Author Topic: Barcelona  (Read 2252 times)

Zurg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Barcelona
« on: April 23, 2008, 10:46:25 AM »
Sorry guys, but help is rarely any help. I noticed alot of people on the board mentioning they were going over the winter. If any of you did go and stayed in an apartment, could you tell me approx. how much you payed? Or if you feel you got a good deal and still remember the agency/landlord's contact info, please hook it up

Beagler

• Rep: 3
    • Beagle Is Dead avatar image
Re: Barcelona
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 12:34:54 PM »
Stay in a hostel and that shit is cheeeeeeeeap. You could probably live on $5 a day in Barcelona...

daddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 01:01:33 PM »
www.hostelworld.com you can find hostels, apartments, campgrounds in whatever city

Derk the Jerk

• Rep: 61
  • Formerly Derka Derk
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 01:02:18 PM »
On the carrer de Hospital there is a youth hostel for 20 euros a night, but the house next to it is used to rent appartments to tourists. We did that with 4 people for a week and paid slightly less than those 20 euros a night. I don't know the exact house number anymore. But you should be able to find it via the youth hostel in the same street.

Al Bania

• Rep: 42
    • Orchard! avatar image
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 01:33:21 AM »
I moved out here in Novemeber and have had 2 different apartments since weve been here.

were paying a combined total of 350Euros a month for both for everything.  Same price at the last place.
Thats a pretty standard "cheap" price for a room.  I live out by Placa de Sants, its less than a 10 minute skate to the center, close to tons of non-center spots, and its a pretty rad neighborhood thats mostly spanish types and not as many tourists.
I have some friends that pay 250, and some that pay 500, so 350 is pretty much a standard price.

if youre staying for a shorter time, get a holiday rental - its usually like 20 a night, or 120/week/ person

the best site to find things is Loquo.com  its like the spanish craigslist - with casual encounters to lurk on too

hit me up with a pm if you need more help.

lenny

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 02:06:28 PM »
Stay in a hostel and that shit is cheeeeeeeeap. You could probably live on $5 a day in Barcelona...

Live on 5euro a day, yes. but it's bare minimum, no weed, no beer, only bread, meat, cheese and bottled water. 10-15euro a day is a little more realistic. also the hostels are 20-30euro in the summer/tourist season, and 10-20euro in the off season.
I was there for a year, and had 4 different apartments, the cheapest i paid a month was 180, and the most expensive was about 300, it all depends on who you know or how lucky you are.

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 02:21:52 PM »
I moved out here in Novemeber and have had 2 different apartments since weve been here.

were paying a combined total of 350Euros a month for both for everything.  Same price at the last place.
Thats a pretty standard "cheap" price for a room.  I live out by Placa de Sants, its less than a 10 minute skate to the center, close to tons of non-center spots, and its a pretty rad neighborhood thats mostly spanish types and not as many tourists.
I have some friends that pay 250, and some that pay 500, so 350 is pretty much a standard price.

if youre staying for a shorter time, get a holiday rental - its usually like 20 a night, or 120/week/ person

the best site to find things is Loquo.com  its like the spanish craigslist - with casual encounters to lurk on too

hit me up with a pm if you need more help.
I'm pretty sure i think i know who you are and it's safe to say WE MISS YOU BUB! +1 from the Bunny
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?