Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 923787 times)

augustmoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 786
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #7740 on: September 24, 2018, 06:45:47 PM »
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3-ySF3M3vIw

Took me couple of days to digest the movie but it's beautiful I have to say.

one of my all time favorites
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

ralf_

• Rep: -32
  • yo
« Reply #7741 on: September 26, 2018, 06:27:57 AM »
Expand Quote
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3-ySF3M3vIw

Took me couple of days to digest the movie but it's beautiful I have to say.
[close]

this is super. i fell asleep, but will have down time later at work  ;D ;D ;D ;D

one of my all time favorites
fun fun fun

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
« Reply #7742 on: September 27, 2018, 08:03:38 PM »
Damn I'm watching The First Purge and I'm feeling very woke (It's a metaphor for like black people)

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #7743 on: September 28, 2018, 02:30:00 PM »
I haven't seen that one yet, but The Purge movies are a big action movie guilty pleasure for me.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1203
« Reply #7744 on: October 01, 2018, 07:22:17 PM »
just watched hold the dark- on netflix

i enjoyed it, should have read the book first
i really like jeffery wright as an actor, hes great in broken flowers, and classic as peoples hernandez in shaft!

same director as green room
and i guess i should watch his other film blue ruin

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 418
« Reply #7745 on: October 01, 2018, 08:06:11 PM »
just watched hold the dark- on netflix

i enjoyed it, should have read the book first
i really like jeffery wright as an actor, hes great in broken flowers, and classic as peoples hernandez in shaft!

same director as green room
and i guess i should watch his other film blue ruin

Just watched it last night and enjoyed it as well. There's some flaws for sure, but I'm a big fan of settings in remote regions. I thought the actors did a great job.

And yes, if you liked Hold the Dark, I think you'll really enjoy Blue Ruin.

Irvine-Sucks.com

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7746 on: October 01, 2018, 08:36:54 PM »
Yeah I liked Blue Ruin, and Green Room especially. Didn't realize the director had something new out.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tpyQQ4eHR8
I totally forgot Gary Busey was in Predator 2.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7747 on: October 01, 2018, 08:57:11 PM »
Yeah I liked Blue Ruin, and Green Room especially. Didn't realize the director had something new out.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tpyQQ4eHR8
I totally forgot Gary Busey was in Predator 2.

Hold the Dark is streaming on Netflix if you're interested.

Irvine-Sucks.com

dragonblade

• Rep: -12
« Reply #7748 on: October 04, 2018, 02:36:55 AM »
'The Hunt For Red October' where Sean Connery plays a Russian sub commander with a Scottish accent.

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #7749 on: October 13, 2018, 02:52:49 AM »

Watched Lynne Ramsay's You were never really here earlier in the year. I thought it was pretty lacklustre.
We need to talk about Kevin on the other hand has really blown me away. I watched it a week ago and haven't been able to stop thinking about Kevin and his mother. Has anyone else seen this?

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7750 on: October 15, 2018, 10:08:48 PM »
I re watched Killing of a Sacred Deer, The Lobster, and Dogtooth this weekend.

It was only my second time seeing Killing..., I definitely liked it more than the first time I saw it, but I still think The Lobster and Dogtooth were way better. I love those movies, Dogtooth especially.

I didn't realize Yorgos Lanthimos put a new movie out this year, really excited to watch that.

fergus

• Rep: 45
« Reply #7751 on: October 16, 2018, 05:16:46 AM »

Watched Lynne Ramsay's You were never really here earlier in the year. I thought it was pretty lacklustre.
We need to talk about Kevin on the other hand has really blown me away. I watched it a week ago and haven't been able to stop thinking about Kevin and his mother. Has anyone else seen this?

This movie is fucked and stuck with me for weeks after. Had to watch Ratatouille to lighten my mood after watching it.

childhood

• SLAP Pal

Seduction

• Rep: 5
« Reply #7753 on: October 17, 2018, 12:46:32 PM »
Just saw Mandy

Holy Shit

if it's playing near you, GO
I’ve been obsessed with seeing Mandy but it never showed in my area. My theater would rather show garbage like Hell fest. Preordered the Blu-ray though  8)

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #7754 on: October 19, 2018, 03:45:12 PM »
Went and watched Halloween today; it was alright.

Pigeon

« Reply #7755 on: October 19, 2018, 04:20:53 PM »
Deadpool 2

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #7756 on: October 20, 2018, 07:31:27 AM »
Prometheus, didn't know it was an alien movie until the octopus thing fucked the humanoid.

Actually I never watched any of the Alien series before, do you recommend them? How should I watch them if so?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 786
« Reply #7757 on: October 20, 2018, 02:10:30 PM »
I watched Apostle on netflix and I think I may have liked it I'm not sure. I am thinking it was probably a metaphor for something I am also not quite sure. Was everyone gay? Communism!?

seems like at its core it was some kind of statement on the perils of the industrial revolution and its effects on the sanctity of mother earth
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7758 on: October 20, 2018, 07:20:40 PM »
Expand Quote
I watched Apostle on netflix and I think I may have liked it I'm not sure. I am thinking it was probably a metaphor for something I am also not quite sure. Was everyone gay? Communism!?
[close]

seems like at its core it was some kind of statement on the perils of the industrial revolution and its effects on the sanctity of mother earth

I watched it the other night and really liked it. That main character dude did an awesome job. At the least, it was visually stunning and entertaining.

Irvine-Sucks.com

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7759 on: October 21, 2018, 12:13:46 AM »
Prometheus, didn't know it was an alien movie until the octopus thing fucked the humanoid.

Actually I never watched any of the Alien series before, do you recommend them? How should I watch them if so?

I'd say on a decently big screen and with good surround sound or headphones at least. Especially for Alien.
Then just watch them in order til you start to hate them. Alien 3 is apparently pretty divisive, here's a good article on it:
https://film.avclub.com/alien-is-so-much-better-than-david-fincher-and-its-rep-1825849182

I actually just watched Ridley Scott's first movie earlier this week for the first time.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRPfJ8GZFWg

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7760 on: October 21, 2018, 12:23:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

And the effects of giant screws.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #7761 on: October 21, 2018, 01:02:15 PM »

they are a little dated.. but the first 3 are definitely worth a watch.
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #7762 on: October 21, 2018, 04:08:39 PM »
 Glen Gary Glen cross again a couple of whiles ago.  That shits funny.  I wanna watch that I'm still here again sometime.  I liked that. ' Somewhere' is good -ol Steve Dorf is in that.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #7763 on: October 26, 2018, 04:06:02 PM »
Does anybody have any good, creepy sci-fi/horror films they can recommend?  The Thing is one of my all-time favorites (definitely in my top 5), and I'm looking for movies similar to that.  Creepy, slow-paced, almost noir-ish alien/monster weirdness.  I've seen quite a few but I'm hoping there's some under the radar stuff I can check out.

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #7764 on: October 26, 2018, 04:55:57 PM »
Does anybody have any good, creepy sci-fi/horror films they can recommend?  The Thing is one of my all-time favorites (definitely in my top 5), and I'm looking for movies similar to that.  Creepy, slow-paced, almost noir-ish alien/monster weirdness.  I've seen quite a few but I'm hoping there's some under the radar stuff I can check out.

off the top of my head... sunshine
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

eight two fives

• Rep: -26
« Reply #7765 on: October 26, 2018, 10:16:51 PM »
Have you seen the Void or Baskin? Those were both great.

Just watched this, it's nuts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfSisHrUTLM
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 10:19:48 PM by eight two fives »

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7766 on: October 27, 2018, 03:07:19 AM »
You've probably seen Event Horizon.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #7767 on: October 27, 2018, 10:19:27 AM »

Yeah that’s a good one.  I’ve seen The Void but never Baskin so I’ll have to check that out. 

Last night I watched Invasion of the Bodysnatchers (the 1978 version) and I highly recommend it to anybody who likes dark, noirish sci-fi movies.  Really slow and creepy

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #7768 on: October 29, 2018, 05:31:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This movie is fucked and stuck with me for weeks after. Had to watch Ratatouille to lighten my mood after watching it.

I've always been attracted to Tilda Swintan. I have no idea why. If I watch Mandy, will it cure me of my Tilda thing? Asking for a friend.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7769 on: October 29, 2018, 08:51:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah that’s a good one.  I’ve seen The Void but never Baskin so I’ll have to check that out. 

Last night I watched Invasion of the Bodysnatchers (the 1978 version) and I highly recommend it to anybody who likes dark, noirish sci-fi movies.  Really slow and creepy

You might wanna re watch some Twilight Zone episodes too? I think most of them are still on Netflix.

The episode The Monsters are Due on Maple Street kind of has a The Thing vibe to it, if I'm remembering right.

Oh fuck yeah, The Thing is actually playing a few blocks from my work tomorrow night!
https://www.landmarktheatres.com/philadelphia/film-info/the-thing
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 09:04:06 AM by childhood »