Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1884883 times)

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #20280 on: November 24, 2018, 05:28:22 AM »
  more bitching; I dislike when someone isn't landing tricks and they need to verbalize shit by either laughing 'at themselves' and then looking up at you or doing some thing like its neccasary to do so, when its completely not.  Just stfu. -(peace n love)
  Edit also the thing where the tm comes out with the pro board surprise after someone does a trick or something is now tiresome, thank you.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 05:30:12 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #20281 on: November 24, 2018, 07:46:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Sorry bro.  :-\
I have no advice to give even, cause I absolutely do not know how to cope with relationship stuff either.
[close]

It's all good. I'll figure it out and grow from it, whatever it is.

The thing's that I really hate is that of course there's snow on the ground here, I despise the indoor parks around here, and I don't have enough footage of my friends to really just sit and edit. I've been drawing and editing and cleaning and arranging and trying to go skate but I don't know if its my social anxiety or depression or hating the parks around here or all three but I can't seem to make myself go solo.

So I've just been hitting the exercise bike wearing like 15 hoodies and shit to try and feel like I just skated all day in 90 degree heat.

Edit: anddddd it's getting put off another day or something coooooool
[close]

do you have access to an instrument? getting a guitar REALLY helped me get out of those funks when i cant skate and have nothing to do, if youre into it its super easy to just sit and tinker on a guitar for a couple of hours

I totally back the guitar or any other instrument for getting your mind off things. The learning process is long, but if you really like music then it's really fun to learn, even when you're a total beginner. It reminded me a lot of skating when I first started and how learning even the most simple thing felt so good.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #20282 on: November 27, 2018, 12:39:06 PM »
My friend doesn't really skate but acts like he knows about it because his dad used to own a skate shop in KC tried to tell me that Chris Joslin is the best skater in the world over Tyshawn

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

MC3

• Rep: 129
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #20283 on: November 27, 2018, 11:18:49 PM »
It's Christmas time and I'm dead broke, can't afford gifts for anyone
(Cool Trick GIF)

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20284 on: November 28, 2018, 06:31:29 AM »

im in pretty much the same boat, but luckily my wife picks up a lot of the slack for me. its still going to be super tight for me with what i have to buy.

on similar note, i found a black friday deal on these pretty nice harman kardon headphones. normally $250 marked down to $60 direct from the company. my wife ordered them for me for christmas and today got an email saying their on back order and not expected to ship until september of next year. she called them and asked if that was a mistake because it sounded so ridiculous, but it was true. i dont even know why anyone would offer something that they wont have in stock for 10 months. i told her to cancel the order because thats way too long to wait, but im kinda bummed that im not getting them now.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #20285 on: November 28, 2018, 02:41:42 PM »
I feel that, had to get new tires for winter today, plus rent coming up. It’s gonna be a fun month.

Haha Maybe start a go fund me to fun your Xmas shopping?

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #20286 on: November 28, 2018, 02:58:46 PM »

doublesteveburger

« Reply #20287 on: November 28, 2018, 04:25:07 PM »
Being in a relationship can be an annoying distraction if your mind operates in project-mode. Sometimes solidarity is more enjoyable than a mundane conversation about your lunch break.

I’m sorry.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20288 on: November 28, 2018, 04:43:48 PM »
Are you still with that girl in Cali?

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20289 on: November 28, 2018, 06:23:22 PM »
Being in a relationship can be an annoying distraction if your mind operates in project-mode. Sometimes solidarity is more enjoyable than a mundane conversation about your lunch break.

I’m sorry.

Oh man, just wait until you get married

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #20290 on: November 28, 2018, 08:22:21 PM »
Expand Quote

I’m sorry.
[close]

Conversations can get tedious after being/living together for 7+ years.

eight two fives

• Rep: -26
« Reply #20291 on: November 28, 2018, 10:25:35 PM »
Red Dead 2 updated, now I can’t start the game without my ps4 crashing at the title screen. Fucking bummed on reinstalling.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20292 on: November 29, 2018, 07:15:22 AM »
R.I.P. Filmstruck, this seriously sucks.

Criterion Channel will be cool, but it's not coming out for another year.
https://deadline.com/2018/11/criterion-films-streaming-service-replace-filmstruck-1202503817/

Pigeon

« Reply #20293 on: November 29, 2018, 07:32:12 AM »
chronic back pain

HHH

• Rep: -4
« Reply #20294 on: November 29, 2018, 10:02:25 PM »
For the last months i've been feeling terribly tired/ low energy after skating. Usually I'm pumped before and after. Weed doesn't help much as my muscles get too relaxed to skate, also beer after sesh doesn't give me uplifting spirits.    Lately im feeling the most comfortable having low self esteem. Im in my mid 20s. Has anyone experienced this ?  :-\

doublesteveburger

« Reply #20295 on: November 30, 2018, 01:25:03 AM »
Childhood - sure am, that’s the one. Good memory dude.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I’m sorry.
[close]

[close]

Conversations can get tedious after being/living together for 7+ years.

7 years is pretty steep seeing as how I’ve never been in a relationship longer than 4 and they’re all typically Armageddon breakups... but, I’m still going to see this one through. The plan is to actively seek out ways to stray from the dreadfully boring. That and see how many different cosplay outfits I can punch the gnar button in.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20296 on: November 30, 2018, 03:36:01 AM »
For the last months i've been feeling terribly tired/ low energy after skating. Usually I'm pumped before and after. Weed doesn't help much as my muscles get too relaxed to skate, also beer after sesh doesn't give me uplifting spirits.    Lately im feeling the most comfortable having low self esteem. Im in my mid 20s. Has anyone experienced this ?  :-\

You eating breakfast everyday?   Do you consume a lot of sugar? Do you drink much  water?   

HHH

• Rep: -4
« Reply #20297 on: November 30, 2018, 10:47:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You eating breakfast everyday?   Do you consume a lot of sugar? Do you drink much  water?

Usually start my day with lunch before 12. I don't consume much sugar nor water. Any good natural sources of sugar? I try to eat a lot of oranges, apples but that doesn't work apparently.

eight two fives

• Rep: -26
« Reply #20298 on: November 30, 2018, 09:33:50 PM »
I’m becoming a big old bitch. Just teared up at the end of Elf.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #20299 on: December 01, 2018, 05:33:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Usually start my day with lunch before 12. I don't consume much sugar nor water. Any good natural sources of sugar? I try to eat a lot of oranges, apples but that doesn't work apparently.

Bananas are a good fruit for before and after (sometimes during) skating, also cashew and nuts if you're trying to watch what you put into your body are good, I'd also recommend fish and olive oil just because. Culturally sacrilegious, but try and cut the post session beer if you don't even enjoy it, alcohol will ruin your body a shit ton more than weed will. Drink a lot more water than you think you should be drinking, in general just try to listen to what your body has to say (pre-munchies time). For instance I've been feeling like shit recently too and I know it's because I've been neglecting drinking water and skipping meals, I work late nights so like you I wake up late and usually start my day with a light lunch before going skating and while the formula works when it comes to feeling light on the board, it burns you out quicker than you should so make sure to compensate with a solid post-session meal in the evening if you do that. Weed cuts your appetite to you'll have to force yourself to eat sometimes. Avoid fast food if you can, try to cook even if just to have quality control on your ingredients (and it's cheaper), and yes do not neglect sugar (I often do, but your body needs it). Basic stuff.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 05:34:51 AM by silhouette »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20300 on: December 01, 2018, 05:57:47 AM »
 I ask about the sugar cause it's bad.  Ur gonna get enough sugar regardless Imo.   I avoid fruit personally and load up on the vegetables.  But you should start downing water.  2 litres a day min.  Eat breakfast when you get up.  Skaters are atheletes whether we want to admit it so you may as well get with  a program. Quitting sugar was hard for me.  Strangely enough it was a coke phase I went thru 3 or 4 months ago that helped me quit sugar. -Pretty regular
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 06:01:54 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #20301 on: December 02, 2018, 08:11:27 AM »
^ I always figured the bad rep of sugar had more to do with how most of the sugar available on the market (in sweets, cookies, sodas and shit) is some processed shit that's totally bad for you but pure sugar in itself really isn't (in moderation), I'm a skateboarder though not a nutritionist so probably just talking out of my ass, but I can definitely feel it when my body is low on sugar, dizziness while trying to skate and whatnot. But jumping on candy or coke regardless of how tempting it is in such situations is still a bad move, hence me recommending fruit instead, apple sauce is an exceptional guilty pleasure of mine and I swear it will fix me when exhausted and recharge my batteries better than coffee (artificially) will.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20302 on: December 02, 2018, 08:31:51 AM »
^ I always figured the bad rep of sugar had more to do with how most of the sugar available on the market (in sweets, cookies, sodas and shit) is some processed shit that's totally bad for you but pure sugar in itself really isn't (in moderation), I'm a skateboarder though not a nutritionist so probably just talking out of my ass, but I can definitely feel it when my body is low on sugar, dizziness while trying to skate and whatnot. But jumping on candy or coke regardless of how tempting it is in such situations is still a bad move, hence me recommending fruit instead, apple sauce is an exceptional guilty pleasure of mine and I swear it will fix me when exhausted and recharge my batteries better than coffee (artificially) will.

You shouldn't exceed 50 grams a day.  There's 14 grams in a banana or a cup of blueberries.  Processed sugar isn't much worse for you -a lot of marketing from the health food industry would profit from you thinking otherwise.  They demonize processed sugar to make people feel better about consuming too much of their natural derived sugar. Sugar will fuck your life up.  Heart attacks and a endless list of diseases. Its like cigarettes. Once you get away from it you don't even miss it anyway. - 2 cents

CoMpLeMeNts4U

« Reply #20303 on: December 02, 2018, 09:53:24 AM »
10 months ago I started getting double vision. One day soon after I woke up and one of my eyes was turned. If I tried to focus it straight the other one would turn inwards. It's basically called diplopia. There was something wrong with the nerves in my brainstem that control my eye muscles they said. Ruled out a bunch of shit. Turns out it's probably MG I need to get retested in a month. Myasthenia gravis which is a similiar autoimmune condition to MS. It could also be MS. I've been slowly losing my mind. I basically can't see to skate and slowly it's been growing worse and worse a feeling of vertigo and loss of balance. Just tried to skate and pretty much realised time to hang it up. Something snapped inside me. It's over.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #20304 on: December 02, 2018, 09:58:42 AM »
10 months ago I started getting double vision. One day soon after I woke up and one of my eyes was turned. If I tried to focus it straight the other one would turn inwards. It's basically called diplopia. There was something wrong with the nerves in my brainstem that control my eye muscles they said. Ruled out a bunch of shit. Turns out it's probably MG I need to get retested in a month. Myasthenia gravis which is a similiar autoimmune condition to MS. It could also be MS. I've been slowly losing my mind. I basically can't see to skate and slowly it's been growing worse and worse a feeling of vertigo and loss of balance. Just tried to skate and pretty much realised time to hang it up. Something snapped inside me. It's over.

keep your head up dude. this sucks and is horrible but stuff will get better.

artless

• Rep: 22
  • PFFT!
    • PFFT! skate stuff avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #20305 on: December 03, 2018, 11:26:34 AM »
Fucking depression... I am tired of it... all of it. Sucks not wanting to go skate.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #20306 on: December 03, 2018, 11:51:52 AM »
i drunkenly made a pass at my friend's ex and now i fear ive disappointed both of them
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

slippy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #20307 on: December 03, 2018, 03:53:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I can't imagine how you're feeling, that is really really rough.  Most skaters have to hang it up at some point and figure out other things to get that same stoke.  I am not saying what's happening isn't horrible, it is, but sometimes for me to know that there's still things to be excited about in the future can help!
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #20308 on: December 04, 2018, 02:24:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I can't imagine how you're feeling, that is really really rough.  Most skaters have to hang it up at some point and figure out other things to get that same stoke.  I am not saying what's happening isn't horrible, it is, but sometimes for me to know that there's still things to be excited about in the future can help!

Really sucks, truly sorry for your troubles.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #20309 on: December 05, 2018, 07:07:42 AM »
Damn slippy, I really hope they can help you :(

Here:
My girlfriend ended her revalidation today.
It will be almost 5 months since her last operation and removal of the tumor + uterus.

Yesterday we had our first check-up. The doctor said 'you look amazing' when she walked into the office. I admit,  she does look amazing. She's put on weight, but she still looks incredible, especially after everything she's been through...

We also heard she responded extremely well to her therapy. We heard that she had an 'adeno carcinoma' a more aggressive variation of cervical cancer. And in some of these cases the tumor starts growing again after the last radiation... in her case it kept shrinking. So she literally fought hard

She had a pain in her lowerback and it bothered here a lot. When she aid that to the doc he said it could be three things:
- or the cancer is back
- she could have small fractures in her spine from the chemo and radiation
- she could just have a small muscle ache...

That means the whole carousel of emotions starts again. Back to mri's and pet's... back to waiting endlessly on the results and hoping/praying she won't relapse.

I don't really believe in a physical god in the sky or guy with a beard, But I sure as hell will praise 'a force' that controls the universe. Besides being there for her along the way it's all I can do...

Kevin

« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 10:04:47 AM by DISTANT RUMOURS »