Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880828 times)

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #20010 on: September 09, 2018, 09:31:48 PM »
Expand Quote
stepped on one of those pins they put in dress shirts. it went all the way through my shoe and jabbed my foot. I'm wondering how the hell that could have happened. was it sticking vertically out of the ground? and I'm thinking about all the weird diseases I might have gotten 'cause I'm paranoid like that.
[close]

I stepped on a belt buckle once and it went halfway through my foot. That shit sucked so fucking bad. Keep it clean! I had to purge the blood out every morning in the shower.

the jabbing itself wasn’t too bad. the pin went in crooked and didn’t go that deep before I felt it. I was walking slow ‘cause I was with my dog so I think that helped a bit. I’m mostly worried about tetanus and hepatitis and AIDS. the belt buckle sounds gnarly. hope your foot is okay after that.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 09:45:23 PM by ChuckRamone »

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #20011 on: September 10, 2018, 09:40:30 AM »
Expand Quote
broken rib from skating. 
[close]
the worst, gws
  Thanks.  I'll get better soon, it'll help if I stay away from people telling jokes cause that hurts my rib. 
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #20012 on: September 10, 2018, 10:24:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
stepped on one of those pins they put in dress shirts. it went all the way through my shoe and jabbed my foot. I'm wondering how the hell that could have happened. was it sticking vertically out of the ground? and I'm thinking about all the weird diseases I might have gotten 'cause I'm paranoid like that.
[close]

I stepped on a belt buckle once and it went halfway through my foot. That shit sucked so fucking bad. Keep it clean! I had to purge the blood out every morning in the shower.
[close]

the jabbing itself wasn’t too bad. the pin went in crooked and didn’t go that deep before I felt it. I was walking slow ‘cause I was with my dog so I think that helped a bit. I’m mostly worried about tetanus and hepatitis and AIDS. the belt buckle sounds gnarly. hope your foot is okay after that.
If you're worried about tetanus and hep, then go to the doctor. You won't get HIV from that though. That virus doesn't live very long without a viable host.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #20013 on: September 10, 2018, 10:57:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Hey I stepped on a big cowboy belt buckle once too. It punctured my heel and stuck to my foot. It hurt way worse pulling it out.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #20014 on: September 10, 2018, 11:11:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
you get hep or hiv from kissing homosexuals not stepping on rusty metal.
i can't tell if you're joking but that's how dumb you sound getting a communicable disease from rusty metal. hep is blood to blood so you really gotta try to get it and hiv is tough titties for straight guys to get w/out using rigs. easiest blood to blood but it also lives in semen. not saliva and not w/out a host on rusted metal.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #20015 on: September 10, 2018, 12:05:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
i can't tell if you're joking but that's how dumb you sound getting a communicable disease from rusty metal. hep is blood to blood so you really gotta try to get it and hiv is tough titties for straight guys to get w/out using rigs. easiest blood to blood but it also lives in semen. not saliva and not w/out a host on rusted metal.

I was exaggerating my anxiety about stuff like this, Dr. I sniff Jim Gagne’s butthole all the time. But I think tetanus is a legit concern since this pin was kinda dirty and rusty.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20016 on: September 10, 2018, 12:44:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

I was exaggerating my anxiety about stuff like this, Dr. I sniff Jim Gagne’s butthole all the time. But I think tetanus is a legit concern since this pin was kinda dirty and rusty.
Considering he's a fucking idiot, I would take anything he says with a grain of salt.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

ungzilla

« Reply #20017 on: September 11, 2018, 10:46:47 AM »
I'm in NC, not worried about my area particularly from the hurricane, but hoping the best for all you nerds out on the OBX and in the Wilmington area.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #20018 on: September 11, 2018, 10:51:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
Considering he's a fucking idiot, I would take anything he says with a grain of salt.

How fucking funny is it to see sharktits call someone dumb

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #20019 on: September 11, 2018, 03:42:35 PM »
signed up for two classes this semester, one online and one classroom class. didn't realize that they were both accelerated 8 week classes instead of the normal 15 week ones. when i did realize what they were and the amount of work id have to do to pass each one, i decided to drop the classroom class and just focus on the online one since i was already three chapters down in it. my tuition is free, but only if i get an 80% or better, so i figured it would be wise to not set myself up for such a large workload with a high risk of costing myself thousands of dollars. i didnt go to the first day of classroom class yesterday, thinking i was dropping the class. when i tried to drop the class, i found out that accelerated classes needed to be dropped last week, not by the deadline for normal class dropping, which is in a few days. so now im already behind in my second class and have to bust my ass extra hard for the next 7 weeks so that i dont owe a ton of money. and we also have a group project in the classroom class and im not in a fucking group and we have an assignment due monday. i also have to work around a fishing trip in florida and a 5 day work trip in cali before the classes end.

tldr: im probably the stupidest grad student in the history of grad school and i complain about good opportunities that can positively impact my future.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #20020 on: September 11, 2018, 08:27:19 PM »
I didn’t realize you were doing grad school. What are you going for?

I finally got my bachelor’s earlier this year. I think I’m gonna wind up going back to school, but I’m not sure.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #20021 on: September 11, 2018, 08:56:57 PM »
never stop learning!

not stoked on this hurricane- no longer in coastal va so thats cool but im in raleigh

also whats up with that suspicious sunspot nm observatory being closed without explanation? pair that with these disaster movies on tv im pnoid as fuck

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #20022 on: September 11, 2018, 09:14:45 PM »
i'm shaken up by this near death experience i had w/ a train.
i tried to talk to mental health about it and homegirl on the line goes 'you just wanted to tell your cool train story' which is sorta true but i'm processing it.
and i think it's just a cumulative effect, i've lost a lot of people and i stepped away from my DIY and the community skateshop. i'm fucking off all the good i was doing, it all seems like a drag to me.
after getting pulled under a train and being trapped for like 5-10 minutes, going to costa rica to get my teeth fixed seems pointless. so that X everything.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20023 on: September 11, 2018, 09:17:17 PM »
Smellsdead
Damn that’s crazy you had to move for it. Hopefully your place will wind up being okay.

What’s this observatory thing? Link an article? I love that Stephen king short story The Mist, is it like that?

Not stoked that I’ve been renting Xfiniti WiFi by the month lately, but for whatever reason it’s not working now, so I can only use the internet on my phone. Posting is tuff.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #20024 on: September 11, 2018, 10:35:53 PM »
actually moved to be closer to fam as my son grows up

then i found a job-seems backwards but i knew something would work out. lots of work in the triangle area

https://www.kvia.com/news/new-mexico/national-solar-observatory-usps-office-in-sunspot-nm-evacuated-for-safety-reasons-/792020771

apparently lots of solar webcam feeds are down/facilities being closed simultaneously

never read the mist! ad it to my list of king works i should read

trying to remain calm here...

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20025 on: September 12, 2018, 08:16:08 AM »
I didn’t realize you were doing grad school. What are you going for?

marketing MBA. its basically my only shot at getting a higher paying job unless i want to completely change my field. it will take me a while and probably suck a good amount along the way, but it will all pay off.

neither of these classes are that difficult, but the fact that they're a full semesters worth of work in half the time leaves me with zero free time. ill be able to relax at the end of october though.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20026 on: September 12, 2018, 09:01:42 AM »
actually moved to be closer to fam as my son grows up

then i found a job-seems backwards but i knew something would work out. lots of work in the triangle area

https://www.kvia.com/news/new-mexico/national-solar-observatory-usps-office-in-sunspot-nm-evacuated-for-safety-reasons-/792020771

apparently lots of solar webcam feeds are down/facilities being closed simultaneously

never read the mist! ad it to my list of king works i should read

trying to remain calm here...

Oh, I misunderstood.

And yeah, The Mist is definitely worth reading. Here's a pdf of it:
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/a135f9a11bcac04100bf22d1ed30fd1920180912155849/4b183e
It will probably especially resonate with/horrify you, since you have a son.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #20027 on: September 13, 2018, 09:40:16 AM »
Ordered an 8.6 wknd from CCS that was supposed to come with a sheet of red grip. Forgot to tell them not to apply it and I don't want an entire board of red grip but it's too late to change it. So when it comes it I'll have to peel it off and lose an entire sheet of red grip. At least I didn't pay for it I guess.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #20028 on: September 13, 2018, 09:58:04 AM »
honestly, you kinda deserve that for wanting red grip
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #20029 on: September 13, 2018, 10:09:29 AM »
I embody all the worst parts of skateboarding so that's fair

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20030 on: September 13, 2018, 11:09:37 AM »
I embody all the worst parts of skateboarding so that's fair

true

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20031 on: September 13, 2018, 11:10:43 AM »
jk i see you out there killing it havin fun always .. im a fan of that and u

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #20032 on: September 13, 2018, 08:03:26 PM »
Pigs walking into black guys who are minding their own business homes and murdering them.

The news in general.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #20033 on: September 15, 2018, 02:06:45 PM »
i'm shaken up by this near death experience i had w/ a train.
i tried to talk to mental health about it and homegirl on the line goes 'you just wanted to tell your cool train story' which is sorta true but i'm processing it.
and i think it's just a cumulative effect, i've lost a lot of people and i stepped away from my DIY and the community skateshop. i'm fucking off all the good i was doing, it all seems like a drag to me.
after getting pulled under a train and being trapped for like 5-10 minutes, going to costa rica to get my teeth fixed seems pointless. so that X everything.

The fact that anybody supposedly in charge of helping people with their mental health told you that is fucked up. Your story is 'cool' as in hesh and beat cool but it's also terrifying. PTSD fucking sucks, gone through it a few times after traumatizing events as well. It takes a hard time to come down from such an experience, if ever completely.

The experience shouldn't lead you to fuck off all the good you were doing though. If anything it should encourage you to do even more of it, and even better. If you can't see that yet, it's because you're still in shock, but you'll overcome and outlive that state. Making a conscious effort to fuck off the negativity as opposed to your interests even if you don't feel like it might only help you in the long run.

I mean I don't know shit, but I'm sorry to hear you're feeling like that.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20034 on: September 15, 2018, 02:16:19 PM »
Regarding near death experience;.   Goes to show you, dont just go trusting people you dont know.  Strait up sniff, - you have some cool stories ,fuck that chick on the help line.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20035 on: September 15, 2018, 05:59:16 PM »
A step cousin of mine overdosed and died yesterday. I was never really close to him and my uncle who he's related through is a dick, but I still feel really bad for his family. He always seemed like a good kid, never knew he was even into that shit. He's the second one from my family to go this year.

This fentanyl shit is dropping people like the plague and I feel like it's still going to get a lot worse before it gets better. They're putting it in everything now, not just heron. Drugs we're never safe to begin with, but I feel like they're more dangerous now than ever before.

The whole issue just sucks. Don't fuck with drugs, kids.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20036 on: September 15, 2018, 06:14:14 PM »
A step cousin of mine overdosed and died yesterday. I was never really close to him and my uncle who he's related through is a dick, but I still feel really bad for his family. He always seemed like a good kid, never knew he was even into that shit. He's the second one from my family to go this year.

This fentanyl shit is dropping people like the plague and I feel like it's still going to get a lot worse before it gets better. They're putting it in everything now, not just heron. Drugs we're never safe to begin with, but I feel like they're more dangerous now than ever before.

Fucking fentanyl would never have took off if heroin was legalized.  Fentanyl is tiny and WAY easier for ilegal distribution.  Its will make its way to europe soon enuf make my words. (Just to explain a bit further, its way way easier to will yourself with fentanyl than with heroin (or dilaudid oxys ect.)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 06:21:05 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #20037 on: September 15, 2018, 08:27:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Fucking fentanyl would never have took off if heroin was legalized.  Fentanyl is tiny and WAY easier for ilegal distribution.  Its will make its way to europe soon enuf make my words. (Just to explain a bit further, its way way easier to will yourself with fentanyl than with heroin (or dilaudid oxys ect.)

Sorry to hear jb. Horrible

I live in a very small town, and I carry naloxone kits. In the last year or so I've encountered 6 ODs all fentanyl related.

All 6 lived so that's good.

Its fuckin weighing on me though and I already have PTSD.

This doesnt help
Gentleman ninja warlock

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20038 on: September 15, 2018, 10:19:11 PM »
That said, if you are in legitimate, 10/10 pain, and a medical professional offers to give you fentanyl, don't feel afraid to accept it, unless you know you have a substance abuse issue. When used appropriately, it is an extremely useful medication for acute pain, both in trauma, and medical based illnesses.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20039 on: September 16, 2018, 07:56:21 AM »
That said, if you are in legitimate, 10/10 pain, and a medical professional offers to give you fentanyl, don't feel afraid to accept it, unless you know you have a substance abuse issue. When used appropriately, it is an extremely useful medication for acute pain, both in trauma, and medical based illnesses.
  Generally fair statement but mabye be a lil afraid, a little fear of opiates offered by med pros (lets not forget the commissions they receive) is prolly healthy. Just sayin.