Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880750 times)

MOE SYZLAK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #16410 on: October 18, 2015, 05:41:05 PM »
Had my local pre-order me a pair of sal 23 re issues, they showed up and they are too small  :'(

RickRust

• Rep: -26
  • Shout out all the pear.
« Reply #16411 on: October 19, 2015, 05:59:13 AM »
It seems that I'm magnetically drawn to talking to self righteous homos on the internet.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #16412 on: October 19, 2015, 07:52:39 AM »
my girlfriend and I got in a really dumb fight last week when she was drunk, then last night I got super drunk and told her how it hurt my feelings, then just went into this sadness spiral. Didn't sleep at all. Now I'm at work and all I want is to see her and know everything's ok, but I'm not off until 5 and won't get home until like 6:15 at the earliest. I'm a fucking mess right now. The worst part is that we were having a fun night before that, and I feel like I ruined it. Lately me getting super emotional when I drink has been way too common. It doesn't even make sense, since in actuality I'm probably the happiest I've ever been.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #16413 on: October 19, 2015, 08:22:46 AM »
It makes perfect sense dude! dont even feel bad, the more you love and have an amazing time with someone, the more terrifying being without them seems, just enjoy it and try not to think too negatively, but beware these irrational fearful outbursts can chase women away. Stay cool, just kiss her and enjoy her company instead of going on a massive tirade about how much she means to you and how bummed youd be if she left, maybe do something really nice for her(cook her a awesome meal in that extra time before she gets home, bit of wine maybe too), showing love can be more effective than telling. Just my 2 cents though, im certainly not an expert lol All the best man!

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #16414 on: October 19, 2015, 08:26:34 AM »
my girlfriend and I got in a really dumb fight last week when she was drunk, then last night I got super drunk and told her how it hurt my feelings, then just went into this sadness spiral. Didn't sleep at all. Now I'm at work and all I want is to see her and know everything's ok, but I'm not off until 5 and won't get home until like 6:15 at the earliest. I'm a fucking mess right now. The worst part is that we were having a fun night before that, and I feel like I ruined it. Lately me getting super emotional when I drink has been way too common. It doesn't even make sense, since in actuality I'm probably the happiest I've ever been.

My girl and I got in our first fight this weekend. Same thing like you we were both wasted and i too get emotional when i drink. We made up though and hung out last night and i was like " Was that our first fight"? Then we kind of just laughed about it. I told her i feel like an adult now cause any other girl i got in to a fight with, it was basically over after that. It's nice working things out with someone i actually like instead of other girls i did that with i wouldn't just care. Relationships are pretty fun  

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • sup breh
« Reply #16415 on: October 19, 2015, 08:42:28 AM »
It makes perfect sense dude! dont even feel bad, the more you love and have an amazing time with someone, the more terrifying being without them seems, just enjoy it and try not to think too negatively, but beware these irrational fearful outbursts can chase women away. Stay cool, just kiss her and enjoy her company instead of going on a massive tirade about how much she means to you and how bummed youd be if she left, maybe do something really nice for her(cook her a awesome meal in that extra time before she gets home, bit of wine maybe too), showing love can be more effective than telling. Just my 2 cents though, im certainly not an expert lol All the best man!

thanks man, I appreciate the kind words. I've already sent her several texts because I'm a sappy dingus, haha, but I'm toning it back now. I'm going to grab some flowers on the walk home and just hug her and tell her I love her when I get back.

And yeah Tobey, relationships are a trip. That's definitely a good sign if you guys can have a fight and then work it out though. Congrats man.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #16416 on: October 19, 2015, 11:16:57 AM »
I can't find my wallet anywhere.  The stuff inside is all replaceable but it was my grandfather's wallet that he dragged across Europe during WWII and gave to me years ago before he passed away. 

I didn't even get drunk or anything yesterday, skated, hungout with my chick and came home and it was here when I got home so  I don't get why it's gone MIA today.
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #16417 on: October 19, 2015, 11:47:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

thanks man, I appreciate the kind words. I've already sent her several texts because I'm a sappy dingus, haha, but I'm toning it back now. I'm going to grab some flowers on the walk home and just hug her and tell her I love her when I get back.

And yeah Tobey, relationships are a trip. That's definitely a good sign if you guys can have a fight and then work it out though. Congrats man.

Expand Quote
[close]

My girl and I got in our first fight this weekend. Same thing like you we were both wasted and i too get emotional when i drink. We made up though and hung out last night and i was like " Was that our first fight"? Then we kind of just laughed about it. I told her i feel like an adult now cause any other girl i got in to a fight with, it was basically over after that. It's nice working things out with someone i actually like instead of other girls i did that with i wouldn't just care. Relationships are pretty fun  

You both got this!

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #16418 on: October 20, 2015, 04:27:14 AM »
I can't find my wallet anywhere.  The stuff inside is all replaceable but it was my grandfather's wallet that he dragged across Europe during WWII and gave to me years ago before he passed away. 

I didn't even get drunk or anything yesterday, skated, hungout with my chick and came home and it was here when I got home so  I don't get why it's gone MIA today.
Sorry pal. My brother loses his every time he takes acid.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • sup breh
« Reply #16419 on: October 20, 2015, 07:00:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You both got this!
Thanks man! Everything ended up being fine, last night was actually really great. Hopefully everything worked out for you Tobey.

Also ill_Murray that fucking sucks dude. Losing things that have sentimental value is the worst feeling. Hopefully it was just misplaced at your house and it turns up soon.

RickRust

« Reply #16420 on: October 20, 2015, 07:35:02 AM »
smokecrack has autism.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16421 on: October 20, 2015, 10:05:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You both got this!
[close]
Thanks man! Everything ended up being fine, last night was actually really great. Hopefully everything worked out for you Tobey.

Also ill_Murray that fucking sucks dude. Losing things that have sentimental value is the worst feeling. Hopefully it was just misplaced at your house and it turns up soon.

Oh yeah we made up that night, it was just a drunkin shitty texting game on both of our parts. We laughed about it

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #16422 on: October 20, 2015, 10:29:20 AM »
Bought a new deck and one of the hardware holes in the front was drilled real sloppily. It's wider than usual (oval shaped to be exact), and there are little teeny cracks (pretty much pressure cracks, but the cracks run pretty damn deep) surrounding the hole. When you put a bolt in it wiggles too freely and you can kinda shift the bolt side to side.
Would it be ok to put a bolt in and tighten it like normal? or would that damage things by just widening the hole more? The bolt won't even stay in one place because it shifts so much, and I'm sure tightening it would lock it in place, but I'm not sure if that'll damage anything in the long run. I was just thinking about leaving that hole unfilled and rocking just three bolts in the front to be safe. I've never had this problem, so I'm not sure what to do.
I'm pretty neurotic when it comes to little shit like this with my equipment, so my apologies in advance if this is a stupid question, hah.

RickRust

« Reply #16423 on: October 20, 2015, 10:41:19 AM »
Bought a new deck and one of the hardware holes in the front was drilled real sloppily. It's wider than usual (oval shaped to be exact), and there are little teeny cracks (pretty much pressure cracks, but the cracks run pretty damn deep) surrounding the hole. When you put a bolt in it wiggles too freely and you can kinda shift the bolt side to side.
Would it be ok to put a bolt in and tighten it like normal? or would that damage things by just widening the hole more? The bolt won't even stay in one place because it shifts so much, and I'm sure tightening it would lock it in place, but I'm not sure if that'll damage anything in the long run. I was just thinking about leaving that hole unfilled and rocking just three bolts in the front to be safe. I've never had this problem, so I'm not sure what to do.
I'm pretty neurotic when it comes to little shit like this with my equipment, so my apologies in advance if this is a stupid question, hah.
3 bolts is what i'd do but ya could put a plastic washer for a #10 bolt on the griptape side of your board under the screw if you wanted to.

Edit: Wood filler and a file wouldn't be a bad idea either.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 11:05:58 AM by RickRust »

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #16424 on: October 20, 2015, 11:00:02 AM »
I'd just hit up the manufacturer. Most of those guys will stand by their product if it's not skated.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #16425 on: October 20, 2015, 04:27:15 PM »
Broke a 1 month old deck (it was still in good fucking shape) in a flatground trick for the first time in my life, not stoked on it for sure. i dont have money for a new one now and i dont want my girlfriend buying me a new one like she wants to (she gave me 2 of my last 3 decks). :|

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

shark tits

« Reply #16426 on: October 20, 2015, 06:29:21 PM »
Broke a 1 month old deck (it was still in good fucking shape) in a flatground trick for the first time in my life, not stoked on it for sure. i dont have money for a new one now and i dont want my girlfriend buying me a new one like she wants to (she gave me 2 of my last 3 decks). :|
if you translate some english songs to portugese like that bill murray movie or do something memorable i could see getting behind throwing you some loot for some wood. but if you're not gonna put in the effort then you better ride that girlfriend-wave til you get set adrift out to sea all alone. or worse, sharks attack you and leave you rent from side to side and missing genitalia.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #16427 on: October 20, 2015, 07:19:26 PM »
A friend and classmate of my 5 year old son was murdered by his dad this morning.

Unbelievable.

:o wtf? That's horrible

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #16428 on: October 20, 2015, 11:10:29 PM »
Shit happened to me with real low pro deck a couple weeks ago the board was literally only 5 days old and it broke on some bullshit switch frontside shove it, money for me is pretty tight and I only have a so much I can spend on skating stuff so I was bummed. Maybe let her buy you it and when your money is good again take her out on a nice date as a form of gratitude/payback.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #16429 on: October 21, 2015, 04:41:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
if you translate some english songs to portugese like that bill murray movie or do something memorable i could see getting behind throwing you some loot for some wood. but if you're not gonna put in the effort then you better ride that girlfriend-wave til you get set adrift out to sea all alone. or worse, sharks attack you and leave you rent from side to side and missing genitalia.

Ahahah thanks for the laugh! This girls is for life, i'm sure of it.

Shit happened to me with real low pro deck a couple weeks ago the board was literally only 5 days old and it broke on some bullshit switch frontside shove it, money for me is pretty tight and I only have a so much I can spend on skating stuff so I was bummed. Maybe let her buy you it and when your money is good again take her out on a nice date as a form of gratitude/payback.

Problem is i'm never good on money. I'm a college student, on a art school were you have to buy everything you use (thank you portuguese government), some is expensive as shit. When i think i'm good with money i always spend it in some canvas, oils, brushes... Money runs so fast in my hands. She's kinda rich, so she always wants to buy me stuff, but i feel like a gold digger or something. What i usually do is to do some art related stuff, a draw or a painting of hers, but that move is getting old. I think i'll try to sell some old stuff i have in home.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

RickRust

« Reply #16430 on: October 21, 2015, 12:48:17 PM »
Expand Quote
A friend and classmate of my 5 year old son was murdered by his dad this morning.

Unbelievable.
[close]

:o wtf? That's horrible
Yeah. A little different.

Hannity

« Reply #16431 on: October 21, 2015, 02:20:31 PM »
lately i'm not stoked on:

senseless road rage violence and shootings, machismo/pickup truck/gun culture, toxic reactionary masculinity that is threatened by every little thing, inter-generational poverty/crime and thug parents raising thug kids, "PARENTS" WHO CAN BARELY TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES AND YET REPRODUCE ANYWAY, broken and damaged people who pass on their baggage to their kids so they can perpetuate it, a sense of "fuck it" apathy that keeps us individualized and divided, cycles of mental illness, drugs and homelessness, misguided anger and undereducation, misinformation and propaganda, cheap alcohol and limited job prospects or future goals...

and that's just the tip of the iceberg

shark tits

« Reply #16432 on: October 21, 2015, 03:24:32 PM »
i wish rick rust looked like that wrestler 'ravishing rick rude'. he definitely has the best body on SLAP. rip him and bobby the brain!
Ravishing Rick Rude and Bobby Heenan on Regis and Kathie Lee (1989)

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #16433 on: October 21, 2015, 07:47:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Ahahah thanks for the laugh! This girls is for life, i'm sure of it.

Expand Quote

[close]

Problem is i'm never good on money. I'm a college student, on a art school were you have to buy everything you use (thank you portuguese government), some is expensive as shit. When i think i'm good with money i always spend it in some canvas, oils, brushes... Money runs so fast in my hands. She's kinda rich, so she always wants to buy me stuff, but i feel like a gold digger or something. What i usually do is to do some art related stuff, a draw or a painting of hers, but that move is getting old. I think i'll try to sell some old stuff i have in home.
My roommate in college sold his paintings to yuppies at art shows or craft fairs and would turn 10-15 of them in 4-5 hours, that's how he'd pay rent and eat. You could try that.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16434 on: October 21, 2015, 11:29:18 PM »
This instagram post

Really? Are people that desperate for likes that have to post this kind of photo? This dude's mom must be hyped she got over 100 likes

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #16435 on: October 22, 2015, 04:54:53 AM »
Not being able to put sock on my cast. I just cant bend that much, I need like 5cm, its ridiculous. I wanted to go outside, but Its so fucking cold, that I cant do it without something protecting my fucking fingers. I gues I have to wait until someone comes home.

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #16436 on: October 22, 2015, 09:57:37 AM »
I ran into some financial problems a few months ago and didn't tell anybody. Took a loan out against my car in order to make shit work. Hours got cut at work recently and I haven't paid on the loan. My girlfriend got a certified letter today regarding my lack of payment and is now really upset I didn't tell her.

Rent is due in a week and if I don't pay on the loan my car gets repossessed. Obviously my dumbass fault but fuck this sucks!

When it rains it pours, be honest fellas, it's much better...
p-shuvs and v-flips

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
« Reply #16437 on: October 22, 2015, 10:04:44 AM »
Hit up Adecco for some temp shit!, and lying to your gf is never a good idea, as the lie coming out will pretty much always be 10x worse than the original news. Maybe mentally prepare your self for taking buses, it aint so bad though

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #16438 on: October 22, 2015, 03:08:36 PM »
My girlfriend's car was stolen today. Never saw her so sad.  :'(

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

tobey

• SLAP Pal