Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1881054 times)

escapistfool

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #11700 on: May 21, 2012, 05:27:33 AM »
Still doing my fucking essay.

R. D. Pullman

• Rep: -2
  • it'lldo
« Reply #11701 on: May 22, 2012, 09:11:31 PM »
found a hastings gift card in my wallet, spent about 2 hours picking out music from the used cd selection online, when the time came to enter the code thing it turns out i already spent that credit and kept the card for some stupid reason.

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #11702 on: May 22, 2012, 11:16:32 PM »
Fucked up the shutter of my favorite cameras over some dumb bullshit. I'll try and figure out how to fix it myself, but I know I'll end up dropping $100 on a 5 minute repair by a pro.
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #11703 on: May 23, 2012, 10:54:31 PM »
Fucked up the shutter of my favorite cameras over some dumb bullshit. I'll try and figure out how to fix it myself, but I know I'll end up dropping $100 on a 5 minute repair by a pro.

What exactly happened?

HairyCunt

• Rep: -348
« Reply #11704 on: May 25, 2012, 07:40:27 PM »
Montreal student protesters. Spoiled kids.

FART BOY

• Rep: 10
« Reply #11705 on: May 25, 2012, 10:19:14 PM »
A friend who I used to be close with called and the conversation didn't turn out as good as I thought. Before he left for a couple of months we were drinking/smoking/doing other things, But I could see he was changing. When he left he was getting way more into it, but at the same time it seemed like he was getting his shit straight. It turned out the complete opposite. We started talking about what's going on in the world, how each other has been then the lunatic style rambling started. He was saying shit I couldn't believe, but then he told me he tried LSD, and DMT with one of the peaks on his trips. Among many other things he shouldn't have touched. He could be lying but I know that or something else brought out deep down mental issues in him. It was only a matter of time, It's just sad to see another good friend go so down hill again.

David

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11706 on: May 25, 2012, 10:39:44 PM »
A friend who I used to be close with called and the conversation didn't turn out as good as I thought. Before he left for a couple of months we were drinking/smoking/doing other things, But I could see he was changing. When he left he was getting way more into it, but at the same time it seemed like he was getting his shit straight. It turned out the complete opposite. We started talking about what's going on in the world, how each other has been then the lunatic style rambling started. He was saying shit I couldn't believe, but then he told me he tried LSD, and DMT with one of the peaks on his trips. Among many other things he shouldn't have touched. He could be lying but I know that or something else brought out deep down mental issues in him. It was only a matter of time, It's just sad to see another good friend go so down hill again.

Probably a good time for him to have a friend/s around. Just a thought.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 11:14:48 PM by David »

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #11707 on: May 25, 2012, 11:11:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What exactly happened?
Sorry, didn't see this until now.

I had my shutter release button lock on while I was shooting some long exposures. I had my cable release cord in and forgetting to unlock the shutter release first, I pressed it. Apparently this fucks with something inside the shutter release button, basically not allowing me to use a cable release for it, meaning no long exposures with that camera for a while. At least the shutter release works when pressed regularly, but it's definitely not how I wanted to start out my summer.

A few friends of me have had similar problems and recommended a few guys that can fix it for a reasonable price.
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

Dutch

« Reply #11708 on: May 26, 2012, 02:17:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Broke my truck and fucked up my foot, good sesh but horrible ending...
might have to get this checked:

new colorway foot ;)
[close]

Yeesh. I didn't know Smeagle skates
;D lol
Didnt think it was broken until a visit to the hostpital...
DAMMID >:(

FART BOY

« Reply #11709 on: May 26, 2012, 09:56:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Probably a good time for him to have a friend/s around. Just a thought.

Everyone that knows him tried to help, it just doesn't work. More and more he would start treating people like garbage and pull some sleazy acts so people would end up dipping out. At the end of the day I would try to help him out as much as I could with whatever, hang, talk and everything else. But he's shutting the world out for his fantasy one.

I never like seeing people as some type of lost cause.. but he's creating that situation for him. My words get twisted or mean the opposite of what they're intended too. But I'm going to try to stick it out with him

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11710 on: May 26, 2012, 11:55:28 AM »
unless some of the other stuff 'he shouldnt have touched' were hard drugs, experimenting with DMT and LSD is incredibly common and not a sign of insanity at all. If it becomes habitual maybe but tons of people just need to try shit out and figure out things for themselves and are perfectly capable of living a full and healthy life even while using psychedelics off and on.

im not stoked on breaking in new trucks, i already am terrible at skating and just spending so long on relearning every grind is incredibly frustrating. also i'm regular but on my last set of trucks i ground the kingpin nut down so far it wasn't even funny. now that i have new ones on im already grinding on the kingpin on some things, i dont understand trucks.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #11711 on: May 26, 2012, 12:52:10 PM »

My dog was put to sleep last night. I'll miss that little guy. Here's 2 photos I took of him near his last days.

Irvine-Sucks.com

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #11712 on: May 26, 2012, 01:49:34 PM »
Dude, that second photo is awesome. Sorry for your loss.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

FART BOY

« Reply #11713 on: May 26, 2012, 05:46:21 PM »
unless some of the other stuff 'he shouldnt have touched' were hard drugs, experimenting with DMT and LSD is incredibly common and not a sign of insanity at all. If it becomes habitual maybe but tons of people just need to try shit out and figure out things for themselves and are perfectly capable of living a full and healthy life even while using psychedelics off and on.

im not stoked on breaking in new trucks, i already am terrible at skating and just spending so long on relearning every grind is incredibly frustrating. also i'm regular but on my last set of trucks i ground the kingpin nut down so far it wasn't even funny. now that i have new ones on im already grinding on the kingpin on some things, i dont understand trucks.

Oh yes, I know that. I guess I could have worded that like it made him become insane but that's not what I'm trying to say. I feel like it could have triggered some issues, but that's more beside the point. I also have nothing against psychedelics and everything else. But this is the second close friend I've seen spiral out of control from a lot of things, It's crazy.

Sgt.Pepper

• Rep: -167
« Reply #11714 on: May 26, 2012, 09:52:07 PM »
You can't get a good looking asian chick in my town, unless you're Filipino or black
"I'd be a teenage virgin, jerking off in my bedroom
 if I wasnt a 20 year old virgin that didn't have a bedroom."

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #11715 on: May 26, 2012, 09:57:13 PM »
had to miss my best friend's wedding today.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #11716 on: May 26, 2012, 10:53:47 PM »
fucking identity /credit card fraud. lucky I caught it quick and am only out $400 at the moment. The bank cancelled my card after I called about it being suspended, hopefully they'll have my shit refunded by Monday morning. They asked to talk to my partner so he could confirm that I managed to not travel from Maine to Florida in 4 hours. All this shit right in the middle of looking for a new house too. Fucker.

pappalardospizza

• Rep: -2
« Reply #11717 on: May 27, 2012, 07:23:00 PM »
This summer has been pretty awful. 4 days into it my girlfriend called me and said it is not the right time, even though she is the one that wanted to date fully. We're going to see how things go when school starts again but I'm still bummed. I've been drinking a lot more than usual lately. Also a few years ago my friends and I got jumped by some hoods and apparently the only guy who got caught is now drafted for the nfl. It blows my mind how the worst people end up making the most money. Also homeless people have been bumming me out too.

ChildOfTheBurbs

• Rep: -65513
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11718 on: May 27, 2012, 07:28:29 PM »
The moment when you realize that breaking up with your girlfriend would be the best thing to do. :(

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #11719 on: May 27, 2012, 08:03:44 PM »
Missed a big party last night, probably would have gotten laid...but I had homework. >:(

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #11721 on: May 27, 2012, 08:40:32 PM »
Just snapped my tail on my last attempt after trying to ollie a bump to bar for 3 hours.  Probably won't be able to walk right for a few days and probably won't be able to skate for a week.

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #11722 on: May 28, 2012, 12:07:59 PM »
Just got home to find the AC is broken, and it's 90 degrees outside  >:(
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #11723 on: May 28, 2012, 02:09:03 PM »
Missed a big party last night, probably would have gotten laid...but I had homework. >:(
You made the right choice.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #11724 on: May 28, 2012, 02:23:24 PM »
I'm not going to sf.  I had to cancel my tickets the week before the trip, the girl I was staying with is going to be out of town.  Now I'm not getting laid and I'm not going to skate sf.  and I just wasted 320 bucks.

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #11725 on: May 28, 2012, 03:55:25 PM »
Came home to find that my girlfriend had left the house for some memorial day shit and left the stove burner on for what was probably 3-4 hours. I feel very fortunate that the whole fucking place didn't burn down.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11726 on: May 28, 2012, 06:41:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You made the right choice.
Not sure if that is sarcasm.

A girl at work hinted that if I went, something would have happened between us. Oh well, there should be other opportunities.

Archers of Chaka

• Rep: -10
« Reply #11727 on: May 29, 2012, 03:54:41 AM »
The zipper on a pair of my favorite pants broke, so now the fly won't go up.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11728 on: May 29, 2012, 08:53:29 AM »
Finished taking my final for economics. There's no way I passed. Now I have to spend $700 for a class to graduate and bring my GPA up. I should have dropped out after the bullshit midterm. I don't see how he can give us a study guide then have questions we didn't cover and info from the guide not even on the test. He spent more time going off topic in class then on the material.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
« Reply #11729 on: May 29, 2012, 01:55:32 PM »
Sorry for your loss, RCB3...
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud