Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 575543 times)

Yushin Okami and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ZipZinger

Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #1470 on: September 29, 2009, 10:43:20 PM »

i watch this religiously

frisco

« Reply #1471 on: September 29, 2009, 11:22:05 PM »
saw the watchmen last night. had low expectations going in, but it was amazing. best super-hero movie hands down.

you both fail

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -7
« Reply #1472 on: September 30, 2009, 12:10:33 AM »
saw the watchmen last night. had low expectations going in, but it was amazing. best super-hero movie hands down.

you both fail

Nope.

I liked it a lot, but the Joker was really the only great thing about it. It's definitley way better than Watchmen though.

tough omelette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
  • かわいい
« Reply #1473 on: September 30, 2009, 03:10:34 AM »

sossamon tits!

ahahahah, yeah, she has some great ones. Buddy Giovianzzo is a great filmmaker.

here's another good one by him:

depressingly awesome! couldn't tell if the old father was genuine or not though.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -417
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #1474 on: September 30, 2009, 08:03:49 AM »
Could any one recommend some good film noir?

tough omelette - added Combat Shock to my netflix
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 08:05:55 AM by vegan*shawn »

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #1475 on: September 30, 2009, 11:44:47 AM »
i've been watching this a lot lately, every night before i go to sleep:

...the perfect bedtime story.

"You know what a love letter is, fucker? It's a bullet from a fucking gun, fucker..."
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

tough omelette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
  • かわいい
« Reply #1476 on: September 30, 2009, 12:03:01 PM »

tough omelette - added Combat Shock to my netflix
i'm sure you'll get a kick out of it

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #1477 on: September 30, 2009, 12:25:10 PM »
when i was younger, i had an unbelieveable fear of that dude with the mean forehead in the painting. i had nightmares almost everynight for months after seeing it and still from time to time have a fucked up dream involving him chasing me through the sewer full of pink ooze.

Vigo the Corinthian was a bad motherfucker.
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

Miadaskate

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1478 on: September 30, 2009, 11:33:41 PM »
when i was younger, i had an unbelieveable fear of that dude with the mean forehead in the painting. i had nightmares almost everynight for months after seeing it and still from time to time have a fucked up dream involving him chasing me through the sewer full of pink ooze.

Vigo the Carpathian was a bad motherfucker.

Also, I watched this last night. I had forgotten how raw and just fucking cool this movie is. The ending always leaves me with a lot of questions, though.

frisco

« Reply #1479 on: September 30, 2009, 11:46:46 PM »

Vigo the Carpathian was a bad motherfucker.

Also, I watched this last night. I had forgotten how raw and just fucking cool this movie is. The ending always leaves me with a lot of questions, though.

Really like what? Im not being sarcastic im interested to hear

Miadaskate

« Reply #1480 on: October 01, 2009, 12:32:53 AM »

Well, sometimes I think that the end of the film is some sort of a dream sequence. Like, did Travis finally get some sleep, and dreamed that he killed all those pimps? Was the whole movie a dream, and the end is after Travis has woken up? Another question I always had was, if it wasn't a dream, why was Travis not arrested for murdering 3-4 people? Even though he did kill pimps and was just looking into the girl's best interest, wouldn't he have at least gotten arrested for vigilantism or something? I just was confused at how they celebrated him as a hero. I looked on the IMDB messageboard for it, and apparently a lot of people are asking the same questions I am. Also, this last part is probably just me, but at the end, I always think that Betsy is going to shoot Travis in the cab at the end. I don't know, maybe it's just the look on her face in the rear-view mirror. 

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -7
« Reply #1481 on: October 01, 2009, 12:35:30 AM »

Well, sometimes I think that the end of the film is some sort of a dream sequence. Like, did Travis finally get some sleep, and dreamed that he killed all those pimps? Was the whole movie a dream, and the end is after Travis has woken up? Another question I always had was, if it wasn't a dream, why was Travis not arrested for murdering 3-4 people? Even though he did kill pimps and was just looking into the girl's best interest, wouldn't he have at least gotten arrested for vigilantism or something? I just was confused at how they celebrated him as a hero. I looked on the IMDB messageboard for it, and apparently a lot of people are asking the same questions I am. Also, this last part is probably just me, but at the end, I always think that Betsy is going to shoot Travis in the cab at the end. I don't know, maybe it's just the look on her face in the rear-view mirror. 

People are acting like it's No Country for Old Men. I always thought the ending was pretty straight forward.

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #1482 on: October 01, 2009, 01:12:29 AM »
the ending to taxi driver is just showing that there is still a bit of craziness left in bickle. just showing that he could easily slip back into a violent rage, and that he is definitely not somehow turned normal after being labeled a hero.
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

ugly ass kook

• Rep: -58
« Reply #1483 on: October 01, 2009, 03:00:52 AM »
Jennifer's body was decent. Sorority row was pretty miss.

ugly ass kook

« Reply #1484 on: October 01, 2009, 03:02:08 AM »
oh, and I watched observe and report yesterday, It was ok, I'm always down for seth green movies.

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
« Reply #1485 on: October 01, 2009, 07:55:08 AM »
oh, and I watched observe and report yesterday, It was ok, I'm always down for seth green movies.

seth green wasn't in that.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • Has anybody seen Sponge Harris?
« Reply #1486 on: October 01, 2009, 10:20:10 AM »
saw 'night skies' yesterday. weird movie. didn't really like it.  i like the whole mystery behind the arizona lights but it got weird with shitty aliens taking babies out of girls' stomachs and shit.

cja105

« Reply #1487 on: October 01, 2009, 10:31:21 AM »
"The Pianist" - missed it the first time round, but by the magic of the internet I was able to watch it a few days ago. Watch it, if you haven't already.

A Rolled Ankle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 46
    • http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/mindhead84/rza_1455.jpg
« Reply #1488 on: October 01, 2009, 10:33:47 AM »
Inglorious Bastards! GREAT MOVIE

frisco

« Reply #1489 on: October 01, 2009, 11:31:06 AM »
the ending to taxi driver is just showing that there is still a bit of craziness left in bickle. just showing that he could easily slip back into a violent rage, and that he is definitely not somehow turned normal after being labeled a hero.

This and it also in a way shows how American society and mainstream media can turn a nut case like Travis into a "hero" when yes, he was looking out for her best interests, but lets face it, he just needed to get some killing in

lol

"The Pianist" - missed it the first time round, but by the magic of the internet I was able to watch it a few days ago. Watch it, if you haven't already.

I'm going to watch it sometime this week, i've never seen it, I usually stayed away because the movie sounded so much like "The Penis"

ugly ass kook

« Reply #1490 on: October 01, 2009, 01:12:47 PM »
seth rogan* I always get those names mixed up.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #1491 on: October 01, 2009, 01:55:20 PM »

This and it also in a way shows how American society and mainstream media can turn a nut case like Travis into a "hero" when yes, he was looking out for her best interests, but lets face it, he just needed to get some killing in

lol

I'm going to watch it sometime this week, i've never seen it, I usually stayed away because the movie sounded so much like "The Penis"

Oh man you're in for a treat if you haven't seen The Pianist before. Adrien Brody is absolutely flawless. Definitely one of my favourite movies.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -417
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #1492 on: October 01, 2009, 01:57:17 PM »
I also watched Observe and Report, it was funny and made me feel really uncomfortable at times.

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
« Reply #1493 on: October 01, 2009, 01:59:30 PM »

[/quote]

i'm sure you can catch it on TV. Ever since Roman Polanski got arrested, all the major networks have been capitalizing on the event by having unofficial marathons of his films. Just the other day, HBO aired Rosemary's Baby like 4 times in a row.

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
« Reply #1494 on: October 01, 2009, 02:26:48 PM »
Just saw 9.... while the characters were super original looking, and visually, the movie was awesome, I thought the story was kinda slow and boring.

bosnianslut

• Rep: 25
« Reply #1495 on: October 01, 2009, 02:58:02 PM »
The Big Sleep, Chinatown and Blade Runner to name a few.
i really like these Alaiis Mathez French cocoa dusted truffles

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #1496 on: October 01, 2009, 03:07:50 PM »
I've never understood the love for blade runner. I tried to watch it once but it was just so dreadfully boring.

j0rdan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • ))<>(( forever.
« Reply #1497 on: October 01, 2009, 03:46:36 PM »
I rewatched barton fink, such a good movie. I'm a big fan of slashers, and somehow I missed this one.

bruce campbell was in it for like 2 seconds at the end, even though his name is on the front cover haha. pretty entertaining movie, had some interesting kills/gore.

frisco

« Reply #1498 on: October 01, 2009, 04:11:40 PM »
Just saw 9.... while the characters were super original looking, and visually, the movie was awesome, I thought the story was kinda slow and boring.

I thought it was one of the worst movies of the year. Seriously brutal, they fucking said "We have to go back!" "We have to save them!" about 40 times in that fucking movie

And the animation wasn't even good IMO, it looked like a bad cut scene from a video game.

I've never understood the love for blade runner. I tried to watch it once but it was just so dreadfully boring.

For 82 it looks amazing, Kubricks 2001 still to me is the greatest sci fi movie of all time but Blade Runner is up there, the visuals are ridiculous for its time much like 2001

Miadaskate

« Reply #1499 on: October 01, 2009, 04:24:56 PM »

Thanks for your opinions on Taxi Driver. I guess Scorsese made the film in a way that it will have some people asking questions about it. The same goes for the Coen brothers with No Country For Old Men. The Pianist is really good. For those who haven't seen it yet, I hope you guys enjoy it.