Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880965 times)

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 50
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #20070 on: September 18, 2018, 06:39:30 PM »
Just got a phone call from some random lady who found my old dog, Bernie. Turns out my ex hasn't gotten him new tags since we broke up three years ago and he got lost. Her phone number which was also on the tag has since changed. What a shit show.

I was able to track down my ex to let her know Bernie was missing and he is now safe and is back home with her.

Glad to know she still hasn't gotten her shit together.

Here Come The Lame Jets

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #20071 on: September 18, 2018, 08:32:58 PM »
That dog deserves better though.

Oh, I misunderstood.

And yeah, The Mist is definitely worth reading. Here's a pdf of it:
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/a135f9a11bcac04100bf22d1ed30fd1920180912155849/4b183e
It will probably especially resonate with/horrify you, since you have a son.

dude
thank you that was a great read
[/quote]
Yeah no problem. The movie version might still be on Netflix? It's good, definitely worth watching. The mini-series is so bad though.

The movie is a pretty faithful adaptation of the story, except for the end. Stephen King has said he prefers the film ending though, for whatever that's worth.

Yu Dum

« Reply #20072 on: September 19, 2018, 09:08:14 PM »
Fucked up trying to learn nollie back 180 to switch nosegrind and slipped out. Nearly broke my tailbone and left wrist.
Now, I probably won’t be able to skate for the next few days.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #20073 on: September 20, 2018, 05:14:04 AM »
im pretty sick of remakes, i just found out they are doing a spacejam 2 with lebron...

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #20074 on: September 20, 2018, 08:45:13 AM »
The 2 in it would denote that it's a sequel, not a remake.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #20075 on: September 20, 2018, 09:04:47 AM »
Who's going to play Bill Murry?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #20076 on: September 20, 2018, 09:56:51 AM »
Kids get a Monday off school and get to the park early evening to see this ...

Once the embers were scraped off

Not a happy bunny.
Shoulda built a plaza bro.  People can't take shits or have fires in a plaza.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

ungzilla

« Reply #20077 on: September 20, 2018, 10:18:28 AM »
i could absolutely shit in a plaza

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20078 on: September 20, 2018, 12:28:48 PM »
i could absolutely shit in a plaza

Oh yah I'm with you I love taking shits and could do it anywhere but your just less likely to gravitate towards a plaza if you're feeling like taking a shizz.  It's crust punks and other homeless you want to deter.  They have to shit outside on the regular so they preplan and generally want to avoid arrest.  "Fuck!! I need to take a huge shit,". "we're pretty close to the bowl honey just hold it for a minute" "okay"
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 12:30:28 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20079 on: September 20, 2018, 04:44:14 PM »

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #20080 on: September 21, 2018, 02:04:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Kids get a Monday off school and get to the park early evening to see this ...

Once the embers were scraped off

Not a happy bunny.
[close]
Shoulda built a plaza bro.  People can't take shits or have fires in a plaza.

If I could only go back to 1980 and tell them to build a plaza instead incase someone want to drop a log 38 years in the future.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #20081 on: September 21, 2018, 06:51:02 PM »
That closed down observatory story took a wild turn.
https://amp.slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/09/fbi-new-mexico-observatory-mystery.html
the fuck? not sure if i believe all of that. but outright trifling if true

Who's going to play Bill Murry?
whos going to fix the divits?

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20082 on: September 22, 2018, 03:31:05 PM »
You still think they saw aliens there?

Really the story about the perv-janitor is pretty nuts already. I especially love the parts about him getting super nervous after his laptop got discovered.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #20083 on: September 23, 2018, 06:02:52 PM »
The frosted tips rollerblader who waxes the shit out of the coping then got really aggro when we asked him nicely to please not do that sort of bummed me out.

I was pleased when he looped out on said coping and went straight to his hip.

But overall, not stoked.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #20084 on: September 24, 2018, 01:02:52 AM »
Things I'm Not Stoked On: Sesamoiditis

As Slap is both my lawyer and medical doctor, I have come for advice. Anyone ever dealt with this bullshit? A persistent pain underneath the ball of my big toe, kinda like turf toe but more chronic and less severe. I can still skate, and to an extent once I'm warmed up the pain ebbs a bit, but if I land with a lot of weight on my back toe or like, bend my toe sharply by landing with foot half on and half off of board, I'm in a world of hurt. Really the shitty thing is that pushing hurts.

I know I just have to fucking chill for a while, but uh, how long does this shit take to go away? I can't just do nothing cuz I'll turn into jabba the hutt. Acceptable exercises to not aggravate the sesamoid bones?! Gripe complete.
got that shit on my back foot too a few years ago by sticking my toe between wheel and board on a flip front and stomping on it with all my weight, broke both sesamoids, it took 6 months to one year to heal, time to improve your switch game, dude

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #20085 on: September 24, 2018, 11:39:02 AM »
yeah idk about aliens or solar flares or whatever
i just know that well over a week and no info is suspect

just found out i missed DRI this past weekend, dang!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 11:48:23 AM by smellsdead »

pinkbananastatus

• Rep: 10
« Reply #20086 on: September 24, 2018, 07:09:14 PM »
The past few months have been pretty rough. I graduated from undergrad in December, and took a 5 month temp job a month after, but when it came time to renew I opted out since the temp job wasn't what I'm really looking to be doing. I started applying to jobs again a month before my contract was up, but I barely heard anything from anyone until a month into unemployment. 3 months in now, and the extension I was offered when the contract was up would be in it's last week now and I have nothing to show for it. I still have a couple more months left of savings, but god damn I'm tired of this. There's a local company I've been trying to work at recently and I've applied to all sorts of openings just trying to get my foot in the door, but today I got a rejection email from a fucking call center position with them. I'm legitimately unfit to take phone calls. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing at this point.

In addition to that, my girl and I have been in a weird limbo the past few weeks. We had dated for a year and a half, but broke up almost a year ago because our relationship was unhealthy in our dependence on each other. So we both took some time away to grow a bit more, but we started hanging out a lot more again in the past few months. it was all going in the direction of getting back together, but when I asked her about actually making that jump again, she admitted she was uncomfortable with the idea that she was my first girlfriend and that I didn't date anybody else in the past year. So she straight up told me we can't get back together if I don't date somebody else, which seems like a load of bullshit to either hide either commitment issues or that she wants to still fuck other people. there's definitely a logical answer to this one, but its admittedly hard to swallow since I've admitted that I fell for her all over again and I can very easily see myself living a happy life with her.

Sorry for suck a long rant. More for therapy than looking for answers.
I don't really understand what's going on and I haven't read this thread yet, but I can tell I'm angry.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #20087 on: September 24, 2018, 08:51:33 PM »
When it comes to broads there’s no logical answer . Next time she wants to hang tell her your going skating and blow her off . Can you go back to the temp job ?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20088 on: September 25, 2018, 05:26:44 AM »
Mabye tell her to fuck off.  Even if shes "the one" .  I think doing something like that can be super life changing and empowering which is prolly even better than romance.   She'd prolly learn some valuable shit that way too.  Don't be decieved by the 'comfort'.

Pigeon

« Reply #20089 on: September 25, 2018, 07:22:43 AM »
I front side 180'ed over a barrier and credit carded myself yesterday. Woke up this morning and can hardly walk and it hurts to sit.

Expand Quote
In addition to that, my girl and I have been in a weird limbo the past few weeks. We had dated for a year and a half, but broke up almost a year ago because our relationship was unhealthy in our dependence on each other. So we both took some time away to grow a bit more, but we started hanging out a lot more again in the past few months. it was all going in the direction of getting back together, but when I asked her about actually making that jump again, she admitted she was uncomfortable with the idea that she was my first girlfriend and that I didn't date anybody else in the past year. So she straight up told me we can't get back together if I don't date somebody else, which seems like a load of bullshit to either hide either commitment issues or that she wants to still fuck other people. there's definitely a logical answer to this one, but its admittedly hard to swallow since I've admitted that I fell for her all over again and I can very easily see myself living a happy life with her.
[close]

I feel like she's keeping you as a backup, or she doesn't have the fortitude to tell you that you guys are done. Sorry friend  :(
It’s her nice way of saying that she still has feelings for you but the sex is terrible.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #20090 on: September 25, 2018, 07:55:29 AM »
Expand Quote
I front side 180'ed over a barrier and credit carded myself yesterday. Woke up this morning and can hardly walk and it hurts to sit.

Expand Quote
[close]

I feel like she's keeping you as a backup, or she doesn't have the fortitude to tell you that you guys are done. Sorry friend  :(
[close]
It’s her nice way of saying that she still has feelings for you but the sex is terrible.

This is possible.

Did you eat de poosy?

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #20091 on: September 25, 2018, 09:26:25 AM »
Worked hard, trained hard. All commuter trains are out. Have to take the subway. Checked the web site, the fuckers are working again and I am stuck on a subway and it is too late to change now.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #20092 on: September 25, 2018, 08:50:55 PM »
When your idiot friend is texting you selfies with some dumb animal face from his new iPhone . Fuck off with bull shit .

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20093 on: September 26, 2018, 01:51:07 PM »
Janked by foot today and kept skating and it felt fine but now I'm after having two pints and my ankle is in a world of pain even with it elevated.  When ur old you can't get away with anything.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #20094 on: September 27, 2018, 09:52:57 AM »
Why the fuck do people not use punctuation anymore? Look how damn long this rambling paragraph is with out any periods, quotation marks or anything!

http://www.instagram.com/p/BoPGxoqng2m/?hl=en&taken-by=dakotaservold

Irvine-Sucks.com

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #20095 on: September 27, 2018, 10:09:36 AM »
no way I read that

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #20096 on: September 27, 2018, 11:36:31 AM »
Dakota of Foundation, on High School Dropout. Confirmed.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #20097 on: September 27, 2018, 02:18:19 PM »
no way I read that

Too long, do not resuscitate.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #20098 on: September 27, 2018, 07:48:36 PM »
Words is hard

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #20099 on: September 27, 2018, 11:41:55 PM »
people who post lots of alt right stuff on social media. creepy, angry vibes. had to mute a guy on IG.