Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880925 times)

Say Hi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #120 on: May 01, 2008, 08:48:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It seems like that I've come to a point at skateboarding, where I don't progress anymore trickwise and just do the same old stuff again and again. It's kinda annoying, since learning new tricks is where I've always got a big part of my motivation from. I don't know why, but learning new stuff has always made me stoked on skateboarding more than anything other. I'm still not that bad at skateboarding, but I'm kinda stuck at that mediocre Curb, Rail, Flips stuff. I never really skated stairs or gaps cause I'm too much of a pussy.

Not stoked on school anymore. At the start of this year, I had some motivation to do well, but I've lost all of that. Maybe it's because I've already been accepted by universities, or maybe it's just because I'm almost done high school, but I cannot force myself to put the slightest bit of effort in academically.
[close]
I believe that's called "senior-itis"
[close]

I'm 18.

loophole

« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2008, 09:06:31 AM »
yes, please continue

oh wait, you missed the point. nevermind

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2008, 09:34:38 AM »
Snow in May.
18 is the new 65.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2008, 11:21:47 AM »
i bought a habitat hat online....what a mistake!
it looked really cool in the pictures but the quality was so piss poor, theres no way i can rock it.
the brim is off center, the stitching is crooked, and one side is puffed out more than the other.
i'm going to shoot DNA a email and see what they have to say because this hat is way terrible. 

on a side note, i'll never buy hats online again, NEVER!

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2008, 11:27:03 AM »
it looked really cool in the pictures but the quality was so piss poor, theres no way i can rock it.
the brim is off center, the stitching is crooked, and one side is puffed out more than the other.
i'm going to shoot DNA a email and see what they have to say because this hat is way terrible. 

Yeah, I refuse to buy any clothing online.  Well, I guess teeshirts and hoodies are safe, but anything else and you run the risk of having  something that fits like crap that you'll never wear.

lenny

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2008, 11:45:14 AM »
It was 85 degrees yesterday and we skating/sweating like it was summer. I wake up this morning to snow on the ground, colorado is fucking weird.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2008, 11:54:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah, I refuse to buy any clothing online.  Well, I guess teeshirts and hoodies are safe, but anything else and you run the risk of having  something that fits like crap that you'll never wear.

even buying t-shirts and hoodies can be bad.
i bought a bunch of t-shirts recently, and i asked if it was pre-shrunk cotton or not.
i was told it wasn't, that they would shrink down to a medium if i bought a large.
as soon as i got them i washed them, threw it in the dryer, and they didn't shrink at all. 
now i'm stuck with 3 shirts that make me look like one of those hood rat kids with the XXXL shirts, or skirts as i like to call them.
i'm probably going to give it away to some of my friends cause they look pretty regular on me as is. 

Say Hi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2008, 12:12:13 PM »
Buying T-Shirts sucks here, cause all you get is those really wide, not long at all shirts. Blank shirts of course, no way I'm gonna pay 30 Euros (46 Dollar) for a skateboard company shirt.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #128 on: May 01, 2008, 12:22:02 PM »
I cant pay my rent, because all my money's spent.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #129 on: May 01, 2008, 12:22:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It seems like that I've come to a point at skateboarding, where I don't progress anymore trickwise and just do the same old stuff again and again. It's kinda annoying, since learning new tricks is where I've always got a big part of my motivation from. I don't know why, but learning new stuff has always made me stoked on skateboarding more than anything other. I'm still not that bad at skateboarding, but I'm kinda stuck at that mediocre Curb, Rail, Flips stuff. I never really skated stairs or gaps cause I'm too much of a pussy.

Not stoked on school anymore. At the start of this year, I had some motivation to do well, but I've lost all of that. Maybe it's because I've already been accepted by universities, or maybe it's just because I'm almost done high school, but I cannot force myself to put the slightest bit of effort in academically.
[close]
I believe that's called "senior-itis"
[close]
[close]

I'm 18.

I had the same skating issue. If you're skating a park, get the fuck out. I would go to the same pre-fab every day do the tricks i had, try to learn something and then get bored and sit around. Luckily i found some other dude with a car who was up to skate street and i quickly got all my skate motivation back. Its humbling and fun to go out and only be able to do 5050's cuz there's a couple cracks and the ledge isnt made out of plastic with metal coping

Say Hi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #130 on: May 01, 2008, 12:34:36 PM »
Yeah, I've been skating the same park all the time now. It's a really good park though, we even built a curb ourselfs recently. It's all concrete with metal angles on the curbs. But I guess you're right. Even though street skating sucks around here, cause we only have a few spots and curb spots are usually a bust. You kinda made me stoked on going street skating somewhere else again, thanks.

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #131 on: May 01, 2008, 01:18:05 PM »
Being so exhausted from work and knowing tomorrow is going to be just as horrendous. I guess I should be happy I have a job with the way the economy is going.

Team Acid excluding faggets.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

vicky

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • brofessional
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #132 on: May 01, 2008, 01:22:57 PM »
so im just sitting in the computer lab on petfinder and its bumming me out. people write the bios as if they are the actual animals talking and some of them are really fucking sad.

we could get matching halter tops and do kickturns over the dick at fdr, people wouldn't know what to do. I would be a c cup massacre.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #133 on: May 01, 2008, 01:24:51 PM »
so im just sitting in the computer lab on petfinder and its bumming me out. people write the bios as if they are the actual animals talking and some of them are really fucking sad.

In Houston there's this place called bulldog postal and the bulldog the owner has is named Lola.

vicky

• SLAP Pal
  • brofessional
« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2008, 01:29:40 PM »
lolas a good pet name. i need to get a dog.
we could get matching halter tops and do kickturns over the dick at fdr, people wouldn't know what to do. I would be a c cup massacre.

jesus0nvi4gra

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #135 on: May 02, 2008, 12:36:45 AM »
I just saw a commercial for "Guys Gone Wild", chock full of the expected guidos, tank tops, and blowouts.

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2008, 10:17:56 AM »
It's 1:15 and I just woke up.  I think I'm going to skip coffee today, go to the bar and drink all day and night till i can't see and just come home and go back to bed.
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #137 on: May 02, 2008, 10:28:32 AM »
It's 1:15 and I just woke up.  I think I'm going to skip coffee today, go to the bar and drink all day and night till i can't see and just come home and go back to bed.

Wrong thread

SR Junky

« Reply #138 on: May 02, 2008, 10:39:40 AM »

I just read something for class about how the bulldog used to be a great athletic dog but humans purposefully bred them to be all sad looking with stubby legs and now they are getting heart and lung defects because of it.  pretty unstoked

tonycoxhox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
    • journal blog. avatar image
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #139 on: May 02, 2008, 11:07:50 AM »
humans are sure amazing
"we were going digital, ignoring all but the most core matter from history and focusing on the most complicated structures in order to make our lives more simple, but we could not escape from the cage, the past, and "reality" so we surrendered to short term drug euphoria." - John Albertson (on LSD)

vicky

• SLAP Pal
  • brofessional
« Reply #140 on: May 02, 2008, 11:17:59 AM »
not stoked on having a crush on someone. also not siked that it magically went from 30 degrees to muggy hazy about to rain 70 degrees and i cant go home and put on shorts

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #141 on: May 02, 2008, 12:52:56 PM »
WTF is it?

jesus0nvi4gra

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #142 on: May 02, 2008, 12:54:58 PM »
WTF is it?

Your mom.

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.  It's been too long.

Lance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #143 on: May 02, 2008, 01:12:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wrong thread
where would you like it? It's 4 oclock and im already hammered!(im stoked on that)

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #144 on: May 02, 2008, 01:46:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Wrong thread
[close]
where would you like it? It's 4 oclock and im already hammered!(im stoked on that)
It should be in stoked on, maybe your vision is blurred and you can't see the not up there.

lenny

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #145 on: May 02, 2008, 01:50:15 PM »
WTF is it?

I dont know. thats weird.

jrock

« Reply #146 on: May 02, 2008, 03:54:57 PM »
my teeth got really sensitive all of a sudden (probably due to some of the medication i'm taking), and it hurts like a motherfucker every time i eat ice cream

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image
« Reply #147 on: May 02, 2008, 04:46:37 PM »
Watched Diary Of The Dead last night and it was a stinker. Bummed on Romero.

Lance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #148 on: May 02, 2008, 05:19:17 PM »
I have to walk 4 blocks back to the bar, I havent eatin anything yet today. POWERFADE!

FakieFlipCG

• Rep: 36
« Reply #149 on: May 02, 2008, 09:01:14 PM »
my insurance people never told the people at the doctor place that i was approved for an MRI, so i didnt get one until we called them 2 and a half weeks later. and..i had to keep an imobilizer on my whole leg because i didnt know if i was allowed to take it off, so i just kept it on and i lost alot of muscle during those 2 weeks....I finally get my MRI and the only thing i did was bruise the bone and nothing was torn(which is good)...but i never needed the leg brace on and i lost alot of muscle for no reason and now i cant skate for at least twice as long as it shouldve taken for it to heal.  Its now been 4 weeks since ive skated.