Author Topic: SPORTS X SKATEBOARDING  (Read 4511 times)

Beautifull

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -428
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
SPORTS X SKATEBOARDING
« on: April 22, 2008, 10:02:01 AM »
Notice to all the jocks who talk about sports on Slap:

Skateboarding is not a sport.  I don't do sports.  Sports are for fags, straight up.    Is it that you want to get changed and shower around other dudes after a big competition?  Why are skateboarders into sports?  Organized sports are supposed to go against every fiber of our being.   I don't watch football, basketball, or baseball games.  I don't have a favorite team.  In turn, I do art, play a little music, and kick it with girls.  That's about as extra curricular as I get.  No sports. 

So all you Ryan Sheckler Jock Muther Fuckers, go get a 'back tat' and get the fuck out of my skateboarding! 

If you hate sports like I do, please stand up and speak.  If a pro skater is into sports, I loose that much respect for him.  I'm not naming names, but you know who I'm talking about. 

p.s.  I will forever always wage war on fixed gears, sports, snowboarding, and anyone/thing contributing to all the kooks in the industry. 

cliff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
    • Sml. Wheels avatar image
Re: SPORTS X SKATEBOARDING
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 10:05:14 AM »
Hows that narrow mind working out for you?

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 10:08:35 AM »
Art, music and kicking it with girls is the equivalent of being an instructor at colonic camp.

Beautifull

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 10:10:14 AM »
Hows that narrow mind working out for you?
If you care for sports, then we're not alike. 

Me = True Skater

You = Fuckin' Jock

I don't mean this about you personally if you're just being a devils advocate and you actually don't like sports, but I stand by my position.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 10:17:12 AM »
my skateboarding! 

theres nothing more jockish than that statement shit for brains.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 10:22:34 AM »
Doug Brown just called Cliff a jock.

Smile on, mighty Jesus!

Tobias Funke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
  • Oh, come on. Don't leave your uncle T-bag hanging.
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 10:27:41 AM »
Doug Brown just called Cliff a jock.

Smile on, mighty Jesus!

And technically Koston as well.

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 10:28:00 AM »
you must be very fat. Like, Chris Farley fat. Or Jared before Subway fat.

Beautifull

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 10:32:37 AM »
Ok, so all the people responding must be jocks or some shit.  This is a thread for people like me that are not feeling organized sports. 

Oh, by the by, that dude koston, not feelin' em so much.  Which is so sad cause he's an amazing skater.  I don't really think that Oakley ad that he did was a joke.  He was at least half serious because he was wearing his team colors. 

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 10:38:00 AM »
The Spurs will be on tv tonight.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 10:40:26 AM »
Notice to all the jocks who talk about sports on Slap:

Skateboarding is not a sport.  I don't do sports.  Sports are for fags, straight up.    Is it that you want to get changed and shower around other dudes after a big competition?  Why are skateboarders into sports?  Organized sports are supposed to go against every fiber of our being.   I don't watch football, basketball, or baseball games.  I don't have a favorite team.  In turn, I do art, play a little music, and kick it with girls.  That's about as extra curricular as I get.  No sports. 

So all you Ryan Sheckler Jock Muther Fuckers, go get a 'back tat' and get the fuck out of my skateboarding! 

If you hate sports like I do, please stand up and speak.  If a pro skater is into sports, I loose that much respect for him.  I'm not naming names, but you know who I'm talking about. 

p.s.  I will forever always wage war on fixed gears, sports, snowboarding, and anyone/thing contributing to all the kooks in the industry. 

I sense a mall-grabber.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Beautifull

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 10:40:46 AM »
you must be very fat. Like, Chris Farley fat. Or Jared before Subway fat.
Actually it's kinda funny because I do a little modeling on the side.  Strictly catalog work though.  Didn't want to blow my shit up, but I gotta speak the truth.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 10:49:58 AM »
I found this in the latest issue of strictly catalog side modeling

Lumpy Oatmeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • only the classics
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 10:55:21 AM »
dun dun da dun dun dun GO PACK GO
and yall dont need to be worryin about my rep, if yall really need to know, its cause no other rapper on here gully enough to do the dirt dolo i done
[quote author=drunk link=topic=46570.msg125

eight oh eight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 11:06:39 AM »
According to this guy, skateboarding is more of a lifestyle than a sport.  The entire article is pretty lengthy but it's interesting and his juxtaposition of Michael Jordan's and Ryan Shecler's careers makes it definitely worth a read.

It is interesting that skateboarding did not die, but in exchange it covered more ground. Skateboarding developed in the streets. Passionate skateboarders decided to create their own skateboard production system. New and improved skateboards appeared. This helped skateboarders do more daring and new stunts, which attracted the youth.

In the late ’90 and starting with the year 2000, a new kind of musing appeared, and a new generation of skateboarders: "the punkers". While skating is about being free, just you and the board, having the possibility of doing endless tricks, and riding in any way you want, punk music expressed this desire of being free and independent and it shouted out loud the needs of a generation. Therefore, the loud rock music merged almost perfectly with this sport.

An interesting thing is that anyone can try to skateboard and skateboarding is for everyone. In a skate park you can find "punkers", nerds, normal teens, Goths, and what is more interestingly is that they get along. They socialize, and they express themselves freely. You find there pro-skaters that give tips to guys that just bought their first skateboard. And this is one thing skateboard is about.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/skateboarding-sport-life-style-birth-trend.html

In contrast, take this Sheckler quote into consideration.
Why do you think these dudes hate on you specifically?
I don't know.  It's not personal between anyone.  I haven't gone and hurt someone's feelings on the show or something.  I can see people being skeptical about a skateboarder getting a reality show, but they need to open their eyes and realize that if you're given an opportunity to do something different and something sick, who am I or anybody else to tell someone to turn it down?  If I thought the show was a bad idea, I wouldn't have done it.  I know that I can balance my skating and the show, so it's not really a big deal.

L. A. GROVE SPSA

• Rep: -6
    • Channel St. SPSA avatar image
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 11:26:20 AM »
The only thing gay is a person coming on a message board talking shit about jocks. I dont play sports, but i watch them. Basketball Football and Baseball. One question i have is what the fuck does any of this have to do with skateboarding? IF you can hate on people for liking sports than people can hate on you for modeling in catalogs, cause thats kinda gay. Trust me I hate jocks too, but just because you like sports dosent mean shit.  I play music and kick it with girls. Where does that put me?  I could really care lass about jocks or anyones response to my post. I just think This Thread is regular
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."- Mark Twain

Lurkenstock

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 11:35:35 AM »
Today I'm watching baseball, then some NBA playoff action, and gonna wrap it up with a mini ramp session and some beers, so go fuck thy self if you don't like it.

i am not asian

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 11:39:04 AM »
I enjoy playing soccer.

bobjohn

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 11:44:48 AM »
Doug Brown's website is back up.

Beautifull, with the modeling and music, the evidence continues to pile up against you.

Beautifull

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 11:52:31 AM »
It's funny how all the jocks are seemingly ganging up on me.  What's new dude?  You guys just proved my point.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2008, 11:54:46 AM »
 :'(

L. A. GROVE SPSA

• Rep: -6
    • Channel St. SPSA avatar image
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2008, 11:58:11 AM »
Now I understand why Beautifull hates sports so much, its because hes from Washington and everyone knows theres no good teams from Washington, hell I'd prob hate sports too if I lived there.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."- Mark Twain

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • tiger style
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2008, 12:08:20 PM »
would have been nice if someone other than beautiful brought this topic up, i'd be interested to hear some unbiased feedback

none of the skaters i grew up with were into sports and to this day i dread being asked "did you see the game last night?" at work

MFS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2008, 12:12:45 PM »
ill admit, i hate sports, dont even watch them. What kind of ass would condemn someone for enjoying an extracurricular other than skateboarding? In my eyes being a sports fan is just the same as being a fan of The Price is Right or any other thing on T.V, and theres nothing wrong with that.

lenny

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2008, 12:13:42 PM »
Team sports don't really interest me, but fifa is pretty fun.

Tobias Funke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
  • Oh, come on. Don't leave your uncle T-bag hanging.
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2008, 12:15:36 PM »

Beautifull

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2008, 12:16:22 PM »
Now I understand why Beautifull hates sports so much, its because hes from Washington and everyone knows theres no good teams from Washington, hell I'd prob hate sports too if I lived there.
spoken like a true jock.  If you didn't get it asshole, I HATE SPORTS!

eight oh eight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2008, 12:23:52 PM »
 Now I've received so many emails asking my opinion on several subjects. Are skate competitions good or bad? I would say yes and no. I've done countless comps in my time and have acquired some sponsors as a result. It's a great way to meet other skaters, see other styles, promote the sport, and be seen. If you join a team and perform demos, it's very important for you to become comfortable skating in front of large groups of people. For me, I tend to skate better with an audience to get my adrenaline going. The down side? Unfortunately most organized comps don't lend themselves to creative skating. Judges are often looking for standardized tricks that have names and are copied by everyone. It's not healthy for a skater to just copy what he or she sees in videos or magazines. I see this way too often. One good thing about skateboarders' competitive drive is that it seems to be much healthier than that of a basketball or football player. If you watch a skateboard event you see everyone cheering one another on, feeding positive vibes. When was the last time you saw a football player say to his opponent, "That was a sweet field goal, good job"?

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • tiger style
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2008, 12:27:46 PM »
ill admit, i hate sports, dont even watch them. What kind of ass would condemn someone for enjoying an extracurricular other than skateboarding? In my eyes being a sports fan is just the same as being a fan of The Price is Right or any other thing on T.V, and theres nothing wrong with that.

yeah but price is right is never playing in the bar in nice restaraunts with the fans yelling out loudly like they are in their own living rooms fucking up the atmosphere for everyone else who's there for a quite drink and the price is right fans definitely weren't the guys fucking with me and ever other skater i rolled with all through jr high and highschool; "skate or die faggots!"

i could give a shit about all that but it does leave me scratching my head a bit when 15 years later you see skaters talking sports on skating forums.

bill hates

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2008, 12:31:02 PM »
Organized sports are supposed to go against every fiber of our being.   I don't watch football, basketball, or baseball games.  I don't have a favorite team.
ever watched king of the road, asshole?
guilty.