Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1089359 times)

Mystical Leader

• Rep: -65
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #19980 on: June 12, 2018, 12:58:55 AM »
If you don't me asking Mystical - how old are you?

I've been in your exact situation, oddly enough at around the same time-frame. I would focus on things that kept me away from home like skateboarding and hanging out with friends more than usual. I basically used the apartment for sleeping and breakfast and went on my way for most of the day.

Friends at a time like this can be pretty crucial - don't be afraid to talk to them about it all. Also, I'd highly suggest staying away from alcohol or substances while you're still living under the same roof as it could make things pretty messy. That's just from experience... take what you want from this, I know every situation is different.

Thanks for the words!

I'm 28 now, I've been in this same situation before too and that was when I had one of my worst experiences with depression so it's just something thats stuck in my head that if it happens again I'm not sure I can pull through and be a "normal" person anymore.. Thou this relationship was quite a different than the previous so I know not to make direct comparisions between these situations..

And about hanging out more with friends etc. I'm not the most extroverted person in the planet quite opposite so it's really hard to push me to talk to people even my friends, I don't really do any socially media or chatting on whatsapp or anything like that. Also most of my friends have children so they don't have time like they used to. So I'm left wandering in the streets with my skateboard and my sketchbook..

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #19981 on: June 12, 2018, 01:47:28 AM »
I'm so over drugs but they help me so much. I just think this nigga cut in some etiz with the clam cause I just woke up in withdrawal and that shit ain't supposta happen like that. Plus this batch mad weaker.

Can't live with em can't live without em.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• Rep: 20
« Reply #19982 on: June 12, 2018, 02:10:58 AM »
If you don't me asking Mystical - how old are you?

I've been in your exact situation, oddly enough at around the same time-frame. I would focus on things that kept me away from home like skateboarding and hanging out with friends more than usual. I basically used the apartment for sleeping and breakfast and went on my way for most of the day.

Friends at a time like this can be pretty crucial - don't be afraid to talk to them about it all. Also, I'd highly suggest staying away from alcohol or substances while you're still living under the same roof as it could make things pretty messy. That's just from experience... take what you want from this, I know every situation is different.

Thanks for the words!

I'm 28 now, I've been in this same situation before too and that was when I had one of my worst experiences with depression so it's just something thats stuck in my head that if it happens again I'm not sure I can pull through and be a "normal" person anymore.. Thou this relationship was quite a different than the previous so I know not to make direct comparisions between these situations..

And about hanging out more with friends etc. I'm not the most extroverted person in the planet quite opposite so it's really hard to push me to talk to people even my friends, I don't really do any socially media or chatting on whatsapp or anything like that. Also most of my friends have children so they don't have time like they used to. So I'm left wandering in the streets with my skateboard and my sketchbook..

Might sound cheesy or fake but if your trying to get away on a vacation or whatever let me know. I've been in similar situations. I live in Seattle and have a spare bedroom so if you want to take a weekend or whatever off and check the town out on its best season send me a dm and I can see about hooking you up with a small crash space at my pad. Nothing fancy but its a room with a small air matress and i'm nearby a few skate parks.

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 835
« Reply #19983 on: June 12, 2018, 08:58:29 AM »
It annoys me whenever someone (especially in the skate scene) passes away from cancer and a bunch of people say "fuck cancer" but have no issues with the continued glorification of smoking and heavy drinking.  Like, you can live your life however you want, but there's something weird about celebrating the life of someone like Dylan Rieder with a photo of him smoking a cigarette.

There's something even weirder about editing history to reflect something that wasn't true and then push that image into the future. He was photographed smoking a lot because he smoked a lot. That's reality. Another reality was that it had nothing to do with his sickness. Should they give his photos the Walt Disney treatment and pretend things were different than they were so people don't have to feel mildly and absurdly uncomfortable?

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #19984 on: June 12, 2018, 10:15:45 AM »
he's fully part of skate poetry now, we'll sing his name for decades while being high
on weed and beer !

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 82
  • AndyRoysNeck
« Reply #19985 on: June 12, 2018, 02:09:31 PM »
i rolled the fuck out of my ankle on friday and i can't skate. i have to go get xrays done on because they think it could be fractured but i am able to walk on it and bare weight.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #19986 on: June 12, 2018, 02:44:24 PM »
Looks like i'm losing my job in 30 days or less

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #19987 on: June 12, 2018, 04:16:10 PM »
i rolled the fuck out of my ankle on friday and i can't skate. i have to go get xrays done on because they think it could be fractured but i am able to walk on it and bare weight.

That's shitty man. But, I skated with a broken foot for a fuckin year without knowing it was actually broken. I just thought it was sore because I rolled my ankles so often.

I hope you have a speedy recovery and it's just sprained

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 775
« Reply #19988 on: June 12, 2018, 06:35:23 PM »
Being sunburned

Sad Hippo

« Reply #19989 on: June 12, 2018, 10:09:03 PM »
I feel like I'm falling apart. I was doing so well health wise, feeling great, then went on vacation last month and overdid it.  Haven't gotten back on track and I'm hurting. Could hardly push today.

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #19990 on: June 13, 2018, 03:25:47 PM »
I want to kill myself but I don't want to. Skating was a good medium for that but my bodys too fucked up for it now.

I don't know what else I could do that's dangerous like that, I only like skating.

Johnny

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -39
« Reply #19991 on: June 14, 2018, 06:06:25 PM »
Iíve hit a serious low point in my life.

My best friend of over 20 years died several months ago from drugs. Probably the only true friend I had left. To make it worse, we got into a pretty bad fight right before he died, and said some things I probably shouldnít have. I never got a chance to say sorry to him and itís hurt me more than I ever couldíve imagined.
I have lost interest in pretty much everything. Havenít touched my board in 2 months. I havenít been eating well and I donít have the energy or motivation to even want to go out and do anything. Back then I never really understood what it was like to go through depression, and I never thought I would get to that point, but now I feel like I have mentally hit rock bottom and canít seem to pull myself out of it.  I have been seeing a therapist for the past month, but Iím not sure if sheís really helping me. Not to mention Iím still new at that so maybe I need to just give it time. She referred me to a psychiatrist too, but thereís like a 3 month long wait for her.
I never really aired out my problems before on here, but I seriously have no where else to go, and I really fear that Iím not ever going to get through this.

shark tits

« Reply #19992 on: June 14, 2018, 07:13:58 PM »
sorry johnny, i lost a best friend but he was across the country so it was heavy and i came home for the funeral and all that but i think it wasn't as hard as had we been hanging around leading up to it.
lost another really longtime, good friend. former roommate, pick me up of the streets and help me out, good ass dude.
then i lost a ton of street kids friends, not as long running but there's a facile intimacy of people spending all day together.
for whatever reason, none of them hit me harder than rusty. maybe cause he'd been over my house a few, 3 days before he passed.
shit fucked me up but i kicked dope behind it and i tried to be a better person [it didn't take much].
holler at me if you wanna talk but you'll grow even though you always miss your friend.

Johnny

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19993 on: June 14, 2018, 08:36:54 PM »
sorry johnny, i lost a best friend but he was across the country so it was heavy and i came home for the funeral and all that but i think it wasn't as hard as had we been hanging around leading up to it.
lost another really longtime, good friend. former roommate, pick me up of the streets and help me out, good ass dude.
then i lost a ton of street kids friends, not as long running but there's a facile intimacy of people spending all day together.
for whatever reason, none of them hit me harder than rusty. maybe cause he'd been over my house a few, 3 days before he passed.
shit fucked me up but i kicked dope behind it and i tried to be a better person [it didn't take much].
holler at me if you wanna talk but you'll grow even though you always miss your friend.

Thanks man I appreciate it.  For some reason I find it easier to talk about things like that on here than people close to me in person.
 And Iím sorry about Rusty.  I didnít really know him on here very well, I was still pretty new to SLAP at the time I think, but I know he was very well liked on here and in the skateboard community. I wish I couldíve gotten to know him. 

revfredmorton

• Rep: -49
« Reply #19994 on: June 15, 2018, 01:21:32 AM »
I'm so over drugs but they help me so much. I just think this nigga cut in some etiz with the clam cause I just woke up in withdrawal and that shit ain't supposta happen like that. Plus this batch mad weaker.

Can't live with em can't live without em.

wut?

CrumblingInfrastructure

• Rep: 20
« Reply #19995 on: June 17, 2018, 09:51:49 PM »
Hit my head real hard again... Now the sun don't shine like it used too. 

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #19996 on: June 18, 2018, 05:15:38 AM »
Had my first experience with whiskey dick hooking up with this chick over the weekend and boy was it bad; my dick was going between semi erect to hard the whole time and I could not bust to save my life.
Got moved to the 6am-3pm shift at work, first day on that shift is today. Was on the 11am-8am shift for the past like 9 months before and it was the perfect shift, I'm just a night owl at heart. Goodbye night life. I already know I'm gonna be dragging ass for the next week or two trying to adapt to going to bed and waking up so damn early.
Oh yeah, and my dumbass also somehow misplaced 300 dollars. Luckily payday is this Friday, but still, that's 300 bucks down the drain.
EDIT: I meant to put 11am-8pm; was just rereading this post a second ago and realized I put 8am by mistake; I assure you all I was not working 21 hour shifts hah.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 11:56:58 PM by Noble Experiment »

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 377
« Reply #19997 on: June 18, 2018, 06:50:44 AM »
a couple months ago i did the same thing: for whatever reason i put 3 bills in my little change finger latch thing in my car .. couldnít for the life of me remember what i did with it; was digging through garbage and all that

one day, opened that baby up (which i rarely use) and here they were .. it was glorious

i hope it works out for you too

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #19998 on: June 19, 2018, 10:37:41 AM »
My beautiful blue aryan eyes can't handle this sun I'm about to stay inside until fall.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 82
  • AndyRoysNeck
« Reply #19999 on: June 19, 2018, 09:48:55 PM »
my ankle is still fucked and i won't get xrayed until the first week of july, kinda sketched to be going to work on it because i don't know if it's fractured or not.

then today my neighbors pregnant cat attacked my dog and so to avoid injury to my dog i grab the cat up and threw it like a frisbee. it bit the fuck out of my thumb and scratched me everywhere, at least my dog is fine

Sad Hippo

« Reply #20000 on: June 19, 2018, 10:29:40 PM »
Felt like I was coming down with something Sunday night, woke up feeling like shit yesterday. Todayís even worse. I was just sick a month ago too.

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 623
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #20001 on: June 20, 2018, 05:09:26 AM »
Felt like I was coming down with something Sunday night, woke up feeling like shit yesterday. Todayís even worse. I was just sick a month ago too.

its been snowing cottonwood where i live and im just now getting over my allergies. fuck being sick in the summer.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #20002 on: June 20, 2018, 05:48:16 AM »
Update on my girlfriend battling cancer.
My girl had stomach issues and went to the hospital, she was terrified that it would be another tumor they missed etc. Turned out to be a stomach inflammation, true, that hurts but it's also easily curable.

We got the results back of her MRI and that was pretty good, since the tumor has shrunken quite a bit.
Results of her PET scan for the tumors on the lymphoid glands were almost clear.

She did a great job.

on the 9th of july her uterus will be removed. That will be tough.
Mentally as well :(

once again, thanks for the support to all.

Johnny

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20003 on: June 20, 2018, 06:43:38 AM »
My girl had stomach issues and went to the hospital, she was terrified that it would be another tumor they missed etc. Turned out to be a stomach inflammation, true, that hurts but it's also easily curable.

We got the results back of her MRI and that was pretty good, since the tumor has shrunken quite a bit.
Results of her PET scan for the tumors on the lymphoid glands were almost clear.

She did a great job.

Aside from the uterus stuff,  thatís wonderful news.  Everything will be alright. One step at a time.

morningcommute

• Rep: 0
« Reply #20004 on: June 20, 2018, 12:27:52 PM »
I tried to jerk off in the shower before work yesterday but I couldn't maintain an erection because i couldnt stop thinking about how disgusted i am by fucking fat smug suzie from the office's shitty attitude.

Mystical Leader

• Rep: -65
« Reply #20005 on: June 20, 2018, 01:18:28 PM »

She did a great job.

Aside from the uterus stuff,  thatís wonderful news.  Everything will be alright. One step at a time.

Stoked on this! Hopefully everything goes well!

silhouette

• Rep: 169
« Reply #20006 on: June 20, 2018, 01:43:03 PM »

She did a great job.

I don't think I've really addressed it before for some reason, or at least not in a while, but I think of you guys' situation literally every time I get on SLAP. good to hear nothing but (relatively) good news with every update so far. definitely sending you best wishes, mine and on the behalf of everybody else who reads your posts and don't get to reply, I'm sure there's quite a few like me. sorry to hear about the uterus removal, but whatever is necessary; the most important thing is that you'll both make it.

also sending thoughts to Mystical Leader and Paco Supreme as I can totally relate, I happen to be in you guys' respective situations right now, simultaneously. talk about a fucking mess. we'll be alright in the end.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 01:46:02 PM by silhouette »

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #20007 on: June 21, 2018, 02:14:37 AM »
thanks a lot guys, really appreciate it

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -475
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #20008 on: June 21, 2018, 11:29:48 AM »
It's raining all day in Chicago today. Some Go Skate Day.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down.

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -20
« Reply #20009 on: June 23, 2018, 11:14:39 AM »
Vinnie Paul died. Fucking terrible.

Rest in peace.