Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1884192 times)

idealhandmades

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #9750 on: March 26, 2011, 11:00:46 AM »
Made plans with people to go film and skate some spots today. I call them and they all bailed on it.

im on both sides of this constantly.
@idealhandmades

Doogie Howser Ph.D.

« Reply #9751 on: March 26, 2011, 11:04:45 AM »
Being stuck in a van

Nick Bruno

• Rep: 8
« Reply #9752 on: March 26, 2011, 04:41:25 PM »
The side of my back left door got smashed in because this guy didn't look while he was backing out.

ChuckD

• Rep: 3
« Reply #9753 on: March 26, 2011, 07:07:46 PM »

DUI last night...

VictoriousOG

« Reply #9754 on: March 26, 2011, 08:26:25 PM »
Just skated home from the park.

7.5 miles.

verbal ham

• Rep: 53
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9755 on: March 26, 2011, 09:18:19 PM »
Just skated home from the park.

7.5 miles.
you should be stoked on that ..or rather you will be

VictoriousOG

« Reply #9756 on: March 26, 2011, 09:29:03 PM »
Kinda of, it should have been posted in the stoked/non stoked thread. It was painful feat that had to be accomplished.

Winning?

onedimensionalboy

« Reply #9757 on: March 27, 2011, 12:04:38 AM »
I went out to shows/bars on an almost unstoppable basis when i lived in chicago, and usually had really funny and interesting times/good luck w/ girls.

Since I moved to La and got what is more or less a "real job" and moved in w/ my on-off girlfriend, I basically can't get myself to go out, even when I have time to do so.

Perfect example, she was gone all weekend and doesn't care what I do when I'm alone, I have more money in the bank right now then I have in the last year or two, there are some ok shows going on....

Yet, all i'm doing is drinking beer, smoking weed, listening to records and trying to force myself to go out and meet some kids (I'm not super social but any time I've been drinking and manage to get out I seem to meet cool kids/girls).

Just not happening, though. But, in my defense, this does NOT SEEM to be a walker's city, and I'm not into driving at all.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #9758 on: March 27, 2011, 06:36:49 AM »
Making life decisions. Im fucking terrible at this.

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #9759 on: March 27, 2011, 07:21:18 AM »
I went out to shows/bars on an almost unstoppable basis when i lived in chicago, and usually had really funny and interesting times/good luck w/ girls.

Since I moved to La and got what is more or less a "real job" and moved in w/ my on-off girlfriend, I basically can't get myself to go out, even when I have time to do so.

Perfect example, she was gone all weekend and doesn't care what I do when I'm alone, I have more money in the bank right now then I have in the last year or two, there are some ok shows going on....

Yet, all i'm doing is drinking beer, smoking weed, listening to records and trying to force myself to go out and meet some kids (I'm not super social but any time I've been drinking and manage to get out I seem to meet cool kids/girls).

Just not happening, though. But, in my defense, this does NOT SEEM to be a walker's city, and I'm not into driving at all.

a bicycle?

Making life decisions. Im fucking terrible at this.

follow your heart, homie. 

marginal way

• Rep: 51
  • making it happen
    • marginal way website avatar image
« Reply #9760 on: March 27, 2011, 09:18:53 PM »
^has never been to los angeles.
i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...
www.marginalwayskatepark.org

twitter- @MWDIY facebook- http://www.facebook.com/mwdiy

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #9761 on: March 28, 2011, 01:08:01 AM »
I went to school just to find out  the class has been canceled...FFFFFFFFUUUUUUU.  Seriously, fuck my college, this shit happens all the time. I wouldnt be complaining, if I lived 10 minutes away, but I have to spend gas for this peace of shit school.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 999
« Reply #9762 on: March 28, 2011, 07:46:14 AM »
Think my current job found out that I'm trying to get a new one. They randomly pulled me into a conference room today and offered me a promotion to a "Project manager" with a small raise. While that part is good, hearing that bullshit and having some bullshit title tacked to my name just makes me want to quit even more. God fucking damn I want out.

Ever hear people talking about taking a pay cut to work a different job, and you're like "bullshit". Believe that. Last job I interviewed for, I would've had to take 10k less per year, but I still would've done it. Mother fucker I need out.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #9763 on: March 28, 2011, 07:48:58 AM »
whan you buy new shoes and theyre both laced up...differently

VictoriousOG

« Reply #9764 on: March 28, 2011, 08:04:32 AM »
^The worse.

And Donkey Lips, a friend of mine left his asst manager position that paid him 10/hr and was only 15 minutes from his house to work at the shop for as a sales associate for 8.50/hr and its a good 45 minutes away.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9765 on: March 28, 2011, 08:16:05 AM »
^The worse.

And Donkey Lips, a friend of mine left his asst manager position that paid him 10/hr and was only 15 minutes from his house to work at the shop for as a sales associate for 8.50/hr and its a good 45 minutes away.
Gotta do what makes you happy and to be honest, money isn't always that. If you're bummed on what you're doing 8-9 hours a day, money really doesn't matter.

nocomply

• Rep: 147
  • Handsome
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9766 on: March 28, 2011, 08:47:18 AM »
One of my best friends broke up with his girlfriend two months ago(she dumped him). He was with her for not even a year and he just can't get over it. He was telling my wife the other night that he wants to send her parents a letter to tell them what kind of daughter they have.

For christ's sake man! Get a hold of yourself!

I tried talking to him about it, but he's in that mindset that nobody else understands what he's going through. I just want to smack the shit out of him. The last time he called me to whine about it, I said something like "you're obsessed man. You gotta get out of the house..." He got pissed and hung up on me.  The bitch aint even that cool or good looking! Move on!

sparksandblood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #9767 on: March 28, 2011, 09:41:14 AM »

Hmmm. I would think that living in Chicago would give you the motivation to enjoy all that sexy southern california weather. I live 4 hours from Chicago and would not even hesitate to leave the house if i lived in l.a. . But you seem to be doing ok with the weed, booze, and records. Put on some shit to get you hyped, get fuckin ripped and wander.
It was seriously like seeing Jesus on a skateboard.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #9768 on: March 28, 2011, 10:56:34 AM »
Paying $99.00 for a sticker, for my License plate, because I live in one of the least walk/bike friendly towns in Merica.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

VictoriousOG

« Reply #9769 on: March 28, 2011, 01:37:32 PM »
Fucking failed this shit.

Not really trying.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #9770 on: March 29, 2011, 06:03:15 AM »
i met this hot red head chick yesterday, chatted her up for a while, found out she lives in my neighborhood, only for her to tell me shes got a man.
i wish there was something a woman could wear that would let us dudes know that they are unavailable so we don't waste our time.  not like a ring or anything but more like a big blinking neon sign above their head that says, "i got some dick".     

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #9771 on: March 29, 2011, 06:24:49 AM »
most girls are whores and them having a boyfriend doesn't stop most of them from throwing that pussy out there.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9772 on: March 29, 2011, 06:28:12 AM »
i feel you.  you're only with somebody until you meet someone new. 

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #9773 on: March 29, 2011, 07:09:21 AM »
Anyone else in Southern Ontario has the winter-blahs right about now.
I really thought the snow was gone for now  :(.

For sure. What city do you live in?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 07:11:03 AM by crackrazor »

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9774 on: March 29, 2011, 07:17:59 AM »
i met this hot red head chick yesterday, chatted her up for a while, found out she lives in my neighborhood, only for her to tell me shes got a man.
i wish there was something a woman could wear that would let us dudes know that they are unavailable so we don't waste our time.  not like a ring or anything but more like a big blinking neon sign above their head that says, "i got some dick".     
See 'The Social Network'. Film says that was Zuckerberg's motivation behind Facebook.

And StabMaster is right - chicks are only dating a dude until another one snatches her up.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #9775 on: March 30, 2011, 06:03:51 AM »
got my mate a job for 5 days a week at the same place i work, hes always ill (works like 3 days a week average) and it was just getting worse, then he got "depression" because he broke up with his girlfriend so the management officially put him on 3 days a week so they wernt paying him 5 days worth of money for 3 days all the time.
he still doesnt even come in 3 days a week because he drinks/smokes too much and feels like shit in the morning which is weak as fuck because whenever hes not here i have to do his work aswell as mine.
the management said "right youve been on half-time for long enough its time to start working full time again" he asked "cant i just do 4 days a week" just so that he can go partying on wednesdays, they obviously said no but extended his 3 day weeks by another month.

I got him the job because hes too lazy and underqualified to get one for himself, and hes just blowing it back in my face by never turning up and making my job a fuck of alot harder.

well thats the last time i get one of my mates a job

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #9776 on: March 30, 2011, 06:19:08 AM »
Think my current job found out that I'm trying to get a new one. They randomly pulled me into a conference room today and offered me a promotion to a "Project manager" with a small raise. While that part is good, hearing that bullshit and having some bullshit title tacked to my name just makes me want to quit even more. God fucking damn I want out.

Ever hear people talking about taking a pay cut to work a different job, and you're like "bullshit". Believe that. Last job I interviewed for, I would've had to take 10k less per year, but I still would've done it. Mother fucker I need out.
[/quote

I'm in a similar situation right now. Months ago my work gave me tons more responsibility cause they basically forced a dude to quit. I was still getting paid the same as everyone else and after months they reward me with a 75 cent raise......spread out over a couple of months.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9777 on: March 30, 2011, 07:44:22 AM »
i just started at this job, i was there for 5 hours yesterday and so far i got to work with 2 shysters, some super bitter dude, a guy who doesn't give a shit about anything, a girl who walks around scowling and all of them are masters of complaining.
i really don't see me sticking around for much longer.  negativity is a disease and i don't want to be infected.

Doogie Howser Ph.D.

« Reply #9778 on: March 30, 2011, 08:04:16 AM »
architectural class

earlygrab

« Reply #9779 on: March 30, 2011, 08:05:06 AM »
i just started at this job, i was there for 5 hours yesterday and so far i got to work with 2 shysters, some super bitter dude, a guy who doesn't give a shit about anything, a girl who walks around scowling and all of them are masters of complaining.
i really don't see me sticking around for much longer.� negativity is a disease and i don't want to be infected.

sounds like a shitty work environment. Places full of people creating drama to find some form of emotional attachment to their career rather than actually trying to do their job and have some integrity and pride. If you can keep you head out of the BS, those kinda offices are easy to move up the foodchain since most people don't want to try.

Donkey Lips:
 at almost 40 I left my entire industry behind once I found out how it dead ends into a life of shit. I was working my way to the top over and over only to realize the people above me are fucking miserable and need to revolve their existanse around work that become completely unrewarding. Once I realized it was like that at every studio in my industry I was over it. Anyway, I moved my family across the country to try something new, took an almost 50% pay salary cut. Haven't been this happy in over 10 years. Life is not like The Wire, never follow the money.