Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1109517 times)

Dwyck

• Rep: -24
  • I left my Phillie at home - do you have another?
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #20220 on: September 06, 2018, 02:38:09 PM »
it thunderstormed during class today and all my apartment windows were open. now it stinks in here and my roommate guinea pig's wigging out
When discussions spiral into shit like this it's time to drop 250ug lsd and stare at a lake for a minute.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 815
« Reply #20221 on: September 06, 2018, 05:23:54 PM »
RIP Burt Reynolds :-[

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -84
« Reply #20222 on: September 06, 2018, 07:53:28 PM »
it thunderstormed during class today and all my apartment windows were open. now it stinks in here and my roommate guinea pig's wigging out

Dog drugs

cosmicgypsies

• Rep: 114
« Reply #20223 on: September 07, 2018, 02:02:34 PM »
rip mac miller

soundtrack to 2011/2012

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #20224 on: September 08, 2018, 07:49:23 AM »
I got stood up for a date I was pretty excited for

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -404
« Reply #20225 on: September 08, 2018, 08:33:51 AM »
 broken rib from skating. 
message of love (bring the mean locals cookies)

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20226 on: September 08, 2018, 05:59:16 PM »

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #20227 on: September 09, 2018, 05:41:40 PM »
stepped on one of those pins they put in dress shirts. it went all the way through my shoe and jabbed my foot. I'm wondering how the hell that could have happened. was it sticking vertically out of the ground? and I'm thinking about all the weird diseases I might have gotten 'cause I'm paranoid like that.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• Rep: 25
« Reply #20228 on: September 09, 2018, 08:52:46 PM »
stepped on one of those pins they put in dress shirts. it went all the way through my shoe and jabbed my foot. I'm wondering how the hell that could have happened. was it sticking vertically out of the ground? and I'm thinking about all the weird diseases I might have gotten 'cause I'm paranoid like that.

I stepped on a belt buckle once and it went halfway through my foot. That shit sucked so fucking bad. Keep it clean! I had to purge the blood out every morning in the shower.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20229 on: September 09, 2018, 09:31:48 PM »

I stepped on a belt buckle once and it went halfway through my foot. That shit sucked so fucking bad. Keep it clean! I had to purge the blood out every morning in the shower.

the jabbing itself wasnít too bad. the pin went in crooked and didnít go that deep before I felt it. I was walking slow Ďcause I was with my dog so I think that helped a bit. Iím mostly worried about tetanus and hepatitis and AIDS. the belt buckle sounds gnarly. hope your foot is okay after that.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 09:45:23 PM by ChuckRamone »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -404
« Reply #20230 on: September 10, 2018, 09:40:30 AM »
broken rib from skating. 
the worst, gws
  Thanks.  I'll get better soon, it'll help if I stay away from people telling jokes cause that hurts my rib. 
message of love (bring the mean locals cookies)

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #20231 on: September 10, 2018, 10:24:02 AM »

the jabbing itself wasnít too bad. the pin went in crooked and didnít go that deep before I felt it. I was walking slow Ďcause I was with my dog so I think that helped a bit. Iím mostly worried about tetanus and hepatitis and AIDS. the belt buckle sounds gnarly. hope your foot is okay after that.
If you're worried about tetanus and hep, then go to the doctor. You won't get HIV from that though. That virus doesn't live very long without a viable host.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 861
« Reply #20232 on: September 10, 2018, 10:57:28 AM »

Hey I stepped on a big cowboy belt buckle once too. It punctured my heel and stuck to my foot. It hurt way worse pulling it out.

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -99
« Reply #20233 on: September 10, 2018, 11:11:35 AM »

you get hep or hiv from kissing homosexuals not stepping on rusty metal.
i can't tell if you're joking but that's how dumb you sound getting a communicable disease from rusty metal. hep is blood to blood so you really gotta try to get it and hiv is tough titties for straight guys to get w/out using rigs. easiest blood to blood but it also lives in semen. not saliva and not w/out a host on rusted metal.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20234 on: September 10, 2018, 12:05:43 PM »

i can't tell if you're joking but that's how dumb you sound getting a communicable disease from rusty metal. hep is blood to blood so you really gotta try to get it and hiv is tough titties for straight guys to get w/out using rigs. easiest blood to blood but it also lives in semen. not saliva and not w/out a host on rusted metal.

I was exaggerating my anxiety about stuff like this, Dr. I sniff Jim Gagneís butthole all the time. But I think tetanus is a legit concern since this pin was kinda dirty and rusty.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #20235 on: September 10, 2018, 12:44:40 PM »

I was exaggerating my anxiety about stuff like this, Dr. I sniff Jim Gagneís butthole all the time. But I think tetanus is a legit concern since this pin was kinda dirty and rusty.
Considering he's a fucking idiot, I would take anything he says with a grain of salt.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

ungzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
  • THEY OWE
« Reply #20236 on: September 11, 2018, 10:46:47 AM »
I'm in NC, not worried about my area particularly from the hurricane, but hoping the best for all you nerds out on the OBX and in the Wilmington area.

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 861
« Reply #20237 on: September 11, 2018, 10:51:41 AM »

Considering he's a fucking idiot, I would take anything he says with a grain of salt.

How fucking funny is it to see sharktits call someone dumb

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #20238 on: September 11, 2018, 03:42:35 PM »
signed up for two classes this semester, one online and one classroom class. didn't realize that they were both accelerated 8 week classes instead of the normal 15 week ones. when i did realize what they were and the amount of work id have to do to pass each one, i decided to drop the classroom class and just focus on the online one since i was already three chapters down in it. my tuition is free, but only if i get an 80% or better, so i figured it would be wise to not set myself up for such a large workload with a high risk of costing myself thousands of dollars. i didnt go to the first day of classroom class yesterday, thinking i was dropping the class. when i tried to drop the class, i found out that accelerated classes needed to be dropped last week, not by the deadline for normal class dropping, which is in a few days. so now im already behind in my second class and have to bust my ass extra hard for the next 7 weeks so that i dont owe a ton of money. and we also have a group project in the classroom class and im not in a fucking group and we have an assignment due monday. i also have to work around a fishing trip in florida and a 5 day work trip in cali before the classes end.

tldr: im probably the stupidest grad student in the history of grad school and i complain about good opportunities that can positively impact my future.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #20239 on: September 11, 2018, 08:27:19 PM »
I didnít realize you were doing grad school. What are you going for?

I finally got my bachelorís earlier this year. I think Iím gonna wind up going back to school, but Iím not sure.
Nancy Drew

smellsdead

• Rep: 81
« Reply #20240 on: September 11, 2018, 08:56:57 PM »
never stop learning!

not stoked on this hurricane- no longer in coastal va so thats cool but im in raleigh

also whats up with that suspicious sunspot nm observatory being closed without explanation? pair that with these disaster movies on tv im pnoid as fuck

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -99
« Reply #20241 on: September 11, 2018, 09:14:45 PM »
i'm shaken up by this near death experience i had w/ a train.
i tried to talk to mental health about it and homegirl on the line goes 'you just wanted to tell your cool train story' which is sorta true but i'm processing it.
and i think it's just a cumulative effect, i've lost a lot of people and i stepped away from my DIY and the community skateshop. i'm fucking off all the good i was doing, it all seems like a drag to me.
after getting pulled under a train and being trapped for like 5-10 minutes, going to costa rica to get my teeth fixed seems pointless. so that X everything.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20242 on: September 11, 2018, 09:17:17 PM »
Smellsdead
Damn thatís crazy you had to move for it. Hopefully your place will wind up being okay.

Whatís this observatory thing? Link an article? I love that Stephen king short story The Mist, is it like that?

Not stoked that Iíve been renting Xfiniti WiFi by the month lately, but for whatever reason itís not working now, so I can only use the internet on my phone. Posting is tuff.
Nancy Drew

smellsdead

• Rep: 81
« Reply #20243 on: September 11, 2018, 10:35:53 PM »
actually moved to be closer to fam as my son grows up

then i found a job-seems backwards but i knew something would work out. lots of work in the triangle area

https://www.kvia.com/news/new-mexico/national-solar-observatory-usps-office-in-sunspot-nm-evacuated-for-safety-reasons-/792020771

apparently lots of solar webcam feeds are down/facilities being closed simultaneously

never read the mist! ad it to my list of king works i should read

trying to remain calm here...

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #20244 on: September 12, 2018, 08:16:08 AM »

marketing MBA. its basically my only shot at getting a higher paying job unless i want to completely change my field. it will take me a while and probably suck a good amount along the way, but it will all pay off.

neither of these classes are that difficult, but the fact that they're a full semesters worth of work in half the time leaves me with zero free time. ill be able to relax at the end of october though.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20245 on: September 12, 2018, 09:01:42 AM »
actually moved to be closer to fam as my son grows up

then i found a job-seems backwards but i knew something would work out. lots of work in the triangle area

https://www.kvia.com/news/new-mexico/national-solar-observatory-usps-office-in-sunspot-nm-evacuated-for-safety-reasons-/792020771

apparently lots of solar webcam feeds are down/facilities being closed simultaneously

never read the mist! ad it to my list of king works i should read

trying to remain calm here...

Oh, I misunderstood.

And yeah, The Mist is definitely worth reading. Here's a pdf of it:
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/a135f9a11bcac04100bf22d1ed30fd1920180912155849/4b183e
It will probably especially resonate with/horrify you, since you have a son.
Nancy Drew

Johnny

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -38
« Reply #20246 on: September 12, 2018, 11:16:25 AM »

marketing MBA. its basically my only shot at getting a higher paying job unless i want to completely change my field. it will take me a while and probably suck a good amount along the way, but it will all pay off.

neither of these classes are that difficult, but the fact that they're a full semesters worth of work in half the time leaves me with zero free time. ill be able to relax at the end of october though.

Good luck JB! Itís a long road but youíll get there and it absolutely will pay off in the long run. Just stick with it.

I failed my first part of the CPA exam recently and now I realize how tough this is going to be. But Iím not giving up.

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20247 on: September 13, 2018, 09:40:16 AM »
Ordered an 8.6 wknd from CCS that was supposed to come with a sheet of red grip. Forgot to tell them not to apply it and I don't want an entire board of red grip but it's too late to change it. So when it comes it I'll have to peel it off and lose an entire sheet of red grip. At least I didn't pay for it I guess.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 389
« Reply #20248 on: September 13, 2018, 09:58:04 AM »
honestly, you kinda deserve that for wanting red grip

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20249 on: September 13, 2018, 10:09:29 AM »
I embody all the worst parts of skateboarding so that's fair