Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880819 times)

Pigeon

Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #19830 on: June 30, 2018, 08:24:45 PM »
I got a haircut and the hair person shaved my back hair, below my shoulders, after trimming the neck. It’s making my back itch and wishing I didn’t tip.

cosmicgypsies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #19831 on: July 01, 2018, 04:43:41 AM »
me when someone tags me in some viral clip of either a dog skating, richie jackson, gou miyagi or some other oddball skate related shit that i seen years ago

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #19832 on: July 01, 2018, 08:27:26 AM »
me when someone tags me in some viral clip of either a dog skating, richie jackson, gou miyagi or some other oddball skate related shit that i seen years ago

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/01/11/article-2085450-0F6BCE9600000578-197_468x537.jpg

lol that was me when my boss brought up Shaun White and his "emotional rise to the top" during a staff meeting while the Winter Olympics were going down. Told all the male staff about Church of Fudge after lol.

Yu Dum

« Reply #19833 on: July 01, 2018, 03:00:01 PM »
Got sacked on a switch hardflip in a game of skate today.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #19834 on: July 03, 2018, 12:51:09 PM »
gotta work tomorrow on Fourth of July.. what kind of shit is that?

:-\

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #19835 on: July 03, 2018, 01:19:47 PM »
Don't have to work, but I don't got no acid or artillery shells  :-[

doublesteveburger

« Reply #19836 on: July 03, 2018, 01:22:33 PM »

Right there with ya, bud. And without holiday pay.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #19837 on: July 03, 2018, 02:32:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Right there with ya, bud. And without holiday pay.
That's damn near treasonous

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #19838 on: July 05, 2018, 05:12:36 AM »
I didn't work but I got back in my car after being at the beach all day and there was a nice big crack in my windshield that I didn't put there.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19839 on: July 05, 2018, 04:37:43 PM »
Sacramento didn't work out currently couch hopping and it fucking sucks, don't know where I'm gonna head off to probably Texas to stay with family until I figure out my life  :-X

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #19840 on: July 05, 2018, 05:11:34 PM »
Sacramento didn't work out currently couch hopping and it fucking sucks, don't know where I'm gonna head off to probably Texas to stay with family until I figure out my life  :-X
Well hey man, its negative now but some good things might come from it, transitions and all that.

shark tits

« Reply #19841 on: July 05, 2018, 05:23:15 PM »
yo silky, bum around for the summer and travel. go home and get your life sorted once it gets cold but maybe you'll meet a girl or fall in love w/ a city on the way.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19842 on: July 05, 2018, 05:30:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Well hey man, its negative now but some good things might come from it, transitions and all that.
Most definitely baw

yo silky, bum around for the summer and travel. go home and get your life sorted once it gets cold but maybe you'll meet a girl or fall in love w/ a city on the way.
Doesn't seem like a half bad idea Shark Tits

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #19843 on: July 06, 2018, 04:29:50 PM »
My landlord just gave us 60 days notice. She lives in the same building as us and her landlord just sold the unit she was living in, so now she's moving back into the unit she owns (in which my girlfriend and I currently live). She was super polite and apologetic about it all, but goddamn it's frustrating. This will mark the 4th time we've had to move in just over 3 years. We really thought we had a found a place to settle down at least for a handful of years so it's a real kick in the ol' ass.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

shark tits

« Reply #19844 on: July 06, 2018, 07:06:05 PM »
when you say 'it's ok to beat up nazis for what they believe' or 'it's open season on racists' or 'i'm collecting nazi scalps' then it normalizes violence and you loose the moral high ground. if you're not versed in the language of violence, you loose your ground physically as well. whoever goes to these things, you're not 'bravely confronting facsism' you're participating in it. and violence only solves anythign when one side is exponentially better at it than the other side but it will never make you more moral.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4VSlmRyoFQ

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #19845 on: July 06, 2018, 07:29:22 PM »
The only girls that ever want me are girls I have no interest in or am barely even semi interested in; the ones I'm super into don't ever even have me on their radar at all.
I have the hugest crush on this chick from work, she's pretty much perfect; but I can just tell she's not into me like that at all. When we talk i pick up no signs of interest at all from her past just being friends. I try to be playful and semi flirtatious just to see if she'll play along and see if it'll go somewhere but it never does. That and plus I get all shy and nervous n shit here and there when we talk sometimes, and I try to hide it but I'm pretty sure she can tell unless she's just that oblivious or I'm just THAT good at hiding it, which I'm pretty sure I'm not, so yeah, that's probably not helping me at all either. I don't really get nervous talking to girls but on the chance that it's one I actually really really like then the nervousness comes out at times. That and plus there's been rumors going around recently at the office that she's been hooking up with this other dude at work who's a total douche and that they're secretly dating.
I'm bummed.
Meh, it could be worse I guess. Had this other girl I know who I know has a thing for me hit me up not long ago asking me if I wanted to grab a few drinks and hang out at her pad tonight; I think imma go do that tonight and get hammered and fuck her til my non stokedness on the situation goes away.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #19846 on: July 06, 2018, 09:11:44 PM »
when you say 'it's ok to beat up nazis for what they believe' or 'it's open season on racists' or 'i'm collecting nazi scalps' then it normalizes violence and you loose the moral high ground. if you're not versed in the language of violence, you loose your ground physically as well. whoever goes to these things, you're not 'bravely confronting facsism' you're participating in it. and violence only solves anythign when one side is exponentially better at it than the other side but it will never make you more moral.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4VSlmRyoFQ

not stoked on your takes ever dude
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19847 on: July 07, 2018, 11:03:08 AM »
people who panic and freak the fuck out when someone on skateboard approaches them. if they would stay calm and keep going about their business, everything would be fine but instead they're like "oh my fucking god a skateboarder" and they miraculously get in the way instead when you could have easily passed by.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #19848 on: July 07, 2018, 04:13:53 PM »
junkie from the past came by wanting to borrow a motorcycle.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #19849 on: July 08, 2018, 02:33:37 PM »
Hyperextended my knee on a little ass wallie last night. Been off of work for a week and have to go back tomorrow. Gonna suck

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #19850 on: July 08, 2018, 04:24:03 PM »
midnight wake ups from the cops

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #19851 on: July 08, 2018, 06:19:44 PM »
Last night in ATL and every bar I go to the same spun out tweaker is trying to get me to do meth with him. Not looking to get back in to that scene especially on vacation.

jomeara1

« Reply #19852 on: July 09, 2018, 07:26:18 PM »
The only girls that ever want me are girls I have no interest in or am barely even semi interested in; the ones I'm super into don't ever even have me on their radar at all.
I have the hugest crush on this chick from work, she's pretty much perfect; but I can just tell she's not into me like that at all. When we talk i pick up no signs of interest at all from her past just being friends. I try to be playful and semi flirtatious just to see if she'll play along and see if it'll go somewhere but it never does. That and plus I get all shy and nervous n shit here and there when we talk sometimes, and I try to hide it but I'm pretty sure she can tell unless she's just that oblivious or I'm just THAT good at hiding it, which I'm pretty sure I'm not, so yeah, that's probably not helping me at all either. I don't really get nervous talking to girls but on the chance that it's one I actually really really like then the nervousness comes out at times. That and plus there's been rumors going around recently at the office that she's been hooking up with this other dude at work who's a total douche and that they're secretly dating.
I'm bummed.
Meh, it could be worse I guess. Had this other girl I know who I know has a thing for me hit me up not long ago asking me if I wanted to grab a few drinks and hang out at her pad tonight; I think imma go do that tonight and get hammered and fuck her til my non stokedness on the situation goes away.
Welcome to my world dude.

shark tits

« Reply #19853 on: July 09, 2018, 07:37:59 PM »
^
'those we're in love w/ and the people who are in love w/ us are rarely the same. such is the pity of life' --- oscar wilde

[from memory if that ain't verbatim but you get it]

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #19854 on: July 09, 2018, 08:56:34 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm bummed.
[close]
Welcome to my world dude.

Thirded

@Moe, sorry to hear that. Not very familiar with that injury but hoping for a quick recovery

Having school and a shitty job kept me off board more than I liked now being jobless and back home I haven't really had time or the itch to skate which sucks because I used to be all about it. I've always been terrible but bummed out at how stagnant I've been and so unmotivated recently. The extra pounds don't help either. I just miss itching to skate.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Sad Hippo

« Reply #19855 on: July 10, 2018, 12:01:58 PM »
My whole life I’ve been told that I’m a good to great writer. My grades reflected it, and in college I placed so high on the upper division writing assessment that I was able to skip the writing workshop that everyone else had to take. That being said, I applied for this job, did a timed writing sample exercise for them, and the interview went well. I didn’t get the job.  I met with one of the panel members today to discuss my interview and what happened, apparently my writing sample was only “fair.” I was nervous when I did the exercise but I really don’t know what to think. I took his criticism to heart, and have another interview today that will probably need a writing sample, so let’s see how this turns out.

shark tits

« Reply #19856 on: July 10, 2018, 12:05:33 PM »
^that's just one dude's criticism on one paper. he might've been having a bad day or not feeling it, maybe it wasn't your best work or any number of things.
even if it sucked, the fact that you've heard good responses in the past, we're like an amalgamation of our best and worst so don't read the reviews.
sometimes i'll skate bad and think that's my level but you can just as easy have a great day tomorrow.
slap zine one of these days if straight is down to curate. i'd be stoked to read your stuff.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #19857 on: July 10, 2018, 12:56:11 PM »
Scientists should put your brain in a jar and then throw that jar in the ocean. Today.

shark tits

« Reply #19858 on: July 10, 2018, 01:07:46 PM »
Scientists should put your brain in a jar and then throw that jar in the ocean. Today.
you should jump in that ocean too, when's the last time you swam? most boring dude on here, always w/ a criticism. do you actually like anything besides that corny dungeons and dragons show and weed?
you're the brad staba of the message board.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #19859 on: July 10, 2018, 04:24:14 PM »
Actually, he's the best poster on here. That's why we're getting married.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.