Author Topic: trick name (grind)  (Read 9850 times)

BriDen

trick name (grind)
« on: April 28, 2008, 02:25:34 PM »
What's the name when the rail is behind you (backside), and you do a frontside 180 to fakie frontside smith(switch fs willy)?
Jeremy Wray does one in the Revolution, at 3:48

Is an "over-willy" the same as an anchor grind?

Might as well get some others out there too.
Rail in front of you, frontside 180 to switch bs feeble: Grapefruit grind
Rail behind you, frontside 180 to fakie bs feeble: Hurricane
Rail in front of you, frontside 180 to fakie bs smith(switch bs willy): Sugarcane

mikefork

Re: trick name (grind)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 05:25:16 PM »
i thought an over-willy was a sieben grind

what do you mean by "Rail in front of you, frontside 180 to switch bs feeble"? are you talking about barely grinds or hurricanes? something completely different?

BriDen

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 05:27:43 PM »
i thought an over-willy was a sieben grind

what do you mean by "Rail in front of you, frontside 180 to switch bs feeble"? are you talking about barely grinds or hurricanes? something completely different?
I actually almost didn't make this thread because it was so damn hard to word it right, and I guess I still failed at that. I'm talking about the grind Chris Cole did in a fallen ad, and Koston nollied into one on the fake brown rail in FF.

mikefork

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 05:49:22 PM »
i read it as "behind" instead of "in front of"

BriDen

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 05:51:11 PM »
i read it as "behind" instead of "in front of"

sfahahaha. That's the one.

neko

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 09:52:47 PM »

Rail in front of you, frontside 180 to fakie bs smith(switch bs willy): Sugarcane

i've never heard "over-willy" used before, but i've always referred to anchor grinds as the bag lady.  i don't know where it came from, but it's one of my favorite names.  you meant like a back lip/nosegrind, right?

it's my understanding that "grapefruit grind" is the original term for a feeble, when it was just a ramp trick.  i've never heard of it used for the trick you described.

your hurricane description seems a bit off (or just awkward), but sugarcane is correct.

i think i remember seeing Chris Cole do a fs 180 to switch front feeble (approaching bs) at a demo one time...it was insane.

BriDen

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 10:02:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i've never heard "over-willy" used before, but i've always referred to anchor grinds as the bag lady.  i don't know where it came from, but it's one of my favorite names.  you meant like a back lip/nosegrind, right?

it's my understanding that "grapefruit grind" is the original term for a feeble, when it was just a ramp trick.  i've never heard of it used for the trick you described.

your hurricane description seems a bit off (or just awkward), but sugarcane is correct.

i think i remember seeing Chris Cole do a fs 180 to switch front feeble (approaching bs) at a demo one time...it was insane.
You know, now that you mention bag lady, it sounds familiar. Don't know why either, though.
Ther term "over-willy" came from EA's skate video game. I never called it that personally, but yeah, talking about backlip/nosegrind.
The descriptions are definately awkward, I tried to not get into like how many degrees you turn the board into the grind, but Hurricane is a 180 to switch baglady.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 10:57:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

chris cole's trick is a sieben grind. he wrote about it in a thrasher article a few months before united by fate episode 2 came out and haslam did it switch.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 11:33:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

chris cole's trick is a sieben grind. he wrote about it in a thrasher article a few months before united by fate episode 2 came out and haslam did it switch.
Rick Ibaseta did it in the second new deal video so maybe sebien grind is a little wrong.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 12:43:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Rick Ibaseta did it in the second new deal video so maybe sebien grind is a little wrong.

ah. well, i was jst going off the article. i'm not surprised that someone did it before though.

bobjohn

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 02:07:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
You know, now that you mention bag lady, it sounds familiar. Don't know why either, though.
Ther term "over-willy" came from EA's skate video game. I never called it that personally, but yeah, talking about backlip/nosegrind.
The descriptions are definately awkward, I tried to not get into like how many degrees you turn the board into the grind, but Hurricane is a 180 to switch baglady.

Al Losi did "over-willy" grinds on vert during the mid-'80s. I'm not sure if it's the same thing as a "Losi grind", but I think it is. We used to call these "novacaines" on curbs years back. But I've also heard it referred to as that trick Mark does in video days (180 to switch feeble). I'm confused now, but I once knew these.

The first and only time I've seen "baglady" referenced was the backlip/nosegrind by Jason Carney for a TWS trick tip at Jerebek school (the rail he back-lipped in "This is Not the New..."). That was 1991.

I also concur with the "grapefruit" definition as "feeble". Gonz does it in a Poweredge "I used to be disgusted" column years back. It was on a ramp to fakie, and I don't think it was grinded, but I learned them grinding since that's how I interpreted it.

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 06:33:07 AM »
Al Losi did "over-willy" grinds on vert during the mid-'80s. I'm not sure if it's the same thing as a "Losi grind", but I think it is. We used to call these "novacaines" on curbs years back. But I've also heard it referred to as that trick Mark does in video days (180 to switch feeble). I'm confused now, but I once knew these.

I also concur with the "grapefruit" definition as "feeble". Gonz does it in a Poweredge "I used to be disgusted" column years back. It was on a ramp to fakie, and I don't think it was grinded, but I learned them grinding since that's how I interpreted it.

oh yeah, i forgot about Losi grinds.  i think that's just a bag lady, but it looks so much more tough and less goofy on tranny.

my favorite line from Yeah Right is from the Owen Wilson extended cut, when he mentions someone feeble grinding something, and in the background Carroll says "it's called a grapefruit grind".

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 10:50:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

The first and only time I've seen "baglady" referenced was the backlip/nosegrind by Jason Carney for a TWS trick tip at Jerebek school (the rail he back-lipped in "This is Not the New..."). That was 1991.

i've heard it called new deal grinds a bunch of times (bag lady)
[close]
[close]

GIRL Workshop B

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -347
  • Gino Clause
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2008, 11:49:22 AM »
i know this is kinda off topic but has anyone ever kickflipped/heelflipped out of a grind down a rail(im not talking about the small ones im talking about the average sized ones or bigger)?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2008, 12:12:28 PM »
i know this is kinda off topic but has anyone ever kickflipped/heelflipped out of a grind down a rail(im not talking about the small ones im talking about the average sized ones or bigger)?
Chris Cole has nollie heeled out of a few decent sized noseslides, and I know the front 5050 kickflip out has been done too. The only thing close I can recall though is McCrank flipping out of a 5050 on a hubba in menikmati, which is a lot different, I know.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

BriDen

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2008, 12:31:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Chris Cole has nollie heeled out of a few decent sized noseslides, and I know the front 5050 kickflip out has been done too. The only thing close I can recall though is McCrank flipping out of a 5050 on a hubba in menikmati, which is a lot different, I know.
Chris Cole also did the 5050 kf out on that wide white rail, and Slap's favorite Dan Pageau did one on a decent sized rail with a kink at the top.
Somebody (looked like David Loy :-\) in that "nollie inward heel front board" video posted yesterday did backlip kickflip out to regular.
Reynolds and Slap's other favorite Kurtis Colonoscopy did front blunt, backside flip out on rails.

Lumpy Oatmeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • only the classics
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2008, 07:14:02 PM »
doesnt heath do a kickflip outta a backtail in this is skateboarding? and eric in yeah right? or was erics a hubba? i dont remember
and yall dont need to be worryin about my rep, if yall really need to know, its cause no other rapper on here gully enough to do the dirt dolo i done
[quote author=drunk link=topic=46570.msg125

BriDen

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 07:42:51 PM »
doesnt heath do a kickflip outta a backtail in this is skateboarding? and eric in yeah right? or was erics a hubba? i dont remember
Both were done, and eric's was on that mellow wooden (ithink) thing... I dont know what to call it cuz it looks halfway between a rail and a ledge. But I didn't post those because dude said "average sized or bigger" so I disregarded tricks done on LA High rail and rails like that.

Lumpy Oatmeal

• SLAP Pal
  • only the classics
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 07:45:58 PM »
heaths rail was pretty legit
and yall dont need to be worryin about my rep, if yall really need to know, its cause no other rapper on here gully enough to do the dirt dolo i done

BriDen

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2008, 07:51:20 PM »
heaths rail was pretty legit
Really? I'm not dissing Heath or anything. It's the same one that Vinny Vegas did bs 180 to fakie 5-0 right? It just always looked on film like it'd be the same size as LA High rail, but I could definately be wrong.

Lumpy Oatmeal

• SLAP Pal
  • only the classics
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2008, 07:57:07 PM »
meh actually i dunno its kinda low

its not as mellow as la high but its still kinda low

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2008, 08:58:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Reynolds and Slap's other favorite Kurtis Colonoscopy did front blunt, backside flip out on rails.

that plan b am scott decenzo did front blunt kickflip to fakie on that one silver rail in texas. the one that silas cab back lips in inhabitants.

skaterdavid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2008, 02:17:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

that plan b am scott decenzo did front blunt kickflip to fakie on that one silver rail in texas. the one that silas cab back lips in inhabitants.

tranquil rail