Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1881068 times)

codithou

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 41
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #11670 on: May 10, 2012, 06:03:10 PM »
I was going to write some mundane first world problems type of shit but I've had a change of mind after that novel up above.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #11671 on: May 10, 2012, 06:55:22 PM »
I hate unhelpful professors. I asked my professor what I missed, my grade in the class, and if I can turn in assignments early. All he gave me was some bullshit 5 word response. How the fuck can I pass a class if I dont get help.

Popeyesfriedchicken, if you need to get things off your chest send me a pm.

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #11672 on: May 10, 2012, 08:38:50 PM »
Popeyesfriedchicken, if you need an ear to speak to, just PM me.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #11673 on: May 10, 2012, 10:20:21 PM »
popeyes, don't give up on trying to get disability.  if you don't have a lawyer, get one.  most of them don't require any payment unless they win your case.  i just got on after fighting for it for the past 6 years.  i felt the way you did for a really long time.  i know it sucks and its hard to hear, but keep trying and be persistent.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11674 on: May 11, 2012, 11:58:15 PM »
I think me and my girlfriend are about to split. Its not something i enjoy thinking about.

But my problems are petty. My heart goes out to those who really need a shoulder.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 12:43:16 AM by Upgrayedd »

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #11675 on: May 14, 2012, 09:57:25 AM »
Just found out the local shop is closing.

Rod Kimble

• Rep: -17
  • Thats number one!
« Reply #11676 on: May 14, 2012, 10:00:39 AM »
Just found out the local shop is closing.

Damn thats a bummer.

jimi420

« Reply #11677 on: May 14, 2012, 01:21:16 PM »
What part of Missouri popeyes? Maybe if you move in, You, Hate, and I can meet up in KC and skate the finished Penn Valley.

I'm pretty sure I fractured or dislocated my big toe. I've had sharp pains shoot through it daily for the past 2 months. Worst of all is that it's on my push foot so whenever I push i get a surge of pain.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11678 on: May 14, 2012, 01:23:48 PM »
my sister is really lame.  she has been dating a fellow skater going on 5 years now, and just decided to up and leave him the other day to move in with some meathead.  she made it sound like she was just breaking it off and moving out to better herself, but come to find out she is dating this guy.  at the end of the day i just want my sister to be happy, so i support her if she thinks its for the best.  

The problem I have is that she insists on plastering this shit all over her facebook, swooning over this guy, saying how happy she is etc etc, when she knows her ex (my friend) is reading it (she left less than two weeks ago).  do what you gotta do, but don't rub the dude's face in it.  i'm really torn because the guy is an old skate buddy and has put up with all of my sister's bullshit over the years.  i also don't want to get into it with my sister because she has a lot of issues and one negative comment is going to cause major problems, but I'm finding it harder and harder to bite my tongue everytime she posts something about her new situation.  i just find the whole thing to be really fraudulent and childish.  still haven't talked to my friend either.  pretty embarrassed that my little sis is acting like such an asshole.

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #11679 on: May 14, 2012, 01:32:04 PM »
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

A.J.K.

« Reply #11680 on: May 14, 2012, 02:10:25 PM »
Expand Quote
my sister is really lame.  she has been dating a fellow skater going on 5 years now, and just decided to up and leave him the other day to move in with some meathead.  she made it sound like she was just breaking it off and moving out to better herself, but come to find out she is dating this guy.  at the end of the day i just want my sister to be happy, so i support her if she thinks its for the best.  

The problem I have is that she insists on plastering this shit all over her facebook, swooning over this guy, saying how happy she is etc etc, when she knows her ex (my friend) is reading it (she left less than two weeks ago).  do what you gotta do, but don't rub the dude's face in it.  i'm really torn because the guy is an old skate buddy and has put up with all of my sister's bullshit over the years.  i also don't want to get into it with my sister because she has a lot of issues and one negative comment is going to cause major problems, but I'm finding it harder and harder to bite my tongue everytime she posts something about her new situation.  i just find the whole thing to be really fraudulent and childish.  still haven't talked to my friend either.  pretty embarrassed that my little sis is acting like such an asshole.
[close]

Ugh, that does suck.  If you know how your sister is, would it be easier to talk to your homie and get him to unfriend her?  He can also stay friends with her and make it so he doesn't see her shit on there.
I have no useful input here, but girls like that are THE worse.  No one cares about you and your boyfriend that are destined for failure.

Also this isn't coming from an experienced point of view, but why don't you just call your sister on her bullshit?  Maybe not in an aggressive way, but if you really have a problems with her just address them.  It might be a shit storm in the short term but you could help her out long term potentially.  Like HATE said, just tell your friend to distance himself from her as much as he can.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11681 on: May 14, 2012, 05:09:03 PM »
dreading it, but i know it must be done

Archers of Chaka

• Rep: -10
« Reply #11682 on: May 17, 2012, 06:28:55 AM »
It seems like whenever I hurt myself badly it's always on easy and simple tricks.  For example, the worst injury I've ever had was from a botched warm- up ollie down a four stair a few years back. I popped it a little too early, went to kick out and ended up landing on my ankle sideways and hurting it pretty bad.

Just today I was skating the ledge at my local park. I went for a quick fs 50-50 and instead of locking in I ollied on to the top the ledge by mistake, all four wheels got on top of the ledge. What I didn't know was someone was probably trying bluntslides earlier because the top of the ledge was waxed the fuck out. I instantly slipped out and landed on my ass and on my left wrist. My ass feels better, but my wrist is still killing me.

Citizen on Patron

• Rep: -11
« Reply #11683 on: May 17, 2012, 07:22:04 AM »
I hate ankle injuries  :'(

Archers of Chaka

• Rep: -10
« Reply #11684 on: May 17, 2012, 04:56:21 PM »
When I'm actually trying a difficult trick I'll still eat shit and get hurt from it, but never as badly as I've been hurt just fucking around on an easy trick and accidentally messing up. I think that's just how it goes for most skaters.
When you try a super hard trick, you're prepared to fall and eat shit,so a lot of times you'll get hurt less because you actually expect to eat shit, as opposed to when people mess up on an easy trick, because they're never expecting to fall. They always underestimate it.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11685 on: May 17, 2012, 05:31:08 PM »
local diy spot got bulldozed.  apparently because of kids tagging nearby trains.  guilt by association.

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11686 on: May 18, 2012, 10:15:56 AM »
local diy spot got bulldozed.  apparently because of kids tagging nearby trains.  guilt by association.

Well that's such a bummer. Sorry for that loss, dude.

So far, I havent been hired after applying to 12 different places. Summer is gonna suck if I don't make some money.

Citizen on Patron

« Reply #11687 on: May 18, 2012, 10:21:35 AM »
Expand Quote
local diy spot got bulldozed.?  apparently because of kids tagging nearby trains.?  guilt by association.
[close]

Well that's such a bummer. Sorry for that loss, dude.

So far, I havent been hired after applying to 12 different places. Summer is gonna suck if I don't make some money.

Tell me about it man. I've been on a major bummer for like 5 months... I dont have a phone so it makes it really really hard

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #11688 on: May 18, 2012, 01:44:59 PM »
I had been waiting to skate this awesome round rail over a sidewalk planter gap for over a year.  Usually the problem is that there are cars parked really close to it, making the chance of hitting one with your board really high.  I'm not looking to mess up someone's car, so I've been patiently waiting for a street cleaning day on that side of the street to coincide with a day off.  Today the fates aligned, providing me with a 1.5 hour window of unobstructed shredding.  Or so I thought.  Turns out that one of the spots neighbors is a local food bank, which apparently the same hours as street cleaning.  I might as well have been trying to skate in mid-town there was so much foot traffic.  Trife.  I was only able to get comfortable with the speed and approach and fully commit on a few attempts before the cars filled the block again.  Came close on one, but no makes.

codithou

« Reply #11689 on: May 18, 2012, 03:01:09 PM »
I think I messed up some ligament on the outside of my right knee. It doesn't hurt to walk or bend usually, but if I'm out skating, after about an hour it starts slowly hurting and if I keep skating the pain becomes unbearable within a few hours and it takes a day to go away. I've been reading about knee injuries but there are so many different kinds so I don't really know what my specific problem is related to. The pain is generally right on the ligament on the outside of my right knee and doesn't spread too far up my thigh or down my calf.  ???

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #11690 on: May 18, 2012, 03:53:06 PM »
I think I messed up some ligament on the outside of my right knee. It doesn't hurt to walk or bend usually, but if I'm out skating, after about an hour it starts slowly hurting and if I keep skating the pain becomes unbearable within a few hours and it takes a day to go away. I've been reading about knee injuries but there are so many different kinds so I don't really know what my specific problem is related to. The pain is generally right on the ligament on the outside of my right knee and doesn't spread too far up my thigh or down my calf.  ???

I was just diagnosed with a slight tear in my meniscus.  It sounds similar to what you described, especially how it get worse after an hour and it's on the outside of the knee.  If you have health insurance go see a sports medicine doctor, they'll get you an mri.  I was initially misdiagnosed with IT band syndrome by  a normal doctor.

Citizen on Patron

« Reply #11691 on: May 18, 2012, 03:54:46 PM »
I'm not stoked on everyone getting injured

codithou

« Reply #11692 on: May 18, 2012, 05:38:12 PM »
Expand Quote
I think I messed up some ligament on the outside of my right knee. It doesn't hurt to walk or bend usually, but if I'm out skating, after about an hour it starts slowly hurting and if I keep skating the pain becomes unbearable within a few hours and it takes a day to go away. I've been reading about knee injuries but there are so many different kinds so I don't really know what my specific problem is related to. The pain is generally right on the ligament on the outside of my right knee and doesn't spread too far up my thigh or down my calf.  ???
[close]

I was just diagnosed with a slight tear in my meniscus.  It sounds similar to what you described, especially how it get worse after an hour and it's on the outside of the knee.  If you have health insurance go see a sports medicine doctor, they'll get you an mri.  I was initially misdiagnosed with IT band syndrome by  a normal doctor.
Fuck that doesn't sound fun at all and I don't have health insurance. I guess I'll be on google looking for home remedies for awhile.

If you only have a slight tear then what is the healing procedure for that? Is surgery necessary for it or does it heal itself over time?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 05:40:03 PM by codithou »

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #11693 on: May 18, 2012, 06:28:41 PM »
I don't think it heals over time.  I just get the results a couple days ago so I'll pm you after I go back to the doctor to hear what his recommendation is...sometime next week.  Since I'm going back I'm going to get another X-ray on my wrist.  I think I need a Jason Dill brace.  Fucking injuries just keep piling up!

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11694 on: May 19, 2012, 01:01:32 AM »
I'm not stoked on everyone getting injured
Seriously man.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #11695 on: May 20, 2012, 02:38:52 AM »
Bruised my heel from bombing a hill yesterday. Got speed wobbles, tried to run out, I think I tried to stay on my feet too long, ended up sliding on the ground anyway. I also had cupsole shoes with thick insoles, I smacked my foot so hard the extra cushion didn't help.  :(

Dutch

• Rep: 10
« Reply #11696 on: May 20, 2012, 06:30:28 AM »
Broke my truck and fucked up my foot, good sesh but horrible ending...
might have to get this checked:

new colorway foot ;)

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11697 on: May 20, 2012, 09:50:46 AM »
Broke my truck and fucked up my foot, good sesh but horrible ending...
might have to get this checked:

new colorway foot ;)

Yeesh. I didn't know Smeagle skates

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11698 on: May 20, 2012, 06:52:09 PM »
fucking termite swarms!  >:(

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #11699 on: May 20, 2012, 09:35:18 PM »
smashed my knee into a biker at the park and ended my session.
and it was my fault, cause of my weird lines.
@idealhandmades