Author Topic: new guy on chocolate  (Read 24415 times)

Gest

Re: new guy on chocolate
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2008, 02:17:37 PM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uKWTCGauB5Q

How is this in anyway boring?
its like puting up the intro to guilty and asking "How is this in anyway corny as fuck?"

he really didnt do anything in there i found interesting at all. some rail feebles and nosegrinds, hardflips, inward heels, backtails. theres dozens of ams doing the same exact things. just because he's on adidas doesnt mean im going to like him. maybe some day i'll change my mind, who knows. but there was nothing unique or interesting about that, really.

Universal Remonster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -22
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2008, 02:30:18 PM »
ugh shutup theres just as many ams doing the crap you wanna see, its a part from some random puzzle video if you're gonna judge him on his lack of creativy and spot selection at least wait untill he has a new part. And regardless i think the people over at chocolate might know what they're doing as opposed to some kid whos trying oh so hard to fit in on this forum for the past 4 years
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 02:32:34 PM by Universal Remonster »

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2008, 02:40:06 PM »
he really didnt do anything in there i found interesting at all. some rail feebles and nosegrinds, hardflips, inward heels, backtails. theres dozens of ams doing the same exact things. just because he's on adidas doesnt mean im going to like him. maybe some day i'll change my mind, who knows. but there was nothing unique or interesting about that, really.

yeah...there were a few sick things -- that pivoted-as-hell fs flip up a curb in a line was dope as fuck -- but he kinda has that "trying too hard to look effortless" snowboarder-y kinda style, and everything looks really, really pre-planned.  he looks like the kind of guy that wouldn't know spontaneity if it bit him in the ass.  doesn't seem very...chocolate-y.  a little too trick-obsessed and not very fun.

Gest

« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2008, 02:46:13 PM »
ugh shutup theres just as many ams doing the crap you wanna see, its a part from some random puzzle video if you're gonna judge him on his lack of creativy and spot selection at least wait untill he has a new part. And regardless i think the people over at chocolate might know what they're doing as opposed to some kid whos trying oh so hard to fit in on this forum for the past 4 years
correction: 5 years, get your facts straight

do you want me to like what you like? you obviously have a problem with me not being into him, so, if youre just gonna say "ugh shutup ya lol faggot GAY" like you do in every one of your posts i guess i'll like him

and for the record, i cant think of like 10 ams that im really into, but apparently you know them, so if you could name them for me, thatd be great

i dont know how im trying to fit in, everyone here likes this lem dude, i just am not into him

Universal Remonster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2008, 03:12:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
correction: 5 years, get your facts straight

do you want me to like what you like? you obviously have a problem with me not being into him, so, if youre just gonna say "ugh shutup ya lol faggot GAY" like you do in every one of your posts i guess i'll like him

and for the record, i cant think of like 10 ams that im really into, but apparently you know them, so if you could name them for me, thatd be great

i dont know how im trying to fit in, everyone here likes this lem dude, i just am not into him
i'm not gonna bother responding to all that crap, but you dont see how you're trying to fit in? really?

Gest

« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2008, 03:15:21 PM »
yeah dude, i really dont, i like what i like, i dont see the problem, and i REALLY dont see how it affects you at all

Universal Remonster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2008, 03:27:21 PM »
no it doesnt, but seeing it so often it starts to get to me a bit

haha you kook'd me

Gest

« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2008, 03:30:24 PM »
i would actually tell you if i kook'd you, and i really didnt, the only person ive ever kooked is atm so i could get higher up than him

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2008, 03:30:48 PM »
i dont know why folks here are so into lem vanilla or whatever. everyone's always complaining about mikemo and prod "robot" styles but this guy gets the free pass? i think it may have something to do with adidas
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

Wizard Fuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2008, 04:17:37 PM »
Expand Quote
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uKWTCGauB5Q

How is this in anyway boring?
[close]
its like puting up the intro to guilty and asking "How is this in anyway corny as fuck?"

Who ever said that you had to like him because he's on adidas?
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah...there were a few sick things -- that pivoted-as-hell fs flip up a curb in a line was dope as fuck -- but he kinda has that "trying too hard to look effortless" snowboarder-y kinda style, and everything looks really, really pre-planned.  he looks like the kind of guy that wouldn't know spontaneity if it bit him in the ass.  doesn't seem very...chocolate-y.  a little too trick-obsessed and not very fun.

I honestly don't understand how you could come to this conclusion, you must be paying waaaaaaay too much attention.
The answer is Dutch Masters, you fat fucking catastrophe.

GIRL Workshop B

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -347
  • Gino Clause
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2008, 04:19:27 PM »
wait a sec isn't marquis preston on chocolate flow? maybe its him

visitingfriends

« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2008, 04:40:57 PM »
javier has everything lem has plus a lil more
and way better style.

if he was 16 years old...

someone might care

why is that? can anyone tell me why?

Derk the Jerk

• Rep: 61
  • Formerly Derka Derk
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2008, 05:27:02 PM »
I think Lem is a great skateboarder, but I do not yet see him make the same impact previous chocolate riders made, like Gino, Keenan, Stevie, York and MJ.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2008, 06:02:58 PM »
marquise isn't an idiot. He knows that its impossible to go anywhere on chocolate flow. He gets baker flow now.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2008, 06:21:01 PM »

ProjectPatrick

« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2008, 06:51:53 PM »
Expand Quote
i dont know why folks here are so into lem vanilla or whatever. everyone's always complaining about mikemo and prod "robot" styles but this guy gets the free pass? i think it may have something to do with adidas
[close]
ROBOT style? Lem? Are you fucking kidding me. Lem may have a similar trick selection to those dudes but his style is incredibly loose... Just shows some poeple on here have no clue what they are talking about. You can have your opinions but saying that he has a "robotic" style is just plain regular.

era

« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2008, 07:47:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
ROBOT style? Lem? Are you fucking kidding me. Lem may have a similar trick selection to those dudes but his style is incredibly loose... Just shows some poeple on here have no clue what they are talking about. You can have your opinions but saying that he has a "robotic" style is just plain regular.

robotic has nothing to do with how you carry yourself.  It has to do with doing that same thing every time you do a trick.  Now I'm not going to examine every lem trick but he is definately not out of the ordinary.  Now lem may have a "loose" style but theres also tons of other ams that have loose styles.  The spontanious ones are the ones who stick out in my mine, like john motta. 

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2008, 09:28:10 PM »
i bet if mike mo and malto were from europe we'd like them more....

tiger woods

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2008, 09:34:56 PM »
i understand the lem hate, i mean all his shit looks almost too perfect. but he's got serious talent, if he's the new dude on chocolate, im going to be hyped.

plus i thought the alvarez kid was on girl?

edit: as for javier, he needs to be pro damnit.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2008, 09:37:02 PM »
you guys ever think cookiehead will make a comeback?

El Chupacabra

• Rep: 147
    • Brujaria Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2008, 10:14:57 PM »
 If the dude is on a Girl  company that means he fuckin rips.

I don't really follow the industry like I used to (this is really my only source of info) so I'm not sure whose hot and whatnot but damn that kid is good. I don't see how people can be critical. Not enough cellar doors or something?

ProjectPatrick

« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2008, 10:44:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

robotic has nothing to do with how you carry yourself.  It has to do with doing that same thing every time you do a trick.  Now I'm not going to examine every lem trick but he is definately not out of the ordinary.  Now lem may have a "loose" style but theres also tons of other ams that have loose styles.  The spontanious ones are the ones who stick out in my mine, like john motta. 
I don't understand how it doesn't have anything to do with carrying yourself, since carrying yourself would have something to do with how you do your tricks. What I'm getting from your logic robotic could also include people like Chico and Jimmy Cao. Yes, under what you just said Chico would be classified as "robotic", but he's not so you're bullshitting so you can validate not liking Lem. Just say there's something about him you don't like.

Raw!!!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 60
  • ackrite
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2008, 10:47:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
marquise isn't an idiot. He knows that its impossible to go anywhere on chocolate flow.
Isn't this thread about Lem Villemin going from flow to am?

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2008, 11:01:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
marquise isn't an idiot. He knows that its impossible to go anywhere on chocolate flow.
[close]
Isn't this thread about Lem Villemin going from flow to am?
Its about Vincent. If you don't get on chocolate immediately after getting on flow, you'll never get on.

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2008, 11:18:35 PM »
wait guys, before you all judge lem on this part above ... that is leftover footage. the adidas promo part was 90% tour footage. the part before was a shop video part nobody saw here until it came out as rough footage 2 years later.

he's not generic, . he WILL make an impact on skateboarding, but you have to wait for that 4-5 years. he needs that time

csumers

• Rep: 41
« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2008, 08:48:25 AM »
if Lem is full am for Chocolate, their veterans will help shape him into one hell of a future. Dude is good whether you like his skating or not.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #116 on: April 28, 2008, 09:35:44 AM »
This guy is so good. I just think it's funny how being too good (ie Robot steez) makes you less ineteresting to watch. Skaters almost have to dumb it down a little just to make tricks seem a little more interesting.....

But wether with Javier or Lem, I'll be amped. I say bring Javier and Lem both on at the same time.....please everyone.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

deluxe_six

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
  • I'm happy, won't you be happy with me?
« Reply #117 on: April 28, 2008, 10:25:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
I think people dropped the Mikemo hate after FF dropped, and saying Paul is boring is just an excuse to find something wrong with a prodigy.
For the record, I like all three.
[close]
mike mo and paul are both really talented, but they're not what i'm usually going to watch before i go skate. i haven't seen enough lem footage to form an opinion on him.
[close]
I hate seeing progression right before i go skate , also.
jesus, in every fucking post you whine about progression, shut the fuck up

Hatechild

« Reply #118 on: April 28, 2008, 03:44:40 PM »
Either way, Chocolate is pretty good at picking up talent that fits their team. Minus Justin Timberlake of course. 

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2008, 09:08:11 PM »
wait guys, before you all judge lem on this part above ... that is leftover footage. the adidas promo part was 90% tour footage. the part before was a shop video part nobody saw here until it came out as rough footage 2 years later.

he's not generic, . he WILL make an impact on skateboarding, but you have to wait for that 4-5 years. he needs that time

well, do you have a link to any good footage of him?  he's obviously extremely talented, but i wasn't feeling that video.

as for the infallibility of girl fam's flow/am selection...uh, jereme rogers?  they might be able to pick'em for the most part, but every once in a while a kook will slip through