Author Topic: DGK Loft in ATL  (Read 13191 times)

sweets

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: DGK Loft in ATL
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2008, 10:18:06 PM »
I back the use of the word "jawn". It's definitely more colorful than "thing".
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

drowe1

• Rep: -16
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2008, 10:25:15 PM »
Is Javi black or latino?

And where was Kenny Hoyle?
kenny hoyle doesnt ride dor dgk.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2008, 10:26:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
"...if they hate then let em hate and watch the money pile up"
[close]
All the skaters that are getting money get hated on. Except for Koston, Carroll and rick howard, and those guys are jerks That deserve hate.
[close]

It's nothing to do with money and everything to do with don't act like a person because a camera is on.

I think that's pretty much everybody when the camera is on except sheckler he tells real life stories
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2008, 10:27:25 PM »
 That place could really use a woman's touch.

bill hates

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2008, 10:46:04 PM »
these two videos are of the same calibur
http://youtube.com/watch?v=E2plFcxDCOY

Beautifull

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -428
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2008, 10:50:53 PM »
It's not suprising a bunch of white guys and one asian don't have any clue or liking for this stuff.  It isn't a concept many people that grew up not really struggling can appreciate or understand.
Fuck man, that's the truth.  I definitely hate, but these dudes are ridiculous.  Those Dgk dudes are living the dream, which is their interpretation of skateboarding.  What's wrong with that?  Stevie is the shit, hands down.  Don't like his DC part, but was feeling his Chocolate one?   You're crazy.  That's shit was straight revolutionary.   I bet these haters are all up on that corey duffel shit in their shop and then some.  I'm not going to call anyone out, but seriously. 

Whad up Karmessiah!

era

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2008, 11:04:14 PM »
ya that video was super lame, but if i could skate for a company, get appartments wherever i wanted with all my homies and skate everyday meanwhile making shitloads of money I sure would.

TheKarmessiah

• Rep: 23
  • YAH!
    • KARMBOOK avatar image
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2008, 11:17:46 PM »
Expand Quote
It's not suprising a bunch of white guys and one asian don't have any clue or liking for this stuff.  It isn't a concept many people that grew up not really struggling can appreciate or understand.
[close]
Fuck man, that's the truth.  I definitely hate, but these dudes are ridiculous.  Those Dgk dudes are living the dream, which is their interpretation of skateboarding.  What's wrong with that?  Stevie is the shit, hands down.  Don't like his DC part, but was feeling his Chocolate one?   You're crazy.  That's shit was straight revolutionary.   I bet these haters are all up on that corey duffel shit in their shop and then some.  I'm not going to call anyone out, but seriously. 

Whad up Karmessiah!

whad up blood. i just think some of yall dont like to see niggas with money. now that might seem controversial, but thats how it seems. everybody is on DLXs nuts, cant seem to really support a company with a different image than you seem to be comfortable with.
I'd go gay for BA.

twitter.com/karmessiah

dusted

• Rep: -2
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2008, 11:38:23 PM »
anything stevie has put out has been dope.

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2008, 12:15:15 AM »
anything stevie has put out has been dope.
wrong. he's one of the reasons why people get into skateboarding for the money. if he remembers where he's from, the least he can do for skateboarding is buying lovepark back!

Stutter box

• Rep: -16
  • It's On!
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2008, 12:23:08 AM »
I love stevie, always have. But i'm not too stoked on that fucking video...
Thanks for rolling

Anton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
    • Blog avatar image
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2008, 01:05:40 AM »

oh well, now thats bullshit!

subroku2

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2008, 02:46:01 AM »
they should put that beer in the fridge.

5inchDick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2008, 04:11:07 AM »
THAT SHIT WAS JUST PAINFUL TO WATCH DOREN HOPPER JENNY RIVAS AND STEVIE = PLAIN BORING ALL THAT WAS MISSING WAS THE REAL DGK'S CRACKER JACK AND MR.XXXL (WADE) 1 MORE STRIKE FOR DGK AND WACKNESS

BriDen

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2008, 05:59:46 AM »
"It's like two bricks."

5inchDick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2008, 06:02:40 AM »
ALL THATS MISSING IS THE SKATE FOOTY.. HOLY SHIT.. CANT FUCKING WAIT TO SEE THAT SHIT.. OH AND THAT BLK KID WHO RIDES FOR ICECREAM WHERE THE FUCKS HE AT

beeda weeda

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2008, 06:20:57 AM »
Never felt any of those guys, they are all good skateboarders, but I'm not interested in their skating let alone how they are livng. A gold chain is a sign of success ?

TheFrontSeatLife

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2008, 06:31:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Whad up Karmessiah!
[close]

whad up blood. i just think some of yall dont like to see niggas with money. now that might seem controversial, but thats how it seems. everybody is on DLXs nuts, cant seem to really support a company with a different image than you seem to be comfortable with.

Is it that? You really think that's the main issue? I'm not upset that Stevie is doing well, it was just a ridiculous video. It looked like an MTV Cribs shoot more than anything that had to do with skateboarding. It's just kind of narcissistic and weird. It has nothing to do with the fact that Stevie is a black guy with money. Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit.

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2008, 06:44:22 AM »
sweet, DGK got a yuppie loft in fucking Atlantic Station.  worst bullshit prefab "neighborhood" development ever.

my favorite part was when he pulled the pre-packaged biscuits out of the freezer and said "we in the South!  biscuits from scratch!"

i hate the rest of the country/world's idea of what "livin' in the ATL" is all about.  putting the "anta" back in...

tiger woods

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2008, 06:46:07 AM »
don't get me wrong, i am very happy with the success and money that stevie has earned, dude was a straight up bum when he first moved to sf. the dude can really do no wrong in my eyes as far as skating goes.

that being said, the video was just fucking awkward.

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2008, 07:38:52 AM »
don't get me wrong, i am very happy with the success and money that stevie has earned, dude was a straight up bum when he first moved to sf. the dude can really do no wrong in my eyes as far as skating goes.

that being said, the video was just fucking awkward.
I feel the same on Stevie doing no wrong thing, I've always liked his skateing, and that fact that he came from nothing and has made it and put his stamp on skateboarding is sick, I know alot of local hood rats that skate and will only ride his boards for obvious reasons, and it's cool cause there not gettin into shit, they're skateing....but that "It's Official" part of his, really bummed me out, all the time he had to come through with the Stevie we all know and back, and he gives us that....I was bummed.
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2008, 07:51:50 AM »
i'd rather watch drydek......

ProjectPatrick

« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2008, 07:54:00 AM »
Man, are you guys fucking kidding me? These guys are just enjoying their money. Who fucking cares if they want to get an expensive apartment or stupid looking chains? They were just fucking goofing off in front of the camera, but since they're not doing it in the way you're used to you want to hate. Koston does an episode of cribs and it's no big deal, Stevie films a little thing on youtube joking around in his apartment and all of a sudden he's the anti-christ. What? I've never even been a big fan of Stevie's skating but you guys are fucking riding each others comments and taking it farther and farther everytime. I don't really understand what there is to be mad about.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2008, 08:44:37 AM »
they should put that beer in the fridge.

Like 8 buds and a bottle of Schnapps with gold flakes in it? Not feeling it. I really expected more booze and nugs.

TheKarmessiah

• Rep: 23
  • YAH!
    • KARMBOOK avatar image
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2008, 09:40:39 AM »
Is it that? You really think that's the main issue? I'm not upset that Stevie is doing well, it was just a ridiculous video. It looked like an MTV Cribs shoot more than anything that had to do with skateboarding. It's just kind of narcissistic and weird. It has nothing to do with the fact that Stevie is a black guy with money. Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit.

i just got the chappelle show season 1 from netflix. much funnies!
I'd go gay for BA.

twitter.com/karmessiah

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2008, 10:15:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Whad up Karmessiah!
[close]

well youve singled yourself out now, let the kooking begin!

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2008, 10:20:28 AM »

Because being asian automatically means I grew up with money, right?

What are you? Oppressed by the man?

This is what I mean by the video, and going "paycheck to paycheck".

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kNvNBlR-JWo

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2008, 10:41:27 AM »
And Mic-E, I just don't think Latino's can be calling people "niggaz" if white people can't.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2008, 11:08:38 AM »
And Mic-E, I just don't think Latino's can be calling people "niggaz" if white people can't.
I wouldn't doubt that nigga is a regular part of wade's vocabulary now.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2008, 11:16:53 AM »
haha, everybody struggles in life at one point, it doesnt give you an excuse to act like an idiot. if anything experiencing struggle and hard times should make you want to better yourself. As for wade, he grew up with a stable family life in a good nieghbourhood, does that embody DGK?