Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1881095 times)

SodaJerk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #19740 on: June 06, 2018, 11:40:07 AM »
Girls chemo is done, radiation is done.
She's on a holiday with her best friend now (who happens to be a nurse).

I know she's in good hands, but I miss her :(
Cool

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19741 on: June 06, 2018, 04:34:24 PM »
hahah .. soda, that blunt “cool” sounds kinda fucked or at least the way i read it in my head
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

doublesteveburger

« Reply #19742 on: June 06, 2018, 04:52:52 PM »
Not stoked that the offices at Skate After School (an after school program ran by Tim Ward, Ryan Lay and co.) had some water damage today. I'm positive that any help will go a long way. The SAS program is ran by wonderful people who could use the help. Thanks.

http://www.skateafterschool.org/donate/

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #19743 on: June 07, 2018, 11:29:07 AM »
hahah .. soda, that blunt “cool” sounds kinda fucked or at least the way i read it in my head
Shit, I sort of knew it could be read that way. Was not my intention. I'm pretty bad with responses to real life situations like when someone tells you a family member has died. I don't freeze up or get awkward but I never know the socially correct response. I'm stoked for DR and his lady.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19744 on: June 07, 2018, 12:24:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Shit, I sort of knew it could be read that way. Was not my intention. I'm pretty bad with responses to real life situations like when someone tells you a family member has died. I don't freeze up or get awkward but I never know the socially correct response. I'm stoked for DR and his lady.

haha ya i know and im sure dr knows too .. it just made me lol when i shouldn’t ..

you’re a good guy dr .. we are all behind you and your lady
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Yu Dum

« Reply #19745 on: June 07, 2018, 01:30:57 PM »
Manic stage is over and the depressive has emerged. I really hope this is a short stint because I need to finish this video ASAP.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #19746 on: June 07, 2018, 06:06:01 PM »
Manic stage is over and the depressive has emerged. I really hope this is a short stint because I need to finish this video ASAP.
We're rooting for you bud go out there and stack those clips

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #19748 on: June 08, 2018, 05:39:11 AM »
RIP
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/08/us/anthony-bourdain-obit/index.html
Fuck. Kitchen Confidential was given to me by a chef I used to live with and I loved that book. This guy I see around (who's a bit of a dick) was supposed to be filming a new show with him this year.

Mongoloid

« Reply #19749 on: June 08, 2018, 05:40:58 AM »
RIP
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/08/us/anthony-bourdain-obit/index.html

This one hits pretty fucking hard. He was hands down the biggest influence on my adult life. The way in which I approached travel and food was shaped directly by his influence.

A Tragic indeed

Yu Dum

« Reply #19750 on: June 08, 2018, 11:17:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
We're rooting for you bud go out there and stack those clips
Thanks, man. I think I may have just been in the middle of an anxiety attack when I posted this because I feel fine today. I’m hoping this feeling holds up for at least another week or two so that I can get this last two minutes of footage put away.

Also, incredibly bummed on the passing of Chef Bourdain. The world lost one of the realest persons to ever be on a television screen and use their influence to create admiration for cultures outside of our own. 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 11:19:34 AM by Blind Fisherman »

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #19751 on: June 08, 2018, 02:59:50 PM »
Left work early specifically so I could make it to my barber and get a haircut only to find out he has died of pneumonia. My hair is so long

doublesteveburger

« Reply #19752 on: June 08, 2018, 10:58:17 PM »
that's not where I thought that sentence was going

ungzilla

« Reply #19753 on: June 09, 2018, 08:21:09 PM »
bummer about the hair though

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #19754 on: June 10, 2018, 10:33:30 AM »
Been thinking ( for years) of tying to fakie flip into this bank thing where you have to pop over a sewer drain to roll away. Went there today got the warm up fakie Ollie and 5 trys In on the fakie flip got kicked out.
Now I gotta nut up again and go back.

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #19755 on: June 10, 2018, 11:26:09 AM »
No bitches at the dog park

No weed

I sprained my ankle walkin up a curb, but now I got a cool bandana around it to apply presure

bawtawd5

• Rep: 134
« Reply #19756 on: June 11, 2018, 01:33:26 AM »
No bitches at the dog park

No weed

I sprained my ankle walkin up a curb, but now I got a cool bandana around it to apply presure
The fuck you made out of play doh

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #19757 on: June 11, 2018, 08:53:39 AM »
Suicide and victim blaming these people need someone to talk to and don't need to be frightened or scared already when reaching out, call someone or stop by.  {texting is lame and very impersonal}, if you care and want to make a difference then show it by being a positive person and listening without judgement, the person will thank you a thousand times over.
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

Mongoloid

« Reply #19758 on: June 11, 2018, 09:11:01 AM »
Waking up with some sort of extreme innate anxiety, with no real reason as to why.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #19759 on: June 11, 2018, 12:41:33 PM »
Not stoked that I have live with my ex girlfriend this whole summer..

It gives me anxiety to come home from work and seeing her..

Scares me that I won't find a place to live for me and my cat due end of July. I have a bad credit score so it will be hard for me to get a place and I might have to live in the streets and have to give my cat of 14 years away..

Just in a weird place and time in my life..

I have battled with depression in the past and I can see it crippling back because all of this and I feel like can't handle it if I can't get the fuck out of here and get a new home for us..

Just had to went my thoughts somewhere.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #19760 on: June 11, 2018, 01:32:05 PM »
If you don't me asking Mystical - how old are you?

I've been in your exact situation, oddly enough at around the same time-frame. I would focus on things that kept me away from home like skateboarding and hanging out with friends more than usual. I basically used the apartment for sleeping and breakfast and went on my way for most of the day.

Friends at a time like this can be pretty crucial - don't be afraid to talk to them about it all. Also, I'd highly suggest staying away from alcohol or substances while you're still living under the same roof as it could make things pretty messy. That's just from experience... take what you want from this, I know every situation is different.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #19761 on: June 12, 2018, 12:58:55 AM »

I've been in your exact situation, oddly enough at around the same time-frame. I would focus on things that kept me away from home like skateboarding and hanging out with friends more than usual. I basically used the apartment for sleeping and breakfast and went on my way for most of the day.

Friends at a time like this can be pretty crucial - don't be afraid to talk to them about it all. Also, I'd highly suggest staying away from alcohol or substances while you're still living under the same roof as it could make things pretty messy. That's just from experience... take what you want from this, I know every situation is different.

Thanks for the words!

I'm 28 now, I've been in this same situation before too and that was when I had one of my worst experiences with depression so it's just something thats stuck in my head that if it happens again I'm not sure I can pull through and be a "normal" person anymore.. Thou this relationship was quite a different than the previous so I know not to make direct comparisions between these situations..

And about hanging out more with friends etc. I'm not the most extroverted person in the planet quite opposite so it's really hard to push me to talk to people even my friends, I don't really do any socially media or chatting on whatsapp or anything like that. Also most of my friends have children so they don't have time like they used to. So I'm left wandering in the streets with my skateboard and my sketchbook..

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #19762 on: June 12, 2018, 01:47:28 AM »
I'm so over drugs but they help me so much. I just think this nigga cut in some etiz with the clam cause I just woke up in withdrawal and that shit ain't supposta happen like that. Plus this batch mad weaker.

Can't live with em can't live without em.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #19763 on: June 12, 2018, 02:10:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks for the words!

I'm 28 now, I've been in this same situation before too and that was when I had one of my worst experiences with depression so it's just something thats stuck in my head that if it happens again I'm not sure I can pull through and be a "normal" person anymore.. Thou this relationship was quite a different than the previous so I know not to make direct comparisions between these situations..

And about hanging out more with friends etc. I'm not the most extroverted person in the planet quite opposite so it's really hard to push me to talk to people even my friends, I don't really do any socially media or chatting on whatsapp or anything like that. Also most of my friends have children so they don't have time like they used to. So I'm left wandering in the streets with my skateboard and my sketchbook..

Might sound cheesy or fake but if your trying to get away on a vacation or whatever let me know. I've been in similar situations. I live in Seattle and have a spare bedroom so if you want to take a weekend or whatever off and check the town out on its best season send me a dm and I can see about hooking you up with a small crash space at my pad. Nothing fancy but its a room with a small air matress and i'm nearby a few skate parks.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #19764 on: June 12, 2018, 08:58:29 AM »
It annoys me whenever someone (especially in the skate scene) passes away from cancer and a bunch of people say "fuck cancer" but have no issues with the continued glorification of smoking and heavy drinking.  Like, you can live your life however you want, but there's something weird about celebrating the life of someone like Dylan Rieder with a photo of him smoking a cigarette.

There's something even weirder about editing history to reflect something that wasn't true and then push that image into the future. He was photographed smoking a lot because he smoked a lot. That's reality. Another reality was that it had nothing to do with his sickness. Should they give his photos the Walt Disney treatment and pretend things were different than they were so people don't have to feel mildly and absurdly uncomfortable?

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #19765 on: June 12, 2018, 10:15:45 AM »
he's fully part of skate poetry now, we'll sing his name for decades while being high
on weed and beer !

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #19766 on: June 12, 2018, 02:09:31 PM »
i rolled the fuck out of my ankle on friday and i can't skate. i have to go get xrays done on because they think it could be fractured but i am able to walk on it and bare weight.
even the steven

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #19767 on: June 12, 2018, 02:44:24 PM »
Looks like i'm losing my job in 30 days or less

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #19768 on: June 12, 2018, 04:16:10 PM »
i rolled the fuck out of my ankle on friday and i can't skate. i have to go get xrays done on because they think it could be fractured but i am able to walk on it and bare weight.

That's shitty man. But, I skated with a broken foot for a fuckin year without knowing it was actually broken. I just thought it was sore because I rolled my ankles so often.

I hope you have a speedy recovery and it's just sprained
Gentleman ninja warlock

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19769 on: June 12, 2018, 06:35:23 PM »
Being sunburned