Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880835 times)

butterballs for jerry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -56
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #19950 on: August 12, 2018, 07:34:17 AM »
There are Americans who would rather be Russian than Democrat. Politics are a joke, as always, but ridiculously so now.
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #19951 on: August 12, 2018, 09:48:27 AM »
There are Americans who would rather be Russian than Democrat. Politics are a joke, as always, but ridiculously so now.

The fall of the US

Baffles my mind how fucked that country is
Gentleman ninja warlock

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #19952 on: August 14, 2018, 10:31:23 AM »
Was setting up a board and cranking my hardware down as per usual and I heard a crack while cranking down. I like to crank my hardware down quite a lot just because I hate getting loose hardware all the time and I like my bolts to sink in a bit, and never have I heard a crack before while doing that, until now. Not sure if I cracked a ply or something, but now my OCD ass is gonna be thinking about it non stop when I'm skating now.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #19953 on: August 14, 2018, 11:34:51 AM »
fucked my right ankle (regular) on a single bad step while running around the house casually, doing stimple task but running while doing it, ninja steez, now it feels like all my ligaments got out of place, over the bone and shit, feels like a warped ankle but it seems to heal, or I get used to it
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 11:38:37 AM by the snake »

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19954 on: August 15, 2018, 10:39:57 AM »
shaving but machine died halfway trough and no razors i am looking like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiWxHAzhixY

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #19955 on: August 15, 2018, 01:14:40 PM »
Jock type shit in skateboarding, groups of dudes who use skating for their image because they think it makes them cool. it's lame to see. i literally got a taste of the shit i endured as a kid growing up skating last night, i couldn't believe it.

total arrogant clicky bullshit
even the steven

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #19956 on: August 15, 2018, 02:44:15 PM »
^yeap I see that a lot (not towards me tho), people acting so cool and treating others like shit because they are in group and can skate well. I hate when people put other's down because they are not that good.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19957 on: August 15, 2018, 07:41:04 PM »
My wife has been having gnarly anxiety/ panic attacks for 3 days now. We have been to the ER, physician care, and she went to a crisis center last night... nothing seems to be helping. I’ve been doing all I can to help her but I’m getting exhausted as well. She stayed with her mom last night so I could rest up for work.. hopefully she starts feeling better soon.
Anyone have any tips for helping someone with these attacks?

Intense physical excercise, meditation, and educating yourself about what exactly panic/anxiety is.

I been through it to a severe extent and that was the trifecta for me.

Understand what’s going on in your brain when you have a panic attack (this was explained to me by a therapist btw I didn’t just figure it out). Your brain can fuck up like any other part of the body. It’s sending you extreme DANGER DANGER messages when it doesn’t need to be, and you can legit feel scared you’re gonna die right then even tho there is no threat.

When it’s new and you’re clueless it’s extra scary, the better you understand it the more you can not let it get the best of you, eventually kinda roll your eyes like “oh word, I’m dying again? I don’t believe you”

Another key thing is remembering that it will pass. It always does, every time, because nothings fucking happening or wrong. Your body doesn’t maintain that level adrenaline for too long. It goes up and comes down like a wave. Just wait it out. You remind her all this stuff when she’s in it. Watch something funny, make her laugh.

Start the day by running or kicking the shit outta yourself in the gym and it’s harder to get worked up like that. I lift weights and have muscles now purely as a result of the harshest time I went through.

Learn the basics of breathing techniques and meditation and do that in the mornings too. Hit me up if you want more advice. I got better without any drugs, which some lazy doctors may default to (no diss to those who decide they need psych drugs).

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19958 on: August 16, 2018, 01:35:29 PM »
Expand Quote
My wife has been having gnarly anxiety/ panic attacks for 3 days now. We have been to the ER, physician care, and she went to a crisis center last night... nothing seems to be helping. I’ve been doing all I can to help her but I’m getting exhausted as well. She stayed with her mom last night so I could rest up for work.. hopefully she starts feeling better soon.
[close]

Intense physical excercise, meditation, and educating yourself about what exactly panic/anxiety is.

Understand what’s going on in your brain when you have a panic attack (this was explained to me by a therapist btw I didn’t just figure it out). Your brain can fuck up like any other part of the body. It’s sending you extreme DANGER DANGER messages when it doesn’t need to be, and you can legit feel scared you’re gonna die right then even tho there is no threat.

When it’s new and you’re clueless it’s extra scary, the better you understand it the more you can not let it get the best of you, eventually kinda roll your eyes like “oh word, I’m dying again? I don’t believe you”

Another key thing is remembering that it will pass. It always does, every time, because nothings fucking happening or wrong. Your body doesn’t maintain that level adrenaline for too long. It goes up and comes down like a wave. Just wait it out. You remind her all this stuff when she’s in it. Watch something funny, make her laugh.

Start the day by running or kicking the shit outta yourself in the gym and it’s harder to get worked up like that. I lift weights and have muscles now purely as a result of the harshest time I went through.

Learn the basics of breathing techniques and meditation and do that in the mornings too. Hit me up if you want more advice. I got better without any drugs, which some lazy doctors may default to (no diss to those who decide they need psych drugs).

This post is perfect. Kudos to you
Gentleman ninja warlock

Kel Varnsen

• Rep: 4
« Reply #19959 on: August 16, 2018, 02:11:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

This post is perfect. Kudos to you

I've been there with my wife and it's rough. I'm just going to echo everything in this post. Exercising really helped her. Not that she needed to, but it was a distraction in addition to releasing good-endorphins. We'd go on hikes so there was the added benefit of being out in nature while exercising. It also helped regulate her mental + physical state of being alert and at rest so at night when it was time to sleep, her body and mind allowed it instead of going deep into an anxiety spiral. Exercise doesn't necessarily work for everyone, but could be worth doing together.

Also, as stated above, remember it will pass. Whatever is causing the panic attacks is like water. There are times where it's going to feel like she's drowning under a flood of whatever is going on. Once it feels like that, there's not much you can do to just "snap out of it," or stop it. It's a flow of thought that you just need to get through, and once you're in the clear go back and try to find what the trigger was and try and find ways to cope with it and understand it.

It's also hard as the person helping someone through it to not jump in and try to solve the problem. As was said before, educate yourself on panic and anxiety. Try to empathize.

Good luck. It's hard suffering from panic attacks and anxiety, and it's hard watching someone you love struggle with it.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #19960 on: August 17, 2018, 03:09:15 AM »
Some fucking asshole stole my motorcycle.
I hope they crash it and fuck them selves up badly

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #19961 on: August 17, 2018, 07:41:38 AM »
Flakes: skaters do this all the time you know the story...... my time is money and if I make time to skate with you stick with it, if not let me know 30 mins beforehand so I can get make other plans.
Liars: we've all told white lies to not hurt other's feelings but bald faced lies just make you seem sketchy and I hate you! Seriously go fuck yourself
Underhanded Thieves that you know you would do anything for but they steal just cause they could, If someone is that intent on stealing steal from stores where a small thing wouldn't matter do it stealing from a person or just ask hey I am taking this do you mind? sure go ahead or maybe an alternative to thieving could be just ask me beforehand I wouldn't be mad.
Racism: the new edgy angsty bullshit kids are latching onto via at a park or online gaming, seriously get fucked go to a court and with dudes 10x your size and talk shit like that, I really wish they would.
Shitty music someone plays via their headphones online no one wants to hear your garbage if you are that insistent on playing music while gaming mute your headphones cause no one wants to hear pop country while playing GTA online.
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #19962 on: August 17, 2018, 12:39:18 PM »
In the last month and a half, my digestive system has slowed to a fucking snail's pace. I shit like 2 or 3 times a week. The only thing that's changed is that I've started a new job, and this has changed my sleep schedule, which might be resulting in some change in my body?
I'm only 29, eat pretty well, lots of fiber intake and very little cheese, I stay hydrated, etc.
At any given time I have like 9 meals worth of shit in my body, and it's driving me nuts. There are plenty of mornings where my first coherent thought is the hope for a dook. I'd go to the doctor but, alas, like many of my generation, I am laden with debt and lacking insurance. My girl is buying me prune juice today. Hopefully I'll be shitting as you read this...

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19963 on: August 17, 2018, 04:28:54 PM »
In the last month and a half, my digestive system has slowed to a fucking snail's pace. I shit like 2 or 3 times a week. The only thing that's changed is that I've started a new job, and this has changed my sleep schedule, which might be resulting in some change in my body?
I'm only 29, eat pretty well, lots of fiber intake and very little cheese, I stay hydrated, etc.
At any given time I have like 9 meals worth of shit in my body, and it's driving me nuts. There are plenty of mornings where my first coherent thought is the hope for a dook. I'd go to the doctor but, alas, like many of my generation, I am laden with debt and lacking insurance. My girl is buying me prune juice today. Hopefully I'll be shitting as you read this...

Buy magnesium(any form, except bigylginate)

Way quicker/cheaper than prune juice (which isn't guaranteed shit)

Gentleman ninja warlock

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19964 on: August 19, 2018, 05:03:15 AM »

Break down on here what you eat and drink. That includes drugs/meds. Slap has some pretty legit health nuts and could help you out with the right info.

If you are riding krux, immediately melt them. That usually helps too.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #19965 on: August 19, 2018, 11:00:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Break down on here what you eat and drink. That includes drugs/meds. Slap has some pretty legit health nuts and could help you out with the right info.

If you are riding krux, immediately melt them. That usually helps too.

Ah, why not...

Wake up, usually eat oatmeal or Raisin Bran or sometimes skip breakfast.
Go to work, drink water and 2-3 small cups of coffee. At lunch I either eat a salad at the cafe near my job (spring mix/ spinach, croutons, ham and turkey, tomato, bacon crumble, balsamic dressing), or a ham sandwich with spinach and mayo, or leftovers. Of course, leftovers are whatever I had for dinner, which varies, but is usually something pretty typical (protein, vegetable, carb) during the work week - we do a lot of fish with rice, pasta dishes, sometimes pizza...

Quit drinking a while back. Don't take any prescriptions or do drugs on a regular basis. Aspirin every once in a while... I try to drink a lot of water and run every day. Sometimes I skate. I don't eat a lot of fruit. Bananas and the occasional apple, but other than that, not a big eater of fruits. I snack on tortilla chips and crackers when I'm chilling at the house. IDK.

*Edit - I ride Ventures and keep em pretty loose.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 11:02:06 AM by Peter Zagreus »

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #19966 on: August 19, 2018, 02:25:07 PM »
Dropped my phone in a parking lot and got a small crack over the front facing camera. Not a huge deal, but it's supposed to be crack resistant glass and I've got a case on it. More pissed that phone makers won't make shatter proof screens because it's more profitable to keep making ones that break easily.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #19967 on: August 19, 2018, 11:40:57 PM »
Asia fucking Argento.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

feedmeseymour

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #19970 on: August 20, 2018, 01:39:50 PM »
after having to deal with my girl having cervical cancer I also got the news my grandmother had cervical cancer and breast cancer...

she had chemo and was scheduled to have her breasts removed on thursday.
This morning I got the news she passed away while the nurses were washing her, she had a strike due to the chemotherzpy.

Rest in peace grandma and say to pops  :'(

Fuck my life... really... fuck my life

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #19971 on: August 20, 2018, 02:38:58 PM »
what the fuck. Hope you are holding up man ...

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #19972 on: August 20, 2018, 06:53:57 PM »
Very sorry to hear that, DR.  Hope you and your family can hang in there.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19973 on: August 20, 2018, 07:45:23 PM »
Fuck, condolences DR.

I was at my homies funeral today and that shit hurts.

I sincerely empathize with your situation
Gentleman ninja warlock

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #19974 on: August 20, 2018, 10:29:08 PM »
sorry dr
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #19975 on: August 20, 2018, 11:12:35 PM »
sorry man

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #19976 on: August 21, 2018, 05:21:39 AM »
Sorry to hear about your grandma DM..

I know it doesn't mean shit but life gets better after a while and you will be a better, stronger person after all of your battles, keep your head up you're not alone and if you need to talk know you're never alone!

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
« Reply #19977 on: August 23, 2018, 07:02:57 AM »
me being the one breaking up with the best girl ever 'for the better'

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #19978 on: August 23, 2018, 12:58:22 PM »
All my respect, DR.

The wildfires affecting the west coast are really depressing. I live in the middle of Canada but tons of smoke traveled east and we still had several days of smoke covering the sky. Fuck, it was nervewracking to go outside when the sky was orange . Even though it was only for a few days here, I couldn't wait to see clear blue sky again. I can't imagine what everyone in Washington and British Columbia is going through, having to walk outside to orange smoky skies every day -physically and mentally.

So I've decided to bike to work whenever comfortable to further reduce my carbon footprint. I don't really care about people telling me that's not the reason why the fires occur, or that it won't do anything anyway - change starts with the individual.

Also took a hard slam and even though I didn't hit my head, I think it was jarring enough to where my brain actually rattled around. Apparently that can happen.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #19979 on: August 23, 2018, 01:05:17 PM »
All my respect, DR.

The wildfires affecting the west coast are really depressing. I live in the middle of Canada but tons of smoke traveled east and we still had several days of smoke covering the sky. Fuck, it was nervewracking to go outside when the sky was orange . Even though it was only for a few days here, I couldn't wait to see clear blue sky again. I can't imagine what everyone in Washington and British Columbia is going through, having to walk outside to orange smoky skies every day -physically and mentally.

So I've decided to bike to work whenever comfortable to further reduce my carbon footprint. I don't really care about people telling me that's not the reason why the fires occur, or that it won't do anything anyway - change starts with the individual.

Also took a hard slam and even though I didn't hit my head, I think it was jarring enough to where my brain actually rattled around. Apparently that can happen.

Seattles been fucked this past week. I work in a glassblowing studio where the ventilation is always on and pulling air from the outside in. They finally started giving time off yesterday until it clears up. Its a bummer that this is just going to become a part of living here.