Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880891 times)

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #19680 on: May 14, 2018, 04:13:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I started skating with an old friend and his group a couple weeks ago. It was nice at first to skate with people after a year or so of just going out by myself for the past year or so, but my girl pointed out that I've started adopting all of their shitty personality traits, and just cut things off. I see what she's talking about and I don't want to slip into that personality any more, but I've just been feeling like shit about who I can feel myself becoming, and I'm not sure what to do to stop it.
[close]
What sort of shitty personality traits are we talking about?
[close]
Ignoring friends I've known for years without even realizing it. Unintentionally 'coolguy-ing' it Skaters are fucking cliquey as hell
  Go ahead tho and be imperfect.  -You gotta watch the girlfriends man, with them sometimes it's 'fake news'. 
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #19681 on: May 14, 2018, 08:28:22 PM »

Thrillho

• Rep: 133
« Reply #19682 on: May 15, 2018, 02:50:22 PM »
Thought I had the park to myself this morning until I pulled some crying 4 year old kid out of the bowl. Dad was sitting in his car. Then kid ghost rides the Huffy at the ledge I'm trying to skate for like 10 minutes because we're friends now, I guess.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #19683 on: May 17, 2018, 12:45:18 PM »
Entering the final week of the girlfriends chemo and radiation.
Last week she was so weak she couldn't have chemo, it would be to risky for internal bleeding and so on...
So this week she only got a half dose... hope it will be enough in the end to beat cancer. But like I said, it was too risky to get a full dose.

She can't eat that well anymore, has no color in her face, looks pale... she is taking a beating and all I can do is watch and hope she'll be alright in the end.

Helplessness... I could never imagine that would be so hard :-(

shark tits

« Reply #19684 on: May 17, 2018, 01:00:31 PM »
yo, this is as bad as it gets so you're in the basement but you're building up. hoping your girl is back in the high life again before you know it. obviously it's rough but just try to think in a yr, 2 yrs it'll just be something you look back on.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #19685 on: May 17, 2018, 02:18:19 PM »
yo, this is as bad as it gets so you're in the basement but you're building up. hoping your girl is back in the high life again before you know it. obviously it's rough but just try to think in a yr, 2 yrs it'll just be something you look back on.

Thanks man, appreciate it.

I hope so too...

Pigeon

« Reply #19686 on: May 18, 2018, 09:59:55 AM »
^
Best of luck, man.

Can she get a prescription for Marinol? If not, has she tried edibles or tinctures to help with appetite?

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #19687 on: May 18, 2018, 04:00:16 PM »
My major and coding in Java

Definitely not stoked on what DR is going through either; you and your girl have totally got it, we're all pulling for you dude.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #19688 on: May 19, 2018, 05:21:24 PM »
My wife ruined my favorite suit by washing it in our home washing machine.  She didn't know about the dry clean only thing.  She thought she was doing me a favor.  Medium grey Brooks Brothers with some stretchy stuff in it.  Maybe wool with 1% spandex.  So nice and comfy.  That was a great suit. 

ogbawtawd

« Reply #19689 on: May 20, 2018, 04:28:00 PM »
I moved back to where grew up. Vacation is coming up, so I planned out a road trip with my best friend from back in the day. Mutual friends said she went reclusive and antisocial in college, she seemed fine to me over the phone, whatever. We talked for hours about we'd see and I booked hotels and campsites. Fast-forward to today, and she bails out saying her dad came over and he's sick, so she's spending time with him. I asked her bro about it, it's all bullshit. What the fuck...
Talk to her in person, its easy to bail on things over the phone.

I just got back from a 10 mile walk cause my car wouldn't start at tobacco shop. I didn't have no socks, no pockets on my shorts, a shirt that barely covered my belly, and in kratom and phenibut withdrawal cause I just woke up and was tryin to get a cigarette right quick. I was probably lookin crazy out there.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #19690 on: May 20, 2018, 07:45:49 PM »
Positive vibes to you DR

Moving sucks and my parents asked me not to buy boxes and once they and my roommate's parents came I haven't been able to do things the way I want to and feel all claustrophobic and rushed
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19692 on: May 21, 2018, 11:50:17 AM »
I just got back from a 10 mile walk cause my car wouldn't start at tobacco shop. I didn't have no socks, no pockets on my shorts, a shirt that barely covered my belly, and in kratom and phenibut withdrawal cause I just woke up and was tryin to get a cigarette right quick. I was probably lookin crazy out there.

ya if they only knew how much you got it together like us on slap, they prolly let it slide
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
Gentleman ninja warlock

ogbawtawd

« Reply #19694 on: May 21, 2018, 06:36:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

ya if they only knew how much you got it together like us on slap, they prolly let it slide
Hey I'm doin better at least. This ain't a quick battle, this is the long war with me.

shark tits

« Reply #19695 on: May 21, 2018, 06:42:54 PM »
yo bawtawd,
what happened w/ that mod beef you were talking about?

ogbawtawd

« Reply #19696 on: May 21, 2018, 06:49:36 PM »
Nothing really, they just locked the shit then let someone change the password, but that type of thing could have unforeseen consequences. Like when you can't get into your history to delete posts.

shark tits

« Reply #19697 on: May 21, 2018, 09:48:20 PM »
so this salvadorean kid i usedta take skating sometimes and he kinda needs a father figure cause he's living w/ single mom and getting in fights, i kinda blew him off for a while cause like, i don't wanna be king of the kids. i think i'd feel less weird about it if i drove or had a job or whatever normal people do.  so he said he's dropped outta school and gonna have to live somewhere else.
his dad got kicked out the country and his cousin got murdered in VA. he's prolly got ptsd.
he's grounded by the state or i told him to skate our diy. i feel lousy. he goes 'i got a machete if you need to chop stuff' and i goes 'of course you do, that's your culture'.
good kid, i hope he gets legal.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19698 on: May 23, 2018, 07:04:46 PM »
he's grounded by the state or i told him to skate our diy. i feel lousy. he goes 'i got a machete if you need to chop stuff' and i goes 'of course you do, that's your culture'.

As a Salvadorian I approve. Also this reminds of this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDfCqBgUCgg

Sad Hippo

« Reply #19699 on: May 25, 2018, 04:38:18 PM »
I fucked around when I was like 18 and 19 and got kicked out of community college, or academically dismissed. Basically I wasted a ton of my parents money by registering, going for a week, and then not dropping the classes.  Long story short, the damage it did to my GPA came back to bite me in the ass, and although I graduated with honors from a 4 year school later on, I just got a rejection letter from a graduate program I applied to.  Pretty bummed out, nobody likes rejection.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19700 on: May 26, 2018, 11:09:07 AM »
Skated by my local on my way to get a haircut and saw that Baby Scumbag kid

ogbawtawd

« Reply #19701 on: May 26, 2018, 02:22:05 PM »
Old friend got awdw for fuckin a dude uo with a stick or somethin who tried to steal. I told him like a month ago that's why I don't do that cause I don't wanna kill nobody. Has 2 babies and probably going back to prison.

You should try and convince your friends to play it smart and obey the law. Sometimes.

Excerpt from the book -
          Bawtawds Childrens Learning Lessons For Developmental Childhood For teens  volume 82

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #19702 on: May 27, 2018, 10:04:18 AM »
Got the day off work due to shit weather, there is nothing to do on this island on rainy days. All I have to read are psychology self help books and Walden.  I need a good novel but the library is closed Sunday and Monday so the brave librarians can recover from their back breaking labor. Occupied myself as long as I could with the super slow internet on my phone since my high speed ran out two weeks ago and here I am starting in on a handle of cheap rum. Castillo's. Plastic bottle stuff. Hoping I don't get slurry drunk before all my roommates get back. Cheers.
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

Yu Dum

« Reply #19703 on: May 27, 2018, 05:24:55 PM »
Filmed a clip a week ago and it somehow got deleted from the memory card.
Went back to film it again today, got that and one other clip, then somehow that shit ended up getting deleted from the memory card again after my friend changed out the battery.
None of us have any fucking clue as to what is happening. Needless to say, we’re all pretty disappointed.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #19704 on: May 27, 2018, 07:13:04 PM »
Came home yesterday to find out my dog ate one of these.

He's a real asshole.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #19705 on: May 28, 2018, 09:23:00 AM »
Have you ever had alligator? It's fucking delicious. I can't blame your dog.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #19706 on: May 28, 2018, 06:31:43 PM »
Have you ever had alligator? It's fucking delicious. I can't blame your dog.

I actually have, and totally agree. But fuck him. Weird thing is I Googled it and this has happened to other people, too. I thought for sure I had an isolated situation on my hands haha

shark tits

« Reply #19707 on: May 28, 2018, 06:35:51 PM »
alligator is good. i got arrested for sleeping on a dead raccoon at a gas station in texas and 5 days later, i asked the cops to drop me back of near the scene of the crime so i could retrive my skateboard and sleeping bag and hitch on outta town.
he dropped me miles in the wrong direction so i had to walk to a gas station and hitchhike back to mt belvieu in order to get my accoutrements and hitch outta mt belvieu/baytown.
so i'm at this gas station west trying to go east and a guy laced me w/ some fried alligator and everything was gonna be just fine.
i always wanted one of those gas station alligator heads. never got one when i was hitching around florida w/ money. alas.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #19708 on: May 29, 2018, 04:37:19 AM »
alligator is good. i got arrested for sleeping on a dead raccoon at a gas station in texas and 5 days later, i asked the cops to drop me back of near the scene of the crime so i could retrive my skateboard and sleeping bag and hitch on outta town.
he dropped me miles in the wrong direction so i had to walk to a gas station and hitchhike back to mt belvieu in order to get my accoutrements and hitch outta mt belvieu/baytown.
so i'm at this gas station west trying to go east and a guy laced me w/ some fried alligator and everything was gonna be just fine.
i always wanted one of those gas station alligator heads. never got one when i was hitching around florida w/ money. alas.

My son got one from his grandpa. It's in a drawer somewhere. I should break it out, our cats love knocking that motherfucker around the floors.

Oh yeah, that's why it's in a drawer somewhere

Fuckin cats. I hate cats.

Gentleman ninja warlock

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #19709 on: May 29, 2018, 05:53:14 AM »
^^sleeping on dead raccoons is not a crime!