Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 925264 times)

jamersonbass and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

A.A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -52
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #6630 on: January 17, 2014, 02:22:03 AM »
Can't wait the re-make of Hellraiser.
Twin Perks

shark tits

« Reply #6631 on: January 17, 2014, 11:17:09 AM »
it's not new or anything but asides the title and it's soft bigotry of low [jump] expectations, White Men Can't Jump is one of my favorites. rosie perez was young and good looking, the dialogue was funny and hustling basketball is an interesting occupation. i wish everyone watched it so they'd get my references and not look at me like a regular guppy.

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #6632 on: January 17, 2014, 11:18:56 AM »
it's not new or anything but asides the title and it's soft bigotry of low [jump] expectations, White Men Can't Jump is one of my favorites. rosie perez was young and good looking, the dialogue was funny and hustling basketball is an interesting occupation. i wish everyone watched it so they'd get my references and not look at me like a regular guppy.

Why are you spending time with people who haven't seen White Men Can't Jump?
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

shark tits

« Reply #6633 on: January 17, 2014, 11:22:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Why are you spending time with people who haven't seen White Men Can't Jump?
ha, good question. i guess my excuse is they come w/ the skate spot.

shark tits

« Reply #6634 on: January 17, 2014, 12:54:23 PM »

I don't mean to toot my own horn by posting myself skating in a thread about movies (there isn't a horn to be tooted because a 5050 on that thing is weak) but anyway, skip to about 50 seconds into the video and see if you can hear what an onlooker says at the one minute mark, he would have gotten your reference shark tits

August 6/7 2011
dude knows what's up. and while not the hardest trick on that i wouldn't say 50 is weak either.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #6635 on: January 17, 2014, 04:22:30 PM »
Can't wait the re-make of Hellraiser.

99% or horror remakes are horrible and unnecessary.  notable exceptions are the thing, the fly, maniac, a few others.  i wouldn't hold your breath on this one, the original is perfect as is.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6636 on: January 20, 2014, 08:27:17 PM »
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #6637 on: January 21, 2014, 09:44:19 AM »
I finally just saw HER and it was pretty damn good. Just a nice movie that touched on the viewers emotions. I am sure so many people can relate to this movie if they ever have been in a relationship......or not. Great stand out parts by Joaquin and Scarlet.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #6638 on: January 21, 2014, 01:15:37 PM »
Am I the only one who was a little let down by Her? I was expecting to really, really like it but felt like it only touched the surface of the idea without going too deep into it. Great performances and all, good movie, but the dialogue and emotions could have been much stronger. Maybe I'm just thinking this way because I just recently watched some old favorite's that are dialogue/emotion heavy before I saw it - The Before trilogy, Mike Leigh's Naked, Oslo August 31st, Happiness. Also, the ending went a little too off the end for me.

LloydChristmas

« Reply #6639 on: January 21, 2014, 09:09:21 PM »
The Wolf of Wall Street   :o
GET THE LUDES!!!!  Yacht scene was awesome
i have an irrational fear of the open ocean, almost had a heart attack during that scene. 

great, great movie.

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #6640 on: January 21, 2014, 10:34:36 PM »

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #6641 on: January 22, 2014, 03:48:45 AM »
I watched The Internship yesterday.. Kinda stupid, but I still liked. Not something I would watch again, but if you have nothing else to do, Its kinda funny.

We're stuck in a blender and now saving lives WHAT?
scene about instagram was hilarious though

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #6642 on: January 22, 2014, 08:51:51 AM »

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #6643 on: January 22, 2014, 09:48:57 AM »
Am I the only one who was a little let down by Her? I was expecting to really, really like it but felt like it only touched the surface of the idea without going too deep into it. Great performances and all, good movie, but the dialogue and emotions could have been much stronger. Maybe I'm just thinking this way because I just recently watched some old favorite's that are dialogue/emotion heavy before I saw it - The Before trilogy, Mike Leigh's Naked, Oslo August 31st, Happiness. Also, the ending went a little too off the end for me.

Yeah. I did feel like by the end of it, they just made it out to be a simple love story without really getting to the technical parts of it being with an OS. I actually had to look up the ending since I sort of didn't get it and just thought there'd be more to it than that. I knew there was going to be some sort of a breakup at one point but wasn't sure how. Like I said....it just seemed like a love story by the end of it. Acting made up for it though.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #6644 on: January 22, 2014, 10:21:24 AM »
12 Years A Slave, both Fassbender and Ejiofor put in superb performances. In my opinion it's one of the most important films in years.
Watched it yesterday and thought it was a well done movie. Don't have any white mans guilt (germans suffer from other guilts).

piece of shit, straight up.

• Rep: -182
« Reply #6645 on: January 25, 2014, 02:33:06 AM »
The Counselor.

Got lots of bad reviews from typical publications, but it was amazing. Cormac McCarthy wrote the script, it's bleak and literary.

THE COUNSELOR - "Bolito"

Look at this quote from it - "I have no wish to paint the world in colors more somber than those it wears but as the world gives way to darkness it becomes more and more difficult to dismiss the understanding that the world is in fact oneself. It is a thing which you have created, no more, no less. And when you cease to be so will the world. There will be other worlds. Of course. But they are the worlds of other men and your understanding of them was never more than an illusion anyway. Your world, the only one that matters, will be gone. And it will never come again."

Best film of 2013 for sure.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 02:34:43 AM by Whatitdo? »

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #6646 on: January 25, 2014, 11:44:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah. I did feel like by the end of it, they just made it out to be a simple love story without really getting to the technical parts of it being with an OS. I actually had to look up the ending since I sort of didn't get it and just thought there'd be more to it than that. I knew there was going to be some sort of a breakup at one point but wasn't sure how. Like I said....it just seemed like a love story by the end of it. Acting made up for it though.

Was a bit weary about that movie to be honest. Was super stoked for where the wild things are when it came out yet I was left super disappointed.

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -16
« Reply #6647 on: January 27, 2014, 03:27:48 AM »
Anyone seen Nebraska/ Know where i can see it online? Only best picture nominee i havent seen.
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

silkyjohnson

« Reply #6648 on: January 27, 2014, 03:31:20 AM »
shit had me close to tears. no lie  :-[

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6649 on: January 27, 2014, 10:56:18 AM »
Any other netflix suggestions?

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #6650 on: January 27, 2014, 01:31:49 PM »
^^^ king of New York, things to do in Denver when you're dead, Gomorrah
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Merked

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
« Reply #6651 on: January 28, 2014, 07:54:02 AM »
Her.  That shit blew me away.  I didn't particularly like the ending though.  I thought he was going to kill himself so he could somehow be with the OS after death.  I dunno.  It was great though.  Movie hit me hard.  I highly recommend it.

Wolf of Wall Street.  I couldn't believe how good this shit was.  Had me dying.

Catching Fire.  Read the books because of my vagina.  Movies suck, yet this one was not as bad as the first.

Also, Slappers, I watched all of these movies on this site tunemovie.com .  I have always had websites for watching film/television, but this one is by far the best I have used for film.  No sifting through external links or closing several fucking pop ups.  Also, the quality for Catching Fire and Her were unmatched when it comes to streaming movies.  Wolf of Wall Street was still shitty quality because, I assume, of how recently it came out and they will probably upload a better quailty version in the future.  Check it out if you guys want.  
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 07:01:10 AM by Merked »
I suck at SLAP.

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #6652 on: January 28, 2014, 09:58:31 PM »
Her.  That shit blew me away.  I didn't particularly like the ending though.  I thought he was going to kill himself so he could somehow be with the OS after death.  I dunno.  It was great though.  Movie hit me hard.  I highly recommend it.

Wolf of Wall Street.  I couldn't believe how good this shit was.  Had me dying.

Catching Fire.  Read the books because of my vagina.  Movies suck, yet this one was not as bad as the first.

Also, Slappers, I watched all of these movies on this site tunemovies.com .  I have always had websites for watching film/television, but this one is by far the best I have used for film.  No sifting through external links or closing several fucking pop ups.  Also, the quality for Catching Fire and Her were unmatched when it comes to streaming movies.  Wolf of Wall Street was still shitty quality because, I assume, of how recently it came out and they will probably upload a better quailty version in the future.  Check it out if you guys want. 

Im pretty sure you mean tunemovie.com as opposed to the plural which is nothing more that a third party advertising page.

thanks tho!

Merked

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6653 on: January 29, 2014, 07:01:37 AM »
^^ Fuck, you are right lol.  Whoops, gna edit it now, but seriously it is the best movie site.
I suck at SLAP.

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #6654 on: January 29, 2014, 05:08:20 PM »
^^ Fuck, you are right lol.  Whoops, gna edit it now, but seriously it is the best movie site.

It actually is amazing, like focus your Netflix account good.

Even when the movies are posted in parts it automatically skips the the next part when the previous one ends.

Haven't really looked for many tv shows or older stuff, but yeah thanks for that!

Merked

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6655 on: January 30, 2014, 06:33:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It actually is amazing, like focus your Netflix account good.

Even when the movies are posted in parts it automatically skips the the next part when the previous one ends.

Haven't really looked for many tv shows or older stuff, but yeah thanks for that!

lolol, yeah I love it.  I haven't looked into TV shows on there.  I think it is just for movies mostly.  I'll usually use letmewatchthis.ch for tv shows.  That site is going down the shitter though.  So many pop ups and navigating external links.  Yet, if you have a show you are dying to watch, you can find quality links through this site, it is just a bit harder.
I suck at SLAP.

silkyjohnson

« Reply #6656 on: January 30, 2014, 12:39:15 PM »
Just watched Her last night and at first I wasn't too sure if I would like it but I was blown away on how good it was. Joaquin Phoniex is truly an amazing actor, I've  been a fan since he played Cash in Walk The Line & I really liked Spike Jonze's take on the look of the future he made it seem more realistic and believable rather than go the flying cars and robots route.

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -16
« Reply #6657 on: January 30, 2014, 04:22:57 PM »
Just watched Her last night and at first I wasn't too sure if I would like it but I was blown away on how good it was. Joaquin Phoniex is truly an amazing actor, I've  been a fan since he played Cash in Walk The Line & I really liked Spike Jonze's take on the look of the future he made it seem more realistic and believable rather than go the flying cars and robots route.

I had the same thoughts, most likely course for the future to take imo. Also after seeing the movie this is hilarious.

Jonah Hill - "Me" (Spoof Of The Movie Her) Ft. Michael Cera -- HD
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

esoesloco

• Rep: -5
« Reply #6658 on: January 30, 2014, 08:56:09 PM »
LOOK AT ALL MAH SHEEYIT!

Wasnt expecting such a deep experience from watching this movie, but I was blown away this is a seriously innovative film with so many levels of analysis that could be studied - didnt expect anything from this film but was WOW-ing the whole time. 

*SPOILERS_

Can see people critiquing the 'unrealistic' ending and the lack of tangible motives for the two blonde chicks, but it makes perfect sense if you look at them as they are literally described earlier in the film by Selena Gomez' Christian friend as having "demon blood".  These girls flow through the experience like spiritual forces, they are literal 'demons' with no real human motivation, instinctively spreading death and tempting other characters into givign up their lives ("you'll have all the money and power you could ever dream of" they tell her).  Characters through their own free will choose whether or not to give into these destructive forces that ultimately lead to loss of their life (greed, lust, etc).  Thats just my view on it, was so impressed with everything about this film, people will look at it as a historical piece of film decades down the line, it really captures the zeitgeist of my generation and tricks them to willingly rub their own nose in it.  Fucking spectacular film that Im sure so many hate for all the reasons I enjoyed it

Spring Breakers Video Clip HD James Franco Selena Gomez

JABRONI

• Rep: 43
« Reply #6659 on: January 30, 2014, 09:07:13 PM »
Ah, greetings, greetings, and salutations. I beg your forgiveness. My tardiness was unavoidable. Rava, my love. Elaine, my dear friend.. And you must be Jerry. Lord of the manor. Ah, my liege. A pleasure to serve you.