one super kicked out into grass in Bag of Suck. Creager did one nollie off of a bump, cant even remember which vid right now. Bobby Rodriguez did one b/s on a bank in Death of a Videomag. I remember some am doing one with a half cab up a curb, can't remember who tho. OH! There's like 4 of them w/ a back 180 in KOTR 07.
Sorry for nerding out right there.
[close]

This dude from Spokane, WA almost did one to front board fakie down an 8 or 9 stair rail, the near makes made it onto Crailtap.com somehow, I can't find it for the life of me, though.
holy shit! i know what youre talking about! dude kinda looked like braydon szafranski and had a button up shirt, and said "friggin, darkslide"

its so vivid in my head, and sometimes i try finding it but no luck.