Author Topic: wallenberg  (Read 19671 times)

raaawwstreet

Re: wallenberg
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2006, 01:07:16 AM »
IT HURTS YOUR FEET AND ITS A BITCH HAVING TO WALK UP THE HILL OVER AND OVER AGAIN. AND IF ITS EVEN SLIGHTLY WINDY THEN YOU MIGHT AS WELL FORGET ABOUT UNLESS YOU WOULD LIKE TO HANG UP AND EAT SHIT, WHAT ABOUT COLES TRE? DO PEOPLE THINK ITS RAW OR NOT THAT HE USED THE ROLLIN RAMP TO PULL IT? ANY OPINIONS?

bentmode

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2006, 02:36:52 AM »
im not a big fan or the tre personally, i think it was free your mind but thats when i thought tony manfre shut the shit down.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

raaawwstreet

« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2006, 03:40:09 PM »
im not a big fan or the tre personally, i think it was free your mind but thats when i thought tony manfre shut the shit down.

manfre owns the berg to this day. and nesser!

kev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2006, 04:56:08 PM »
reynolds owns the 'burg

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2006, 06:10:22 PM »
reynolds owns the 'burg

Come on now.  He had to use a roll in to do the f/s flip.

supermoonunit

« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2006, 08:41:08 PM »
yeah raw street tricks are better.....the show down thing was like some kind of contest and they had big dumb sticker on it and i guess the rollin ramp isnt as cool......id rather see people jump down it raw style......manfres was my favorite stuff

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2006, 10:54:50 PM »
manfre definetly owns the berg, along with nesser,eldridge,gonz and gerwer

Universal Remonster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -22
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2006, 01:27:06 AM »
its pretty fucked you guys just deny some of the gnarliest tricks down it because you dont like them, i could understand if you were saying your favorite tricks down it, but you're saying they "own" it, which is not true

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2006, 02:07:49 AM »
its pretty fucked you guys just deny some of the gnarliest tricks down it because you dont like them, i could understand if you were saying your favorite tricks down it, but you're saying they "own" it, which is not true

everyone knows, or should know thar chris coles tre flip is by far the gnarliest thing to be put down there, rollin or not, that shit was mind blowing. i just love manfre's switch 180 and gerwer's kickflip alot too, so raw and both of those clips were rad because of how wild they rolled away from that shit.

tonycoxhox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
    • journal blog. avatar image
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2006, 03:31:58 AM »
Are you going to try switch flipping it again?
"we were going digital, ignoring all but the most core matter from history and focusing on the most complicated structures in order to make our lives more simple, but we could not escape from the cage, the past, and "reality" so we surrendered to short term drug euphoria." - John Albertson (on LSD)

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2006, 04:17:44 AM »
its not skateable anymore.

stagefright

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2006, 08:10:06 PM »
anyone link gerwers kickflip?
we toked a marley and i split back to the park, minding my own busineess when a rollerblader mean mugs..i let it go.

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2006, 03:09:46 PM »
anyone link gerwers kickflip?

i cant find a link, i tried but found nothing, all i know is that it was a 411 opener.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2006, 03:15:18 PM »
Gerwer's kickflip was rad because it was a milestone. People started trying shit again over it because of that. I went to that Wallenberg contest thing and Gerwer was there just sipping on a tallcan watching the whole thing go down. Seemed pretty badass.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2006, 05:01:39 PM »
Didn't Markovich land on a kickflip (to broken board) in '92 or '93?
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

john

• Rep: 8
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2006, 01:21:27 PM »
anybody else see karl watson's tre flip back 180 down the two in that old expedition one promo?

biggums mcgee

« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2006, 07:16:40 PM »
that sounds neat. Some kid was talking down on nesser's pop shuv, saying how it wouldn't be hard to pull that off at all. stupid shit if you ask me. I've never been to california, but I did see the love gap in person, and I know that wallenberg must be atleast 1 1/2 the size of that. Some people are just dumb

red curb

• Rep: -5
« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2006, 12:05:28 PM »
I know for a fact that 99% of this board wouldn't even be able to contemplate clearing the 4 if they actually went there and stood on top of it, let alone doing something harder than just a basic ollie.  ANYTHING landed down that shit is crazy. 

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #78 on: December 26, 2006, 01:19:00 PM »
I know for a fact that 99% of this board wouldn't even be able to contemplate clearing the 4 if they actually went there and stood on top of it

more like 100%.
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

Duffy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • talkin mad shit kid
« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2006, 06:27:59 PM »
Expand Quote
I know for a fact that 99% of this board wouldn't even be able to contemplate clearing the 4 if they actually went there and stood on top of it
[close]

more like 100%.

99.99999998%. (Jayme)

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #80 on: December 26, 2006, 06:38:33 PM »
to bad it gets windy there by 1pm close to everyday. does anyone know if its possible to make it skateable again? can the wheel chair ramp be removed?

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #81 on: December 26, 2006, 07:24:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

more like 100%.
[close]

99.99999998%. (Jayme)

98.99999998% (Kelch would punch the stairs with his fist)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2006, 12:01:38 PM »
to bad it gets windy there by 1pm close to everyday. does anyone know if its possible to make it skateable again? can the wheel chair ramp be removed?

Not really. its made of cement and cuts off just about every angle on it. Ironically, I don't think they did it to stop people from skating it. Sometimes it just happens.

dcoop28

• Rep: -1
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2006, 08:14:20 PM »
would anyone mind uploading some footy of jayme's switch flip attempt. im really intrigued by it, and almost cant believe you tried that. i was there pretty recently and its almost impossible to skate now. i guess you could build a ramp to get speed for the 4 but the wheelchair ramp makes it damn hard. the three and 2 are still skateable though. the ground on the landing is rough as shit. really roughed up my hand when i skated the two. my friend tried the three and i thought that was crazy. the 4 is just ridiculously big. also jayme, when you tried the switch flip would you bomb the hill to get speed?

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2007, 07:34:00 PM »
would anyone mind uploading some footy of jayme's switch flip attempt. im really intrigued by it, and almost cant believe you tried that. i was there pretty recently and its almost impossible to skate now. i guess you could build a ramp to get speed for the 4 but the wheelchair ramp makes it damn hard. the three and 2 are still skateable though. the ground on the landing is rough as shit. really roughed up my hand when i skated the two. my friend tried the three and i thought that was crazy. the 4 is just ridiculously big. also jayme, when you tried the switch flip would you bomb the hill to get speed?

yeah, i bombed the hill into the school, i tried it on two seperate ocassions before the berg contest and then once after the contest. it was hard to stand up and roll away from it, second time i tried it i came the closest, the one from the digital video is my first time attempts were i didnt come that close, i landed on a few that day but i kept clipping the last stair.

email kyle at get creepy.com he has footage of my second attempts at the berg, i came the closest that day.

Rusto1

• Rep: -25
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2007, 04:34:25 PM »
mannn, danny got no props for that kickflip melon, but when gerwer kickflipped it, the world stopped. I never understood it.
Danny G put that shit down, cleanly and with good style, gerwers was sloppy, and his nose got in the way

Rusto1

• Rep: -25
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2007, 04:43:20 PM »
its not skateable anymore.

yes it is, you just cant roll down the street to hit it. You have to push

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2007, 02:12:12 PM »
mannn, danny got no props for that kickflip melon, but when gerwer kickflipped it, the world stopped. I never understood it.
Danny G put that shit down, cleanly and with good style, gerwers was sloppy, and his nose got in the way
Thats because thrasher hates him after he apparently tried to sue them for putting his likeness in the video game they made. Both are badass. I got love for both of 'em.

and to push to clear the 4 from where you can now would be practically impossible.

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2007, 06:04:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Thats because thrasher hates him after he apparently tried to sue them for putting his likeness in the video game they made. Both are badass. I got love for both of 'em.

and to push to clear the 4 from where you can now would be practically impossible.

unless your steve nesser or cairo, they both pushed at that bitch from the hallway, marcovich and others did too. i dont know how someone could get enough speed that way, cairo almost kickflipped it and marcovich, both getting speed by pushing from the back, nesser almost frontside flipped it that way too.  but i take it the run way is even shorter now?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2007, 12:19:33 PM »
Yeah its shorter by a bunch now. I didn't know all those guys approached it from that way though. Impressive! Basically they made a wheelchair ramp into the school. It starts off going straight at the three, like almost a better roll in for it, but then right after behind the 4 it takes a 90 degree turn and goes into the school. Its cement. It has bars going across it, there isn't really a way to get around it.