Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1884059 times)

jimi420

Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #12300 on: September 23, 2012, 10:20:00 AM »
A good friend of mine died last night. It?s fucking crazy. I remember going skating with him when we were 17. I remember tripping cough syrup with him when he ran away from home. I remember trying to clean his system out every day when he was on probation. I remember every night he needed a place to crash and i would always let him because I knew how shitty  it was to be fucked up and need a place to rest. We went and bought fucking fried chicken, watermelon, hot sauce and 40s for breakfast. I can?t believe this shit. Death takes us all.

Dr Steve Brule

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #12301 on: September 23, 2012, 10:57:13 AM »
For all of you looking for jobs or a new career, this might sound strange but if you have any cash to spend I would go to a community college/tech school and get into Commercial/Residential or Industrial Electrician.  The program takes 1.5 - 2 years and you can make $13 an hour starting wage easy.  I finished the Commercial/Residential Electrician program last year but had a hard time finding a job at first.  A year and a half later I am in school again taking general studies and I get calls every couple weeks about resumes/applications I put in months and months ago.  Its really hard to turn down these full-time job opportunities but the government is paying me to go to school so its really hard not to attend university for now.
For Your Health

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #12302 on: September 23, 2012, 11:20:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
No work history in anything but kitchens and I'm over it. Truthfully never even learned that much. Applied for some juice bar/cafe just to get off the line and dude says he'd rather see me in the kitchen position. Doesn't want to see my talents go to waste. Joke is on him though because I don't have any.
[close]

wow, other slap posters are just like me! going through the same exact thing. im completely over the whole restaurant thing. its been building these past couple months. i was always happy as just a prep cook, but im currently training to become a supervisor. im learning all the stations, and its ok, except im now cooking on the wok (work in a chinese spot), and i absolutely hate the wok. so fucking much. and its funny, you say you dont have skills in the kitchen, i feel the exact same way. im decent with a knife and thats about it. we use woks and fryers. i couldnt get a job at another spot if i wanted to.
[close]

I don't know what you dudes are trying to do, what your interests are, but homes for brain damaged/regular/disabled adults are always hiring. Same thing with homes/residential schools for kids with behavior/trauma history. Most of the time the only req. is no felonies and a GED. Which is kind of sad, but you can go in and do good work. I worked in homes for troubled youth for 5ish years and it was hard seeing some fucked up human situations, but I learned a lot, had alright hours, and made decent money. look for residential care/counseling/aides, etc on craigslist or google.

Definitely gonna look into some thing like that. Sounds like it could be possibly depressing at times but I'm sure also rewarding. Also jimi sorry to hear about your loss man. Stay up.

Will Easley

« Reply #12303 on: September 23, 2012, 11:30:40 AM »
Woke up to the police knocking at my door to tell me that my mom died in her sleep last night. She was a single mother with me as the only child, so we obviously had a strong bond. I just feel really fucked right now man. RIP Catherine Easley

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #12304 on: September 23, 2012, 11:48:00 AM »
I'm really sorry to hear that man. RIP
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #12305 on: September 23, 2012, 11:48:40 AM »
So sorry to hear that man.  Stay positive and close to loved ones.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12306 on: September 23, 2012, 12:40:21 PM »
fuck. really sorry to hear that. RIP Catherine

cancelled

• Rep: -26
« Reply #12307 on: September 23, 2012, 01:16:42 PM »
RIP

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #12308 on: September 23, 2012, 02:13:31 PM »
Damn Will, so sorry to hear that. 
Make her proud, keep those memories close.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #12309 on: September 23, 2012, 05:03:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
No work history in anything but kitchens and I'm over it. Truthfully never even learned that much. Applied for some juice bar/cafe just to get off the line and dude says he'd rather see me in the kitchen position. Doesn't want to see my talents go to waste. Joke is on him though because I don't have any.
[close]

wow, other slap posters are just like me! going through the same exact thing. im completely over the whole restaurant thing. its been building these past couple months. i was always happy as just a prep cook, but im currently training to become a supervisor. im learning all the stations, and its ok, except im now cooking on the wok (work in a chinese spot), and i absolutely hate the wok. so fucking much. and its funny, you say you dont have skills in the kitchen, i feel the exact same way. im decent with a knife and thats about it. we use woks and fryers. i couldnt get a job at another spot if i wanted to.
[close]

I don't know what you dudes are trying to do, what your interests are, but homes for brain damaged/regular/disabled adults are always hiring. Same thing with homes/residential schools for kids with behavior/trauma history. Most of the time the only req. is no felonies and a GED. Which is kind of sad, but you can go in and do good work. I worked in homes for troubled youth for 5ish years and it was hard seeing some fucked up human situations, but I learned a lot, had alright hours, and made decent money. look for residential care/counseling/aides, etc on craigslist or google.
[close]

Definitely gonna look into some thing like that. Sounds like it could be possibly depressing at times but I'm sure also rewarding. Also jimi sorry to hear about your loss man. Stay up.

Dude, the worst part was the people I worked with and for, not the kids/residents. I was never depressed about it, more positive, then pissed off, then jaded.

Sorry about everyone's losses. keep your heads up. breath easy

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12310 on: September 23, 2012, 06:59:55 PM »
thoughts with you Will, so sorry man. r.i.p

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #12311 on: September 23, 2012, 07:23:53 PM »
Sorry to hear about your mom, Will. Try to stay positive. sending some good vibes your way.

I've been super bummed lately on skating by myself. I don't know a single person around the Phoenix area, and most of the people at the skatepark by my house aren't too nice. Really missing the folks back home right about now.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 07:29:42 PM by David »

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #12312 on: September 24, 2012, 07:59:17 AM »
Prof in this class has his door open and is blasting Guns 'n Roses and Bon Jovi videos on the projector.

Fuck that dude. I can see all his students sitting there waiting for class to start, must be so uncomfortable.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #12313 on: September 24, 2012, 09:24:51 AM »
Been listening to Big L a bunch lately. RIP.

edit: Didn't see the earlier posts. RIP also Catherine Easley. Sorry for your loss D00D.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 11:17:42 AM by ttching! »

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12314 on: September 24, 2012, 09:38:47 AM »
My jacobs have been aching for about 4 days now, booked a doctors appointment but it's not till the 9th. Anyone had this before? It's the right one. No lumps or anything i dont think (cancer is apparently painless too so not too worried about that). It's not agonising but its uncomfortable. Don't want to loose my bollocks, bitches love them.   :'(

RIP Catherine Easley
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 10:18:00 AM by Grubby Mits »

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #12315 on: September 24, 2012, 09:55:50 AM »
sorry for your mother, Will

Will Easley

« Reply #12316 on: September 24, 2012, 11:40:40 AM »
Thanks for the condolences everybody, words of encouragement from friends & family have been the only thing keeping my head up. It's sooooo much shit man. My grandmother (who was widowed earlier this year) and I have just started gathering all her bills, funeral shit, etc. it's a lot. We gon have to sell the house I lived in for years & ill be moving in with grams for the time being. Suites I crazy but st the end of the day I just look at as an opportunity to man up & rise to the occasion. She was super stoked on my music you already know that's my number one focus once all this is said & done. Again, that's for all support no matter how little it seems over the Internet it truly helps.

A.J.K.

« Reply #12317 on: September 24, 2012, 02:58:16 PM »
Sorry to hear about your loss, as well as Jimi losing his friend.  Death sucks.  Keep your heads up.

I've been super bummed lately on skating by myself. I don't know a single person around the Phoenix area, and most of the people at the skatepark by my house aren't too nice. Really missing the folks back home right about now.
Same problem, I haven't met anyone that skates, and there isn't really a skatepark around that doesn't have a minimum 45 minute bus ride to get to.  With my school and work schedule I don't have 1.5-2 hours to waste getting just to and from the park.  And skating street by myself sucks especially with no real central spot.

Also since i'm not 18 yet, my work doesn't have to pay me full minimum wage, which is $10.25 where i'm at.  It pisses me off because I have to work till 12:30 - 1 then get up for early classes.  

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #12318 on: September 24, 2012, 11:30:56 PM »
rest in peace to your mom D00D, thats pretty rough.  make her proud.

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #12319 on: September 28, 2012, 10:39:44 PM »
So I was trying to de-ice my shit of a freezer when I punctured a hole in one of the freon lines. Repairman said it's basically irreparable, and the property owner said since it's my fault and not normal wear and tear, I need to replace it on my dime. Bummer #1. So I get one off craigslist pretty cheap. Seemed to work fine when I looked at it, so I nabbed it because I'd already been without a fridge for about a week. Thing works fine, then just dies after a couple days. Bummer #2. That was more than a week ago. Been having a back and forth with both the property manager and the dude from craigslist and both seem to be going downhill for me. I'm already broke as it is, hence a craigslist fridge, and I'm buying food far too much because I can't fucking store it and I'm probably going to have to pay for another fridge or the repairs on this one out of my own pocket. Hat-trick bummer. Over a fucking fridge.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12320 on: September 29, 2012, 05:00:15 PM »
Cant get myself to skate around people. Always had a problem with it and now that I'm way worse and have no one to skate with I just can't do it.

Wall of Nausea

• Rep: -60
« Reply #12321 on: September 29, 2012, 05:46:31 PM »
A good friend of mine died last night. It?s fucking crazy. I remember going skating with him when we were 17. I remember tripping cough syrup with him when he ran away from home. I remember trying to clean his system out every day when he was on probation. I remember every night he needed a place to crash and i would always let him because I knew how shitty  it was to be fucked up and need a place to rest. We went and bought fucking fried chicken, watermelon, hot sauce and 40s for breakfast. I can?t believe this shit. Death takes us all.

no one get's  out of this life alive, man.

sorry for your loss, and try to hang in there dude. it'll strengthen you in the long run and give you some perspective on things. peace be with you.

Wall of Nausea

• Rep: -60
« Reply #12322 on: September 29, 2012, 05:50:11 PM »
Woke up to the police knocking at my door to tell me that my mom died in her sleep last night. She was a single mother with me as the only child, so we obviously had a strong bond. I just feel really fucked right now man. RIP Catherine Easley

So sorry things happened that way. RIP C.E. hope you find comfort in remaining family and your trials and tribulations add up to something good for you in the future, dude. That's heavy stuff, be good to yourself and your loved one's. Take care.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
« Reply #12323 on: September 30, 2012, 02:05:23 AM »
Hit in the nose by my friends board pretty damn hard while filming him. Somehow didn't break my nose.

Edit: this was meant for the 'stoked but not stoked' thread. Too lazy to move.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 08:32:50 AM by happenstance »

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #12324 on: October 02, 2012, 10:23:56 PM »
Whatever is happening here, I'm not stoked on it.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #12325 on: October 05, 2012, 04:00:41 PM »
went to the cinema today and 3 adverts before the film had skateboarding in
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #12326 on: October 05, 2012, 07:32:14 PM »
packages getting lost in the mail.

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #12327 on: October 05, 2012, 07:42:45 PM »
my thoughts and good vibes go out to all the pals in need. i didnt post it here when it happened but i lost my grandfather a little over two weeks ago. My hearts with all you guys.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12328 on: October 06, 2012, 01:00:05 PM »
Sorry to hear about your grandfather man. Good vibes right back at you.

Bronson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #12329 on: October 07, 2012, 12:32:47 AM »
Depression and social anxiety has been hitting pretty hard for a week or two.