Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880882 times)

eranka

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #19650 on: May 02, 2018, 09:03:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Some weird shit has been happening to me lately.  The past few months I’ve been waking up in the middle of the night with half of my left hand completely numb, usually my ring and pinky finger and about half of my palm. Almost every other night this happens and it takes a while to get the feeling back, sometimes a couple hours. I know sometimes this happens when you sleep on your arm or something, but this is not the case. Always happens when I’m sleeping on my back. Annoying as fuck.
[close]
See a doctor
http://www.chronicbodypain.net/everything-you-should-know-about-ulnar-nerve-entrapment-cubital-tunnel-syndrome/
sound like your ulnar nerve, theres alot of information out there.
but yeah, go to a doctor
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 09:05:20 AM by eranka »

jomeara1

« Reply #19651 on: May 02, 2018, 04:23:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Some weird shit has been happening to me lately.  The past few months I’ve been waking up in the middle of the night with half of my left hand completely numb, usually my ring and pinky finger and about half of my palm. Almost every other night this happens and it takes a while to get the feeling back, sometimes a couple hours. I know sometimes this happens when you sleep on your arm or something, but this is not the case. Always happens when I’m sleeping on my back. Annoying as fuck.
[close]
See a doctor
[close]
http://www.chronicbodypain.net/everything-you-should-know-about-ulnar-nerve-entrapment-cubital-tunnel-syndrome/
but yeah, go to a doctor

Yeah I’m definitely going to one soon.  At first I just wanted to see if it would go away on its own but I’m having doubts about that now.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #19652 on: May 02, 2018, 08:35:14 PM »
Week 3 of chemo started and last monday we got our first MRI since therapy started:

Results: although we were told results after the first two weeks would be very disappointing, it was quite the contrary today. The professor that runs radiotherapy told us the main tumor has shrunk several millimeters (close to a centimeter) and the other smaller tumors have also had a big blow.

That might be because my girlfriend is part of a program where they make 'tighter' radiation beams that can be used more specifically.

It's too early to cheer victory, but it's nice to be on the winning end of the spectrum for this round. I hope the other ronds will be even better.

Thanks a lot for the positive vibes guys (and girls).
Although I'm only a person that consists out of pixels to most of you, I REALLY appreciate it all.

Thank you.
Small victories.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

eranka

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19653 on: May 03, 2018, 05:59:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
See a doctor
[close]
but yeah, go to a doctor
[close]

Yeah I’m definitely going to one soon.  At first I just wanted to see if it would go away on its own but I’m having doubts about that now.

Try sleeping with your arm straight and not flexed and use a lower pillow and see if it helps. moving your hand and doing shoulder rotations might help you aswell...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d85QKyWvrbI
I havent seen the clip but thats one of the things you would do when you go to a PT. Dont over stress or flex it, just stretch and move shit around.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #19654 on: May 03, 2018, 06:49:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Week 3 of chemo started and last monday we got our first MRI since therapy started:

Results: although we were told results after the first two weeks would be very disappointing, it was quite the contrary today. The professor that runs radiotherapy told us the main tumor has shrunk several millimeters (close to a centimeter) and the other smaller tumors have also had a big blow.

That might be because my girlfriend is part of a program where they make 'tighter' radiation beams that can be used more specifically.

It's too early to cheer victory, but it's nice to be on the winning end of the spectrum for this round. I hope the other ronds will be even better.

Thanks a lot for the positive vibes guys (and girls).
Although I'm only a person that consists out of pixels to most of you, I REALLY appreciate it all.

Thank you.
[close]
Small victories.
good start !

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #19655 on: May 03, 2018, 01:44:23 PM »
  My good bud is prolly going to jail. He's been sending hash oil to his mom whos dying of cancer for 2 years and some caretaker called the police and made statements and shit.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

zzz

« Reply #19656 on: May 03, 2018, 01:55:17 PM »
  My good bud is prolly going to jail. He's been sending hash oil to his mom whos dying of cancer for 2 years and some caretaker called the police and made statements and shit.
Nah, all they would do is start an investigation, that's if they even care. Unless they have the package and he wrote his own return address on it, he's probably not gonna be charged.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #19657 on: May 03, 2018, 02:22:37 PM »
I’ve seen this before. Has a wife or loved one recently passed? Someone who’s hand you held in life?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #19658 on: May 03, 2018, 02:32:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Nah, all they would do is start an investigation, that's if they even care. Unless they have the package and he wrote his own return address on it, he's probably not gonna be charged.
  Hope ur right.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

jomeara1

« Reply #19659 on: May 04, 2018, 05:07:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
See a doctor
[close]
but yeah, go to a doctor
[close]

[close]

Try sleeping with your arm straight and not flexed and use a lower pillow and see if it helps. moving your hand and doing shoulder rotations might help you aswell...
I havent seen the clip but thats one of the things you would do when you go to a PT. Dont over stress or flex it, just stretch and move shit around.

My arm is straight when I sleep. I sleep with two pillows though so maybe that has something to do with it? 

Expand Quote
[close]
I’ve seen this before. Has a wife or loved one recently passed? Someone who’s hand you held in life?

Nope

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #19660 on: May 05, 2018, 01:08:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
See a doctor
[close]
but yeah, go to a doctor
[close]

I recently developed a very gnarly case of tendonitis and every morning I woke up my entire hand would be numb. Started sleeping in a padded brace and thats helped a lot. Definitely hit up a doc. For my case my doc told me surgery or aspirin/brace. I'll have to do the surgery eventually but i'm trying to hold out for as long as possible so i'm doing brace/cbd oil. Hope its nothing too bad man! Wrist/hand pain fucking sucks!

doublesteveburger

« Reply #19661 on: May 05, 2018, 05:36:47 PM »
Pops lost his job so I've been putting on my big-boy pants to help out the family. Not stoked that my saving's will be taking a blow but at least it came in a time where I'm able to help out any which way.

jomeara1

« Reply #19662 on: May 05, 2018, 06:06:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
See a doctor
[close]
but yeah, go to a doctor
[close]

[close]

I recently developed a very gnarly case of tendonitis and every morning I woke up my entire hand would be numb. Started sleeping in a padded brace and thats helped a lot. Definitely hit up a doc. For my case my doc told me surgery or aspirin/brace. I'll have to do the surgery eventually but i'm trying to hold out for as long as possible so i'm doing brace/cbd oil. Hope its nothing too bad man! Wrist/hand pain fucking sucks!

I actually just bought a brace today. I’m gonna try it tonight and see if that helps.  Definitely still gonna go to the doctor though. 

jomeara1

« Reply #19663 on: May 05, 2018, 06:08:14 PM »
Pops lost his job so I've been putting on my big-boy pants to help out the family. Not stoked that my saving's will be taking a blow but at least it came in a time where I'm able to help out any which way.

Have a gnar for being a good son. Wish your pops the best.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #19664 on: May 05, 2018, 06:59:13 PM »

That's what's up!
Gentleman ninja warlock

eranka

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19665 on: May 06, 2018, 03:06:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
See a doctor
[close]
but yeah, go to a doctor
[close]

[close]

[close]

My arm is straight when I sleep. I sleep with two pillows though so maybe that has something to do with it?

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Nope

Could be it, flexing your neck stretches the nerves in your arm. try a night without a pillow or a thin hard one and a straight hand and see if its better. try doing those flossing excersizes and shoulder rotations too.
unless you have had it for a long time the damage shouldnt be permanent, that means that if you change the factors that cause it to flare up in the first place the relief should be pretty quick. two nights should be enough to see if its getting better with those changes

walmart420

« Reply #19666 on: May 07, 2018, 01:33:34 PM »
For the past week I been thinking about buzzing my hair since I been thinning up top and I wanted to see if it was a viable option for when it gets worse. So the damn converse video pushed me over the edge and I did it last night.

I feel so ugly now, my hair was my beauty. Now I gotta wear hats for next couple months. Only good thing is I found out my head has a nice shape, like sinead o conners head. Fuck converse.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19667 on: May 07, 2018, 01:44:17 PM »
how can you say it looks bad and it looks like sinnead o'conner at the same time.

walmart420

« Reply #19668 on: May 07, 2018, 02:19:44 PM »
Well my head shape is sexy but my face ain't, I got a big ass face.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19669 on: May 07, 2018, 02:30:41 PM »

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #19670 on: May 08, 2018, 09:19:36 AM »
Every so often that song We're the Kids in America creeps into my head and gets stuck for like a day

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #19671 on: May 08, 2018, 10:03:46 AM »

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #19672 on: May 08, 2018, 10:09:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Every so often that song We're the Kids in America creeps into my head and gets stuck for like a day
[close]

damn you
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #19673 on: May 08, 2018, 10:16:00 AM »
also i get that song and this song mixed up
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AjY4Wj_-Zec
and have a mandela effect that this is what rick mccrank skated to in yeah right
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #19674 on: May 08, 2018, 10:23:33 AM »
now ive got this one in my head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5BL4RNFr58

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #19675 on: May 12, 2018, 02:41:33 AM »
rip designated survivor

:-[

pinkbananastatus

• Rep: 10
« Reply #19676 on: May 13, 2018, 03:41:04 PM »
I started skating with an old friend and his group a couple weeks ago. It was nice at first to skate with people after a year or so of just going out by myself for the past year or so, but my girl pointed out that I've started adopting all of their shitty personality traits, and just cut things off. I see what she's talking about and I don't want to slip into that personality any more, but I've just been feeling like shit about who I can feel myself becoming, and I'm not sure what to do to stop it.
I don't really understand what's going on and I haven't read this thread yet, but I can tell I'm angry.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #19677 on: May 14, 2018, 12:32:27 PM »
I started skating with an old friend and his group a couple weeks ago. It was nice at first to skate with people after a year or so of just going out by myself for the past year or so, but my girl pointed out that I've started adopting all of their shitty personality traits, and just cut things off. I see what she's talking about and I don't want to slip into that personality any more, but I've just been feeling like shit about who I can feel myself becoming, and I'm not sure what to do to stop it.
What sort of shitty personality traits are we talking about?

pinkbananastatus

• Rep: 10
« Reply #19678 on: May 14, 2018, 03:45:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
What sort of shitty personality traits are we talking about?
Ignoring friends I've known for years without even realizing it. Unintentionally 'coolguy-ing' it Skaters are fucking cliquey as hell
I don't really understand what's going on and I haven't read this thread yet, but I can tell I'm angry.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #19679 on: May 14, 2018, 04:02:23 PM »
My girlfriend is going back to Israel and I won't be seeing her for a year or so.