Author Topic: let me see your bracket/NBA 2008 playoff discussion thread.  (Read 34777 times)

remEMBer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
    • emb4ever avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: let me see your bracket/NBA 2008 playoff discussion thread.
« Reply #540 on: June 18, 2008, 09:38:23 AM »
Did anyone watch the after game celebration in the Celtics locker room? I was watching it and then I watched Kevin Garnett pour some champagne on some photgrapher and talking to him like it was his boy and shit then he pulls him so the camera can see him and it was Attiba Jefferson or Ako. But that was pretty tight of him at the finals. I know he's shot photo's for Slam magazine and he did shoot some KG photos in the past. Anyway I thought that was cool.

longballlarry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #541 on: June 18, 2008, 10:41:16 AM »
really? i saw that, i didn't really pay attention to who the photographer was, and it didn't seem like a jefferson to me. but thats cool. i would've thought they would be lakers fans
I used to post

longballlarry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #542 on: June 18, 2008, 10:41:36 AM »
I used to post

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668

tiger woods

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #544 on: June 18, 2008, 12:54:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Sorry guys. I can't even begin to imagine what it feels like to have your team lose in the finals. I don't ever want to hear one more klobe MJ comparison again, or anything positive about him, ever. As bad a performance for an mvp as Dirk a few years ago.
[close]
Only reason Kobe was MVP was cause he paid em off to be, At least I've seen my team go in and NEVER lose in the Finals, next year is ours.  Congrats to the Celts for the win, all those dudes deserved it, even though I hate all Boston related sports, Cliff and Tiger, you guys are now in my shoes, next years western conference will be twice as explosive as it was this year.

whoa that's a little harsh stefan, no human being will ever be michael jordan. however, dirk's team was up 2-0 in the finals and blew it where he missed game winning free throws, boston was just the better team and made sure kobe wouldn't be the one to score on them.

c'mon now guys. you really don't think kobe bryant was the best player in the regular season this year?? he lead the league in scoring, got his team the best record in the best conference. if there was someone better than him in the REGULAR SEASON, please tell me.

KG just has heart man.  HE is onTOP OF THE WORLD and if i were, I'd be dropping fuck bombs all over the place. Nothing about the Cs looked bad last night.

On a side note, because i'm a boston sports and have been throughout my entire life, i don't understand why so many cats hate on boston sports? Other than the sox none of our teams have obscene payrolls, and they've been scrappy for years anyways. Same thing with the pats. Brady was a bottom of the barrel pick. Before Bledsoe we went 2-14. Pete Carrol? come on.... Then the Celts... shiiiit. We've been a mediocre team for years.  In the 90sTwo future franchise players DIED w/in a year of one another, Lewis and byers. Paul Pierce was the only good player for the teams for alooong time.

Even now it's like this because of heart, but before all the new era of championship shit and high ticket prices, boston sports were the working mans gig. Now theres a huge influx of yuppie fans which aggravates me, but fuck, that's no reason to hate. The only reasons i can think that one would really hate boston are because they haven't been to a game here and felt the insane energy or because when we're good, we're fucking next to unstoppable. 

so wait, its okay to drop f bombs all over the place when you've just won the championship, but its not okay to say you're going to drink a whole bunch after your team blew a 24 point lead and lost??

i can only speak for myself here, but you pretty much stated why i hate boston sports. your city has without a doubt the biggest bandwagon in sports history. other than the hardcore boston fans like yourself, no one gave a shit about the patriots, red sox and the c's for the longest time. now, the pats win a couple super bowls, the curse of the bambino is broken, the celtics pick up garnett and allen and win a ship' after 22 years of waiting, and like you said, there's a mass population claiming boston like they were there the whole fuckin time. i got mad love for dudes like you who have been through all the ups and downs that boston sports have through in the past 20+ years, but the dudes that just buy a red sox fitted from lids and think they are down can lick nuts.

that being said, the core boston fans are probably the best i think i've ever seen. i have never seen crowd that intense for an entire game like the home games you guys had during the finals. it was almost like they were another player on the court, and the sad thing is, i never felt that in the games the lakers had at home.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #545 on: June 18, 2008, 01:23:03 PM »
Don't blame me, Stefan just really dislikes klobe.

frisco

eight oh eight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #547 on: June 18, 2008, 01:50:41 PM »
bitter

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #548 on: June 18, 2008, 02:33:46 PM »
I always thought of this

skatemore,man

« Reply #549 on: June 18, 2008, 09:48:51 PM »

KG just has heart man.  HE is onTOP OF THE WORLD and if i were, I'd be dropping fuck bombs all over the place. Nothing about the Cs looked bad last night.

On a side note, because i'm a boston sports and have been throughout my entire life, i don't understand why so many cats hate on boston sports? Other than the sox none of our teams have obscene payrolls, and they've been scrappy for years anyways. Same thing with the pats. Brady was a bottom of the barrel pick. Before Bledsoe we went 2-14. Pete Carrol? come on.... Then the Celts... shiiiit. We've been a mediocre team for years.  In the 90sTwo future franchise players DIED w/in a year of one another, Lewis and byers. Paul Pierce was the only good player for the teams for alooong time.

Even now it's like this because of heart, but before all the new era of championship shit and high ticket prices, boston sports were the working mans gig. Now theres a huge influx of yuppie fans which aggravates me, but fuck, that's no reason to hate. The only reasons i can think that one would really hate boston are because they haven't been to a game here and felt the insane energy or because when we're good, we're fucking next to unstoppable. 

so wait, its okay to drop f bombs all over the place when you've just won the championship, but its not okay to say you're going to drink a whole bunch after your team blew a 24 point lead and lost??

i can only speak for myself here, but you pretty much stated why i hate boston sports. your city has without a doubt the biggest bandwagon in sports history. other than the hardcore boston fans like yourself, no one gave a shit about the patriots, red sox and the c's for the longest time. now, the pats win a couple super bowls, the curse of the bambino is broken, the celtics pick up garnett and allen and win a ship' after 22 years of waiting, and like you said, there's a mass population claiming boston like they were there the whole fuckin time. i got mad love for dudes like you who have been through all the ups and downs that boston sports have through in the past 20+ years, but the dudes that just buy a red sox fitted from lids and think they are down can lick nuts.

that being said, the core boston fans are probably the best i think i've ever seen. i have never seen crowd that intense for an entire game like the home games you guys had during the finals. it was almost like they were another player on the court, and the sad thing is, i never felt that in the games the lakers had at home.

[/quote]

As far as the fuck bombs go, cursing in utter elation is different, in my opinion, than cursing in a malicious or agitated way.
I could care less what a player like Kobe says after losing or winning a game. Kobe is a great ball player but he has always had a pretty shitty/cocky attitude, his comment about drinking seemed to say "We lost this game due to circumstance, not because the Cs played better ball. So fuck worrying about it, lets party to forget about it because we'll win the next game because we're the king shit lakers." that's what i saw in it.

The bandwagon is pretty bad, but as opposed to letting it get me down i just say fuck it and watch the guys kick ass. It's funny that pierce is the truth... he's always been the truth. sox games bum me out the most.... seriously the bitch ass yuppie "fans" blow with their fucking EMS sweaters and green college style sox hates. But shit man, the pats.... wooowee, if you go to a game at gillette stadium you'll be converted. We get down in the AM cook breakfast in the lot, drink beers, party, watch the game, grill afterwards, and everyone drives home. C's games are great too. The old garden was wicked sick, with the wooden seats and shit, but even now the new Garden is wild, sounds just erupt!

longballlarry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #550 on: June 26, 2008, 08:23:55 PM »
so who watched the draft? not too stoked the knicks got some italian motherfucker. i hope he's good. and detroit got d.j. white from indiana who i don't know that well. good to see derek rose went to the bulls. and i have no idea how chris douglas-roberts went so low.
I used to post